You can select ONE NFL player for the HOF...

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who should bless Canton if you could choose only one?

Torry Holt
5%
Fred Taylor
13%
Clinton Portis
No votes
Donovan McNabb
10%
Ty Law
3%
Charles Woodson
31%
Brian Dawkins
31%
Brian Urlacher
5%
Kevin Williams
3%

Total votes: 39

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

You can select ONE NFL player for the HOF...

Post by Reason »

...you know the drill.

same guidelines as the nba jawn

the only thing is one of these players won fuckin dpoy last year so how can i put him here (under the premise that the guys in these polls are past their primes)? well he's 33 so fuck it. plus he beat out revis. fuck him. love you an-also

also i should've put trevor pryce here, or maybe jamal williams, or maybe even kris jenkins, but i put kevin instead cuz i knew the dt wouldn't get any love anyway so i put the best one up possible even though kevin is only 29 and is a fucking beast with 5 first team all-pros to his credit already
Nets 2022

an-also

Post by an-also »

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

^This.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

good list

I went with mcnabb

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Dawkins. Pretty easily.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

McNabb.

I feel like he is the most underappreciated NFL player of the past 10 years.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

fred taylor

the man needs his 'spect

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Dawkins or Urlacher I voted Dawk tho.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Woodson with a nod to Urlacher.

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

voted woodson, but it was painful passing on Dawkins

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

do yall realize the names fred taylor is ranked among?
you know how long he has been an elite back? its like the curtis martin shunning all over again

brian urlacher? wtf? roided out, often injured, not impressive numbers or anything

woodson? pfft, a guy jumps patterns for a decade and he gets in the hall of fame?

darren sharper should be in the hall before woodson ever gets considered

dawk..i guess, but its not a slam dunk, a hard hitting DB with longevity doesnt get a pass to the hof

steve atwater gets hof before dawkins

:lol: @ portis

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

BeHemoth
Bam Bam

Post by BeHemoth »

the dead poet wrote:Dawkins. Pretty easily.
mcnabb and woodson also, but if I had to choose one Dawkins no question

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Out of that list Torry Holt is the most deserving.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Freddy Taylor with B-Dawk a VERY close second.

Fred is also one of the nicest and most down to Earth professional athletes i have ever met. Dudes a class act with great numbers and if not for injuries he would be a no brainer for the hall but he is certainly deserving. Also coming out of the muck and doing what he did makes all of that all that much more impressive to me.

B-Dawk is second on my all time favorite player list and a Raines High School kid so i have a bit of a 904 bias there. He was a GREAT all around safety who NEVER gets enough respect and he could change a game in any aspect on any play.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Philaflava wrote:Image
Sick, I need a poster of that.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

capable_keL wrote:fred taylor

the man needs his 'spect

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Dawk or Holt.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

jazzmatazz23

Post by jazzmatazz23 »

Mcnabb has been the third best quarterback in the league over the past 10 years, behind Manning and Brady.

I love fred taylor but his injuries during his prime hurt him.

Kevin Williams will end up being the best defensive player on this whole list.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

yea debate yea! good shit. good arguments around.

in case anyone was wondering, all team 1st pro (not pro bowl) was a factor in the nominees.
Nets 2022

Spiccoli

Post by Spiccoli »

voted mcnabb

the second tier of picks is pretty much all the same for me (taylor, dawkins, woodson)

anyone voting urlacher needs to fist themselves.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Voted Dawkins. Dude was a warrior, a durable hard hitter, and one of the best leaders a defense could ask for.

Charles Woodson has 6 years with 4 or more picks, and has averaged around 60+ tackles a year. Plus he has always been a great return guy.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Alot of these guys aren't making it in. Of those getting votes...

Fred Taylor. Nope. Dude only scored double digit tds twice in his career and it was at the start. He was a very good runner, but was never really the best running back in the league. One Pro Bowl selection, and never an All Pro? :fail:

Urlacher. No fucking way.

I think only Woodson, Dawkins, and McNabb should and will make it into the HOF.

Voted Dawkins.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

jamrage wrote:Alot of these guys aren't making it in. Of those getting votes...

Fred Taylor. Nope. Dude only scored double digit tds twice in his career and it was at the start. He was a very good runner, but was never really the best running back in the league. One Pro Bowl selection, and never an All Pro? :fail:

Voted Dawkins.
I agree that Urlacher is mainly media and Chicago hype. You put a body on this guy and he ain't shit. Cannot shed a block for the life of him.

However, Fred Taylor should be in the hall of fame. Your best argument is that he didn't score TDs? Really? All he ever did was move the chains. And he did it at an extremely efficient rate.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Gilbert Subpoenas wrote:
jamrage wrote:Alot of these guys aren't making it in. Of those getting votes...

Voted Dawkins.
I agree that Urlacher is mainly media and Chicago hype. You put a body on this guy and he ain't shit. Cannot shed a block for the life of him.

However, Fred Taylor should be in the hall of fame. Your best argument is that he didn't score TDs? Really? All he ever did was move the chains. And he did it at an extremely efficient rate.
Scoring tds is important for running backs. Taylor was a very good back for a long time, but to me he's one of those guys who's just on the outside looking in.

Again, no All Pro selections and only one Pro Bowl selection is pretty telling as well. He wasn't as good as the best guys of his era.

If you think Taylor should be in you better think that Corey Dillon should be in. Dillon only had 300 less rushing yards in 2 less years and also had about 15 more touchdowns.

I don't think either one belongs in the HOF.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Urlacher was an amazing sideline-to-sideline LB during his peak years. His combination of size, speed, and awareness was elite-level in the context of NFL history, not just the past decade. His weaknesses revolved around shedding fullback blocks on up-the-gut running plays, but he was still a hall of fame caliber player, all things considered.

Even with Urlacher getting taken out of certain plays by the Cory Schlesingers of the world, he is still arguably the second best MLB of the past decade behind Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis are once-in-a-decade MLBs. Both players will be in the discussion with Butkus, Lambert, Singletary, etc for all-time greatest middle linebacker. Urlacher will not be in that discussion, but he's still HOF caliber.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

By the way, I selected Charles Woodson.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

jamrage wrote:
Scoring tds is important for running backs. Taylor was a very good back for a long time, but to me he's one of those guys who's just on the outside looking in.

Again, no All Pro selections and only one Pro Bowl selection is pretty telling as well. He wasn't as good as the best guys of his era.

If you think Taylor should be in you better think that Corey Dillon should be in. Dillon only had 300 less rushing yards in 2 less years and also had about 15 more touchdowns.

:cheers:

There are already too many RBs in the Hall and there is a log jam in the near term also for a position which frankly is no longer that important. Here is just a small list of RB that will have at least some Hall buzz around them in the next decade

Curtis Martin
Bettis
LT
Faulk
James
Taylor
Dillon
Dunn
Barber
George
Jackson
Westbrook

The first 4 are going in. After that some one tell me the difference between them but more importantly why they should get in over the backlog of defensive players that need to get in.

But back to Taylor he has never finished in the top 5 in rushing or yards from scrimmage. Only finished in the top 10 in yards from scrimmage 3 times. His 2 best yardage years where in years where everyone was going wild. This is to take nothing away from him but he was just very good and not even that over his whole career never elite.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

ThaJim2 wrote:
jamrage wrote:

:cheers:

There are already too many RBs in the Hall and there is a log jam in the near term also for a position which frankly is no longer that important. Here is just a small list of RB that will have at least some Hall buzz around them in the next decade

Curtis Martin
Bettis
LT
Faulk
James
Taylor
Dillon
Dunn
Barber
George
Jackson
Westbrook

The first 4 are going in. After that some one tell me the difference between them but more importantly why they should get in over the backlog of defensive players that need to get in.

But back to Taylor he has never finished in the top 5 in rushing or yards from scrimmage. Only finished in the top 10 in yards from scrimmage 3 times. His 2 best yardage years where in years where everyone was going wild. This is to take nothing away from him but he was just very good and not even that over his whole career never elite.
No Super Bowls either.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Roy Johnson wrote:By the way, I selected Charles Woodson.
is it the YAC?