Doc Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Doc Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball

Post by Philaflava »

I'll tell you why.

For one he pitches in the AL. Two he doesn't do some 6 IP pussy shit like most of your favorites. He has filthy filthy stuff. He is a complete game monster and because IMO he is better than Johan, Greinke, Timmy or whoever else you can think of right now.

Discuss.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Dude is a horse. I pray to god he has a chance to pitch in the playoffs in his career because it would be a shame if he didnt.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I think you are a bit too reactionary a lot of times. (sort of like your proclamation thread that Grady Sizemore is the second best player for his age in baseball)

Best pitcher discussion begins and ends with Santana, who has only had one ERA over 3 in the last six years and has dominated both leagues (also currently has a 1.77 era). Johan also has a significantly better strikeout ratio as well (last year was the first year Doc had anywhere near a 1:1 strikeout/inning ratio).

Halladay is definitely in a battle for the number 2 spot with Sabathia & Lincecum, and maybe Webb. Grienke is having an unbelieveable year no doubt, but I need to see him dominate two years in a row before he is officially in the same league as the other guys.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Halladay is the fucking man
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

I thought it was pretty obvious.

Whenever he starts against the Yankees you can pencil him in for 8 shutout innings and no more than 3 hits allowed.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Tommy Bunz wrote:I think you are a bit too reactionary a lot of times. (sort of like your proclamation thread that Grady Sizemore is the second best player for his age in baseball)

Best pitcher discussion begins and ends with Santana, who has only had one ERA over 3 in the last six years and has dominated both leagues (also currently has a 1.77 era). Johan also has a significantly better strikeout ratio as well (last year was the first year Doc had anywhere near a 1:1 strikeout/inning ratio).

Halladay is definitely in a battle for the number 2 spot with Sabathia & Lincecum, and maybe Webb. Grienke is having an unbelieveable year no doubt, but I need to see him dominate two years in a row before he is officially in the same league as the other guys.
I'd take Halladay and Sabathia over Santana anyday.

Santana has the most impressive ERA, but there's one thing those 2 do that he doesn't.

Both of them routinely throw 120 pitches or finish games without a problem. That's the difference between them and Santana.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Since when have people called him "Doc" ??

There is only 1 Doc in baseball and he was as black as midnight and high as a kite.

I highly doubt Roy Halladay finds himself on the cover of TIME magazine.

:gooden: > :ohcanada:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

He's always been called DOC

And he's waaaaaaay better than Gooden.

Dwight Strawberry

Doc Hallady...like he is staring in a Clint Eastwood movie...oh! I get it now.

If Halladay can win a WS and 20 games in a season while strung out on coke and greenies, then it's cool.

Until then, reference the cover of TIME magazine from April 7, 1986. That's baseballs "Doc."

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Magneto wrote:He's always been called DOC

If you really believe that, you're a goddamn moron.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

Joe Pesci wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:I think you are a bit too reactionary a lot of times. (sort of like your proclamation thread that Grady Sizemore is the second best player for his age in baseball)

I'd take Halladay and Sabathia over Santana anyday.

Santana has the most impressive ERA, but there's one thing those 2 do that he doesn't.

Both of them routinely throw 120 pitches or finish games without a problem. That's the difference between them and Santana.
you don't want pitchers throwing 120pitches/game

Santana has pitched

innings since becoming a fulltime starter, Sabathia has 6 out of 8 seasons with less than 219

Halladay missed a lot of 2seasons and doesn't pitch that many more innings when healthy

since 04 Santana is clearly the best pitcher of the 3

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Money Gripp wrote:

How the fuck is Halladay not better than Doc Gooden, by a wide margin? The fuck outta here nigga. Gooden isn't even close to Halladay. You're a goddamn moron if YOU think Dwight Gooden is better than fucking Roy Halladay.

Stick to shit you know...oh wait...you don't know shit. Fuck outta here, dickhead.

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

eternalreflection wrote:you don't want pitchers throwing 120pitches/game

Santana has pitched

innings since becoming a fulltime starter, Sabathia has 6 out of 8 seasons with less than 219
good point but the bullpen is the weakest link on the yankees right now, so it's easy to be miopic.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Tommy Bunz wrote:I think you are a bit too reactionary a lot of times.
hyperbole. they make good threads don't they?

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:

How the fuck is Halladay not better than Doc Gooden, by a wide margin? The fuck outta here nigga. Gooden isn't even close to Halladay. You're a goddamn moron if YOU think Dwight Gooden is better than fucking Roy Halladay.

Stick to shit you know...oh wait...you don't know shit. Fuck outta here, dickhead.
Dude, you're a fucking dry-wall installer, pretend-to-be-black-on-the-internet Dominican who was lucky to make it through high school. You think that Joe Budden's a better MC than Rakim. Your knowledge is confined to hood rappers, baseball, and comic books. You're a true thug, dunny.

When Halladay has a 1.53 ERA and 24-4 record in a single season, let me know, you third-rate Bill James faggot motherfucker.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto, Halladay has never had a season like :gooden: '85 and he never will.

Matter of fact from 84-86 there wasn't a better pitcher in baseball than Dwight.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Philaflava wrote:Magneto, Halladay has never had a season like :gooden: '85 and he never will.

Matter of fact from 84-86 there wasn't a better pitcher in baseball than Dwight.
Thank you, Gloss.

Go upload another Joe Budden mixtape, Mag.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I'm obviously biased but Doc halladay is the best pitcher in baseball for my money

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Money Gripp wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:

Dude, you're a fucking dry-wall installer, pretend-to-be-black-on-the-internet Dominican who was lucky to make it through high school. You think that Joe Budden's a better MC than Rakim. Your knowledge is confined to hood rappers, baseball, and comic books. You're a true thug, dunny.

When Halladay has a 1.53 ERA and 24-4 record in a single season, let me know, you third-rate Bill James faggot motherfucker.
Blah, blah, blah. I've already told you, we can meet up whenever and you'll find out how black I am, that is before one of my dudes slaps the fuck outta your cornball ass. You're a faggot through and through, from the dweeb ass nigga you got in your signature, to your entire cornball ass persona. I used to rob niggas like you for their walkmans back in Erasmus.
You're a school boy. Square ass nigga.

I could give a fuck about ONE season, look at their careers you GED drop out ass nigga. The fuck does Gooden having one season better than Halladay have to do with anything, you dork? You faggot?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:Magneto, Halladay has never had a season like :gooden: '85 and he never will.

No he hasn't, but Gooden hasn't had a career anywhere close to Halladay's. At all. One individual year doesn't make you a better player. If that was the case, then Brady Anderson would be better than Rickey Henderson and shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto wrote:

No he hasn't, but Gooden hasn't had a career anywhere close to Halladay's. At all. One individual year doesn't make you a better player. If that was the case, then Brady Anderson would be better than Rickey Henderson and shit.
I agree about the career year vs. career. But no need to bring Rickey into this. Please, show some compassion.

Halladay has had a better career, but not but much. When it's all said and done it'll be no contest. That said, he will never have a year like Gooden had in '85 and I think Dwight was more talented. He just was a waste of talent with a 10 cent head.

Rickey's 90 season > Brady's roided up 50 HR.
Last edited by Philaflava on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dwight Strawberry

Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:

Blah, blah, blah. I've already told you, we can meet up whenever and you'll find out how black I am, that is before one of my dudes slaps the fuck outta your cornball ass. You're a faggot through and through, from the dweeb ass nigga you got in your signature, to your entire cornball ass persona. I used to rob niggas like you for their walkmans back in Erasmus.

I could give a fuck about ONE season, look at their careers you GED drop out ass nigga. The fuck does Gooden having one season better than Halladay have to do with anything, you dork? You faggot?

Thread is on it's way to a bench clearing brawl

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:

I agree about the career year vs. career. But no need to bring Rickey into this. Please, show some compassion.

Halladay has had a better career, but not but much. When it's all said and done it'll be no contest. That said, he will never have a year like Gooden had in '85 and I think Dwight was more talented. He just was a waste of talent with a 10 cent head.

Halladay career adjusted ERA 131
Gooden's career adjusted ERA 111

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i kinda wish that dwight gooden never did drugs.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Money Gripp wrote: If you really believe that, you're a goddamn moron.

Thread is on it's way to a bench clearing brawl

No it's not, fuck that nigga. I don't even have a problem with Money Gripp, but he's been coming at me sideways for the last 2 weeks or so, and I've peeped game. Nigga is a clown. I'm bout everything I say I am, so any time anybody gets the nuts to wanna see me offline to see if I am what I say I am, they can come hollar. Address, phone number, whatever. I want someone to act dumb, so the goons can come out. Real talk.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:

I just told you I agreed with you on the career thing. Just saying Dwight was more talented and had the better career year. You could argue he faced better hitters as well.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I'm pretty sure Money is baiting you to spice things up around here.

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

If I had to set a rotation and could only have one true ace, Halladay would be my guy. Although for consistency over the last few years, it's hard to argue against Johan.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
Magneto wrote:

I just told you I agreed with you on the career thing. Just saying Dwight was more talented and had the better career year. You could argue he faced better hitters as well.
I don't think he faced better hitters, and yeah I can see the more talented thing, but it's not significant. Halladay has tremendous stuff too. Gooden's stuff obviously was another level then most pitchers, with only a fastball/curve repertoire.

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

Philaflava wrote:I'm pretty sure Money is baiting you to spice things up around here.
perhaps this will mark the onset of the gilded age?