NFL Week 13 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

NFL Week 13 Thread

Post by capable_keL »

Thurs. Dec 3rd
NYJ @ BUF Rogers Centre

Sunday
STL @ CHI Soldier Field
NE @ MIA Land Shark Stadium
PHI @ ATL Georgia Dome
NO @ WAS FedEx Field
TEN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium
OAK @ PIT Heinz Field
DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium
TB @ CAR Bank of America Stadium
DET @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium
HOU @ JAC Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
SD @ CLE Cleveland Browns Stadium
DAL @ NYG Giants Stadium
SF @ SEA Qwest Field

Sunday Night Football
MIN @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium

MONDAY NIGHT BABY!!!
BAL @ GB Lambeau Field
Last edited by capable_keL on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

fuck the rogers center

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

hahahahhaha @ the Browns

Rivers throws 4 TD's lets do it
UBM CD COMING SOON

DLG

Post by DLG »

if the giants lose this week I'm done with football for the year.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

DLG wrote:if the giants lose this week I'm done with football for the year.
Damn dude...Giants can be 6-9 and I'll still enjoy watching football. They are not having the greatest of seasons, however, I still have hope that they can nab a wild card spot.

I figure the NFC East will goto either Dallas or Philly (If we win both games against them then we are back in the mix...doubtful though).

Whoever dosn't win the NFC East between Dallas and Philly will get a wild card. The other teams in the mix for the 2nd wild card slot are a Packers team that has shown ups and downs, a Matt Ryan-less Falcons team, and the 49ers.

Green Bay has some tough games ahead: Baltimore, @ Chicago, @ Pitt, @ Arizona

Atlanta has Chris Redmand at QB and the Giants have the head to head tie breaker. Not to mention Michael Turner is banged up again too.

49ers believe it or not scare me the most...although they have a couple of tough matchups against Philly and Arizona coming up.

All hope is not lost my friend. Plus the Giants always play Dallas fairly well...especially Eli. He reads their pass D pretty good. Also, Eli has been in the press all week about his foot this and his foot that. Eli always seems to rise up and play well when the media is biting at his toes.

I'm looking forward to a good game on Sunday.

DLG

Post by DLG »

the defense scares me the most, chief.

when was the last time the G-men had a defense this vulnerable? Teams just marching down the field constantly like no big deal?

Spotty against the run, unable to pressure the quarterback, blitzing ineffective, I don't know, I'm not used to getting all nervous when we are up by a touchdown with two minutes left, so the defense is the biggest reasons why I'm not optimistic, I actually think the offensive is damn good and we have the best set of receivers we've had in a very long while.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

DLG wrote:the defense scares me the most, chief.

when was the last time the G-men had a defense this vulnerable? Teams just marching down the field constantly like no big deal?

Spotty against the run, unable to pressure the quarterback, blitzing ineffective, I don't know, I'm not used to getting all nervous when we are up by a touchdown with two minutes left, so the defense is the biggest reasons why I'm not optimistic, I actually think the offensive is damn good and we have the best set of receivers we've had in a very long while.
I hear ya on the D. G-Men miss Spags :owens:

Losing KP was a huge blow. Not having Pierce on the field hurts as well. He has mos def been showing his age the past year and a half, but he was the captain of the defense. They miss his leadership. Also, WTF with Canty and Rocky Bernard...These guys haven't shown up all season.

Boley has played well when not injured.

The injury bug has hit this team hard this season. Again, I still have playoff hopes. And once your in the Playoffs ANYTHING can happen (2007!). NFL is a game of momentum.

BTW - I also love the Giants passing attack. The WR core will only get better and more experienced over the next couple of seasons. I am VERY worried about B. Jacobs. His body has gotten to the point where it seems as if the hits are catching up to him...RB should be the first offensive position they address this offseason IMO.

Oh, one final thought...You want Gillbride out of NY or what? I am tired of his Mickey Mouse play calling. Fuck him and his 7 chins.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Indy about to get their 1st loss.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:I am VERY worried about B. Jacobs. His body has gotten to the point where it seems as if the hits are catching up to him...RB should be the first offensive position they address this offseason IMO.
What about Bradshaw? It seemed like he was averaging like 8 yards per carry during their early season five game winning streak. Maybe it's just a matter of feeding him the ball more often? He has yet to reach 15 carries in a game this season.

Jacobs has 730 carries in his career. Sheeeit, didn't Larry Johnson have that many carries in one season? :lol:

He'll be fine. It sounds like he's just banged up right now.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Awesome games:

PHI @ ATL Georgia Dome
TEN @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium
DAL @ NYG Giants Stadium
MIN @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium
BAL @ GB Lambeau Field

Let's hope this shit gets blacked out:

NYJ @ BUF Rogers Centre
STL @ CHI Soldier Field
NE @ MIA Land Shark Stadium
NO @ WAS FedEx Field
OAK @ PIT Heinz Field
DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium
TB @ CAR Bank of America Stadium
DET @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium
HOU @ JAC Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
SD @ CLE Cleveland Browns Stadium
SF @ SEA Qwest Field

The Wack 10
1. Cleveland Browns (1-10)
2. St. Louis Rams (1-10)
3. Tampa Bay Bucs (1-10)
4. Detroit Lions (2-9)
5. Oakland Raiders (3-8)
6. Kansas City Chiefs (3-8)
7. Washington Redskins (3-8)
8. Buffalo Bills (4-7)
9. Seattle Seahawks (4-7)
10. Chicago Bears (4-7)

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

NE Miami could be really good

NE is one of the best 4teams in the league but has played a brutal schedule, and Miami could make the AFC East race interesting with a win

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

eternalreflection wrote:NE Miami could be really good

NE is one of the best 4teams in the league but has played a brutal schedule, and Miami could make the AFC East race interesting with a win
I left the Dolphins out of it because they just allowed 24 points in a single quarter to the Buffalo Bills. That's some demoralizing shit. I mean, the Bills are in the Wack 10, for Christ's sake.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:
Oh, one final thought...You want Gillbride out of NY or what? I am tired of his Mickey Mouse play calling. Fuck him and his 7 chins.
agreed

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

THE NEWS
In addition to spouting off on quarterback Jay Cutler, injured Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher was also critical of running back Matt Forte in a recent interview, saying he is incapable of making anybody miss when he runs, according to Yahoo! Sports.
OUR VIEW
No arguments here. Among qualified running backs, his 3.3 yards per carry is not even in the top 50 in the league.
exactly what mcnabb was telling cutler; keep your pissy comments in house before the whole thing collapses

an-also

Post by an-also »

Urlacher is a fag who cant handle not being the star of the show.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

anyone ready for some thursday night football? i am going with the bills 24-17 only because mark sanchise has proven rookies are better served sitting and watching before being thrown to the wolves

i need revis to pick one off for 6
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Jets better do work tonight

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

keL wrote:anyone ready for some thursday night football? i am going with the bills 24-17 only because mark sanchise has proven rookies are better served sitting and watching before being thrown to the wolves

i need revis to pick one off for 6
Kellen Clemens fucking sucks though. What's he gonna teach him, how to throw more interceptions? If the Jets had a veteran QB then I probably agree but Clemens isn't good enough to teach anybody in the NFL how to play QB.

Sanchez is learning on the job, which has been disastrous at times this year, but you have to hope he's smart enough to learn from these mistakes. 2 biggest things he does wrong is he's careless with the ball and he tries too hard to force plays. His accuracy has been off at times as well. But all of these things are fixable and if he gets permanently flustered :pause: by these mistakes this year he doesn't belong in football anyway.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

agree for the most part. my thing is:

the first few games I saw a confident QB making plays. As of late, I am seeing a kid who is way over his head. When the Jets beat the Pats I thought the kid would take off. He has done the opposite. Not saying he wont be a very good pro.

you probably know more than I about him, so tell me if i'm wrong. I'm a Sanchez fan he just has me feelin a lil

:bunk:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Sanchez had Cotchery wide open in the end zone. I could have hit him for 6.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

keL wrote:Sanchez had Cotchery wide open in the end zone. I could have hit him for 6.
LOL @ Braylon Edwards' hands of stone.

Wide fucking open.

Has any WR fallen off so hard so fast?

14 points the Jets have left on the field thusfar.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Sanchez hasn't really gotten on a roll. He'll have a pretty good game and then follow it up with a dreadful one. He's been very up and down this season.

And I want to punch Braylon Edwards in the face, Braylon Edwards style.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

jamrage wrote:
keL wrote:Sanchez had Cotchery wide open in the end zone. I could have hit him for 6.

Wide fucking open.

i thought i was watching troy williamson the way the ball bounced off his facemask, great throw by sanchez

hope you guys like field goals

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

keL wrote:
jamrage wrote:

Wide fucking open.

i thought i was watching troy williamson the way the ball bounced off his facemask, great throw by sanchez

hope you guys like field goals
I haven't had the "pleasure" of watching the Jets in a full game since the opening game of the season when they kicked the crap out of the Texans.

This is not the same Jets team that it was then.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

terrible challenege.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Just tuned in. Saw the amazing sideline catch by Braylon Edwards where he had to go way up in the air to snag a piss-poor Mark Sanchez throw.

I didn't see the bomb that he dropped, though.

Yeah, this dude will frustrate you from time to time. He's so god damn talented, but he manages to drop some easy ones.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I love Shon Green, big bad Iowa product. He'll be a fantasy sleeper next year

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

keL wrote:I love Shon Green, big bad Iowa product. He'll be a fantasy sleeper next year
Without looking into it, is Thomas Jones gonna be a free agent? If not, Shonn is gonna be buried on the depth chart with Leon Washington back in the fold.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Uh oh, another Braylon Edwards sighting. Touchdown, yo.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

This is the kind of guy you hate one second, and love the other.

Those kind of guys aren't good for my health, so i'd appreciate it if he cut out the stupid drops.