Official Week 4 NFL thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Darren Sharper would have a pick 6 every week if he got to play a rookie qb every week.

Sanchez looked shook to me from the get go, he had that "I'm a lonnnggg way from home, white dude in a black neighborhood" look in his eyes...

...the Jets D didn't deserve to lose. Darrelle Revis added his name to the growing list of people who have JACKED UP! Reggie Bush in the flat.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

:wtf:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

eternalreflection wrote:I didn't see the game but how did Chicago score 48points on just 276yds offense and 14first downs
Complete and utter obliteration on special teams.

Johnny Knox - 49 yards per kick return
Danieal Manning - 43 yards per kick return
Devin Hester - 24 yards per punt return
Earl Bennett - 16 yards per punt return

It seemed like we got the ball on the 50 in most cases.

They never got to return any of Maynard's punts - he pinned 'em inside the 20 on all four of his attempts, including a couple that went out of bounds inside the 10. Also, they had 8 kick returns, and they never had a chance to pick up respectable yardage on any of 'em.

Just a beautiful game from a special teams standpoint, and we also stomped Kevin Smith into oblivion (19 carries for 30 yards).

Stafford could have put up 400+ if he was on his game, though. He was missing wide open receivers left and right, but he still looked awesome out there. Dude is gonna be scary as shit when he puts it all together.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Key stat:

Lions AVG starting position: Own 18
Bears AVG starting position: Lions 46

Also, Cutler became the first Bears QB in 40 years to have a 100+ rating in three straight games.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Mike BLAOWery

Post by Mike BLAOWery »

eternalreflection wrote:New Orleans is a major threat if they can win games when Brees is having an off day 20/32 190 would have been instant-loss last year
ummmm, Brees was awesome in the Jets game.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

I have been a diehard Giants fan my entire life...well, since I was 7 years old and started following organized sports in 1985. However, I must say that the New York Giants have been such an awesome team to love/follow since Jerry Reese became the GM.

The way he has come in and constructed such an awesome arsonel of players/personnel is pretty fucking special. So far his option to not overpay for a WR (Boldin/Edwards) is looking like one of the best offseason chess moves yet.

Fuck, this team is awesome...Thanks G-Men!

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

man chargers look to have one of the worst defenses in the league

goddamn we get bullied on the O-Line, on the D-Line, our LB's can't get penetration cus a G is always on them due to our D-Line not garnering any double teams

Pendiana how did Johnson do on your team as a NT? we brought him in but he's still injured our D-Line needs a major overhaul, I feel like the saints of last year where our offense is destructive but our Defense is total Shat, really I thought the Ram's defense looked better and thats just pathetic.
UBM CD COMING SOON

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Peppers vs. Merriman in Who Has Shown Up Least?

My stomach feels like I am going to play tonight. I am so excited.

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote: My stomach feels like I am going to play tonight. I am so excited.
I dont have a good feeling at all. AP might get 300. He sounds like hes angry and wants to win for Brent

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:
blastmaster wrote: My stomach feels like I am going to play tonight. I am so excited.
I dont have a good feeling at all. AP might get 300. He sounds like hes angry and wants to win for Brent
we're about to head down to the dome
the whole city is jacked
you could cut the tension with a knife
this won't end well for someone

i feel like tackling somebody

binary

Post by binary »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:I have been a diehard Giants fan my entire life...well, since I was 7 years old and started following organized sports in 1985. However, I must say that the New York Giants have been such an awesome team to love/follow since Jerry Reese became the GM.

The way he has come in and constructed such an awesome arsonel of players/personnel is pretty fucking special. So far his option to not overpay for a WR (Boldin/Edwards) is looking like one of the best offseason chess moves yet.

Well WR is one of the most overrated positions in football IMO, unless you got a TO in his prime, CJ, or Moss, the position is low as a priority to me. You need a qb to deliver him the ball, an oline to give the qb time to deliver the ball...and the guy is gonna touch the ball 7-8 times a game at MOST. IMo it's all about the trenches, and that's why the Giants have been so successful; the dline has been monster and the oline is just as monster. I'm glad the Niners haven't overpaid for a WR either, but they overpaid for a CB, which was also a dumb move IMO; CBs ain't shit without a pass rush just like WRs ain't shit without a QB or oline. Gotta build up the trenches and the front 7, every gm should know this by now.

Moving on, Patrick Willis is playing linebacker better than anybody I've ever seen in my life, yes including Ray Lewis. Dude is sick in coverage, vs. the run, and his blitzing is on some video game steez. As a 3-4 ILB HE'S NOT EVEN PLAYING HIS NATURAL POSITION of a 4-3 mlb, shit is disgusting. Him and Manny Lawson would be so dominant in a 4-3 it's absurd to think about, but Singletary has made these dudes into monsters in the 3-4, props to him. If we get Crabtree signed, start playing Jason Hill and Brandon Jones, and the oline allows our playcalling to open up a bit, look out, i'm just saying.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Oh god. This pregame show is nauseating. There are two teams playing by the way you faggots.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I don't think it's possible for ESPN to saturate itself with any more Brett Favre coverage.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

I'm doing a bump of coke every time the TV says "Brett Favre".

I expect to have a heart attack after the first TV timeout.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

an-also wrote:Oh god. This pregame show is nauseating. There are two teams playing by the way you faggots.
The sports media has managed to pussify an old school NFL rivalry and turn it into the sideshow to an US Weekly cover story.

Excuse me while I go wipe the AIDS off my TV screen.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Money Gripp wrote:I'm doing a bump of coke every time the TV says "Brett Favre".

You'll be like Johnny Depp in 'Blow'.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Positive A wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:I'm doing a bump of coke every time the TV says "Brett Favre".

Johnny Depp in Blow would have offered his only child to Colombian drug lords just so they would wack Brett Favre.

He was a great man and a great American.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

BUT DA TELEVISION SAID THE VIKINGS DEFENSE WAS BETTER THAN THE 1985 CHICAGO BEARS

DUUUUUUUUUUU

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Money Gripp wrote:
Positive A wrote:

Johnny Depp in Blow would have offered his only child to Colombian drug lords just so they would wack Brett Favre.

He was a great man and a great American.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

binary wrote:
Dwight Strawberry wrote:I have been a diehard Giants fan my entire life...well, since I was 7 years old and started following organized sports in 1985. However, I must say that the New York Giants have been such an awesome team to love/follow since Jerry Reese became the GM.

Well WR is one of the most overrated positions in football IMO, unless you got a TO in his prime, CJ, or Moss, the position is low as a priority to me. You need a qb to deliver him the ball, an oline to give the qb time to deliver the ball...and the guy is gonna touch the ball 7-8 times a game at MOST. IMo it's all about the trenches, and that's why the Giants have been so successful; the dline has been monster and the oline is just as monster. I'm glad the Niners haven't overpaid for a WR either, but they overpaid for a CB, which was also a dumb move IMO; CBs ain't shit without a pass rush just like WRs ain't shit without a QB or oline. Gotta build up the trenches and the front 7, every gm should know this by now.

Moving on, Patrick Willis is playing linebacker better than anybody I've ever seen in my life, yes including Ray Lewis. Dude is sick in coverage, vs. the run, and his blitzing is on some video game steez. As a 3-4 ILB HE'S NOT EVEN PLAYING HIS NATURAL POSITION of a 4-3 mlb, shit is disgusting. Him and Manny Lawson would be so dominant in a 4-3 it's absurd to think about, but Singletary has made these dudes into monsters in the 3-4, props to him. If we get Crabtree signed, start playing Jason Hill and Brandon Jones, and the oline allows our playcalling to open up a bit, look out, i'm just saying.
you think Lawson would be a DE or OLB in a 4-3?
UBM CD COMING SOON

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The NBA sucked off MJ every second. Favre is the MJ of the NFL. I can't take how everybody has to play the game, including the media.

I hope he gets an ACL tonight.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Mike Tirico contains more estrogen than a girl's night out with Andrea Kramer.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Money Gripp wrote:Mike Tirico contains more estrogen than a girl's night out with Andrea Kramer.
The Gumble brothers call him a fucking Tom. Didn't Tirico catch a sexual harassment case too?

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

keL wrote:
an-also wrote:
the whole city is jacked

can someone tell me, who is brent?
please excuse my ignorance.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

Philaflava wrote:
Money Gripp wrote:Mike Tirico contains more estrogen than a girl's night out with Andrea Kramer.
The Gumble brothers call him a fucking Tom. Didn't Tirico catch a sexual harassment case too?
Yes. I think he tried to stick his hand down Keith Olbermann's pants. What a fairy.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

I knew the pregame shit would make me sick to my stomach

I didn't watch

AP is fucking about to go on a rampage, I can sense it

Chilly doing a good job keeping Favre's emotions in check so far, hopefully he can keep it up

Im praying to see AP truck Barnett into the fucking turf, faggot ass motherfucker
Last edited by Mo Cheeks on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

sean wrote:
keL wrote:
an-also wrote:
the whole city is jacked

This is probably one of those Canadian/American things.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sean wrote:
keL wrote:
an-also wrote:
the whole city is jacked

This has to be the first time you ever posted in a sports thread? Not because of Brent, I don't know who the fuck that is. But I never took you as a sports dude.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Brent = Favre

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

Ramen wrote:Brent = Favre
i thought his name was brett though?
his name is brent?
fuckin weird.
Philaflava wrote:This has to be the first time you ever posted in a sports thread? Not because of Brent, I don't know who the fuck that is. But I never took you as a sports dude.
naw, i read the nfl threads every year.
pretty sure i've posted in some before as well.
can't remember.
Money Gripp wrote:This is probably one of those Canadian/American things.
???