Official Week 4 NFL thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Mike BLAOWery

Official Week 4 NFL thread

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

I'm sure a mod would be nice enough to put the games in later on today. Might be me since the other mods have been lazy lately.
Last edited by Mike BLAOWery on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Hope we bounce back with a 'W' after Greg Lewis' miracle catch and being minus Frank Gore.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

your boy kel will be at the dome :copy: packer heads with the quickness

4-0

:stick:

an-also

Post by an-also »

keL wrote:your boy kel will be at the dome :copy: packer heads with the quickness
Didnt you say last time you were at a viqueen game you got beaten up by your own fanbase?

anyways, packers roll in and get the upset win. Its going to be a war. Cant wait till monday

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

sd and pitt big game for the chargers
UBM CD COMING SOON

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

From the perspective of a Bears fan, it's division or bust. Three of the following eight teams will not make the playoffs:

Giants
Eagles
Cowboys
Falcons
Saints
Vikings
Packers
Bears

The smart money would be on the NFC East & NFC South to fill the wildcard slots. Therefore, I'll be rooting for the Packers to win on Monday. 4-0 Vikings is not something that I want to see.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:
keL wrote:your boy kel will be at the dome :copy: packer heads with the quickness
Didnt you say last time you were at a viqueen game you got beaten up by your own fanbase?

anyways, packers roll in and get the upset win. Its going to be a war. Cant wait till monday
lol wat? when i went to the monday night game bears versus packers. my homies wearing bears jerseys got called a nigger and we ended up fighting a gang of obese pasteoids wearing packer cheese hats in lamblow

my fanbase would be considered viking fans. i was at a bears packers game in green bay. hope this helps you.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

This weeks game are as follows:

Detroit @ Chicago
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Oakland @ Houston
Seattle @ Indianapolis
Tennessee @ Jacksonville
NY Giants @ Kansas City
Baltimore @ New England
Tampa Bay @ Washington
Buffalo @ Miami
NY Jets @ New Orleans
Dallas @ Denver
St. Louis @ San Francisco
San Diego @ Pittsburgh

MNF matchup
Green Bay @ Minnesota

Bye weeks begin this week so there will be only 14 games for the next couple of months.

binary

Post by binary »

Positive A wrote:Hope we bounce back with a 'W' after Greg Lewis' miracle catch and being minus Frank Gore.
If they don't they are in serious trouble, it's the fucking Rams for goodness sake. I think this will be a great indicator as to how legit our coaching staff is when it comes to motivating the players to overcome obstacles. Also, the coaching staff needs to take some risks; this is the game to prove it and show us that progress is being made and the players are getting more comfortable.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

MNF games are the shit.

And honestly, it's practically a given that it will go down to the wire. I'm talkin like last 2 minutes n shit will decide the winner.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

binary wrote:
Positive A wrote:Hope we bounce back with a 'W' after Greg Lewis' miracle catch and being minus Frank Gore.
If they don't they are in serious trouble, it's the fucking Rams for goodness sake. I think this will be a great indicator as to how legit our coaching staff is when it comes to motivating the players to overcome obstacles. Also, the coaching staff needs to take some risks; this is the game to prove it and show us that progress is being made and the players are getting more comfortable.
Talent wise I still feel like the Niners are a few guys away from being a playoff team. WR QB FS and someone, anyone who can the rush the passer are all positions that need to be addressed.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Sumthin_Funky wrote:MNF games are the shit.

And honestly, it's practically a given that it will go down to the wire. I'm talkin like last 2 minutes n shit will decide the winner.
im not looking forward to seeing J.Allen and co. manhandle the O Line

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

There's a chance Clifton will return which will help a lot because he basically kept Allen quiet in the season opener last year (the other game was a little different, but come on, Allen is a beast). But honestly, I think people are givin the Vikings too much credit. I honestly expect Favre to get picked at least twice (Woodson has been on fire). I mean, other than Peterson, and the Pack's shaky o-line, there isn't much to worry about.

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

good luck to the viking fans as the year goes on and favre becomes more of a bitch and wants to get hit less and less and starts shitting the bed more and more.

binary

Post by binary »

VideoKilledThe wrote:
binary wrote:
Talent wise I still feel like the Niners are a few guys away from being a playoff team. WR QB FS and someone, anyone who can the rush the passer are all positions that need to be addressed.
I'm sure you are not alone in your sentiments; however, this squad is a bunch of fucking warriors; I haven't seen a team play with this much heart since the Ravens D when they went all the way. Those positions you mentioned are actually positions that are still questionmarks, but have actually shown some signs of positivity. Shaun Hill is probably the best 4th quarter QB in the league right now in terms of numbers, no bullshit. The guy turns into a different human in the 4th, he straight up dominates but the coaching staff still tends to shackle the guy. As for FS, Goldson is playing really well, I'm more concerned about Lewis and Roman, those cats are old and slow. WR is interesting, fuck Crabtree, but the Niners have some young potential at that position...unfortunately, in this offensive scheme they aren't getting much of a chance...no one really has any idea what this team is truly capable of, which makes it terribly exciting to watch every week. We just know that they play their asses off and they are young.....and Manny Lawson and Patrick Willis are not to be fucked with right now.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

binary wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:
binary wrote:
I'm sure you are not alone in your sentiments; however, this squad is a bunch of fucking warriors; I haven't seen a team play with this much heart since the Ravens D when they went all the way. Those positions you mentioned are actually positions that are still questionmarks, but have actually shown some signs of positivity. Shaun Hill is probably the best 4th quarter QB in the league right now in terms of numbers, no bullshit. The guy turns into a different human in the 4th, he straight up dominates but the coaching staff still tends to shackle the guy. As for FS, Goldson is playing really well, I'm more concerned about Lewis and Roman, those cats are old and slow. WR is interesting, fuck Crabtree, but the Niners have some young potential at that position...unfortunately, in this offensive scheme they aren't getting much of a chance...no one really has any idea what this team is truly capable of, which makes it terribly exciting to watch every week. We just know that they play their asses off and they are young.....and Manny Lawson and Patrick Willis are not to be fucked with right now.
co signage.

Shaun Hill IS the man in the 4th, but goddamn, if he isn't straight up AWFUL in the 1st half. Like, he's so shaky/nervous/uncomfortable in there. Its a total Jeckyll and Hyde case going on. But when the 2nd half comes along, dude is hitting recievers in stride, making clutch, clutch throws and leading the offense. But as a fan, increidbly frustrating to watch. The Vikes game, for example, I totally had them written off up until Nate returned the block fg attempt for a td, then Shaun controlled the game in the next half.

We do have talent at wr, ESPECIALLY Josh Morgan. He absolutely, positively, needs to be utilized. Big Vern and hell, even Isaac Bruce have been money thus far. Even Delanie Walker has made a big, clutch catch or 2.

They've had high expectations for Goldson. So far, so good I'd say.

Nate has REALLY stepped up his game through 3 so far.

All in all, I'm content, but still crushed from last Sunday.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Detroit @ <b>Chicago</b>

<b>Cincinnati</b> @ Cleveland

Oakland @ <b>Houston</b>

Seattle @ <b>Indianapolis</b>

Tennessee @ <b>Jacksonville</b>

<b>NY Giants</b> @ Kansas City

Baltimore @ <b>New England</b>

Tampa Bay @ <b>Washington</b>

<b>Buffalo</b> @ Miami

NY Jets @ <b>New Orleans</b>

<b>Dallas</b> @ Denver

St. Louis @ <b>San Francisco</b>

San Diego @ <b>Pittsburgh</b>

MNF matchup
<b>Green Bay</b> @ Minnesota

A lot of these games could go either way IMO, but whateva.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

pumped up for Jets/Saints

Great offense vs. great defense.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

I'm not sure how I feel about this Denver game.
I mean, who has Denver played? No one to date.
I think my boys can pull this out in Denver...

We can beat Neckbeard!

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

pennsylvania jones wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this Denver game.
I mean, who has Denver played? No one to date.
I think my boys can pull this out in Denver...

We can beat Neckbeard!
Yeah this is gonna be a great game.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

pennsylvania jones wrote:We can beat Neckbeard!
:ironmike:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Joe Pesci wrote:pumped up for Jets/Saints

Great offense vs. great defense.
Yes, I expect a great fuckin game

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

lots of injuries on both sides for the pitt sd game

J Wall out
Hardwick out
LT Probable

Willie Parker Out
Polamalu Out
UBM CD COMING SOON

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

really surprised that the chargers are 7 point dogs vs the steelers. put money on SD with a quickness.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i'm glad there are others on this site to talk about the 49ers...makes me happy as hell.... the key to blowing out the rams and covering the spread is to just have a stout front 8 but be able to not get burnt on a play action... i mean kyle boller is a Cal / Tedford product, and he's very familiar with that kind of offense. with that said, we need to sack him like 7 times and fuck them up.

here are my picks (with the spread)

Week=4
Game01=Chicago -10
Game02=Cincinnati -6
Game03=Oakland +9
Game04=Indianapolis -10.5
Game05=Tennessee -3
Game06=NY Giants -8.5
Game07=Baltimore +2
Game08=Tampa Bay +7.5
Game09=Buffalo -2
Game10=NY Jets +7
Game11=Denver +3
Game12=San Francisco -9.5
Game13=San Diego +6.5
Game14=Green Bay +3.5

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Nl5H wrote:i'm glad there are others on this site to talk about the 49ers...makes me happy as hell.... the key to blowing out the rams and covering the spread is to just have a stout front 8 but be able to not get burnt on a play action... i mean kyle boller is a Cal / Tedford product, and he's very familiar with that kind of offense. with that said, we need to sack him like 7 times and fuck them up.
I don't think the 49ers are the kind of team that will blow teams out. That 9.5 spread scares me a little bit and I think st. Louis will actually cover it. I feel pretty strongly about SF winning, obviously, but we're a 20-14 style win tomorrow.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

yeah but 49ers have allowed 0 rush tds thus far, and steven jackson is their only hope, with no bulger, avery , or the other wr they have....

blowwww out

still illiterate

I've seen a couple of rams games this season. I think they are better then they appear. Yeah they'll lose this game(I put money on it), but 10 points is a lot in the NFL.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Nl5H wrote:yeah but 49ers have allowed 0 rush tds thus far, and steven jackson is their only hope, with no bulger, avery , or the other wr they have....

blowwww out
Boiler will dominate the 9'ers secondary
UBM CD COMING SOON

still illiterate

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Nl5H wrote:yeah but 49ers have allowed 0 rush tds thus far, and steven jackson is their only hope, with no bulger, avery , or the other wr they have....

blowwww out
Boiler will dominate the 9'ers secondary
it's Boller, and no he won't. but it might still be interesting