Michael Vick signs with the Iggles

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Tommy Bunz

Michael Vick signs with the Iggles

Post by Tommy Bunz »

:cheers:

Two-Year deal

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I don't get it. Kolb is the back-up so is Vick gonna be converted to a receiver or something?

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

yeah I can't imagine he'd be playing QB

internetfront

Post by internetfront »

KR/PR/ Spell Back maybe?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports the Eagles have signed Michael Vick. FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer reports it's a one-year, $1.6 million deal with a $5.2 million team option for 2010.
Despite their training camp injuries, the Eagles are gunning for a Super Bowl title this season. ESPN's Jon Gruden suggested that they see Vick as a "missing piece," with offensive guru Andy Reid finding creative ways to utilize his talent. The Dungy/Vick team placed a high priority on stability, and the Joe Banner/Tom Heckert/Reid trio provide plenty of ballast. Vick is no threat to Donovan McNabb's starting job, but it may be an indication that Kevin Kolb's knee injury is more serious than originally believed. The $5.2 team option means it's basically a one-year deal, barring a serious injury to McNabb. Aug. 13 - 8:35 pm et

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

PROTEST PROTEST PROTEST!!!!!

Get peta up in there!

hahaa.. keep that spotlight out of Dallas

T.O. gone
Pacman gone
No Vick signing
Jessica Simpson = dumped.

Loving it

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Kolb's hurt.

Imagine Vick & Westbrook both lined up behind McNabb tho ?!

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

My facebook feed is littered with people bitching about the signing.

Beastly Swagger

Yeah now diva undercover faggot Donavon's gonna get all emo on u philly niggas haha !

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I don't get why SF or Buffalo didn't go hard at him. Even Tampa or Denver. I don't care if he spent 2 years out of football and was never that good of a QB to begin with, he's still better than anyone those guys have.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

I think the Eagles win,

Don't get me wrong, I hate what the man got caught for with all my heart. I think Vick can get the hang of the Eagles offense without much of a problem though, since he would be the main threat after Westbrook.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

stupidregister wrote:I don't get why SF or Buffalo didn't go hard at him. Even Tampa or Denver. I don't care if he spent 2 years out of football and was never that good of a QB to begin with, he's still better than anyone those guys have.
From what i hear around here Tampa is in rebuilding mode and doesn't want the distractions for a young coach and team. Also the offense they are running wouldn't fit Vick IMO.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

kolb = koy 2.0

fuck it

im anticipating the daily news headline

Beastly Swagger

Imagine being a D Coordinator having to account for McNabb with Wesbrooke & Vick flanked on both sides add in super-fast Desaun Jackson to the mix holy shit that's speed everywhere in the spread offense.

an-also

Post by an-also »

:naswtf: Didnt see that coming at all!

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

People are gettin' their :owens: on all over Facebook.

As far as the signing... I'm with it. He fucked up somethin' serious with the dog fighting ring, no doubt. He can't ever truly undo his wrongs, but he paid his debts, and I don't mind having an athlete like Michael Vick on our roster.

Though this is all based on my belief that he's sincere in his remorse. If they believe otherwise, then I can understand why people would dislike the signing.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Beastly Swagger wrote:Imagine being a D Coordinator having to account for McNabb with Wesbrooke & Vick flanked on both sides add in super-fast Desaun Jackson to the mix holy shit that's speed everywhere in the spread offense.
^^^ And don't forget Maclin.

:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

MY LIL LONG BEACH HOMIE DESEAN IS GONNA PUT IN MUCH WORK THIS YEAR. HE'S GOT ALL-WORLD TALENT.

MACLIN WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE WHEN HE IS INSERTED INTO THE GAME.

I'M PROUD OF VICK AND GLAD HE'S GETTIN A CHANCE. I CAN SEE HIM DOIN THE WILDCAT SHIT AT TIMES TO GET HIM ON THE FIELD. DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS AIN'T GONNA BE GETTIN TOO MUCH SLEEP WITH THE THOUGHT OF HIM HURTIN U WITH HIS LEGS OR QUITE POSSIBLY WITH HIS ARM. HE DEFINITELY NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS PROGRESSIONS AND ACCURACY.

MAYBE ONE DAY HE CAN SUCCEED DONOVAN. WHO KNOWS, ONE MORE MAJOR INJURY AND IT COULD BE CURTAINS WITH MCNABB.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Was listening to 950am in philly some callers were saying that they will no longer be eagles fans because of this.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

LOL. What a bunch of pussies.

They're running a football team. Not an animal shelter. Grow up.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Ramen wrote:Was listening to 950am in philly some callers were saying that they will no longer be eagles fans because of this.
That is, unless the Eagles are successful. Then they'll be right back on the bandwagon.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Honestly I think it's more along the lines of Dungy having his back and Reid being sympathetic than the Eagles needing him to make them better.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Ramen wrote:Was listening to 950am in philly some callers were saying that they will no longer be eagles fans because of this.
VICK WOULD HAVE BEEN A PERFECT RAIDER. CAN'T IMAGINE ANY RAIDER FAN SAYIN SOME STUPID SHIT LIKE THE WOULDN'T SUPPORT HIM BECAUSE OF SOME DOGS.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

So if McNabb is 100% healthy all year what will Vick do? We only get him for 10 games right?

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Should be interesting.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I think the move is to fuck with DC's more than anything. If he does play it'll be in a wild cat situation or blow-out. The impact will be bigger off the field than on.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Awesome move by Philly !!!
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

if one more fagot calls the radio and says he/she is no longer an eagles fan over this...my head will explode

its funny how people are actually drawing lines in the sand over this

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Come week 13 and we're a lock for the playoffs those same people will be running out and coping Vick jerseys.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

rofl at the requisite "as long as michael vick is on this team, i will not be a fan" comments. fuckin douchebags
Nets 2022