Prospects

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

wheels

Re: Prospects

Post by wheels »

Woke up this morning and wanted to watch the telecast from last night. Holy shit was it bad. Jalen and Jay Williams were just babbling unchecked about whatever they felt like, huh? Goddamn. Really glad I paid my money to go see it

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

wtf maybe i posted this in another thread or sth? or it got lost on my phone? i dunno but i spent like a paragraph sucking your dick, wheels. that and i wanted to say that i read that wiggins is supposed to be unlike lebron in terms of dream-team-teaming-up type behavior so if i had to guess i'm gonna go with you and say he goes to kansas and maybe the dark horse unc

according to yahoo wiggins has officially visited kansas so far and that's it. i know from reading about stories about kansas that they are amazing at recruiting on campus visits. like for chris webber (or was it juwan howard) they made a kansas jersey with his name on it then ran a mock-highlight video in which the student body and the arena announcer were chanting his name and shit
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

fwiw, wichita state's own nick wiggins (andrew's older bro obviously) said he doesn't think UK is a good fit and that his parents lean towards fla state since it's their alma mater

he'll be dressing blue for sure imo
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Reason wrote:wtf maybe i posted this in another thread or sth? or it got lost on my phone? i dunno but i spent like a paragraph sucking your dick, wheels.
It's the thought that counts, I appreciate.
Reason wrote:that and i wanted to say that i read that wiggins is supposed to be unlike lebron in terms of dream-team-teaming-up type behavior so if i had to guess i'm gonna go with you and say he goes to kansas and maybe the dark horse unc

according to yahoo wiggins has officially visited kansas so far and that's it. i know from reading about stories about kansas that they are amazing at recruiting on campus visits. like for chris webber (or was it juwan howard) they made a kansas jersey with his name on it then ran a mock-highlight video in which the student body and the arena announcer were chanting his name and shit
It's all speculation at this point, but I'm going to flat refuse to look at things objectively and just assume he's coming over. It's kind of my thing.

You and Breeze need to help me out with the class of 2014. I feel like I've spent three years on this class between Parker, Noel before he reclassed, and now Wiggins. I know almost nothing about next year's guys.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

wheels wrote: You and Breeze need to help me out with the class of 2014. I feel like I've spent three years on this class between Parker, Noel before he reclassed, and now Wiggins. I know almost nothing about next year's guys.

i don't know as much about as many players but i know more about two or three players specifically

like i'm huge on jahlil okafor. he plays for a perennial high school powerhouse (whitney young) against good comp, he has nba size though not nba conditioning (he's pretty soft around the edges if you know what i mean), but most of all he has super elite touch around the basket. he'll score a lot of points for the rest of his collective career. he's not a freak athlete though. but he's got like a young man's version of a tim duncan game. there are the usual stupid highlight vids of just a bunch of spliced together dunks and stuff, but i'd refer you to his whitney young vs simeon highlights you can find on youtube. it's an amalgam of highlights of several players (simeon's point guard is NICE) but watch okafor, his post moves obliterate jabari parker first 1 v 1 then when jabari is a help defender still couldnt' do shit against him. his body is fucking wide as hell

i also know about karl towns jr, legit 7 foot plus, but he is raw as fuuuuuck.

the top point guards i know are tyus jones and emmanuel mudiay. and there's a nasty zach randolph/tim duncan hybrid in trey lyles too but he's not near ncaa conditioning right now.

another thing about okafor is that he has quick feet and awesome hands. i think he'll be a bigger, stronger version of zach randolph (without headcase issues) when it's all said and done
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

btw though, the next freak once-in-a-generation guy won't be available till 2016 though.

harry giles. he's 6'9 freshman who does guard dribbling drills like a super-skilled point guard but has athleticism that leads to ridiculous dunks and blocks, and he trains like the most motivated motherfucker and has elite resources. just watching him workout alone is awe-inspiring as you realize HE IS ONLY FOURTEEN. sure he has room for improvement. his shot takes a little bit of time and is a little too deliberate. he relies on height more than leaping just yet. and he's not fully coordinated into all that body. but he is already doing reverse 360's like nothing and hitting 22 footers with relative ease so shit if he improves a lot he'll be otherwordly

:icedit: here's my favorite harry giles vid. only the middle few minutes is watchable to warn you but what's the point of watching him against inferior competition and a bunch of guys half his size anyway lol, just wacthing him work out gives me shivers

Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

I should have qualified that by saying 'except the Chicago guys and Kentucky recruits' so that's Okafor and Towns respectively, but I do appreciate the reply. Never too early

There's a kid at Curie named Alexander, I've heard disparaging things about his game but it's really hard to tell if people around here know what they're talking about or just talking shit about their rival high school from 15 years ago. Most of the people I talk to are whitney young alumni.

Speaking of WY that team is going to be nasty this year. It's nice for me when they're the hot team in the city because they're just down the street as opposed to Simeon which is basically an hour away.
Last edited by wheels on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

duh i totally forgot in that post's moment that you are a chicagoan
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

My five cents on Mudiay. I've seen him play as a sophomore and twice this year as a junior. He wasn't even supposed to play this year because he and several others were ineligible after transferring to Prime Prep, which is the charter school ran by Deion Sanders. The state of Texas denied them at first because they claimed they were going to the school for sports related reasons. Duh. Guess they overturned the ruling, because I got to see him play recently.

He's nice. Poised and quick when he has to be. Elite size for the PG position too. UK has offered. Since Coach Cal likes to run his dribble drive offense with a top PG, look for UK to be heavy in his recruitment.

I'm hearing that Jones and Okafor want to play together in college. UK may have a logjam at center. Towns is already a verbal there and has played for Cal on the Dominican National team. Dakari Johnson most likely won't be one and done. With that said, I can't likely say that Okafor will be at UK next year. However, before Johnson reclassified, he was rated lower than Okafor and even got the lesser of the match up when the faced each other in AAU games.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i can't remember the last time a high school big had this combination of hands, size, and quick feet and already a semblance of a post game with an array of moves...not surprised at all that he outplayed dakari head to head
Nets 2022

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

sorry if :lastweek: kids insane though. 14 y/o

http://www.wimp.com/dominatesbasketball/

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

siLLy KiD wrote:sorry if :lastweek: kids insane though. 14 y/o

http://www.wimp.com/dominatesbasketball/
seventh is really impressive. not harry giles' level though b/c you're talking about a 6'2 guy vs a 6'9 guy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 45885.html
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Looks like Reason's mancrush is D-O-N-E. :owens:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/dave-te ... nee-injury

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Big Breeze wrote:Looks like Reason's mancrush is D-O-N-E. :owens:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/dave-te ... nee-injury

fuck this. now i gotta change my sig and shit

on a srs note. this is is really sad. it could affect him forever. he's young and he'll probably heal up enough to be okay but this is like hooop dreams william gates' knee injury and shit
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

so dwyane wade's son, zaire wade, is now ranked as one of the very top point guards of his class....he's in 5th grade lol
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Ranking 5th graders is a little obsessive but I get why they do it.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

and its Wade's son, that's gotta matter for something. they just said on the draft broadcast that this was like the 12th year in a row where a son of a former nba player was drafted.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

ESPN3 has picked up the FIBA U-19 World Championships Quarters, Semis and Final Friday-Sunday.
Read Okafor has been killing it, excited to see some of these guys play.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

alberto tirado. this kid is 18. was signed at 16 or 17 as an INTL FA from dominican republic...something about him...i really think he's gonna be great...this is random of me i guess (he's only pitched rookie ball so far)

Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

naturalborn103 wrote:
This kid is disgusting.
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/7/11/45097 ... ew-wiggins
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... ft-nerddom

If you have watch espn then try to watch replay of Australia's games in the FIBA tournament last week. If he enters draft I am guaranteeing he is picked in top 7. Would be top 5 easy any other draft, but this one is ridiculous.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Dante Exum is nice, natty. Saw him play in the Nike Hoops Summit this year. He was the 6th man and he showed the potential that has been talked about in the articles posted.

Another name to remember from Exum's country is someone else that has a similar lineage. The prospect's name is Ben Simmons. He's going to be a junior at Monteverde Academy in Florida in the fall. He's a 6-9 hybrid forward. He joined the team late last year from Australia and played briefly with Kasey Hill of Florida and Dakari Johnson of Kentucky. I saw them all play this past April. Simmons was impressive in his short appearances in the lineup.

Btw, Simmons is the #3 junior in the country too.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) tweeted at 10:18 AM on Sat, Jul 13, 2013:
Respected NBA executive of 20-years plus tells me that Chicago's Jahlil Okafor is the most skilled high school center he's ever scouted.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

chicago high school basketball...just fantastic over the years

anyway finally got around to letting yall introduce me to dante exum. really intriguing cat! and australia's track record isn't half bad with nba players/olympic comp...from the videos i've pieced together of him he reminds me of young paul pierce
Nets 2022

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

A schoolboy from California will join the Real Madrid academy programme later this year, becoming the first American ever to do so.

Joshua Pynadath, 11, shone in a trial in Madrid earlier this year, with the club swiftly inviting him back.

Now the Los Altos Hills youngster and his family will move to Madrid at the end of August, enabling him to spend a year with Real's Alevin A team.

Joshua, whose favourite player is Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo - a man whose career he wants to emulate - told the Los Altos Town Crier: "I was blown away when I got the official news from Real Madrid.

"They told me that I was the first American that they have ever accepted into their academy. I told them that I would set a good example."

He had been drawn to Real's attention a year ago, when scouts saw a video of him playing for his local De Anza Force Soccer Club and were so impressed by his skills that they invited him to train in Spain for a week.

That went so well that he returned for the second trial – having also had a short trial with Barcelona – and he said: "The Real Madrid academy team and coaches seemed very excited to have me back - it was like I had never left.

"Both trials were very serious, as kids are fighting to either keep a spot or to earn a spot. It was a very good feeling to be able to play well against this top competition, since the level and speed of play over there is amazing."

alpha

Post by alpha »

Figures, Los altos hill is like the Beverly Hills of the Bay Area.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Yep, not surprise at all to see a prospect come from an affluent family. Soccer is a "pay to play" sport at the youth level.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

excited about vj king, dude looks like an nba scorer already, and happy to see harry giles is healthy, he doesn't look like he has lost much explosion and his frame is filling out, he looks much more solid physically, and all his skills are a bit more refined and they were already at a far advanced rate to begin with when he was a freshman
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

also i wonder

whom will be the better nba player:

tyler ennis

or

tyus jones

:killacam:

i know tyus has one of the most advanced/brilliant MINDS of any point guard prospect in a long time, maybe since cp3

but tyler has a slightly more projectible nba body/physicality and isn't a slacker mentally himself
Nets 2022