NHL 09/10 Season

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

an-also

Post by an-also »

alpha wrote:
an-also wrote:
Positive A wrote:
alpha wrote:went to the sharks home opener last night. had a great time. heatley scored a hat trick. very awesome(prob didnt show it on tv) was that heatley was in rick nash's ear ALL NIGHT talking mad shit.
That line is going to be soooooo ill. Thronton had, what, 4 assists last night?
The sharks can go unbeaten the rest of the way in the reg season for whatever its worth. They need to show and prove in the playoffs for real.
:larry:
If you say so. If they dont win it this year or have some sort of a deep playoff run, they need to blow it up and start over

alpha

Post by alpha »

an-also wrote:
alpha wrote:
an-also wrote:
Positive A wrote:
alpha wrote:went to the sharks home opener last night. had a great time. heatley scored a hat trick. very awesome(prob didnt show it on tv) was that heatley was in rick nash's ear ALL NIGHT talking mad shit.
That line is going to be soooooo ill. Thronton had, what, 4 assists last night?
The sharks can go unbeaten the rest of the way in the reg season for whatever its worth. They need to show and prove in the playoffs for real.
:larry:
If you say so. If they dont win it this year or have some sort of a deep playoff run, they need to blow it up and start over
apparently I misued the :larry: prob more of a :killacam: no shit sherlock. let me enjoy the regular season. :lol:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

The Leafs are good to watch because they are deep with guys who love to drop the gloves, but god damn; where the hell is their offense? Bring up Kadri for the love of god!

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Positive A wrote:The Leafs are good to watch because they are deep with guys who love to drop the gloves, but god damn; where the hell is their offense? Bring up Kadri for the love of god!
Whoa. Didn't realize that they actually sent him back down to the O.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Squeeze win. Couldn't watch the game but Devils aren't going to last if we win every other game in a shootout.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

Leafs suck. This is going to be anothe rlong season. I think they said on the broadcast that we haven't dropped 5 straight to start of a season since like 1917.

In other news, this is one of the reasons Iginla is one of the best captains in the NHL. Love it when they drop the buckets.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GqDXH4ibTeY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GqDXH4ibTeY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

^^^^
nice Iginla is one of my favorite players.

Pens are looking real good so far this year. 10 different guys with goals so far this season and only 3 players in total haven't recorded a point. Shit is being spread around pretty good.

Does Kovalev look like the most uninspired player ever? Dude should have just went back to Russia. I would be so mad if he played on my team.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Iginla is the man no doubt but I still can't believe the Flames blew a 5 goal lead :larry:
The only thing keeping me in a decent mood is that Toronto has yet to win a game :lol:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Random Sample wrote: Does Kovalev look like the most uninspired player ever? Dude should have just went back to Russia. I would be so mad if he played on my team.
Yeah...he does play for my team and he's got to be one of the most frustrating players to watch.

Frustrating game last night.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Pens are 6-1. Looking pretty good so far. The goal Mike Rupp had last night was pretty amazing:

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg= ... vent=CAR36

Raphael De La Ghetto

Rupp goal was nice but the highlight was Bill Guerin getting absolutely robbed by Cam Ward.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:Rupp goal was nice but the highlight was Bill Guerin getting absolutely robbed by Cam Ward.
Billy's facial expression was great after the save. He actually nodded and gave props to cam ward.

ANUBIS5

Post by ANUBIS5 »

This season would be off to a better start if Fedorov didn't leave Washington to play in Russia, if Brian Burke actually put Nazem Kadri on the Leafs roster for the season and if Calgary let Fleury play in his cinderella finish in the NHL.

Heatley seems to be taking to San Jose well but I haven't really heard too much of Avery on New York. Hopefully he has another brilliantly entertaining season.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

FUCK! Gonchar has a broken wrist or hand. Not fucking good at all.

Pens have looked so good this season too. Hopefully they can pick up the slack with Gonchar gone.

Raphael De La Ghetto

I may check out Theo Fleury's book. Seems pretty interesting, and i's getting quite a bit of press here in Canada.
May cop it a month or so.

What do the Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays have in common?
They all suck at hockey.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:What do the Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays have in common?
They all suck at hockey.
:rofl:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Random Sample wrote:
Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:What do the Leafs, Raptors and Blue Jays have in common?
They all suck at hockey.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Positive A wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
They all suck at hockey.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Quotashun wrote:
Positive A wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
They all suck at hockey.
:cheers:

Have the Maple Losers won a game yet? They might as well bring Kadri up and give him some shine. Nobody else on the team is doing anything.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Random Sample wrote:FUCK! Gonchar has a broken wrist or hand. Not fucking good at all.

Pens have looked so good this season too. Hopefully they can pick up the slack with Gonchar gone.
Shitty...I have Gonchar in my pool and my main concern was whether or not he would stay healthy....
FUCK

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Kiran187 wrote:
Quotashun wrote:
Positive A wrote:
Random Sample wrote:
They all suck at hockey.
:cheers:

Have the Maple Losers won a game yet? They might as well bring Kadri up and give him some shine. Nobody else on the team is doing anything.
Nope.

Forreal... Kadri, Tyler Bozak and maybe even Jiri Tlusty should be called up. They're also using their third and fourth goalies right now because of injuries, which makes matters even worse (although both are better than Vesa Toskala).

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Quotashun wrote:Forreal... Kadri, Tyler Bozak and maybe even Jiri Tlusty should be called up. They're also using their third and fourth goalies right now because of injuries, which makes matters even worse (although both are better than Vesa Toskala).
I don't understand why they wouldn't call those guys up. It is not like they are going to be worse than what they already have. They need to do something to turn it around.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Bozak did get called up, didn't he? And didn't hey send kadri back down to the O? If so, you can't recall players that get sent back to the juniors, right?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Yeah now that you said that I think Kadri did get sent back to the OHL.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Random Sample wrote:Yeah now that you said that I think Kadri did get sent back to the OHL.
Either way, bad look by the Leafs. Kadri was very good in preseason and with that team in full on rebuilding mode, deserves to be playing.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Couple big hits from the last few days.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6R6q6ehkaE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6R6q6ehkaE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFLbg-PnMeQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFLbg-PnMeQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

^^^^

I love hockey.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Also, for Americans, here's the Hockey Night in Canada theme song.
They changed it a couple years back from the original because they couldn't afford the rights (TSN now has it). I actually extremely enjoy the new one, despite thinking it was only ok at first.
The real problem is that they need to take those gay computer images from the opening. It's awful looking.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3rjwKYTK0k&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3rjwKYTK0k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

I don't know...I think I still like the original theme better. The new one isn't bad but it's hard to top a classic like the original one.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

Raphael De La Ghetto wrote:Couple big hits from the last few days.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6R6q6ehkaE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6R6q6ehkaE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFLbg-PnMeQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFLbg-PnMeQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
:ohsh:
I was at a bar last night when that hit on Toews happened and the whole bar was like "OOOOOHHHHHH" when that happened. Most people weren't even watching that game closely as the Dodgers-Phillies game was on as well but everybody stopped what they were doing to watch the replay on that.