Joe Buck Live airs tonight/Joe gets body'd by Artie Lange

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Joe Buck Live airs tonight/Joe gets body'd by Artie Lange

Post by Philaflava »

Since Costas bounced from HBO to go to MLB his show is no longer. Joey Buck takes over and it airs tonight. It's getting some good reviews too.
On February 5, 2009, Buck signed with HBO to host a sports-based talk show for the network beginning in May 2009. The show is planned to air four times a year and have a format similar to that of Costas Now, the monthly program previously hosted by Bob Costas. (Costas had left HBO a day earlier to join MLB Network.) Buck will continue his play-by-play duties for FOX.[4]
Last edited by Philaflava on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Bret Favre is going to be the guest

Anyone know where I can watch this online?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Interviews, panelists and a live studio audience all come together for special night of sports, commentary and a few surprises.

Join Brett Favre, Michael Irvin, Chad Ochocinco, David Wright, Paul Rudd, Artie Lange and Jason Sudeikis for a night of sports, comedy and talk on our new live show.

Tonight at 9:00 PM ET/PT, only on HBO.com

Epitome

Post by Epitome »

This can only be better than it's predecessor. It seemed like every episode of "Costas Now" consisted of Charles Barkley & John Mcenroe sitting around looking bored while Bob Costas bitched about steroids in baseball for 10 minutes.

"I love california. the other day some bum was like "gimme a dollar, I SAID GIMME A DOLLA!!!!!" and I told him to sit down and shut the fuck up. and he did. cause real talk I will knock a bum the fuck out." --BeHemoth

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Anything involving Joe Buck is automatically worse for it.

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

so far i'm going with awful

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

WOW Artie was his typical obnoxious self. He just completely bodied Buck on his own show and didn't let him host one bit.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Good on Artie for dominating his antithesis.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/sport ... television

Comedian Steals Spotlight on Buckג€™s Show

Article Tools Sponsored By
By RICHARD SANDOMIR
Published: June 16, 2009

Artie Lange hijacked Joe Buckג€™s new HBO show from Brett Favre on Monday night. Thatג€™s not the way the premiere of ג€œJoe Buck Live,ג€ the successor to ג€œCostas Live,ג€ was supposed to go. Lange, a comedian on Howard Sternג€™s Sirius satellite radio show, stealing the spotlight from Favre, the quarterback who keeps coming back?

Favre had been booked months before he put himself back on the road to another unretirement, and was a great get. Favre and Buck texted each other Monday until Buck was certain Favre was on the plane to New York.

And he delivered bits of news: that Dr. James Andrews performed his shoulder surgery two and a half weeks ago; that heג€™d talked to the Minnesota Vikings about returning because they run an offense heג€™s so familiar with that he could teach it; that heג€™d met with the Vikingsג€™ trainer to discuss rehabilitation exercises and that he had declined Minnesota Coach Brad Childressג€™s request to attend OTAג€™s because he canג€™t guarantee that the surgery will succeed in bringing his arm back to its pre-Jets strength.

The bookend to the show was a panel show featuring Lange, the actor Paul Rudd, and Jason Sudeikis of ג€œSaturday Night Live.ג€ The latter two need not have shown up for this as was Lange staging a hostile takeover. His scatological, homophobic, insult act was delivered with a sort of blithe and gleeful explosiveness that threw Buck a bit. This 10-minute trap on the stage at the Equitable Centerג€™s auditorium in Midtown Manhattan was unlike any live TV Buck had ever practiced with Tim McCarver or Troy Aikman.

As Lange was popping off, Buck said, ג€œI was thinking, ג€˜How much longer do we have in the segment?ג€™ I thought that spending time on a treadmill felt long, but that was eight or nine minutes turned into an eternity. But itג€™s cable. You can get away with it.ג€

When Lange left the stage after the segment (which continued for 10 more agonizing minutes on the Internet at hbo.com), Buck said that Lange told him, ג€œ ג€˜Was I good? Was that great?ג€™ Thatג€™s his M.O. Thatג€™s what he believed he was brought here to do. Heג€™s a guest, and itג€™s live TV. Short of hitting a trap door, what are you going to do?ג€

Michael Irvin, in the audience after being part of a segment with Bengals receiver Chad Johnson following the Favre interview, could only laugh at the spectacle.

ג€œItג€™s refreshing to see white-on-white crime,ג€ he said.

Langeג€™s shtick, which will be dissected with Stern on Tuesday morning, will be compared ג€” for the attention it has created ג€” to last yearג€™s confrontation over blogging on ג€œCostas Nowג€ between the writer Buzz Bissinger and Will Leitch, then of Deadspin.

Bissinger kept erupting, creating a fascinating tableau of righteous anger.

But the Lange incident ג€” which benefited from the artistic freedom that HBO provides ג€” was not about any particular issue; it was about Langeג€™s decision that the stage was his to seize. Buck said: ג€œItג€™s an unfortunate thing that happened. But itג€™s live. If it were taped, nobody would have seen it.ג€

Ross Greenburg, the president of HBO Sports, added: ג€œLive television is all about risk-reward. We knew all about Artie Lange when he was booked. We knew there was a risk factor in where he would go and where he would take us.ג€

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2009-06- ... htm?csp=34

Comedian Lange crosses the line on 'Joe Buck Live'

By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY
NEW YORK ג€” It was train wreck TV Monday night as comedian Artie Lange of The Howard Stern Show took over the maiden taping of HBO's new show, Joe Buck Live.

Lange unleashed a barrage of obscene and homophobic jokes about Buck and Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, while calling singer Jessica Simpson a "fat chick" who resembles the late Saturday Night Live comic Chris Farley.

At the end of the live taping in Manhattan, Buck thanked Lange for putting an end to his show after one episode. Fellow guest Michael Irvin grabbed the microphone and joked: "It's refreshing to see white-on white crime."

The show is sure to draw comparisons to author Buzz Bissinger's tirade against bloggers during a live episode of Costas Now last year.

Buck told USA TODAY he couldn't wait for the Lange segment to end. "I thought that spending time on a treadmill felt long. That was like 8 or 9 minutes that turned into an eternity. You know, it's cable, you can get away with it. It's not my style. But, you do one show and you learn and you move on."

Buck told reporters he thought Lange had an "agenda" when he came on stage to discuss the intersection of sports and celebrity. He was sorry Lange took time away from actors Paul Rudd and Jason Sudeikis of SNL. But Buck said there was little he could do to control the invited guest without "kicking him off the set" or hitting a "trap door."

"It's a thought. A gigantic hook," said Buck.

Standing nearby, HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg said Lange "bordered on bad taste" with his "mean-spirited" tone.

"Look, live television is all about risk-reward. We know who Artie Lange was when he was booked," said Greenburg. "We knew there was a certain degree of a risk factor in where he would go and where he would take us. I think at the end of the day, we'll let the public decide. Much the same way the public decided on the appearance of Will Leitch and Buzz Bissinger. ... The public will have the last say in what they thought of Artie Lange tonight."

Greenburg hoped Lange's antics wouldn't overshadow Buck's one-on-one interview with quarterback Brett Favre who opened up to Buck about his recent shoulder surgery and possible return to the NFL with the Minnesota Vikings.

"He's had a lot said about him and he's had zero chance to answer anything and put it in his own words," said Buck about Favre.

Buck said HBO booked Stern's Sirius Satellite Radio sidekick because he's a "funny guy" and an "enormous" sports fan. "We didn't book him to be crude. We didn't book him to walk and cross some line. We booked him because he's a comedian, he's in town, he's a funny guy and somebody who loves sports."

Controversy's not a bad thing in the TV business, especially when networks are trying to get viewers to try out new shows. Clips of Lange's performance on Joe Buck Live were already ping-ponging around YouTube last night.

"Do I think it went too far? Yes," said Buck. "Will he be back? If it's up to me, no. But again it's live TV man."

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

UPLOAD THAT SHIT EMOTICON!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Youtube has to have it. The man straight dominated the show. Funny shit.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

that shit was brutal. sober artie is kind of irritable, huh?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Blockhead wrote:that shit was brutal. sober artie is kind of irritable, huh?
most definitely. i wrote howard telling him to control his boy. he is gonna find himself blacklisted pretty soon.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/06/1 ... -hbo-show/

No mercy for this f@ggot buck. Great sh!t.
Sedakis was loving that sh!t.

Tan

Post by Tan »

Not like listening to the other two drone on about Kansas sports was going to be interesting in the least

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

DULLAH wrote:http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/06/1 ... -hbo-show/

No mercy for this f@ggot buck. Great sh!t.
Sedakis was loving that sh!t.
shit is tremendous so far.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

LMAO @ "you're a regular bob costas"

how does joe buck have a job in anything TV related?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

I'm a Cardinals fan and I hate Joe Buck with a passion. Props to Artie. Fuck that dude.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

when artie came out with "tmz is you favorite website? what's your second? suckincock.com?" i was taken back and it just spiraled into insanity.
is there a back story to him and buck or was he just being an asshole?
Last edited by Blockhead on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The beef is on. I expect Joe Buck to be on Howard by the end of next week.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I dislike both. Artie reaffirmed why he is an annoying played out hack and Joe Buck confirmed that he is a douche who doesn't deserve a show. So this was a win-win.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Popa peep game. Your god...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj_WRL7vTTI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj_WRL7vTTI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

In teh Harlem people r taulkin bout dis

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA1VNxrtJVQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA1VNxrtJVQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Philaflava wrote:Popa peep game. Your god...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj_WRL7vTTI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj_WRL7vTTI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
i'm actually not a big fan of mike francessa. he knows his shit and i flip b/w him and kay but i dont jump hurdles to listen to teh guy. when he was teamed with mad dog though, i was a consistent listener.

max kellerman 4 lyfe.

btw, i heard this live on air. lol.

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

F#@k that f@g symp from Harlem.

I'm rolling with Ross Greenberg (who obviously had doubts about Buck pre-show) on this one.

Here's both the segment and the OT:
http://njfrogman.blogspot.com/2009/06/v ... mment-form

DULLAH

Post by DULLAH »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i'm actually not a big fan of mike francessa. he knows his shit and i flip b/w him and kay but i dont jump hurdles to listen to teh guy. when he was teamed with mad dog though, i was a consistent listener.
does he have a smartass/funny sidekick? dude sounds pretty plain for the 1pm-6pm timeslot.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

no sidekick right now. and he is kinda bland to listen to.

nigga needs max kellerman.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Joe Buck is the worst. He's really a fucking boring piece of shit. That's the most press his crappy show is ever going to get.

I was expecting it to be a lot worse given the shitstorm online about it. It's HBO, swear all you want. If choir boy Buck is offended fuck him. :pause:
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]