Jay Cutler Saga, The Mega Thread. (Bears Get Cutler)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

What are the immediate results of the Bears getting Jay Cutler?

Eternalreflection crying yet again after the Vikings miss out on another QB
19%
Blastmaster and An-Also crying because they didn't want him in the NFC North
5%
Stupidregister will cry because he just recently dissed the fuck outta the dude and now has to root for him
29%
Jay Cutler will cry after Mike Ditka will call him a bitch on national television
24%
Jay Cutler will overdose on the Sweetness
No votes
Do the Detroit Lions count as a football team?
24%

Total votes: 21

Magneto

Jay Cutler Saga, The Mega Thread. (Bears Get Cutler)

Post by Magneto »

????????? They tried to get Matt Cassell and trade Cutler. Huh?
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

They wildin', I heard Cutler was pissed

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

To answer your question: because he sucks.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Tired & Broke wrote:They wildin', I heard Cutler was pissed
meh, he just gets cranky when he forgets his glucose tablet.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

Josh McDaniels wants Cassel. There were people outside Invesco ready to kill him last night. Two young inexperienced people running the front office like its their fantasy team...really really lame.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This will not play out well for Denver. Cutler is way too immature not to hold a grudge for awhile.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

stupidregister wrote:To answer your question: because he sucks.
so only Brady Manning Brees and Rivers don't suck?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

New coaches always want to bring new guys in.

I'm not surprised, but they should be pissed the news got out. Let's be real, almost nobody is untouchable in the NFL. If someone had offered a very good deal they would have made the trade. They obviously didn't get a good enough offer so they didn't trade him.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Cutler's not the problem. They need to fix their Downy-soft defense.

MaskedTerror # 2

Post by MaskedTerror # 2 »

The story is pretty awesome.
Why would Pats turn down 12th pick for Cassel?

March 1, 2009 12:25 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Circumstances surrounding the Matt Cassel trade keep getting curiouser and curiouser.

The more we learn, the more inexplicable it gets.

The New England Patriots sent Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel to the Kansas City Chiefs for the 34th overall selection in this year's draft, compensation that seemed a little weak on the surface.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen has since reported there was a much better offer on the table, that the Patriots passed on the 12th overall pick in a three-way trade that would've sent Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The Patriots did business with Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, who for the previous nine years worked closely with Bill Belichick in the Patriots' front office. It must be noted new Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels was Belichick's offensive coordinator in New England.

Mort and I have exchanged a few e-mails on the subject. Here is how he broke down the proposed three-way deal:

This one defies logic, but a source I really trust tells me it's true: The Broncos were willing to offer their own first-round pick (12th overall) to the Patriots for Cassel. Obviously, it was conditional upon Cutler being traded and Tampa Bay was the most likely destination, the Bucs willing to part with their first- and third-round picks.

But Belichick never embraced a trade with the Broncos, even though it was a head-scratcher on the value part (second-rounder versus a first-rounder). It suggests two or three speculative thoughts:

Belichick has always valued second-round picks (he now has three) and didn't want to be stuck at No. 12 financially for whatever reason;
Belichick had an agreement with Pioli all along and wouldn't break his word;
Belichick isn't about to help another former assistant.
The Broncos sensed resistance all along, which is why they held the Bucs, Lions, Vikings, etc., at arm's length and allows McDaniels his plausible deniability on trading Cutler (and logic supports his denial).

However, despite intense efforts to keep this run at Cassel under wraps, enough damage has been done that Cutler may now be on the block.

The Broncos/Cutler aspect of the trade was reported by the Boston Globe. A Patriots' leak? Why? To mess with McDaniels?

Mort is correct. The information is astounding.

Several citizens of Patriot Nation have written into my AFC East mailbag and left notes in the comments section that Belichick didn't want a first-round pick for Cassel, that a second-rounder is more financially palatable.

Ridiculous, I say. The Patriots had the No. 10 pick last year and were highly successful with it, selecting defensive rookie of the year Jerod Mayo, a franchise player who could anchor their defense for the next decade.

The No. 12 pick is a commodity. The Patriots might've traded it for additional picks, dangling it on draft day to a team that has the hots for, say, quarterback Mark Sanchez, and don't want him to get away.

Mort left me with one last thought:

It is also interesting that Pioli made the trade without doing a deal with Cassel. This puts a lot of leverage on Cassel's side going forward. Then again, Pioli probably sensed Cassel would have preferred McDaniels and the Broncos for all the obvious reasons, which may have influenced negotiations in Cassel's favor anyway. AFC West rivalry revived here.

That's a lot to think about.
Belichek is such a complete dick that I can't help but respect it. Pioli is his boy, but the ingrates who assisted him by just doing what he said and turning that into head coaching jobs (prematurely) can suck it.

Masked Terror # 2- The Violent One

"The pleasure was yours"

an-also

Post by an-also »

:lol: Belichek is the best

still illiterate

Someone tell the Pats, the cowboys will take that worthless first round pick off their hands for our value pack 2nd rounder.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

thought you'd find this funny...

www.keepjayfiremcdaniels.com

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

bellichick is a douche bag, and cassel will suck on the chiefs...

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

It doesn't make sense. Cutler's a year younger, knows the system (unless a radical change is being made) and still has potential.

I can't see Cassel doing much with the Chiefs if Tony Gonzalez gets traded.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

On top of all of this Brandon Marshall was arrested last night. Our season is fucked.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

the broncos got Dawkins.. that hurts my soul.. much like when jerome died or reggie went to the packers. laurie dropped the ball on this one..

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Psychosis wrote:It doesn't make sense. Cutler's a year younger, knows the system (unless a radical change is being made) and still has potential.
how would cutler know mcdaniels' system better then cassell?

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

:cry:

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

Mansfield Status wrote:Image

Yeah, that doesn't look weird or uncomfortable in the slightest.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

because he can't read a defense worth a shit.

MaskedTerror # 2

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Psychosis wrote:It doesn't make sense. Cutler's a year younger, knows the system (unless a radical change is being made) and still has potential.
how would cutler know mcdaniels' system better then cassell?

"The pleasure was yours"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Orale Holmes wrote:On top of all of this Brandon Marshall was arrested last night. Our season is fucked.
charges dropped. he still could face some suspension from the league though.

MaskedTerror # 2

If you're a denver fan, the upside is that you still have a probowl QB.

And if he is unhappy and ghey and it affects his play, then fuck him. QBs used to have to go through adversity. So with the diabetes, and now this, the dude should mature and be a leader instead of a whiner.

I would choose to look at it that way. You won't know until you see it.

What maybe should make you leak out a bit of pee pee is the combined record of those that leave Belichek. But even that isn't SO bad.

"The pleasure was yours"

MaskedTerror # 2

looks like the story is fairly fucking far from being over.
REPORT: VIKINGS INTERESTED IN CUTLER
Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2009, 1:46 p.m.
With Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler officially declaring that coach Josh McDaniels is no longer his ג€œBFF,ג€ the question becomes whether the Broncos will resume efforts to trade the disgruntled three-year pass-thrower.

Buried in an item from Mike Klis of the Denver Post is a disclosure that the Lions and the Vikings are interested in Cutler. (Presumably, the Buccaneers are still willing to talk turkey, too.)

The Lions already had been disclosed as a potentially interested team, but the Vikings are the eyebrow-raiser.

Though the Vikings already have traded for, and extended the contract of, quarterback Sage Rosenfels, a Cutler-Sage depth chart would look a lot better to Minnesota fans that the forgettable Tarvaris-Frerotte pairing of 2008 ג€” not to mention the nightmarish Jackson-Holcomb-Bollinger revolving door from the prior season.

The question is whether the Vikes would pull the trigger, and what it would take to get Cutler from Denver. After sending a first-round pick and two third-round picks to Kansas City for defensive end Jared Allen last year, trading away another first-round pick would undermine the teamג€™s ability to continue its effort to develop a nucleus of solid young players.

Then again, a quarterback can play for a long time, and franchise quarterbacks like Cutler rarely are available.

Meanwhile, Rosenfelsג€™ three-year, $9 million deal doesnג€™t scream out ג€œstarter money,ג€ which would give the Vikings the ability to pay Cutler.

And since heג€™s under contract for at least two more years (weג€™re assuming that 2011 is voidable), the Vikes would have time to get a long-term deal done, and in the interim would absorb manageable base salaries of $1.03 million and $1.42 million. (That said, there could be bonuses and escalators that drive up those numbers considerably.)

The question is whether the Vikings think they need both a franchise quarterback and a franchise running back. Based on the acquisition of Rosenfels, the answer apparently is, ג€œNo.ג€ But with the career of coach Brad Childress hinging on what the team does in 2009, it makes sense to at least explore what it would take to pry Cutler away from the Broncos, especially at a time when Cutler is clamoring to get out.

While Rosenfels could take the Vikings to places they havenג€™t been in a long, long time, the chances of Cutler getting it done are considerably greater.

"The pleasure was yours"

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

I hope his cry-baby ass is gone by draft day...I'll take a year to get the QB situation straight, than deal with his vagina being hurt.

As a HUGE Broncos Fan - Bring on any other QB!

still illiterate

Orale Holmes wrote:I hope his cry-baby ass is gone by draft day...I'll take a year to get the QB situation straight, than deal with his vagina being hurt.

i'm really surprised to hear a bronco fan say that. Cutler seems to have all the physical tools to be a a very good QB. You don't cut ties with a player like that.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

Orale Holmes wrote:I hope his cry-baby ass is gone by draft day...I'll take a year to get the QB situation straight, than deal with his vagina being hurt.

As a HUGE Broncos Fan - Bring back Brian Griese

an-also

Post by an-also »

If the broncis send Cutler to the queens Cutler, i might have to bomb the broncos stadium Poppabitch style

hustler

Post by hustler »

still illiterate wrote:

i'm really surprised to hear a bronco fan say that. Cutler seems to have all the physical tools to be a a very good QB. You don't cut ties with a player like that.
my uncle has been a die hard broncos fan since before i was even born and he also wants cutlers whiny bitchass gone. says he doesnt have the heart and complains rather than just going out there and getting the job done.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex