NFL Conference Championship Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

an-also

NFL Conference Championship Thread

Post by an-also »

LETS GO SAINTS!!!

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

147 hours to kickoff.

elohim

Post by elohim »

I'm glad the Jets get a chance to play the Colts again after all the shit talk about how they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs because of them. Anyone care to defend that position now?

Dream scenario would be Jets/Favreings in the Super Bowl, but fully expect the opposite.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: NFL Conference Championship Thread

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:LETS GO SAINTS!!!

what the hell is this? is this how we start threads now? bias, faggy ass haterism?

out of all the story lines, intriguing matchups, why does it always have to be about your gay ass insecurity?

it must suck to have to watch this, but lets not try to post like a bunch of homer faggotts

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Favre in a GB jersey is bad pic usage coupled with You Mad.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I like Indianapolis and Minnesota to meet in the Super Bowl. I think Minnesota will win it all. I'm just sayin though.

an-also

Post by an-also »

keL wrote:
an-also wrote:LETS GO SAINTS!!!

what the hell is this? is this how we start threads now? bias, faggy ass haterism?

out of all the story lines, intriguing matchups, why does it always have to be about your gay ass insecurity?
If you cant find hilarity in that picture, I dont know what to tell you.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote: If you cant find hilarity in that picture, I dont know what to tell you.
well, 8 weeks ago it was bizarre and borderline creepy. considering how the outcome of that game turned out, i was hoping we could go on with our lives. I dont see the correlation to the NFC championship game.

if you want the saints to win just to spite brett spiting the packers, god bless you. it just seems weird that you can hate the greatest green bay packer player in the history of green and gold.

an-also

Post by an-also »

keL wrote:
an-also wrote: If you cant find hilarity in that picture, I dont know what to tell you.
well, 8 weeks ago it was bizarre and borderline creepy. considering how the outcome of that game turned out, i was hoping we could go on with our lives. I dont see the correlation to the NFC championship game.

if you want the saints to win just to spite brett spiting the packers, god bless you. it just seems weird that you can hate the greatest green bay packer player in the history of green and gold.
Actually I just want to see a good game really. I dont know any people personally who are Favre jockers so even if the vikings win the superbowl, it wont have any affect on me personally. I'm cool with how everything played out. We got out future qb. Most of the shit i say on phila is to get a rise out of you. :pause:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i actually want to see the saints win the super bowl
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

an-also

Post by an-also »

an-also wrote: Actually I just want to see a good game really. I dont know any people personally who are Favre jockers so even if the vikings win the superbowl, it wont have any affect on me personally.
LULz. as i wrote this, i get a text from a buddy that reads "Cant wait for Favre to win the superbowl in a few weeks..."

FML

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:lol:

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

cooley is learning from portis

<object width="400" height="230"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id= ... llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="230"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/5787861">Fantasy Files</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1013779">Tanner Cooley</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

rooski

Post by rooski »

I guess I'm for the Jets.

Sorry, Pesci.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Indy is going to take care of the Jets the way they took care of Baltimore. The blueprint has been written and Manning will execute. If Indy can get up by 10 or more into the second half and force Sanchez to throw it's over. Look for a shitload of short passes in lieu of a serious running game from the Colts. I've picked against the Jets the whole way, but they're aren't going to beat the best qb in the game right now.

Minny/New Orleans might be the most anticipated game of the year. Killer offenses and ok/solid defenses. Minny has the better defense and running game so I'm going with them.

Indy/Minny Super Bowl.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

I'm rollin' with the Jets. I love me an underdog.

I also want to see Brees get his ass handed to him by Allen and the Williams duo. Fuck the Saints.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:spidey:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Chan Gailey...really bills? :lol:

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

jamrage wrote:Indy is going to take care of the Jets the way they took care of Baltimore. The blueprint has been written and Manning will execute. If Indy can get up by 10 or more into the second half and force Sanchez to throw it's over. Look for a shitload of short passes in lieu of a serious running game from the Colts. I've picked against the Jets the whole way, but they're aren't going to beat the best qb in the game right now.
No doubt Indy are the favorites but keep this in mind. With Rice getting the majority of the workload this year their offense became more predicated on speed and a lot of screen passes, which plays into the strengths of the Colts speedy defense. The Jets offense is based a lot more on a power running game and keeping it close until the defense wears down. The Ravens have a nice o-line, but you could debate the Jets o-line is the best in football with 3 pro bowlers (Brick, Faneca, Mangold) on the left side and 2 very nice players on the other (Moore, Woody).

Not to mention that Baltimore killed themselves twice by messing up what could've been costly turnovers for Indy (if Ed Reed doesn't fumble and either runs it back or puts them in position to make it a 1 possession difference there it would've been a whole new game).

The 1 player on the Colts that really worries me is Dallas Clark because of his versatility. Gonna need to game plan for him the same way they did for Gates. Meaning let him get his catches but don't let him get any big chunks of yardage (aside from that ridiculous catch Gates made 1 handed :ohsh: )

If it's a 1 possession game in the 4th quarter, the Jets are winning this game.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

an-also wrote:Chan Gailey...really bills? :lol:
With the Pats and young, talented teams like the Jets and Dolphins in the same division, expect the Bills to remain an irrelevant laughingstock for a while lol.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Beastly Swagger wrote:Chargers 31 Jets 17,,,Chargers are firing on all cylinders.

Ravens 24 Colts 21,,,Ray Lewis is in a zone and got his team jacked up and the Colts will once again be outta sync due to coasting end of the season.

Cowboys 31 Vikings 28,,,Were the Cowboys playing possum earlier in the season ? Was T.O. really that much of a cancer to them dunno but I do know them niggas are playing light's out football. But Favre owned the Cowboys @ home with the Pack but was winless on the road so it's kind of hard to go againest that. But I think the Cowboys are peaking right on time.

Saints 38 Cards 31,,,Brees will slice n eat that swiss cheese D fasho !

Right now a Chargers-Cowboys SB looks krillz.
Any predictions this week Beastly Swagger?..

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Joe Pesci wrote:
jamrage wrote:Indy is going to take care of the Jets the way they took care of Baltimore. The blueprint has been written and Manning will execute. If Indy can get up by 10 or more into the second half and force Sanchez to throw it's over. Look for a shitload of short passes in lieu of a serious running game from the Colts. I've picked against the Jets the whole way, but they're aren't going to beat the best qb in the game right now.
No doubt Indy are the favorites but keep this in mind. With Rice getting the majority of the workload this year their offense became more predicated on speed and a lot of screen passes, which plays into the strengths of the Colts speedy defense. The Jets offense is based a lot more on a power running game and keeping it close until the defense wears down. The Ravens have a nice o-line, but you could debate the Jets o-line is the best in football with 3 pro bowlers (Brick, Faneca, Mangold) on the left side and 2 very nice players on the other (Moore, Woody).

Not to mention that Baltimore killed themselves twice by messing up what could've been costly turnovers for Indy (if Ed Reed doesn't fumble and either runs it back or puts them in position to make it a 1 possession difference there it would've been a whole new game).

The 1 player on the Colts that really worries me is Dallas Clark because of his versatility. Gonna need to game plan for him the same way they did for Gates. Meaning let him get his catches but don't let him get any big chunks of yardage (aside from that ridiculous catch Gates made 1 handed :ohsh: )

If it's a 1 possession game in the 4th quarter, the Jets are winning this game.
If it's a one possession game I'll go with Manning, but I know why you would say that. The game against Baltimore was never that close. Even if Reed was able to retain one of those turnovers and actually somehow gotten it to a one possession game the the Baltimore offense was so inept I wouldn't have been concerned.

The Jets and Ravens offenses are pretty closely related. Yeah, you can say the Ravens were more based on speed, but it's still a running game. If the Jets are still able to run in the fourth the Colts are probably in a lot of trouble. If not, the Colts have those nasty DEs too which means the Jets better not have to pass like.....ever.

The Ravens and Jets defenses are also pretty similar which is why I like Manning to really pick them apart this week. Clark is a problem for every team, so you're right to be concerned. The Chargers problem was that they were running just about every time on first down, getting nowhere, and were ending up with a number of 3rd and longs. I don't see Indy making the same mistake. They'll run a number of quick slants, screens etc. on first down to avoid the third and longs.

The clock strikes midnight for your boys this week. They've had a nice run, but enough is enough. They've shown what you can do if you have a brolic defense and running game, but they've got absolutely zero come from behind potential. The Jets either lose by two or more scores or win a squeaker. I think the first option is more likely.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

:fail:

Ralph Wilson may need to be put down.

Also, losing Schneider is a blow to the Pack.

Kind of shitty front office day for me.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

blastmaster wrote:losing Schneider is a blow to the Pack.
I LOVE schneider

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

keL wrote:
I LOVE schneider
I'm happy for him. Get paid. Good luck with Pete...

It'll be interesting to see how Ted operates without him. This offseason is pretty important.

alpha

Post by alpha »

blastmaster wrote:
:fail:

Ralph Wilson may need to be put down.

Also, losing Schneider is a blow to the Pack.

Kind of shitty front office day for me.
it's getting close bills almost =raiders

im fine either way with whoever wins no/min and if the jets somehow upset the colts I will def spend sb sunday getting more wasted than I planned. here's to getting shitfaced puke drunk if the jets make the sb. ideally colts/saints is the most entertaining sb scenario due the number of tds that will be scored.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

blastmaster wrote:

It'll be interesting to see how Ted operates without him. This offseason is pretty important.
pete is a fag.

he'll go 6-10, 8-8 and then run his ass back to college

an-also

Post by an-also »

vikes saints game is going to be great

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote:
keL wrote:
I LOVE schneider

good for him, sucks for us

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:vikes saints game is going to be great

favre is about to rock the mic on the network

pants on teh ground 4 life

:wutang: