Baseball Stadiums

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Jayou Ayen

Baseball Stadiums

Post by Jayou Ayen »

I've been using my Jet Blue pass to hit up Baseball Stadiums I've never had a chance/reason to visit.
So far I've been to one of the oldest (Fenway) and the newest (Citi Field). There are a couple that I wanted to visit, like Coors Field and Citizens BP, but Jet Blue has some faggot ass routes.
I'll be heading to Pittsburgh and Chicago next week, any info on these parks would be appreciated. If you like to talk about another stadium, you are welcome to do so too.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Are you going to games or just doing the stadium tour?

wheels

Post by wheels »

Seats at Wrigley in September are cheaper than the stadium tour. Holler at me I might be able to hook up something.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Yeah, I'm going to see games at each stadium. It was a bitch to work out the days. I'll be in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, and Chicago (Wrigley) on Wednesday.
Yeah Wheels, even on Stubhub, the tickets are as low as $2 right now.

Myjah

Re: Baseball Stadiums

Post by Myjah »

Jayou Ayen wrote:I've been using my Jet Blue pass to hit up Baseball Stadiums I've never had a chance/reason to visit.
So far I've been to one of the oldest (Fenway) and the newest (Citi Field). There are a couple that I wanted to visit, like Coors Field and Citizens BP, but Jet Blue has some faggot ass routes.
I'll be heading to Pittsburgh and Chicago next week, any info on these parks would be appreciated. If you like to talk about another stadium, you are welcome to do so too.
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

INCORRECT.

TARGET FIELD is the newest stadium, and it is already considered one of the best. It's right in downtown Minneapolis, by lots of bars, restaurants, entertainment, and hotels. You could literally get off the plane and ride the Light Rail from the airport (first stop on the line) to Target Field (last stop on the line). The crowd energy is great. Plus, the Twins have been the best team in baseball sinnce the all-star break, and are going to win the World Series!

Come visit! It's a great new gem in the baseball world!! If you've never been to Minneapolis either, you should come. It's a nice place.

Really. If you're out to visit stadiums right now, this is a must!

Don't worry about ticket availability--in any case, there are many scalpers who sell tickets for very reasonable prices.
I <3 Employee.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Myjah wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:I've been using my Jet Blue pass to hit up Baseball Stadiums I've never had a chance/reason to visit.

INCORRECT.

TARGET FIELD is the newest stadium, and it is already considered one of the best. It's right in downtown Minneapolis, by lots of bars, restaurants, entertainment, and hotels. You could literally get off the plane and ride the Light Rail from the airport (first stop on the line) to Target Field (last stop on the line). The crowd energy is great. Plus, the Twins have been the best team in baseball sinnce the all-star break, and are going to win the World Series!

Come visit! It's a great new gem in the baseball world!! If you've never been to Minneapolis either, you should come. It's a nice place.
Easy there, Myj.
I meant to say 'one of the oldest and one of the newest'. That park was definitely on my list, but Jet Blue flys over your state, not to it. :sad:
I will have to watch Thome knock shit outta the Coliseum this weekend.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Yeah, I'm going to see games at each stadium. It was a bitch to work out the days. I'll be in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, and Chicago (Wrigley) on Wednesday.
Yeah Wheels, even on Stubhub, the tickets are as low as $2 right now.

Yeah then you're good to go. Holler at me if you want to go grab a beer I live a block away.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Myjah wrote:

INCORRECT.

Easy there, Myj.
I meant to say 'one of the oldest and one of the newest'. That park was definitely on my list, but Jet Blue flys over your state, not to it. :sad:

Err... Except the A's are playing at Target Field this weekend, NOT the Coliseum.

There are pretty cheep flights from Chicago, usually. There's the train, too. Also, if you are EVER flying to Minneapolis, check out Sun Country Airlines. They only fly to and from MPLS, and are usually pretty cheap.
I <3 Employee.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Myjah wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:
Myjah wrote:

INCORRECT.

Easy there, Myj.

Err... Except the A's are playing at Target Field this weekend, NOT the Coliseum.

There are pretty cheep flights from Chicago, usually. There's the train, too. Also, if you are EVER flying to Minneapolis, check out Sun Country Airlines. They only fly to and from MPLS, and are usually pretty cheap.
Damn, I'm getting schooled in here.
That's good info, I wish I had known sooner.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Not like the Coliseum is anything to write home about...

The Giants should be in town then. They are supposed to have a good field.

AND, Sun Country is just the best. They even still give you free snacks and food on the flight (at least last time I flew). I got a $200 round trip ticket from mpls to nyc once.
Last edited by Myjah on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 Employee.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

jayou ayen = :copy:

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

The Milwaukee Brewers are playing the San Fransisco Giants this weekend in San Fransisco. So no worries if you're going to the bay. I bet that would be a better experience anyway (than the Coliseum I mean, not Target Field).
I <3 Employee.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

errrr
Nets 2022

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:jayou ayen = :copy:
Gil, no need to be an insecure jerk. We're just talking baseball.
:gyeah:

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Myjah wrote:The Milwaukee Brewers are playing the San Fransisco Giants this weekend in San Fransisco. So no worries if you're going to the bay. I bet that would be a better experience anyway (than the Coliseum I mean, not Target Field).
I'm from Oakland.
:lol:

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Myjah wrote:The Milwaukee Brewers are playing the San Fransisco Giants this weekend in San Fransisco. So no worries if you're going to the bay. I bet that would be a better experience anyway (than the Coliseum I mean, not Target Field).
I'm from Oakland.

WTF? You're from Oakland and you didn't even realize the A's are in Minneapolis this weekend?!?
I <3 Employee.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Myjah wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:
I'm from Oakland.
WTF? You're from Oakland and you didn't even realize the A's are in Minneapolis this weekend?!?
That's definitely my bad.
But I'm pretty sure the importance of baseball in Minnesota and California is 180 degrees different. The A's are an afterthought, regardless of their rank in the standings. The only decent sports talk station is the Giants flagship, so since I listen to that all day, I actually know more about them than my own team.
I'm sure the Twins are much more important to your community.
Bottom line is, I was looking at Thome's stats on ESPN, and when I looked at your schedule, I thought it said @ Oakland.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

this thread is gay ass hell

stop gayin up the bar you merry gay fags
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

PNC Park is a great place to watch a game, too bad the team that plays there wasn't better. If you have any questions about the city, hit me up.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Kaufman Stadium in Kansas City is supposed to be really nice too. Of course, the Royals play there, so...
I <3 Employee.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Myjah wrote:Kaufman Stadium in Kansas City is supposed to be really nice too. Of course, the Royals play there, so...
If it was one of Jet Blue's routes, I'd be there.

Just to illustrate what I was saying about attendance/interest, here's the attendance figures from last night's Twins/A's game:

Game Information
Stadium Target Field, Minneapolis, MN
Attendance 40,681 (103% full) - % is based on regular season capacity

Last time we had full capacity at the yard was probably against the Sox in the 2003 playoffs. This was just a regular season game.

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Myjah wrote:Kaufman Stadium in Kansas City is supposed to be really nice too. Of course, the Royals play there, so...
If it was one of Jet Blue's routes, I'd be there.

Just to illustrate what I was saying about attendance/interest, here's the attendance figures from last night's Twins/A's game:

Game Information
Stadium Target Field, Minneapolis, MN
Attendance 40,681 (103% full) - % is based on regular season capacity

Last time we had full capacity at the yard was probably against the Sox in the 2003 playoffs. This was just a regular season game.

True, I was under the assumption that most everyone now considered the Coliseum the worst stadium in baseball. Tis a shame, I like the A's generally.

And very true, Twins fandom is at an all time high. Just about every game at Target Field this year has sold out. The handful that didn't were practically sold out, and the only reason they didn't sell out was because everyone was already assuming the game was sold out so didn't bother to look. Most games sell thousands of standing-room only tickets (which aren't that bad, because there are lots of standing-room only areas).

I know there is the whole "new stadium" effect, but I have some high hopes that this will last for quite awhile for the Twins. Every Wild game at the Xcel has been sold out for like three years--and Joe Mauer doesn't even play for the Wild, the Wild isn't even that good, and the Xcel isn't even a new stadium. Of course, it is hockey and this is Minnesota...

Target Field has really changed Minneapolis. The entertainment district downtown used to be dead; now it's just packed every time the Twins play, and people stick around down there too. Being from Minneapolis and having lived there most my life, it's just amazing how much things can change in just a few months. Now it's really like a legitimate city.
I <3 Employee.