Donte Stallworth Kills Florida Pedestrian With His Bentley

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Hayzoos

Donte Stallworth Kills Florida Pedestrian With His Bentley

Post by Hayzoos »

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. ג€” Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.

Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit a 49-year-old man around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. The unidentified pedestrian was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth, 28, was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

Miami-Dade County property records show he owns two condos in a building on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami not far from the causeway and another condo in a different building in Miami.

A message seeking comment was left on the voicemail of his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday.

He previously played for the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints in the NFL and the University of Tennessee in college.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/1 ... 74978.html
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

rip career. well it was rip'd after he left philly but now he is done for sure. not that he'll be suspended but thats gotta fuck with his mind forever.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

this dumb motherfucker had a .12 bac, .04 over the legal limit

asshole is going to jail for a while, just turned it from a class a mideamnor max 15 days in jail to a fucking felony manslaughter 15 years max
Nets 2022

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Reason wrote:dumb

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

now that he was over the legal limit do what do you think he'll serve?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
i'd guess somewhere in the 3 to 5 year range

assuming he's a first time offender, taking into consideration that he was "only" .04 above the legal limit, etc.

i know of a case recently of a man who got 8 years, and he was at .20 bac, .12 over the legal limit, and i believe not a first time offender

he slammed another car and the dude died in that car. i dunno how to weigh the fact that stallworth's particular victim was a pedestrian and not in a vehicle or if that matters.
Nets 2022

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Reason wrote: mideamnor

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Moolah wrote:
Reason wrote: mideamnor
:lol: but that is hardly a mistake and more of an oversight/omission

and i hate you
Nets 2022

Karisma

Post by Karisma »

Didnt Leonard Little do this near exact same thang and get like Probation?

Dontes character > his

but still

FML Award worthy

stupid stupid stupid stu...
"Daddies home...Niggas is Scared, Way before I put the Key in the Door"-Jigga

/\ Bernard Pollards House

...He hit Tom just above the shoes, and poured
MORTON salt in our Superbowl Wounds!!

YALL READY TO RIDE ON THIS FOOL??
RAWBLE RAWBLE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Karisma wrote:Didnt Leonard Little do this near exact same thang and get like Probation?
Manslaughter Conviction

After attending a drunken birthday party in 1998, Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri. Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.

Second arrest

Six years later, in 2004, Little was again arrested for drunk driving and speeding.[5] The probable cause statement filed by police said Little had bloodshot and watery eyes, smelled of alcohol and failed three sobriety tests. [6] Because of Little's 1999 guilty plea to involuntary manslaughter in his drunken-driving crash case, prosecutors charged him as a persistent offender. This made it a felony case.[6] Little was acquitted of driving while intoxicated, but was convicted only of the misdemeanor speeding charge.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Karisma wrote:Didnt Leonard Little do this near exact same thang and get like Probation?

Dontes character > his

but still

FML Award worthy

stupid stupid stupid stu...
yea i did research and you're right, i was way off-base, worse than probation, but still no real jail time
Nets 2022

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

fuck, this guy is screwed...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

These days the court system loves making examples out of athletes. The media will do everything they can to perpetuate it too.

Just look how the first sentence was written for the AP.
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. ג€” Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.
Think about it.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

he deserves to go to jail. forget making an example out of him.

he killed someone while driving drunk.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:he deserves to go to jail. forget making an example out of him.

he killed someone while driving drunk.
He deserves to go to jail for being a fucking horrible fantasy player for the past 4 years. Fuck him and for his inconsistent ass stats.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

^^^ lol.... oh he's definitely going to jail for at least 5 years..especially when you hit someone with a gigantic car like a Bentley...

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Nl5H wrote:^^^ lol.... oh he's definitely going to jail for at least 5 years..especially when you hit someone with a gigantic car like a Bentley...
didn't read the thread did you
Nets 2022

dirty hank

Post by dirty hank »

It all depends on his past record.

But dude is paid, so he'll be suiting up pretty well in court.

One of my best friends got into a drunk driving accident. He was blacked out and lost control of his car and hit a police car that had someone else pulled over. When he hit the cop car, he sent the cruiser flying into the cop who was issuing a ticket. The cop got all fucked up and was out of work and everything. He got a ten year sentence, 8 suspended 2 to serve.
DIRTYHANKDOTCOM

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

depends on florida's policy on DUI's too...some states are far worse than others. if he gets tried in a more conservative town (there are many in florida) with some racist ass judge, will probably get max.
Last edited by Nl5H on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Reason wrote:
Nl5H wrote:^^^ lol.... oh he's definitely going to jail for at least 5 years..especially when you hit someone with a gigantic car like a Bentley...
huh? you think he's doing 3-5...i'm saying he's going to do slightly more than that...

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Vick did less than 2 years right? I say he does 3 1/2 assuming he has a good lawyer and no priors. I will say you'll never see him on the football field again in uniform.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

I love it HE HAD 4 DROPPED TD'S HANG EM HIGH!! hahaha

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Nl5H wrote:
Reason wrote:
huh? you think he's doing 3-5...i'm saying he's going to do slightly more than that...
if you actually read the WHOLE THREAD, i took back what i said after karisma and naturalborn posted about leonard little, who received a measly 90 days in jail and 1000 hrs community service

professional player in a similar situation. the main difference is obv. the car vs. the pedestrian. but i fail to see how it will make the sentence increase from 90 days to 3 to 5 years. leonard little blew a .19! donte blew a .12. i just don't know how the fact that he hit a pedestrian as opposed to a car will make a difference. they both died right?
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Philaflava wrote:Vick did less than 2 years right? I say he does 3 1/2 assuming he has a good lawyer and no priors. I will say you'll never see him on the football field again in uniform.
Reason wrote:karisma and naturalborn posted about leonard little, who received a measly 90 days in jail and 1000 hrs community service

professional player in a similar situation. the main difference is obv. the car vs. the pedestrian. but i fail to see how it will make the sentence increase from 90 days to 3 to 5 years. leonard little blew a .19! donte blew a .12. i just don't know how the fact that he hit a pedestrian as opposed to a car will make a difference. they both died right?
don't forget the judge went OVER his own prosecutor's suggestion for a sentence (pros. said give him 12 to 18 months, judge exceeded and gave him 23), some say it was political or to make a statement that might have been unnecessary, others say it was done b/c vick FUNDED the operation AND killed dogs himself and how many nobody knew

i guess in the eyes of american justice, funding a relatively large criminal operation in which gambling and other illegal activities are taking place AND murdering animals/being cruel to animals in the supposed hundreds is worse than killing a man by about 20 months of jail time?
Nets 2022

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

nah, I did read the thread. I just think Little got of fway too easy, but that was 11 years ago...DUI's are now being cracked down upon more seriously (well especially here in New Mexico, from what i'm hearing about) in our country, so I'm just not convinced Donte's sentence will be very light. anyhow, he's likely to never play nfl ball again..unless he does his sentence, goes to nfl europe or something, and makes a miraculous comeback...not going to happen.