Official NFL Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Official NFL Offseason Thread

Post by capable_keL »

anquan boldin to bears, bucs?

tebow to backup p. manning?

kolb to the browns?

peppers to the packers?

bush/sharper stay with saints?

mcnabb traded?

chester taylor to the bears?

draft right around the corner

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

We got Martz! :thebest:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

ThaJim2

Re: Official NFL Offseason Thread

Post by ThaJim2 »

keL wrote:
Who the hell is floating this bullshit?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Roy Johnson wrote:We got Martz! :thebest:
i am excited. I think martz & cutler will be a potent combination. if you guys go grab boldin, add a few pieces on defense

i see 10-6, 11-5

rip gaines adams

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

ThaJim2 wrote:
keL wrote:
kel loves Tebow

but honestly does it matter who his backup is? he's the least likely starting QB to get injured and if it happens their season is over, you'd need an absolutely cupcake schedule like NE had in 08 coupled with a QB in the mid-30s or better to have a chance at being competitive when someone like him, Brady or Brees goes down

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

keL wrote:
Roy Johnson wrote:We got Martz! :thebest:
i am excited. I think martz & cutler will be a potent combination. if you guys go grab boldin, add a few pieces on defense

i see 10-6, 11-5

rip gaines adams
Well, if we got Boldin, then I'd be somewhat down with the Martz plan. You still need an offensive line for his shit to work, and we ain't got no first or second round picks (not that rookies on the OL would contribute much off the bat).

Everyone knew that Kreutz was gonna fall off at some point - I was just living in denial. Chris Williams is the only guy that I feel good about. Everyone else is mediocre to bad. They made Forte look like crap by default, but then again, Matt doesn't make anyone miss, so he deserves some of the blame.

I see hard times in the short term. God, I hope I'm wrong and we somehow manage to shore up all these weaknesses. Maybe we'll get something out of Omiyale? Putting him at guard didn't work out too well, but he is a natural tackle.

And I'm not even gonna think about the secondary, or Urlacher's old ass, or Tommie's knees, or our lack of DE depth w/ the departure of Ogunleye and the death of Gaines Adams.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

an-also

Post by an-also »

keL wrote: peppers to the packers?
National Football Post wrote: We can also scratch Green Bay as a potential home for Peppers. The Packersג€™ defensive line coach is Peppersג€™ former coach with the Panthers, Mike Trgovac. To put it conservatively, Trgovac is highly disliked by Peppers. I worked with Mike in 1999 with the Packers and found him to be a good person and coach, but Peppers feels differently. Heג€™ll steer clear of Trgovac at all costs.
Too big of a risk anyways. Stigma of taking games off and he's never played in the 3-4 before. Add that with the fact that he's looking for Hainsworth money... :megaman:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Giants Release Antonio Pierce
11th February, 2010 - 3:40 pm
ESPN - Antonio Pierce has been released by the Giants.

"I was shocked at first, but I'm not the one up there up in the office, and they said they felt they needed to go in another direction," Pierce told ESPN's Rachel Nichols on Thursday. "They said it wasn't my health, or the way I played, but just that -- that they were going in another direction. We left everything smooth and peaceful and I'm happy about that -- I felt like I said everything I needed to say to them. I've loved my time in New York and won't have anything but good feelings about being with this team."

Pierce said the reason he was in the New York area was to have a doctor look at the herniated disc in his neck that caused him to miss the final seven games of last season. He said the MRI was "very positive."

"I can't say I'm 100 percent yet, but with the season still six months away, I'm right where I need to be and I'm going to be fine," he said.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

Dallas better get a fucking Tackle in the 1st round.
Flo, you on the way OUT.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

keL wrote:anquan boldin to bears, bucs?

kolb to the browns?

peppers to the packers?

bush/sharper stay with saints?

mcnabb traded?

chester taylor to the bears?

draft right around the corner

:owens: Life Goes on, our D will be hella suspect with Pep gone. I got a feeling he may end up in New England, especially with Bellicheck and Thomas @ odds.

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Peppers to the Pack? :jiz:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

look for the seahawks to make a run at reggie bush. i can them overpaying for him

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Torry Holt to the Bears???

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Torry Holt to the Bears???
I hope not despite being a huge fan of Holt and seeing the connection. The Bears need a big receiver for Cutler.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

eternalreflection wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:
keL wrote:
kel loves Tebow

but honestly does it matter who his backup is? he's the least likely starting QB to get injured and if it happens their season is over, you'd need an absolutely cupcake schedule like NE had in 08 coupled with a QB in the mid-30s or better to have a chance at being competitive when someone like him, Brady or Brees goes down
But, Indy? Of all the NFL teams Indy seems to be about the worst fit for Tebow. The colts are quick reads, option routes for receivers, and plenty of deep outs all things that play to the weakness of tebow.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Green Bay ain't paying Peppers was his bitch ass wants.

Draft: Either Jahvid Best or Taylor Mays or whatever tackle is left in the 1st. Line depth in the later rounds.

Free Agency: Back-Up QB. Tons of decent RBs out there. Offensive Line depth. OLB.

an-also

Post by an-also »

blastmaster wrote: Draft: Either Jahvid Best or Taylor Mays or whatever tackle is left in the 1st. Line depth in the later rounds.
We already have a hard hitting safety who sucks in coverage in Bigby. Drafting a Tackle with the first should be our first priority.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

an-also wrote:
blastmaster wrote: Draft: Either Jahvid Best or Taylor Mays or whatever tackle is left in the 1st. Line depth in the later rounds.
We already have a hard hitting safety who sucks in coverage in Bigby. Drafting a Tackle with the first should be our first priority.
Have you seen Taylor's arms!?!?!?!?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:bunk:

i dont love tebow. i would trade for a late round second and have an elite qb coach work with him to redo his technique and call plays for his few, excellent, skill sets and hope to change his obvious mechanical issues.

i know it's fashionable to hate on him because he's a total fag

football wise, i dont get some of the extreme hate

sallimsayin

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

an-also wrote:
I swear Bigby ain't that bad....

But yeah, offensive line should be top priority after the season they had. I'm tired of seeing #12 on the floor. :cry:

an-also

Post by an-also »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JdTP4_Tpa9I&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JdTP4_Tpa9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
:err: :err: :err: :err: :wtf:

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

I don't have any sound right now, what does she say??????

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Sumthin_Funky wrote:I don't have any sound right now, what does she say??????
she thought he had a smudge on his face, it was his birthmark.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i thought he had his pudding stain removed via laser surgury?

an-also

Post by an-also »

Packers apparently offering the chargers Ryan Grant for Cromartie and a 2nd or 3rd pick. Chargers want to give up a 5th

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

an-also wrote:Packers apparently offering the chargers Ryan Grant for Cromartie and a 2nd or 3rd pick. Chargers want to give up a 5th
Can't see it. I also don't think we need to get all d-back happy this offseason like everyone else. Pat Lee has a ton of potential. Clark, Ford and Underwood all deserve shots too. I would let the young guys get healthy and see what we have next season before blowing loads on CBs...

I suppose a willingness to trade Grant, which I would be fine with, means that Ted is looking for a running back in the first round, which I would also be fine with.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

keL wrote::bunk:

i dont love tebow. i would trade for a late round second and have an elite qb coach work with him to redo his technique and call plays for his few, excellent, skill sets and hope to change his obvious mechanical issues.

sallimsayin
you love him or grossly underrate how important 2nd round picks are to maintaining a quality team, its not the NBA you can't throw them away and expect to stay elite

you've moved away from 1st round at least but he's not a NFL level QB

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

eternalreflection wrote:
keL wrote::bunk:

sallimsayin
you love him or grossly underrate how important 2nd round picks are to maintaining a quality team, its not the NBA you can't throw them away and expect to stay elite

you've moved away from 1st round at least but he's not a NFL level QB
i'm not grossly anything. why would i underrate second round picks when they have recently produced a stud starting RT and a pro bowl WR for your fav team?

i'll tell you one more time: tebow can have success if he is in the right system and has an elite QB coach re work his mechanics. imho. when aaron rodgers came to the nfl he held the ball completely different, his wind up and throwing mechanics were changed. it can be done, has been done.

if this means i love him, then go with it. i dont really give a fuck

now:

for some actual legit, plausible packer news:
Court date postponed for Johnny Jolly
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 19, 2010 9:22 AM ET
Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly was due in a Texas court Thursday on a felony charge of possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, but his court date was postponed until March 8.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette writes that the new date -- requested by Jolly's attorney -- means the Packers "will have to apply his tender as a restricted free agent without knowing the outcome or whether he'll be suspended the first four games next season."

It's surely true that the Packers would prefer to know the outcome of Jolly's case before they decide how to proceed in free agency, but it's not true that they "have to" do anything. If they're concerned about his legal status, the Packers are free to move on without him and let him shop his services to 31 other teams.

The Press Gazette also writes, "If Jolly is found guilty, it's a given he'll be suspended the first four games of next season for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy." That's not necessarily true, either; NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell would make that determination at a later date.

But it is true that Jolly, who is charged with possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, could be facing an NFL suspension and prison time. In December, Jolly said, "I don't worry about nothing. I've got God on my side."

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

an-also wrote:Packers apparently offering the chargers Ryan Grant for Cromartie and a 2nd or 3rd pick. Chargers want to give up a 5th
Holly fuck that is a raping.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

keL wrote:
i'm not grossly anything. why would i underrate second round picks when they have recently produced a stud starting RT and a pro bowl WR for your fav team?

i'll tell you one more time: tebow can have success if he is in the right system and has an elite QB coach re work his mechanics. imho. when aaron rodgers came to the nfl he held the ball completely different, his wind up and throwing mechanics were changed. it can be done, has been done.

if this means i love him, then go with it. i dont really give a fuck

What makes you think that a QB coach can rework his mechanics and his decision makeing and well him? The cat is going to give Vince Young a run at his wonderlic score. He had a QB coach brought in specifically to help him become NFL ready and if anything regressed mechanically. Rogers at least was pretty smart and had an NFL arm and his mechanics where no where near as bad as Tebows is right now.