Prospects

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/b ... aaf-263445

James Wilder Jr., blue-chip spawn of the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers workhorse and owner of what must be the most impressive highlight reel in the entire 2011 recruiting class, politely requested the attention of recruitniks Wednesday for a humble announcement regarding the future destination of his coveted versatility and harem of toga-clad, grape-feeding groupies: He's going to Florida State. Seminole fans are granted permission to flip way the heck out, for a period not to exceed 60 seconds. (We are still talking about a high school senior here.)

Georgia fans may be flipping out, too, though for a different reason after reports Tuesday that Wilder, Rivals' No. 3 overall prospect nationally and No. 1 running back, was planning to commit to the Bulldogs ג€“ an upset in itself, given the longstanding assumption that he'd be taking his 6-foot-2, 220-pound frame to Florida. Wilder should brace himself for Bulldog and Gator fans' vitriolic Facebook messages instead, unless/until he decommits from FSU in favor of one or both of the SEC schools at any point between now and signing day in February, in which case they plan to immediately absolve him of all sins while 'Nole fans start chucking the digital spears.

[Rankings: The preseason top 25]

Top-ranked safety Karlos Williams committed back in February. Wilder could be considered the top linebacker or the top running back in next year's incoming class, though he reportedly wants to keep the ball in his hands; he projects as a punishing, destructive force of nature either way. Without a doubt, a coup for Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher.

HUGE LAND FOR FSU!

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

I think Wilder will be a great Sam LB who just kills RB's on blitz pick up. He wants to play offense but i just don't see him having the tools to be successful there at the next level. Put this manchild on D and watch him wreak havoc.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Tampa Plant Vs Bradenton Manatee is on ESPN right now.

Some talented players playing in this game including Wilder Jr.
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

Prophecy wrote:Tampa Plant Vs Bradenton Manatee is on ESPN right now.

Some talented players playing in this game including Wilder Jr.
:cheers:

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Pompey and Blakely both looked great last night while Wilder was a bit underwhelming. Didn't like seeing Ely go down to an injury hopefully everythings good with the kid.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

pompey is that 6'3 265 kid in high school...fucking hell ...

or that 6'8 offensive lineman on the plant team.

it sucks that the plant qb got hurt.
--------------------------------------------------

in high school basketball related news:

http://www.ballislife.com/video/austin- ... ss-up-john

austin rivers crossing up john wall, can't get it to embed.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Nl5H wrote:pompey is that 6'3 265 kid in high school...fucking hell ...

or that 6'8 offensive lineman on the plant team.

it sucks that the plant qb got hurt.
--------------------------------------------------

in high school basketball related news:

http://www.ballislife.com/video/austin- ... ss-up-john

austin rivers crossing up john wall, can't get it to embed.
Yeah Posada is a stud and recently verbaled to Michigan. Pompey was in full beast mode last night.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Pompey got a Penn State offer this week

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

god let the jets get this guy somehow:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7PONgX2xXDk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7PONgX2xXDk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Shooting guard Austin Rivers, the No. 1-ranked player in the recruiting class of 2011, has committed to Duke, according to his high school coach.

Rivers, who at one time was committed to Florida, is a highly sought-after playmaker from Winter Park, Fla. He revealed his college plans Thursday, Winter Park coach David Bailey said.

Rivers broke the news to Kansas coach Bill Self and North Carolina's Roy Williams, the coaches of two of Rivers' top three choices, on Thursday morning. Rivers canceled the remainder of his campus visits, including one he was planning to take to North Carolina this weekend.

"He picked Duke because of [Mike Krzyzewski] and his staff," Bailey said. "There is a ton of tradition at Duke, and it was the best place for him from a basketball and academic standpoint."

The 6-foot-4, 189-pound Rivers could have an immediate impact once he gets to Cameron in Duke's up-tempo, fast-breaking style of play. He is a prolific scorer, has range out to 28 feet and an excellent mid-range game. He uses the jab-step as well as seasoned pros, can finish through contact when attacking the basket and has the best NBA-level floater over bigs of any player in the high school or college ranks.

When teams adjust to try to stop Rivers, he is able to easily convert into a playmaker for his teammates using his vision and passing skills.

Duke already has the No. 7-ranked class in the country, led by ESPNU 100 shooting guard Michael Gbinije (Chester, Va./Benedictine), but by landing Rivers the Blue Devils are sure to at least jump into the top five.
What a bitch.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Why?

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

he's not christ.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

If I had a son who was nice at ball I would want him to go to Duke. Very very high graduation rate for such a competitive school and you really learn how to play ball. Although it might just be that they dont take risks on people coming into the school, the % of retards and drama queens coming out of that school's basketball program is very small compared to most.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Fuck that give me the scandal plagued one and done recruiting factory with a slimeball head coach any day.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lebron james : lenny cooke :: tyreke evans : demetrius nichols
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Reason wrote:lebron james : lenny cooke :: tyreke evans : demetrius nichols
"The Education of Demetrius Walker"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

I started to read what you are trying to say at the dentist's office yesterday and finished it up online at the crib. Great excerpt.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

my bad wrong last name i'm a dumb stoner sometimes

but word yo.

reminds me i need to make a fuckin dentist's appt. haven't been in like 2 years

:megaman:
Nets 2022

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I knew Kyrie Irving was good, I just didn't know he was this good.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Andrew Wiggins: Canada's great basketball hope
Dad was an NBAer, mom an Olympic sprinter
By MIKE GANTER, TORONTO SUN
Last Updated: December 8, 2010 6:14pm
Story
Comments
Email StoryPrintSize A A AReport Typo
NEW YORK ג€” You are 15 years old and you can google yourself and see words like ג€œThe Great Canadian Hopeג€ and ג€œHoops prodigyג€ next to your name.

Your name is Andrew Wiggins. You are still in high school. You canג€™t legally drive a car, yet newspapers and internet sites have been praising your abilities on the basketball court for years already.

How do you not get a swelled head?

Ask his even more famous father that question and Mitch Wiggins has an easy answer.

ג€œHeג€™s not even the best player in his family yet,ג€ Wiggins, a veteran of six years in the NBA said recently.

And the father isnג€™t even referring to himself. Heג€™s talking about older brothers Mitch Jr. and Nick who not only routinely beat their younger, more famous brother on the hardwood but donג€™t mind keeping him honest off the court in ways in which only older brothers are adept and comfortable.

Mitch Wiggins, the father, has an extensive international basketball resume in addition to his half dozen years in the NBA and while he admits a certain degree of bias when it comes to his own son, he doesnג€™t consider the hype unwarranted.

ג€œAndrew athletically and talent wise, even if he wasnג€™t my son, I would say heג€™s as good as it gets right now,ג€ Mitch Wiggins offered.

Youג€™re not going to get a disagreement from Leo Rautins, head coach of the Canadian senior menג€™s team and a guy who could have Wiggins on his roster in the very near future.

ג€œHeג€™s as good as anybody in North America at that age,ג€ Rautins said matter-of-factly. ג€œHeג€™s got a great body, No. 1. Very gifted athletically and heג€™s got a nice feel for the game instinctively. I still say heג€™s raw. Heג€™s not even scratching the surface yet. But instinctively he does a lot of things very well.

ג€œWhen Vince Carter first started with the Raptors, John Saunders (broadcast partner) and I would watch him and at least once a game one of us would ask the other: ג€˜He didnג€™t just do that, did he?ג€™ Andrew is like that. Heג€™ll do things and you find yourself saying, ג€˜Are you serious? Did he do that?ג€™ג€

What makes Rautins less guarded than he would normally be when talking about a potential future great Canadian basketball player is the knowledge that not only is Wiggins supremely talented, heג€™s surrounded by people looking out for his best interests.

ג€œWe know his dad isnג€™t going to let him get comfortable,ג€ Rautins said. ג€œA lot of kids donג€™t have that support system with somebody in their corner that knows the game, knows how it works.ג€

In fact, Wiggins is doubly blessed in the athletic department with a former NBA player for a father and a former national team sprinter for a mom. Marita Payne-Wiggins competed in three Olympics for Canada and won two silver medals. Between the two of them there is very little they have not experienced that their son may one day have to deal with.

For now, Wiggins is attending Vaughan Secondary where his brothers went, playing on the high school team while working with his dad and members of the Canada Basketball coaching family as he hones his craft.

There has been no firm decision about heading south to a prep school, but that has certainly been discussed.

Wiggins himself says it will likely happen sooner than later.

His dad knows it too. ג€œI donג€™t know if he will be back in Canada,ג€ Mitch Wiggins said. ג€œWeג€™ve had the top of the top prep schools calling since the (under-17) world championship. The top colleges are calling. Weג€™re going to take our time and make the right decision.ג€

Wiggins and the Canadian cadet team put Canada back on the international basketball map this summer, winning a bronze medal at the under-17s in Hamburg, Germany.

Wiggins enjoyed the experience so much he wants another taste this summer. He could play for Canada at the FIBA Americas under-16 championship for men in Mexico in June or the under-19 worlds in Latvia in July. Or compete in both. At this point no one is ruling out anything including playing for the senior menג€™s national team as they head to Mar del Plata, Argentina this summer and attempt to qualify for the 2012 Olympics in London.

ג€œHe wants the top competition,ג€ Mitch Wiggins said. ג€œHe wants it. Heג€™s hungry for it. He wants to be one of the best players to ever come from Canada.ג€

At 6-foot-8 and still growing, Andrew Wiggins is comfortable playing three of the five positions on the court. His dad, who has always instructed his boys to train ג€œlike they were little guys and work on their little man skillsג€, says what position his son plays is really irrelevant.

ג€œAndrew to me is like LeBron (James) or Michael (Jordan),ג€ Mitch Wiggins said. ג€œYou donג€™t put him in a position. You just put him on the court because heג€™s a player. He can play the 1, the 2, or the 3. He can defend any of those positions, he rebounds like a big man, handles the ball like a guard. Heג€™s 6-foot-8 with a seven-foot wingspan. And he has a basketball IQ.ג€

Rautins adds he has all that and another quality the best athletes in the world have ג€” a love of competition.

ג€œHeג€™s kind of a laid-back kid but heג€™s got that fire,ג€ Rautins said. ג€œWeג€™ve had some workouts with older guys and he just picks them up, gets right into them. Heג€™s not afraid. Heג€™ll go in and he doesnג€™t care if there is a big guy in the way. Heג€™s going to dunk on him. He has a real good competitive side.ג€

Andrew Wiggins is not there yet. As his father points out, there is still plenty to learn and improve upon. But with the talent base he possesses, the advantage of having two former high-level athletes as parents, and the support group that goes with that, Wiggins is well on his way to going as far as he wants basketball to take him.

-----------------

FATHER PLAYED 6 YEARS IN NBA

MOTHER WAS A WORLD CLASS SPRINTER

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJ47CuHVFvA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJ47CuHVFvA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xnyy59hEpKg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xnyy59hEpKg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrhtD0-_kEw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrhtD0-_kEw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5l-SCkS4etI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5l-SCkS4etI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NS8_sLC_8U?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NS8_sLC_8U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

THIS KID IS SICK WITH IT. damn. haven't seen a prospect this legitimately good this young since lebron imo
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

probably goin to his parents' alma mater florida state
Nets 2022

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Winter Park vs Mater Dei, 3rd Place Game

Milton vs St Patrick, 1st Place Game

City of Palms Classic

If I need to tell you who is on Winter Park's team, than you haven't been paying attention.

St Patrick has Michael Gilchrist who has committed to Kentucky. Had he played in the AAU circuit this year, he would probably be the #1 recruit in the country as opposed to Austin Rivers. The people who make the rankings have held it against him. It's practically unheard of to not play AAU ball before your senior season if you are a top recruit, but Gilchrist wanted to work on his individual game. Good for him.

I fucking hate Mater Dei. When I was a freshman in high school, my squad lost by 40 points because Mater Dei had two 6'9'' faggots and we didn't have enough size in the middle. One of those 6'9 faggots was Chris Burgess who transferred from Mater Dei to Woodbridge High School towards the end of his high school career and ended up at Duke and later at Utah for college.

These muthafuckas are good at every high school sport, even the girl sports too. They get so many of the best athletes in the Orange County area to come down to their punk ass school and they have been getting recruits from LA County and the Inland Empire as of late too. When Cedric Bozeman and Jamal Sampson were going there, they used to drive 90 minutes from Los Angeles one way to get to the campus.

Don't know what Mater Dei's team is looking like now because they lost 3 D1 players from last years team. Tyler Lamb is at UCLA, Gary Franklin is at Cal, and Keala King is at Arizona St. As usual, most of their basketball players are transfers who started at other schools. I do know that junior Xavier Johnson a transfer from the Inland Empire is supposed to be good. Haven't seen him play yet, but I'll be checking him out and another underclassman in freshman Shaqquan Aaron. I've heard he's supposed to be pretty good too.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Myck Kabongo from Findlay Prep is the truth too. I saw him play last week against Yates High School from Houston and he tore them up along with his talented teammates. Yates had won there last 60+ games in a row and he made their whole team look silly. He's lightning fast with the ball. He's probably faster with the ball than most people are with it.

If Kabongo is the #2 PG, behind Jeff Teague's brother, Marquis, I wonder who good Marquis is? Kabongo will be at Texas next year following in the footsteps of his fellow Canadians, Corey Joseph and Tristan Thompson. They also went to Findlay as well.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Those 2 games at the City of Palms Classic were pretty sick. Mater Dei destroyed Winter Park in the 2nd half. They let up some due to some brain lapses and a lack of concentration. Austin Rivers displayed some poor body language during the game. I've seen him do that quite a few times when things don't go his way.

Xavier Johnson had a solid game. I believe he had like 24 points and 10 or 11 boards. He's 6'7'' and was matched up on Rivers at many points throughout the game. He's a southpaw wing player with the ability to play inside. Rivers was able to do his jab step and get around him at times, but he does that to everybody.

The play of the game was when Johnson was on a break and yacked one in Rivers grill. That shit was ill as fuck.

I was also impressed with Katin Reinhardt who is a junior just like Johnson. He had 28 points and is a great outside shooter.

I was really impressed with the freshman Shaqquan Aaron who shows so much potential. They said in the game in which Mater Dei lost to St. Patrick that he was 6-8 from the land of plenty. He shoots his 3's flat flooted and with good form. When the game started against Winter Park, he was 3-3 in the 1st quarter. He's long and skinny and looks like he's about 6'6'' or 6'7''. He is definitely not done growing. He exhibited some slick handle and had a flair for passing when he had the ball in some transition situations. He is definitely somebody to watch for in the future, especially when Mater Dei becomes his team. He probably won't get that chance until his junior season at least.

The final between Milton and St. Patrick was a great game from start to finish. Both teams have great athletes and great players who have signed letters of intent to D1 schools or will be when they become seniors. I believe the anouncers said that Milton has 6 D1 players on their team that will be moving on next year. That's insane. They lost though on a buzzer beating 3. Heartbreak.

Michael Gilchrist is a beast. He was playing more inside than he will on the next level though, but he can get away with that at the high school level. He needs to work on his jumper though. It's not all that consistent and it comes out ugly. Defensively he's really staunch and has a great motor.

Shannon Scott was solid for Milton. He hit some big shots for them down the stretch when the teams were going back and forth. He's a PG who will be at Ohio St. next year. Don't think he will be a one and done player, but he appears to have the pedigree to help out next year. His dad, Charlie Scott played in the NBA too.

This tournament was so big, even Irv Gotti was there. He was cheering on St. Patrick. Coach Klkafjdsklfjsky was there with Chris Collins to watch Rivers and Dick Vitale was sitting behind them with his family. They even let Dickie V get on the mic in the 2nd game to do his thing.

I truly love this game from the high school to the pros. I don't give a fuck, I'll watch it all if I can. Fuck a dog, DVR is a man's best friend.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H_Kc8dj_5RI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H_Kc8dj_5RI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Anyone watch that Under Armour high school all-star game? Karlos Williams had a nice game. That Driskel kid looks dope too, too bad he's a faggot that is going to UF.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The Karlos Williams hit at the beginning of the game was cold.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

St Patrick vs Winter Park tonight in Austin's house.

From what I saw from both teams last month, Winter Park won't be able to match up well with St Patrick inside. Huge advantage for the team from New Jersey in that regard.

Also, I recently read an article on why Irv Gotti was at the City of Palms tournament and it turns out that Michael Gilchrist is his nephew.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Austin Rivers v. Michael Gilchrist on ESPN2. Chris Martin, Gilchrist's teammate, shining. 6-6. Just hit back to back threes. Looks like a stone cold shooter. Winter Park (Gilchrist/Martin's squad) up by 19 right now. I wish they played big HS matchups more often. But I'm real pissed I gotta wait an hour to watch pro ball on ESPNOG cuz they got this gay MLK townhall bullshit going on. Don't nobody give a fuck how Bob Ley feels about black liberation. Jesus.

PEACE

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

I got around to watching the St. Patrick/Winter Park game and as I said, their size was too much for Rivers and crew. They were down by too much at the half to mount a comeback even though Rivers willed them close.

I taped another high school game between Oak Hill and Milton from Saturday. Oak Hill was #1 in the country and got smoked 25-9 in the 1st quarter. They never recovered from that and lost. Shannon Scott outplayed Omar Cook who is ranked higher than he is and is going to Duke. I came away more impressed with Scott over Cook. Scott played better against Oak Hill than he did against St Patrick last month.

For a public school, Milton is hella good. I said it wrong in an earlier post, but I found out correctly that they have 4 starters that are seniors that are headed to D1 schools. The 5th starter is garnering a lot of interest to Super Six conference schools as is their 6th man. For them to beat Oak Hill the way that they did was a sight to see. Milton is only about 7 deep and Oak Hill has all-stars from across the country. Oak Hill even had the son of Bruce "That's Just The Way It Is" Hornsby as their starting SG. He can shoot too and he's going to UNC Ashville. Everybody else is going to big time schools next year or will be in a year or two.

There are going to be a gang of high school games on MLK day this afternoon. I'ma fucks with it.