Prospects

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Big Breeze

Re: Prospects

Post by Big Breeze »

Reason wrote:also i wonder

whom will be the better nba player:

tyler ennis

or

tyus jones

:killacam:

i know tyus has one of the most advanced/brilliant MINDS of any point guard prospect in a long time, maybe since cp3

but tyler has a slightly more projectible nba body/physicality and isn't a slacker mentally himself

Not too enamored about Tyler Ennis coming into the league. I think he's barely an average NBA athlete, but does pass the basketball high IQ test. I don't see him as longtime NBA starter. He could be a serviceable backup that could possibly get a second contract.

Tyus Jones? I'd have to wait and see. I've seen him play travel ball, with his high school team, and in the McDonald's All-American game. Let me see how he does with Duke. Strong possibility he'll push Quinn Cook for playing time at the point.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
word

Jordan Brand High School game on espn2 right now

alexander looks like an absolute unstoppable offensive monster

and this

Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

sig
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

Thon Maker tho.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

alpha wrote:Thon Maker tho.
he is too good to be true though right? i mean he isn't fair. he sonned labissiere in aau games. every now and then, albeit against questionable defenders, he exhibits fluid KD-like moves

at this point i am avoiding gushing over him simply because i cannot fathom that his body won't snap in half on some kevin ware/livingston/george shit. he hasn't even shown health issues, i am just that flabbergasted by him at this point.

i miss big breeze. :-( i want him to confirm my early analyses on the incoming big men next year

ill open it to anyone who cares or has enough knowledge of these guys to do the following:

rank dakari, towns, turner, kaminsky, okafor, cauley-stein
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

1. myles turner

most draft boards rank him well below okafor and towns but they don't have my eye :-p

2. karl towns jr

not puting him near dmc's level but he is the closest high school big man prospect i have seen to demarcus cousins

3. johnson

his ceiling is great and obtainable: andrew bynum without mental issues

4. kaminsky

UBW (underrated because white)

his effectiveness in the league will be largely determined by coaching (in terms of what role he will be asked to fill) but in a vaccuum u r talking about a guy who finished at a 62.2% clip at the rim while also shooting like 38% from (college) three point range. However dont let pure numbers without context deceive you. he will not finish at the rim like that in the nba. he has average length and limited athleticism. but shooting? oh my god his stroke is perfect! he is gonna be some bizarro combo of bargnani and bogut (i swear i didnt mean to compare him to two non-black players lol)

5. okafor

for me lack of superior athleticism and lack of lateral quickness knocks him off the pedestal he has occupied for a couple years now, jury's out on him but i dont project him too highly

6. cauley-stein

poor man's tyson chandler? channing frye with 2 point range instead of 3 point range but a lot more revounding and defense? jury's out
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Reason wrote:6. cauley-stein

poor man's tyson chandler? channing frye with 2 point range instead of 3 point range but a lot more revounding and defense? jury's out
Javale McGee

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

So, like, not Channing Frye at all?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:

So, like, not Channing Frye at all?
haha, touche, i'll stick with the poor man's tyson
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:

Javale McGee

PEACE
less athletic, less long, smarter mcgee? hmmm
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Reason wrote:
alpha wrote:Thon Maker tho.
he is too good to be true though right? i mean he isn't fair. he sonned labissiere in aau games. every now and then, albeit against questionable defenders, he exhibits fluid KD-like moves

at this point i am avoiding gushing over him simply because i cannot fathom that his body won't snap in half on some kevin ware/livingston/george shit. he hasn't even shown health issues, i am just that flabbergasted by him at this point.

i miss big breeze. :-( i want him to confirm my early analyses on the incoming big men next year

ill open it to anyone who cares or has enough knowledge of these guys to do the following:

rank dakari, towns, turner, kaminsky, okafor, cauley-stein
This is a layman's view:

Dakari is a lot like Noel, with a glaring lack of an offensive game. He dropped some weight, and I guess he's shooting a bit better, but nobody is going to take the guy if they need a starter unless he makes significant improvements on the offensive end. Good PF prospect otherwise.

Towns? Might be a bit early to say. He will probably go pro after this year because of the 'weak' draft class. Relatively well rounded game for a teenager, and it looks like he could put on a bit of weight without sacrificing much.

Willie needs to gain weight to be competitive at the next level. That's not my opinion, just something I regurgitated that I happen to agree with. Decent offensive game and good on defense for a college guy.

Kaminsky is slow as fuck. With a 24 second shot clock he might not get to the 3 point line in time to shoot. I agree that he won't be nearly as effective near the rim. That said, he seems like a guy that will hang around the league for 15 years, probably playing for 10 different teams.

My sample size for Okafor is very small, but he'll have a lot of success in the NBA. He might not be the biggest/fastest/strongest but he'll be valuable to somebody for a long time.

Can't speak on Turner

wheels

Post by wheels »

Did anyone catch Carlton Bragg say he was going to Kentucky as he was putting on a Kansas hat?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

http://youtu.be/8W6umEh9wFY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

droooooling
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

Javale McGee

PEACE
that's a great comparison. i brought up tyson chandler a year ago.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Reason wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

Javale McGee

PEACE
that's a great comparison. i brought up tyson chandler a year ago.
yo honestly at this point i wouldn't put it past wcs to learn how to shoot a la ibaka
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Who's on the radar in Chicago right now? I've been out of the game for a while, been having kids and doing other shit that doesn't involve obsessing about basketball.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

well i assume you know about charles matthews since he committed/signed to kentucky in november, he's a slick shooting guard, one of those sneaky awesome signings by calipari where he gets someone who will probably have to stay 3 years to get his full nba value

you were bound for a let down after last year's INCREDIBLE crop of okafor/ulis/alexander and the recent memory of the jabari before that

the only other guy i know off the top of my head that is "chitown" but really i'm probably wrong and he's just near chicago in illinois somewhere is jalen brunson, and i know of him because of the MANY trivial things i am obsessed with or at least follow in basketball is nba lineage, and jalen brunson is rick brunson's son, and he's the highest ranked guy out of Illinois, i know that his game is polished and that he's a pure point is not just fitting narrative but actually true, and also important, he's a lefty...he's gonna be a very solid pg in the ncaa, no comment on his nba future gotta see and wait, he's gonna be starting at villanova within a year or two though

yo btw, wheels, congrats on the skal signing, lol at replacing willie cauley-stein with a longer, better shooting (though less impactful on defense or finishing inside or rebounding) version of him
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

Maker reclassified for 2015

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

worried about his body type and his relative trouble with bigger-wide and stronger guys when they body him, but he can be the next great to revolutionize basketball if he stays healthy and can add some bulk
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

JAYLEN BROWN JAYLEN BROWN JAYLEN BROWN
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i've seen the future of the spin move and it's owned by derryck thornton jr., holy fuck

Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Giles and Tatum are coming over to the dark side. You can see it on their faces, Calipari has brainwashed them real good.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Never mind!

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

the dark side is Duke man, you gotta get that right. Killa Cal is hated but compared to Coach K and Duke he's beloved...

Giles is going to Duke and Skal's lack of reputable education is gonna land him overseas instead of in Lexington.

and Thon Maker is so damn frail. he needs to add weight in the worst way. the lack of direction in his game aside from trying to be the next Kevin Durant is sad. he needs to bulk up, play PF and figure out his role in a structured offense. it's gonna a humbling experience for him whether he plays D1 or goes overseas...

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

dredscott dropping bombs and throwing haymakers
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

I don't think 'the dark side' should be limited to one team, but everybody's got their own set of rivals. I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but probably not as much as if I went to UNC

Plus I don't really consider that to be a bad thing in the world of college ball

I agree that Reach Your Dreams Prep seems shady as fuck

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

wheels wrote:I don't think 'the dark side' should be limited to one team, but everybody's got their own set of rivals. I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but probably not as much as if I went to UNC

Plus I don't really consider that to be a bad thing in the world of college ball

I agree that Reach Your Dreams Prep seems shady as fuck

True, cause Cal and WWW have their share of haters but it seems like alotta people are kinda apathetic towards Kentucky b-ball and Calipari whereas when it comes to Duke, you're either a fan or you fuckin hate them. no inbetween thus I figure they are the "dark side/evil empire" to most just like the yankees are to baseball and the cowboys to football.

And I've been hearing that Thon has been showing out lately but I until I see him play consistent in a non-aau environment, i'm still not sold...I also been hearing that Josh Jackson is also gonna have the same issues as Skal with his transcripts, but who knows.

reason, do you think that Frank Jackson is gonna take his mormon mission? jabari was saying the same shit a few years ago and we all know that ship has long sailed...

and UNC is also in a sad state when you got legacy recruits like jalek felton questioning their commitment to a school that for the last 2 decades was able to cherry pick 5 star players just off it's name and MJ.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
i don't think it's even a doubt that he goes on his mission, he basically idolizes haws and byu and being lds

basically coach k is the real devil and makes kids skip missions :ohsh:

:icedit: found the article where frank talks about it way back in sophomore year of high school:

“They also showed me a video of Tyler Haws, who went on a mission. I’m LDS so it had an impact on me,” Frank Jackson said. “It showed that you could serve a mission and come back strong. I want to serve a full-time mission and do what Tyler has done.”

http://utahvalley360.com/2014/01/02/col ... chose-byu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i just read all 11 pages of this thread because why not

and we were all fooled by austin rivers

and i have apparently been riding andrew wiggins' dick since 2011, i had no idea our bond was so strong for so long
Nets 2022

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

frank jax announcing tomorrow, it's between duke and stansbury (saved by the bell ref. that y'all should get) but it's damn near a lock he heads to durham...

man if frank jax joins tatum and then giles comes along with bolden....ooohweeeeeee. can't fuck with that class. nope. killa cal even would be like "damn".