NBA 09-10 Playoffs : Conference Finals

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Big Breeze

NBA 09-10 Playoffs : Conference Finals

Post by Big Breeze »

Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns

Orlando Magic vs Boston Celtics

Predictions anybody?

As a Laker fan I'm not looking past the Suns because they have been overlooked so far in these playoffs. Phoenix has been playing good basketball and I'm not going to pencil the Lakers into the Finals so easily. With that said, I got the Lakers in 6.

Orlando and Boston is going to be a great series because last years series went 7 and I expect that one to be at least 7 games also. In LA we are secretly rooting for the Celtics to win so that we can get a rematch from '08. Dwight Howard and company have their own agenda on getting back to the finals. They will have a lot of motivation with their eyes on the prize and since they have been playing the best basketball in the playoffs so far, most people will pick them to beat Boston. Last year there was no KG and Boston still went 7 games strong on them. Orlando has added and subtracted from last years team as well and they have the pieces to challenge wholeheartedly for the chip. I think I got Orlando pulling this one out too, but I reserve the right to change my opinion. This Sunday should be the start of a great game.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Phil Jackson needs to shut the fuck up, Im glad Nash & Genrty got back at his ass with the subliminals.

The ECF will be great but ORL may prove to young and fast for Bean Town and I expect PHX to put up a good fight but fall in the end.

I for see the Finals being a rematch of Last year, LAL vs. ORL

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

How the fuck are the ECF starting before the WCF. Fucking David Stern yet again.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

an-also

Post by an-also »

Phil Jackson accuses Nash of carrying the ball
Jackson was asked Friday if it's tough for the Lakers to prepare to face Nash because of his frenetic style.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said, making a gesture of palming the basketball. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."
Nash responds with
"I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."
:copy:

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

an-also wrote:Phil Jackson accuses Nash of carrying the ball
Jackson was asked Friday if it's tough for the Lakers to prepare to face Nash because of his frenetic style.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said, making a gesture of palming the basketball. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."
Nash responds with
"I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."
:copy:
:copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy: :copy:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Lets go! I think this series going to come down to Perkins and Howard foul trouble.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Boston going to take this 4-2 or 4-1.

Req

Post by Req »

bullshit call
F.U. MOOLAH

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

It must be frustrating being a Magic fan and seeing absolutely no improvement in Howard's offense.... And gatdamn, I wish Perkins had a little bit better hands, it would make us so much better.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Cs do this everytime they have a lead.. Why do you always slow down the offense in the 4th!? Just play like you have all game and stop worrying about the clock.

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

nice recovery by Rondo

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

naturalborn103 wrote:It must be frustrating being a Magic fan and seeing absolutely no improvement in Howard's offense.... And gatdamn, I wish Perkins had a little bit better hands, it would make us so much better.
people love Bill Russell, who was a god awful offensive player

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

that horrible no call on the Howard looks really huge after that nice play by Nelson

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

eternalreflection wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:It must be frustrating being a Magic fan and seeing absolutely no improvement in Howard's offense.... And gatdamn, I wish Perkins had a little bit better hands, it would make us so much better.
The difference is he embraced it and didn't try to be a main offensive threat. Howard wants to be no. 1 on offense but just does not have any moves at all.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Horrible finish but officially got home court. We should be able to beat them every game (I dont expect sweep though), we got advantage all over. We can contain and frustrate Howard without doubling and we are best team at running people off 3 point line, which basically covers their whole offense. On the other side as long as Barnes is still hurt we got mismatches for Peirce, Allen, and KG.. We should take this no problem.

Turk would of helped a lot. He causes mismatches when teams have to cover him and Lewis. Carter is playing good, but he doesn't get the other players more opportunities like Turk can.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

naturalborn103 wrote:Horrible finish but officially got home court. We should be able to beat them every game (I dont expect sweep though), we got advantage all over. We can contain and frustrate Howard without doubling and we are best team at running people off 3 point line, which basically covers their whole offense. On the other side as long as Barnes is still hurt we got mismatches for Peirce, Allen, and KG.. We should take this no problem.

Turk would of helped a lot. He causes mismatches when teams have to cover him and Lewis. Carter is playing good, but he doesn't get the other players more opportunities like Turk can.
as good as yall looked, I could easily see ORL stealing homecourt from yall, I think the on day off day schedule may be more detrimental to yall than anything with yall age.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

eternalreflection wrote:
Have you seen one game he ever played?

Gregg Popabitch

jazzmatazz23 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
Have you seen one game he ever played?
seriously. Why are we legitimately talking about players we've never seen?
naturalborn103 wrote:
eternalreflection wrote:
The difference is he embraced it and didn't try to be a main offensive threat. Howard wants to be no. 1 on offense but just does not have any moves at all.
I more or less can get down with this. Not only that, from what I've heard/read, Russell was a very good passer and some of the Celtics offense was run through him after Cousy retired.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Of everyone on the Magic the person who impressed me the most is Reddick. The improvement to his game has been crazy.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:rofl: at eternal looking at bill russell's stats (namely fg% and ft% probably) and judging his offensive game as 'god awful' when he has never seen him and he doesn't acknowledge the fact that russell is the best fast break starter of all time and one of the best big men outlet passers of all time (two facts which are easily understood even without ever watching most of his games)

this comment set me over the top. eternal, you are fucking retarded when it comes to over-reliance on statistics. if there were a statistic for number of fast breaks started with a man advantage or more, bill russell would be the all time leader and you'd be changing your tune b/c you would have a stat to base it on. you fucking short-sighted stat whore PLEASE STFU ABOUT THINGS YOU DONT' KNOW ABOUT
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

This might be a huge overstatement made because of playoffs games so far, but does it seem like the huge superstars of this generation are missing that killer instinct? Seem like they don't go for the jugular and aren't willing to die on the court for the W. The only one who I think really got it is Wade..

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

naturalborn103 wrote:This might be a huge overstatement made because of playoffs games so far, but does it seem like the huge superstars of this generation are missing that killer instinct? Seem like they don't go for the jugular and aren't willing to die on the court for the W. The only one who I think really got it is Wade..
I think Durant has it also.

But it appears that its something that is lacking in LeBron and Melo's game.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Positive A wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:This might be a huge overstatement made because of playoffs games so far, but does it seem like the huge superstars of this generation are missing that killer instinct? Seem like they don't go for the jugular and aren't willing to die on the court for the W. The only one who I think really got it is Wade..

I would add Dwight Howard to the list too of people who lack it.

Gregg Popabitch

Positive A wrote:

did Kobe just die or something?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Forget killer instinct, Dwight Howard lacks anything remotely resembling a low post game/offensive game. He can't shoot, basically he buries his left shoulder into you and goes right. He's really big, and freakishly athletic for his size and through those traits dominates the boards and on defense, but he is wildly overrated.

It's a mismatch thing, if you have someone who can body him up, he doesn't look so super.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Positive A wrote:

He is one of the last mohegans.. I am talking about the people who came into the league in 2000 and up.

And to add to the list.. Bosh and Stoudamire.

Gregg Popabitch

BTW, i do not think it's lacking from Melo's game.

and we are all being a bit reactionary to Lebron's series against the Celtics this year. because until this series, he's been all galaxy since 2007 in almost every playoff series. I don't even recognize the Lebron that played in the Celtics series.

Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103 wrote:
Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Positive A wrote:

He is one of the last mohegans.. I am talking about the people who came into the league in 2000 and up.

And to add to the list.. Bosh and Stoudamire.
The Suns are Nash's team.

and it's hard to see if a player has that killer instinct from the start unless you see him everyday and/or you see them playing with a real team.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
Positive A wrote:

lulz

Obviously not, I just thought we were talking about the "newer wave" of stars in the league.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

cuz americans are coddled/soft
Nets 2022