Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Yohan wrote:Who knew? Germany can score! Knew they'd win but didn't think the margin would be this big.

But let's be fair: Australia was really really poor tonight.

Netherlands tomorrow! I have a 3-0 win written down somewhere. Difference might be smaller though.
yeah, australia was awful, but still; impressive by zee germans.

Dutch tomorrow morning and can't fucking wait!! Van Persie with 2 goals.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Positive A wrote:Rofl's. I had 4-0 in the Yahoo! picks league but changed it because I thought it would be ridiculous.
I had 4-0 and kept it :lol:

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

[quote="Boris."]Just got home from the bar... we were celebrating all day.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

[quote="Boris."]Just got home from the bar... we were celebrating all day.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

[quote="Markshot"][quote="Boris."]Just got home from the bar... we were celebrating all day.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Observations from today's games:

Algeria vs. Slovenia

Pretty horrible play from both sides. Slovenia scored on a sloppy goal, and barely squeezed the win despite being a man up. The U.S. and England should beat both of them.

Serbia vs. Ghana

Ghana played well, with Prince-Boateng really impressing. Well deserved win, that effectively eliminates Serbia.

Germany vs. Australia

Total domination by ze Germans. They looked the best of all the teams thusfar. Weapons everywhere. Props to those who said losing Ballack wouldn't really matter much. It certainly appears you're right. Australia is probably finished as they'll need to win out to advance and they'll be without their best player in Cahill next game.
Last edited by jamrage on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

You guys wouldn't believe how shitty Podolski has been between between the cups.

Still think Cacau should have taken Klose's spot inspite of his goal. A little worried about Friedrich and Neuer if we face a decent attacking team.

Not much to complain though.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Germany, hitler would be proud!

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Australians are faggots.

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Moolah wrote:Australians are faggots.
:lol:

Shocking perfomance from the Socceroos. But, everyone (aside from the Australian public) knows that the Socceroos aren't a serious competitor on a World Scale.

I'm still pissed about the England game. The US team looked a lot more focused and cohesive, and really surprised England. All English expectations were that the game would be a walk-over. It may well be the wake-up call that England need in order to perform to the best of their abilities at an International level.

Boris.

Post by Boris. »

Thanks for the congrats everybody.

[quote="jamrage"][quote="Boris."]Just got home from the bar... we were celebrating all day.
If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Mark 563 wrote:
:lol:

Shocking perfomance from the Socceroos. But, everyone (aside from the Australian public) knows that the Socceroos aren't a serious competitor on a World Scale.
Oh I know this. World Cup fever in Australia is mad annoying cause everyone pretends to like Soccer all of a sudden. Last World Cup was fun though I don't see it happening again.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Feeling confident dutchies? I'm hoping for the 1-1, possibly it will happen with a fit Bendtner.

Today is going to be huge. I slept two hours on a floor, still I'm hyped. Gonna be odd to hate on Van the Man today :grin:

Also, I think Maradonna buys his suits where he buys his groceries.

Watched the Serbs take a knock yesterday, first match I've seen thus far. Pretty decent.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Markshot
O.G. Borky Johnson

Post by Markshot »

[quote="jamrage"][quote="Markshot"][quote="Boris."]Just got home from the bar... we were celebrating all day.

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

Mark 563 wrote:
Though we could say the same about England. YEAH I SAID IT. Last time round, Australia had Mark Viduka and Guus Hiddink. This time, they have neither, and no Cahill for the next match. They are obviously out.
I'm still pissed about the England game. The US team looked a lot more focused and cohesive, and really surprised England. All English expectations were that the game would be a walk-over. It may well be the wake-up call that England need in order to perform to the best of their abilities at an International level.
I don't know if that's true though. Some people did, but I don't think anyone who really knows about football expected it to be that easy, beyond those thinking of the old 'Americans? They're shit at football' thing. There isn't really any shame in drawing with a team that beat Spain and nearly beat Brazil last year.

Ah well, we'll have Barry back for the next match. It would have been nice to have him in the first one, but hey. I would like to see Capello play a 4-1-4-1, with Barry just in front of the back line, Joe Cole on the left and Rooney up front alone, providing he can get decent service from the wingers.
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

HomieDontPlayDat wrote:
Mark 563 wrote:
Though we could say the same about England. YEAH I SAID IT. Last time round, Australia had Mark Viduka and Guus Hiddink. This time, they have neither, and no Cahill for the next match. They are obviously out.
I don't know if that's true though. Some people did, but I don't think anyone who really knows about football expected it to be that easy, beyond those thinking of the old 'Americans? They're shit at football' thing. There isn't really any shame in drawing with a team that beat Spain and nearly beat Brazil last year.

Ah well, we'll have Barry back for the next match. It would have been nice to have him in the first one, but hey. I would like to see Capello play a 4-1-4-1, with Barry just in front of the back line, Joe Cole on the left and Rooney up front alone, providing he can get decent service from the wingers.
You really have to think that Algeria is the perfect opponent for the English next game. It allows them to put the disappointment behind them while regaining confidence in Green (if he's in goal), and they should score a shit ton of goals. I'd like to see Joe Cole in at midfield as well. Clearly some changes have to be made. They should win regardless of how they play just on talent alone.

As long as the U.S. doesn't lose to Slovenia, it sets them up for a demoralized Algeria team for their third game that shouldn't have shit to play for. I know the U.S. will manage more than one goal against Algeria.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Horrible game, extremely happy with the win though. Everybody thought we'd play much better, we all expected more. That said, Denmark's defense looked real solid, except for the own goal.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

The Dutch underwhelmed, thought it was odd they played Sneijder with VDV, Elia definitely added a spark when he was added. Robben was missed, and yet they still won 2-0.

I thought Ozil was the most impressive German, he really gives them a special creative player that opens the game up for the rest of their team.

If the US loses to Slovenia the tournament is over for us, absolute must win.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

In the Netherlands, the Dutch attackers are known as the 'big four', aka Sneijder, Robben, Van Persie and Van der Vaart. Our goal is to start all four of them, so that includes both Sneijder and Van der Vaart in the atarting eleven.

Cameroon on now, I expect them to win from Japan.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Danish Girls = :jiz:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

soccer ain't bad yo
Nets 2022

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Dutch girls have always done it for me. Big titty, blondes, who love to party, YES!

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

More pictures of soccer whores.

H.E.

Post by H.E. »

:gyeah:
Last edited by H.E. on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

Quality of play has been really, really underwhelming

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

coldwatermusic wrote:Quality of play has been really, really underwhelming
Early games are notoriously cagey, but...

In the 22 games played a team has scored more than one goal 3 times, Germany putting up 4, S. Korea putting up 2, and the Netherlands with a put back and an own goal. It has been far from the beautiful game, still have Brazil and Spain yet to play though.

Been spoiled by the pace of the Epl, CL's, and the play of Real and Barca.

Req

Post by Req »

lost $100 on fucking Cameroon today. Should i put a G on Brazil tomorrow just to make that bill back?

[y]
[n]
F.U. MOOLAH

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mun ... glish.html

for those who need to stay up on the schedule(s)

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Risking a G for only a hundo back...seems like you can get better odds betting a different game. Although Brazil is pretty much a lock.

Only 15 seconds, but Davies working at in Delaware.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitvid.com/player/1VKFP"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.twitvid.com/player/1VKFP" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" height="344" width="425"></object>

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Spurs have been linked to Forlan AND Iaquinta!!! KILL ME NOW!