College b-ball/NBA prospects Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

College b-ball/NBA prospects Thread

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

This thread we talk about college ballers we seen throughout the year and especially during the tournaments and debate their NBA prospects.

I'll start with Demar Derozan.

I been watching a lot of pac 10 and Big East this year like I usually do. He's been up and down the whole season. However, during the pac 10 tournament, he has been killing.....becoming the key reason behind USC's run for an auto bid.

Dude is athletic as fuck. I can't think of a better athlete that might come out for the 2009 NBA draft class. Possesses at least a 40 inch vert and can jump out the gym. He's a great fucking rebounder for his position. Pretty solid defender and plays passing lanes well. Fills the wings well on fast breaks.

However, the man is still offensively raw. He's been hitting 3s more consistently in the tournament but has been ehhhhhh from outside during the season. He has a good form so he might just need consistency on his shot. He doesn't really make plays for others. Doesn't have much of a midrange game.

At this point, i'd have to compare him to a much more athletic version of Corey Maggette.

an-also

Post by an-also »

DeRozen seems like a guy who would benefit from another year at usc. He's an athletic freak though. Can he dribble?

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

his handles is ok. he'd definitely be a project in the NBA. like you say, he could use another year at USC under the historic tutelage of Tim Floyd. j/k about the tim floyd part but he should probably stay another year in school to develop more.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Devin Ebanks from WVU looks impressive. I haven't seen him play until the Big East tourney, but for a frosh, he looks like a threat. Insanely athletic, really good rebounder for a small forward, a knack for scoring, tough defender because of his length and athleticism, and has good inside/outside abilities. I think if he stays in school to bulk up and add some presence on the post offensively, and increases his understanding of his position instead of relying on natural ability, dude could be special.

PEACE

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

DeRozen was considered a Top 5 pick at the beginning of the season, but he's dropped out of the Top 10 on a lot of boards. If USC can win the Pac-10 tournament and sneak into the tournament, he could improve his stock immensely.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Money Gripp wrote:DeRozen was considered a Top 5 pick at the beginning of the season, but he's dropped out of the Top 10 on a lot of boards. If USC can win the Pac-10 tournament and sneak into the tournament, he could improve his stock immensely.
OH RELE?!?!

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

James Harden is my favorite player that may enter the draft.

along with Griffin, might be the most polished offensive basketball player to enter the draft. He can score from anywhere. Is extremely crafty. Is super unselfish.

I love this dude.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:DeRozen was considered a Top 5 pick at the beginning of the season, but he's dropped out of the Top 10 on a lot of boards. If USC can win the Pac-10 tournament and sneak into the tournament, he could improve his stock immensely.
OH RELE?!?!
I READ THIS POST AND I MAGINED YOU NAKED ON THE BEACH, WITH A PICNIC BASKET, BECKONING MY NAME

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
OH RELE?!?!
I READ THIS POST AND I MAGINED YOU NAKED ON THE BEACH, WITH A PICNIC BASKET, BECKONING MY NAME
:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:James Harden is my favorite player that may enter the draft.

along with Griffin, might be the most polished offensive basketball player to enter the draft. He can score from anywhere. Is extremely crafty. Is super unselfish.

I love this dude.
yeah...harden is great. But...dude needs to be more unselfish. 1 shot in the first half today? Dayum.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Money Gripp wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
OH RELE?!?!
WHILE READING THIS POST, I IMAGINED NAS WTFing WHILE HE SAW ME AND YOU POST ON A MESSAGE BOARD TOGETHER USING THE NAS WTF EMOTICON

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
OH RELE?!?!
WHILE READING THIS POST, I IMAGINED NAS WTFing WHILE HE SAW ME AND YOU POST ON A MESSAGE BOARD TOGETHER USING THE NAS WTF EMOTICON
I imagined that post as Arlene, Keen, DeMar Derozan, and James Harden smoking pot and playing hungry-hungry hippos at Venice Beach.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Money Gripp wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote: OH RELE?!?!
I imagined that post as Arlene, Keen, DeMar Derozan, and James Harden smoking pot and playing hungry-hungry hippos at Venice Beach.
WHILE READING THIS POST, I IMAGINED RICK PITINO, COACH K, JIM BOEHEIM, AND GENO AURIEMMA PLAYING RISK AT PAT SUMMIT'S HOUSE. JIM BOEHEIM INCORPORATED THE 2-3 ZONE WHILE DEFENDING AUSTRALIA WHILE PAT SUMMIT INCORPORATED THE DIAMOND AND 1 TO DEFEND HER BOX FROM BRUCE PEARL

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote: I READ THIS POST AND I MAGINED YOU NAKED ON THE BEACH, WITH A PICNIC BASKET, BECKONING MY NAME
WHILE READING THIS POST, I IMAGINED RICK PITINO, COACH K, JIM BOEHEIM, AND GENO AURIEMMA PLAYING RISK AT PAT SUMMIT'S HOUSE. JIM BOEHEIM INCORPORATED THE 2-3 ZONE WHILE DEFENDING AUSTRALIA WHILE PAT SUMMIT INCORPORATED THE DIAMOND AND 1 TO DEFEND HER BOX FROM BRUCE PEARL
:killacam:

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Positive A wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:James Harden is my favorite player that may enter the draft.

I love this dude.
yeah...harden is great. But...dude needs to be more unselfish. 1 shot in the first half today? Dayum.
So he should take no shots? You broke my brain.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

For the record, I really like Harden, too. He's a baller. Very well-rounded, team player, and all that good stuff.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Money Gripp wrote:
Positive A wrote:

I love this dude.
So he should take no shots? You broke my brain.
lol...my bad. more selfish.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Wow. Harden shit the bed.

rainmaker

Post by rainmaker »

Tyreke Evans of Memphis

ball game.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i'll do this with random players that i like/don't like during the days heading into and out of march madness:

TERRENCE WILLIAMS

CEILING: LESS SCORING INSTINCTS OVERALL BUT RICH MAN'S RICHARD JEFFERSON (RJ WITH HANDLE AND PASSING) OR ANDRE IGUODALA

WORST CASE: FRANCISCO GARCIA

WILLIE WARREN

CEILING: GILBERT ARENAS (SERIOUSLY THIS DUDE IS ILL AS FUCK CHECK THIS YOUTUBE)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5a_wW6Zf0Qk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5a_wW6Zf0Qk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WORST CASE: RODNEY STUCKEY
Nets 2022

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

From what I hear around campus is that Sam Young is getting looked at for the NBA. He has played very well for PITT especially this season in his senior year.

Shyste502

Post by Shyste502 »

What do you all think of Earl Clark?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Shyste502 wrote:What do you all think of Earl Clark?
love earl clark. should be a lottery pick, especially after he shows off his freakish combo of athleticism and lack of clumsiness with the ball in predraft workouts

love sam young, but he scares me as an nba player. he could very well be joey graham part deux. i need to see him more b/c i don't have a good feel for his overall game

the difference between terrence williams and sam young is that i think terrence actually has the nba handle/ability to slash successfully in the league, but i'm not sure if sam is that good yet in that way
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

TYREKE EVANS IS 6'6 WITH A 7'2 WINGSPAN

(according to radio interview b/w francesa and calipari)

:ohsh:
Nets 2022

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

Shyste502 wrote:What do you all think of Earl Clark?
he's should be a top 5 pick, loved his game for years

gm's will find a way to try him

an-also

Post by an-also »

Rubio says he wants to enter the draft now

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

an-also wrote:Rubio says he wants to enter the draft now
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

THE KNICKS WILL NEVER GET HIM
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

earl clark is a lottery pick but could potentially outplay his draft position through his career.

he suffers from rudy gay syndrome.

in fact, a poor man's rudy gay is the best comparison to earl clark.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Reason wrote:
an-also wrote:Rubio says he wants to enter the draft now
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

THE KNICKS WILL NEVER GET HIM
not only will the knicks get him

i will cry that night.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:earl clark is a lottery pick but could potentially outplay his draft position through his career.

he suffers from rudy gay syndrome.

in fact, a poor man's rudy gay is the best comparison to earl clark.
in terms of motor/intangibles? okay.

but come on, earl can't shoot with rudy.

in fact, i like to compare rudy gay to a player he SHOULD be like, given his talent set, length, height, ability to shoot and dunk on dudes: kevin durant
Last edited by Reason on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nets 2022