2010 Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

The Aluminum Falcon

2010 Official Boxing Thread

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

January 23rd on HBO's Boxing After Dark is featuring two very exciting prospects going against solid opposition(don't let Mtagwa's record fool you,he recently went the distance with Lopez). Lopez is looking to replace Miguel Cotto in becoming the pride of Puerto Rico and Gamboa is trying to establish himself as the best cuban out of the very talented pack that have fled their homeland for fame and fortune. Should both Lopez and Gamboa emerge victorious it will set up a highly anticipated fight between the two.

Juan Manuel Lopez(27-0) vs. Steven Luevano(37-1-1)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X72SxxMHh3g&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X72SxxMHh3g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and

Yuriorkis Gamboa(16-0) vs. Rogers Mtagwa(26-13-2)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPFYFfDXiWI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bPFYFfDXiWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ADR

Post by ADR »

Really interested to see how Gamboa will deal with a rugged & awkward Mtagwa

The Aluminum Falcon

:icedit:

deadlink

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeZtdrRcadE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeZtdrRcadE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

PF 2010 White Power Movement

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

The Aluminum Falcon

Jayou Ayen wrote:<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeZtdrRcadE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZeZtdrRcadE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
ill ko.
PF 2010 White Power Movement
WAT?

Gamboa destroyed Mtgawa in 2 rounds, he looks like a flyweight Tyson.

*UPDATE*
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHyknkdmHjQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHyknkdmHjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KrAnUvBIh5A&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KrAnUvBIh5A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Lopez KO'd Luevano in 7 taking his belt and setting up the fight everyone wants to see.Great night of boxing.

Gamboa vs Lopez. Fuck Yes.

*UPDATE*

Bob Arum says Gamboa vs Lopez Fuck No? not yet anyway.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hRqij4PUgs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7hRqij4PUgs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The Aluminum Falcon

Bert Sugar, Freddie Roach and Paulie Malignahyghiyi weigh in on the Pacquiao blood testing fiasco.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7M_wakJ4VVk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7M_wakJ4VVk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JamesonMitchell

Post by JamesonMitchell »

Arum's trying to set up an in-house mega fight. Have Gamboa kill Chris John and Lopez possibly kill (dangerous fight) Celestino, then a showcase for both of them, then have them fight eachother. It might backfire terribly, but Chris John isn't sturdy enough or a hard enough hitter at this point to keep Gamboa off of him, and Celestino vs. Lopez is hard to call for me.

Also: fuck Malignaggi. He smiles when asked about Shane and Floyd who have both used PEDs admittedly in the past (Shane used the cream and the clear, Floyd injected his hands with a banned numbing agent) and shits on Manny Pac who is less suspicious than either Shane or Floyd in my opinion. I thought Manny was making a pretty steep cut to get to 130 and for someone cutting 10-12 lbs to get to 130, weighing 150 (I forget the pre-fight weigh in for the Cotto fight) or so before a cut to 144 doesn't seem too unreasonable naturally, over three years, now does it?

I think Paulie's trying to goad a prideful Manny Pac into a fight. Especially when he is one of the most unnatural fighters in boxing history. Case in point: Image

ADR

Post by ADR »

I can definitely see Caballero playing spoiler in all of this. Fuck it, Gamboa vs Caballero is a more interesting fight than Gamboa / Lopez anyway.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

JamesonMitchell wrote: Also: fuck Malignaggi. He smiles when asked about Shane and Floyd who have both used PEDs admittedly in the past (Shane used the cream and the clear, Floyd injected his hands with a banned numbing agent)
Is the stuff Floyd injects into his hand banned in boxing or not? I am confused about that.

The Aluminum Falcon

naturalborn103 wrote:
JamesonMitchell wrote: Also: fuck Malignaggi. He smiles when asked about Shane and Floyd who have both used PEDs admittedly in the past (Shane used the cream and the clear, Floyd injected his hands with a banned numbing agent)
Is the stuff Floyd injects into his hand banned in boxing or not? I am confused about that.
it's not in nevada, It isn't a PED either. All that it does is numb the hands and since floyd has brittle hands he uses it. Does it give him a advantage? yes but obviously not in terms of speed or power but it does give him a edge. Speaking of paulie if anyone should be using xylocaine it's that faggot because he claims his pitiful KO ratio is the result of damaged hands. I have a feeling he is just a feather fisted bitch.

JamesonMitchell

Paulie could never hit for shit. He hurt Juan Diaz a tiny bit in their second fight and couldn't capitalize because he was so shocked that he hurt him. He just kept jabbing because he didn't believe that Juan Diaz was actually hurt, just thought he was playing possum (he wasn't).

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

JamesonMitchell wrote:Paulie could never hit for shit. He hurt Juan Diaz a tiny bit in their second fight and couldn't capitalize because he was so shocked that he hurt him. He just kept jabbing because he didn't believe that Juan Diaz was actually hurt, just thought he was playing possum (he wasn't).
He didn't keep jabbing, he started taunting.. even worse.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

wait so boxers use this numbing cream b/c their hands are so fucked up beyond repair/being free of pain that they basically turn their fists into numb clumps of mangled bone/flesh?

awesome
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason wrote:wait so boxers use this numbing cream b/c their hands are so fucked up beyond repair/being free of pain that they basically turn their fists into numb clumps of mangled bone/flesh?

awesome
This is why it is the hardest sport there is.. But is not too far away from football. Those guys get cortisone shots like we take aspirin..

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Reason wrote:wait so boxers use this numbing cream b/c their hands are so fucked up beyond repair/being free of pain that they basically turn their fists into numb clumps of mangled bone/flesh?

awesome
This is why it is the hardest sport there is.. But is not too far away from football. Those guys get cortisone shots like we take aspirin..
i dunno...its' highly debateable...

imagine being an offensive lineman killing yourself and having human collisions every week?

or imagine being all alone in a ring getting your ribs broken and your knuckles broken when you swing back once every few months?

both have awfully grueling and suicide-inducing training regimens in between

me: son, you're playing basketball.
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

awesome
i dunno...its' highly debateable...

imagine being an offensive lineman killing yourself and having human collisions every week?

or imagine being all alone in a ring getting your ribs broken and your knuckles broken when you swing back once every few months?

both have awfully grueling and suicide-inducing training regimens in between

me: son, you're playing basketball.
Yea.. But end of the day to be able to go 12 rounds you have to have some of the best endurance of any sport.. And the main goal of the other guy is too knock you out. This is the only sport where the actual goal is to hurt the other guy.. IMO it goes Boxing Wrestling then Football.. but I am biased cause I wrestled..

and my son is going to do boxing and football.. but hes small as shit so he ain't going to be a lineman and the big boys aren't going to be beating his head in in boxing either..

The Aluminum Falcon

Fighting whether it be Boxing, MMA, Kick Boxing or whatever is fucked. Most pros devote months of rigorous training in preparation for a fight, studying tapes, scouting the right sparring partners, endless rounds on the pads, bags, roadwork, abs, plyometrics and other forms of exercise all while staying on diet in effort to make the lowest weight class they can fight in.

there is no new season in boxing, there are no time outs, or substitutes and the match can end instantly at any given moment. And if you think 12 rounds of constant activity is tiresome enough imagine being the recipient of a well placed body shot to the liver, solarplexus or what have you. I was doing it 6 days a week for about 3 months, I learned a lot but the first few days of training and the first couple of sparring sessions were rough. I got knocked down my first time sparring off a left hook i never saw coming and got my nose broke by a pro but after about two months when i was getting better at sparring the threw a guy in there with me that had only sparred a couple times and was a lot bigger than me.I slipped all of his punches jabbed him into the corner and fucked that dude up in the first round.

if you ever want to get in the best shape of your life,build some confidence in yourself, and learn something that everyone should learn anyways try fighting. I felt I learned enough and didn't have it in me to pursue a career in it, I might start up again this summer but you either want to be one or you don't and that shit ain't for me.

The Aluminum Falcon

no shit as soon as I finish posting that shit my trainer just called me up out of the blue and I got guilted back into to it. Back in the gym on monday.

JamesonMitchell

If you keep sparring and training you'll either get good or get knocked so stupid you don't know that you suck.

Life, right?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Aluminum Falcon, what you think about this bet?
Manny " Pac Man " Pacquiao -525
Wladimir " Steelhammer " Klitschko -800
Mikkel " Viking Warrior " Kessler -170
Floyd " Money " Mayweather -270

bet 500 make 957.46
I wanted to include the over on SSM vs. May but it won't let me.. All those seem pretty much guaranteed.

JamesonMitchell

Kessler's changing trainers and looked like shit last time out. His movement isn't good enough to completely avoid Froch's punches. Don't discount the fact that Froch could just rip his head off.

Why even put money on Wlad at -800? That's not good. Manny is -500, but I don't think he has that much of an edge on Clottey. I think it could be a close one.

Dropping 500 on that is unwise.

All these fights are tricky except for the Wlad one and you won't make any cash on that anyway.

I'd advise just putting 50 on Fast Eddie and hoping.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

JamesonMitchell wrote:Kessler's changing trainers and looked like shit last time out. His movement isn't good enough to completely avoid Froch's punches. Don't discount the fact that Froch could just rip his head off.

Why even put money on Wlad at -800? That's not good. Manny is -500, but I don't think he has that much of an edge on Clottey. I think it could be a close one.

Dropping 500 on that is unwise.

All these fights are tricky except for the Wlad one and you won't make any cash on that anyway.

I'd advise just putting 50 on Fast Eddie and hoping.
Froch is a complete bum with a lot of heart... If Kessler loses I will be very very surprised.

JamesonMitchell

Taking Kessler at -170 isn't a bad bet, actually. It's just a bit more risky than you'd think. All those bets are.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
isn't he parlaying?
Nets 2022

JamesonMitchell

That's what I thought. It's a few risky bets and Pac/Klitschko are bad value. FMJ isn't great value either.

I don't really gamble, but from my limited understanding making only like $450 on a $500 parlay like that isn't good.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

JamesonMitchell wrote:That's what I thought. It's a few risky bets and Pac/Klitschko are bad value. FMJ isn't great value either.

I don't really gamble, but from my limited understanding making only like $450 on a $500 parlay like that isn't good.
Yea, but i look at it like all of them are guaranteed except for Kesller.. So basically I am betting 500 to make 950 on Kessler beating Froch. I know SSM and Clottey aren't bums.. but if they win that might be upset of the decade. And there is no way at all that Klitschko is losing.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

is the payoff that low just because you're picking huge favorites or did you tease it (can you tease boxing matches somehow lol)
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Cause im picking huge favorites.

The Aluminum Falcon

to be honest I don't know shit about gambling on boxing, do you just pick who is going to win or do you have to be more specific?(ko,ud, rd?) I do agree with Jameson on the Kessler fight though, I was surprised at how limited he looked against Ward and although I favor him to beat Froch if one guy has the power to knock Kessler stupid it's Froch. I would not bet on that fight, it's 60/40 to me.If the pay off is good I would do it.

Pac-Man and Klitschko yes, Money vs Mosley? :shit: I have no idea but I would put $50 down to watch the PPV.

The Aluminum Falcon

want to see who many consider to be a future pound4pound champion?

watch friday night fights tonight on ESPN2 where Erislandy Lara (one of if not THE most promising of the super cubans) fights on the undercard.

**UPDATE**
Floyd Mayweather Vs. Shane Mosley agreed to and set for May 1st.