Top 10 players in the NBA right now

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Money Gripp

Top 10 players in the NBA right now

Post by Money Gripp »

Rank 'em, in order. LET'S GO:

1. LeBron - Not up for debate.
2. Kobe - This is probably the highest he'll be ranked from this point on.
3. 'Melo - Yup! He's reached another level. He's unguardable and a great defensive player to boot. This playoffs is his coming-out party.
4. CP3 - He needs to get traded to a better team. The Hornets are fucked for the foreseeable future.
5. Dwight Howard - Ranked here mostly based on sheer athletic ability. I don't really think he's going to get much better than what he's showed thus far.
6. D-Wade - I would switch him and Dwight Howard but I just worry about his health. That he made it through this season without getting injured is damn-near a miracle.
7. Brandon Roy - He's already put himself in the category of "Top 5 Clutch Players in the NBA", but he can't do it alone goddamn it.
8. Tim Duncan - Still great but on the downside of his career.
9. Kevin Durant - He will be in the Top 5 next season.
10. Deron Williams - Picking #10 was tough but in a PG-dominated league, he's only exceeded by Paul.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

1. KG
2. Paul Pierce
3. Ray Allen
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Kendrick Perkins
6. Big Baby
7. Leon Powe
8. Eddie House
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Brian Scalabrine

Pretty easy.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Positive A wrote:1. KG
2. Paul Pierce
3. Ray Allen
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Kendrick Perkins
6. Big Baby
7. Leon Powe
8. Eddie House
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Brian Scalabrine

Pretty easy.
Can't believe you put Steph ahead of the gawd, Scal.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Hayzoos wrote:1. Derrick Rose
2. Derrick Rose
3. Derrick Rose
4. Derrick Rose
5. Derrick Rose
6. Derrick Rose
7. Derrick Rose
8. Derrick Rose
9. Derrick Rose
10.Derrick Rose
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

an-also

Re: Top 10 players in the NBA right now

Post by an-also »

Money Gripp wrote:Rank 'em, in order. LET'S GO:

3. 'Melo - Yup! He's reached another level. He's unguardable and a great defensive player to boot. This playoffs is his coming-out party.
4. CP3 - He needs to get traded to a better team. The Hornets are fucked for the foreseeable future.
5. Dwight Howard - Ranked here mostly based on sheer athletic ability. I don't really think he's going to get much better than what he's showed thus far.
6. D-Wade - I would switch him and Dwight Howard but I just worry about his health. That he made it through this season without getting injured is damn-near a miracle.
7. Brandon Roy - He's already put himself in the category of "Top 5 Clutch Players in the NBA", but he can't do it alone goddamn it.
10. Deron Williams - Picking #10 was tough but in a PG-dominated league, he's only exceeded by Paul.
Wade is better than Melo

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

an-also wrote:

Wade is better than Melo
'Melo: Better rebounder, more efficient scorer, has become an excellent defender, more durable. On top of that, he's much bigger and stronger, which makes him a lot tougher for a defense to stop. I would also argue he's a better shooter.

I give Wade the nod in leadership, passing, ball-handling, and obviously, quickness. But that's about it.
Last edited by Money Gripp on Sat May 23, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

without putting too much thought into it

Lebron
CP3
Wade
Kobe
Howard
Duncan
Melo
Roy
KG

not sure on #10

an-also

Post by an-also »

Money Gripp wrote:
an-also wrote:

Wade is better than Melo
'Melo: Better rebounder, more efficient scorer, has become an excellent defender, more durable. On top of that, he's much bigger and stronger, which makes him a lot tougher for a defense to stop. I would also argue he's a better shooter.

I give Wade the nod in leadership, passing, ball-handling, and obviously, quickness. But that's about it.
Wade is a better defender. I would give the scoring nod to wade as well.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

1. Lebron
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Kobe
4. CP3
5. Tim Duncan
6. Dwight Howard
7. Melo
8. Kevin Durant
9. Deron Williams
10. Brandon Roy

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

1. KOBE BRYANT
2. LEBRON JAMES
3. DWYANE WADE
4. CARMELO ANTHONY
5. CHRIS PAUL
6. DIRK NOWITZKI
7. DWIGHT HOWARD
8. TONY PARKER
9. AMARE STOUDAMIRE
10. TIM DUNCAN

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Big Breeze wrote:1. KOBE BRYANT
2. LEBRON JAMES
:larry:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The playoffs worked both for and against some of these guys as much as some of you want to admit it. Lebron is clearly #1 because he is with little support and still manages to lead his team.

Wade was amazing this year but because the Heat suck, out of sight out of mind. He is with ease the #3, maybe #2 in some minds. No way should appear below that on anyones list. You just don't know shit about bball.

The reason CP3 is below D12 is because of his inability to show up in the post season. He's slowly becoming the A-Rod of the NBA.

Melo jumped up otherwise he'd be at the bottom but I think this was his break-out series like Wade had in the '06 finals. Both Roy and Durant could crack top 6 by next year they are that good. If Rose continues to play well he might even get #10 next year.

1. Lebron
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Dwight Howard
5. CP3
6. Melo
7. Tim Duncan
8. Kevin Durant
9. Brandon Roy
10. Deron Williams

an-also

Post by an-also »

Philaflava wrote: The reason CP3 is below D12 is because of his inability to show up in the post season. He's slowly becoming the A-Rod of the NBA.
:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: Did you watch last years playoffs???????

an-also

Post by an-also »

eternalreflection wrote:without putting too much thought into it

Lebron
CP3
Wade
Kobe
Howard
Duncan
Melo
Roy
KG

not sure on #10
:lol: had to get your boy toy on that list somehow eh

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

an-also wrote:
Philaflava wrote: The reason CP3 is below D12 is because of his inability to show up in the post season. He's slowly becoming the A-Rod of the NBA.
:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: Did you watch last years playoffs???????
seriously.

he abused Kidd/Terry and Parker last year.

how quickly do jews forget. A player will have one bad playoff series and out of nowhere they are A-rod.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Surprised no one has mentioned yao yet

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

huge fan of yao but it's hard to put someone in teh top 10 when they miss 10-30 games a year and sometimes the playoffs.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:huge fan of yao but it's hard to put someone in teh top 10 when they miss 10-30 games a year and sometimes the playoffs.
Yeah. If he didn't get hurt this playoffs, he'd crack my Top 10.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Moolah wrote:
2. LEBRON JAMES
:larry:
:roll:

It's so close between those two for me. So close that I think that the torch could be passed this season, but I still think Kobe has the slightest of edges.

1)Kobe
2)Lebron
3)Wade
4)Paul
5)Roy
6)Melo
7)Durant
8)Howard
9)Williams
10)Duncan
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

2. LEBRON JAMES
3. DWYANE WADE
4. CARMELO ANTHONY
5. CHRIS PAUL
6. DIRK NOWITZKI
7. DWIGHT HOWARD
8. TONY PARKER
9. AMARE STOUDAMIRE
10. TIM DUNCAN
And LOL @ having Amare on there. When Amare starts playing defense and consistently rebounding, we can think about putting him on a Top Ten.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

OKAY HOMIE, LETS LAUGH AT YO LIST. I LIKE BRANDON ROY A LOT, BUT HE IS NOT A TOP 10 PLAYER, YET. NOBODY BUT MYSELF HAS DIRK ON THEIR LISTS. ROY IS NOT BETTA THAN DIRK. HE NEEDS TO MAKE THE ALL-STAR TEAM SEVERAL MORE TIMES AND WIN AN MVP AWARD TO EVEN BE IN THE SAME BREATH (THE LATTER WILL NEVA HAPPEN). IF U WANNA GIVE PROPS ON PLAYERS PERFOMIN WELL IN THE PLAYOFFS, DIRK WAS THE MAN IN THE DALLAS/DENVER SERIES. WE ALREADY KNOW THAT DALLAS GOT ROBBED IN THAT GAME WHEN ANTOINE WRIGHT DIDN'T COMMIT A HARD ENOUGH FOUL, OR THAT SERIES WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH CLOSER. DIRK WAS ON FIRE IN THAT SERIES. NOBODY ON DENVER COULD HOLD HIM. TOO BAD HIS TEAM WASN'T UP FO THE TASK THOUGH.

HAVING WADE AT #6 IS A CATASTROPHE. DUDE SHOULD PUNCH U IN THE MOUTH FO TALKIN WRECKLESS.

KEVIN DURANT IS A TOP 20 TALENT, NOT A TOP 10 TALENT.

I HAVE DERON WILLIAMS RANKED RIGHT OUTSIDE MY TOP 10 ALSO, BUT HE'S ABOVE KEVIN DURANT.

SAY WHAT U WANT ABOUT AMARE. HE'S 20-10 MOST NIGHTS AND IF HE DOESN'T GET SCRATCHED IN THE EYE, PHOENIX WOULD HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS OVA UTAH AT THE 8 SPOT IN THE WEST. AFTER THEY FIRED TERRY PORTER, AMARE WAS KILLIN SHIT. THEY LOST HIM SOON AFTER THE COACHIN CHANGE AND PHOENIX WASN'T THE SAME SQUAD.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, I HAVE KOBE SLIGHTLY ABOVE LEBRON BECAUSE OF THE SIMPLE FACT OF GAME ON THE LINE IMPLICATIONS. I WANT #24 SHOOTIN THE ROCK IN THE CLOSING SECONDS. UP UNTIL THIS YEAR, LEBRON HAD NEVA HIT A GAME WINNIN SHOT. GOLDEN STATE EARLIER IN THE YEAR AND ORLANDO THE OTHA NIGHT R IT. NEXT YEAR LEBRON WILL MOST LIKELY ASCEND TO THE CROWN OF BEST NBA PLAYER.
Last edited by Big Breeze on Sun May 24, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Big Breeze wrote: UP UNTIL THIS YEAR, LEBRON HAD NEVA HIT A GAME WINNIN SHOT.
you keep sonning yourself on this point right here.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Gregg Popabitch wrote: you keep sonning yourself on this point right here.
HOW DO U FIGURE NIGGA? DO THE RESEARCH. LEBRON JAMES HAD NEVA HIT A GAME WINNIN SHOT UNTIL THE 2008-2009 SEASON. HE'S NOT A GREAT FREE THROW SHOOTER. HE'S TOO UNSELFISH DURIN THE CLOSIN MINUTES OF A GAME. I'LL GIVE HIM CREDIT ON IMPROVIN HIS JUMP SHOT, BECAUSE I USED TO THINK THAT WAS THE BIGGEST WEAKNESS IN HIS GAME. WITH HIM MAKIN THE SHOT AGAINST ORLANDO THE OTHA NIGHT, IT JUST GAVE THE NBA AND NIKE BRASS MORE REASON TO SLOB ON HIS KNOB.

I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT NUMBERS, BUT BY KOBE'S 6TH SEASON, HE PROBABLY HIT SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 5-10 GAME WINNERS. PERHAPS ONE OF U GEEKS CAN CLARIFY IT.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Big Breeze wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote: you keep sonning yourself on this point right here.
HOW DO U FIGURE NIGGA? DO THE RESEARCH. LEBRON JAMES HAD NEVA HIT A GAME WINNIN SHOT UNTIL THE 2008-2009 SEASON. HE'S NOT A GREAT FREE THROW SHOOTER. HE'S TOO UNSELFISH DURIN THE CLOSIN MINUTES OF A GAME. I'LL GIVE HIM CREDIT ON IMPROVIN HIS JUMP SHOT, BECAUSE I USED TO THINK THAT WAS THE BIGGEST WEAKNESS IN HIS GAME. WITH HIM MAKIN THE SHOT AGAINST ORLANDO THE OTHA NIGHT, IT JUST GAVE THE NBA AND NIKE BRASS MORE REASON TO SLOB ON HIS KNOB.

I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT NUMBERS, BUT BY KOBE'S 6TH SEASON, HE PROBABLY HIT SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 5-10 GAME WINNERS. PERHAPS ONE OF U GEEKS CAN CLARIFY IT.
WRONG. LEBRON HIT GAME WINNERS BEFORE THIS SEASON. YOU'RE BUGGIN.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

^ NO SON, U R WRONG. NO BUZZER BEATERS IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS OF A GAME. KNOW THE LEDGE. I PITY THE FOOL.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Big Breeze wrote:^ NO SON, U R WRONG. NO BUZZER BEATERS IN THE LAST FEW SECONDS OF A GAME. KNOW THE LEDGE. I PITY THE FOOL.
GAME WINNERS ARE NOT JUST BUZZER BEATERS. YOU KNOW THAT, RIGHT?

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

SO THAT'S WHY IN MY LAST POST, I CLARIFIED IT TO BUZZER BEATERS SO THEREFORE, UP UNTIL THIS YEAR, LEBRON HAD NEVA HIT A BUZZER BEATER. DOES THAT MAKE U FEEL BETTA LITTLE BUDDY?

an-also

Post by an-also »

So with that retarded logic, Carmelo has had teh most buzzer beater game winners the last few years so does that make him the best player in the league?

oh wait i have another one..
Robert Horry >>>>>>> MJ

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Big Breeze wrote:SO THAT'S WHY IN MY LAST POST, I CLARIFIED IT TO BUZZER BEATERS SO THEREFORE, UP UNTIL THIS YEAR, LEBRON HAD NEVA HIT A BUZZER BEATER. DOES THAT MAKE U FEEL BETTA LITTLE BUDDY?
WITH SO MUCH DRAMA IN THE LBC, WHY YOU HATIN' ON LEBRON?

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

an-also wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:without putting too much thought into it

Lebron
CP3
Wade
Kobe
Howard
Duncan
Melo
Roy
KG

not sure on #10
:lol: had to get your boy toy on that list somehow eh
maybe a couple spots too high, but he's still really good, especially his effect on the defensive side of things

you have players like Durant which are more valuable commodities due to age, but Durant is pretty damn bad defensively so I don't think I'd want him over KG till KG declines more(or the knee injury is worse than advertised) or Durant starts playing D