OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 THREAD

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lakers fans,

what happens more often?

kobe shoots the lakers from a 4 point deficit into a 12 point one because of his god complex forcing shots into double teams and taking tough fadeaways

or

kobe shoots the lakers from a 12 point deficit into a 4 point one because he has a four or five minute stretch where he plays like god and makes shots over double teams in the lane and tough fadeaways on the perimeter
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Jason Terry not happy: 'We ain't soft'
EmailPrintComments
By Jeff Caplan
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

Dallas SportsCenter
Mavs feel sting; Baylor's Jones ineligible
Tags: Dallas Mavericks, Baylor Bears, Dallas Stars, Texas Rangers
VIDEO PLAYLIST

Dallas SportsCenter
Hornets Sneak Past Mavs, 93-92
Knicks Are Hot But Don't Count Out Mavs
Dirk Bobblehead Night Commercial
NEW ORLEANS -- Frustrated after watching his team bungle a 10-point advantage heading into the fourth quarter and then spit up a seven-point lead with 1:13 to go courtesy of multiple errors, Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle pulled no punches, and perhaps even dropped one on his club below the belt.

"Soft," Carlisle said of his team after a disappointing 93-92 loss to a slumping New Orleans Hornets team that kept pushing even without its concussed floor leader, Chris Paul.

"Yeah," the coach reiterated, "soft."

ג€œ
Who said that? I'm not soft, not me. I don't know where that comes from, but we ain't soft. We have to see how he meant soft in that aspect, but I know he wasn't talking to me personally or any of my teammates because I don't think none of these guys are soft.
ג€
-- Mavericks guard Jason Terry
That description touched a nerve in an otherwise quiet Mavs locker room, which was likely Carlisle's intent after a second loss in three games in which Dallas blew double-digit, second-half leads.

The Mavericks have a half-game lead on the Los Angeles Lakers for the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference heading into Thursday's home game against the New York Knicks.

"I wouldn't go that far," said center Tyson Chandler, who returned from a sprained right ankle and recorded his 17th double-double with 16 points and 13 rebounds. His only blemish was clanking two free throws with 17.7 seconds left that kept the Mavericks' margin at two, 92-90.

"Who said that?" Jason Terry said, scoffing at the accusation after he had an off night -- rare for him of late -- with 10 points. "I'm not soft, not me. I don't know where that comes from, but we ain't soft. We have to see how he meant soft in that aspect, but I know he wasn't talking to me personally or any of my teammates because I don't think none of these guys are soft."

What chafed Carlisle was a rebounding total that had the Mavs on the wrong end, 44-31, and a devastating 24-11 deficit in the second half that included no offensive boards, meaning no second possessions, not a single tip-in or tip-out. Although Chandler secured 13 rebounds, the other nine who played totaled 18.

More on the Mavericks

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and our team. Blog

"I think we've just got to be tougher," Carlisle said quietly. "Got to be tougher."

Carlisle didn't think his team played tough enough in a third highly physical matchup with the Hornets every time it extended the lead -- to 70-60 after three quarters; to 76-65 with 8:22 to play; to 82-73 with 4:35 to go; to 89-81 with 2:26 left; and finally to 92-85 with 1:13 to go.

"When you have a seven-point lead with 1:13 to go, you've got to finish it off by making the plays," Carlisle said. "Credit them for making plays, and we did not."

Chandler missed two free throws in the final minute to set up Jarrett Jack's final three free throws, thanks to an uncharacteristic foul by Jason Kidd behind the arc with 8.4 seconds to play.

Terry took exception to the foul call on Jack, who started in place of Paul and finished with 21 points, seven assists and six rebounds.

"I don't know if Jarrett Jack gets that call," Terry said. "We know Kevin Durant does. You know Kobe may get it. But I don't know about Jarrett Jack. That's just my personal opinion. So we've got to live with it, take it on the chin and go ahead and get ready to get this next one."

Kidd, who struggled for three points on 0-of-7 shooting with seven assists, wasn't as dismayed by the call as Terry.

"I felt that he was going to shoot the 3 ... He did a good job of drawing the foul," Kidd said. "As a defender you don't think you fouled, but they called it and it was a smart foul on his part."
Nets 2022

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

hahahahha @ Terry thinking his team of powderpuffs isn't soft, your defensive presence and anchor is CHandler(whose a good defensive C but not the most intimidating guy)
UBM CD COMING SOON

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Reason wrote:lakers fans,

what happens more often?

kobe shoots the lakers from a 4 point deficit into a 12 point one because of his god complex forcing shots into double teams and taking tough fadeaways

or

kobe shoots the lakers from a 12 point deficit into a 4 point one because he has a four or five minute stretch where he plays like god and makes shots over double teams in the lane and tough fadeaways on the perimeter
Depends more on the variables, like who they are playing, what motivation Kobe has going into the game (which factors into how much he is going to force the issue), who is guarding Kobe (how big they are being a huge factor, if Kobe feels like he has a smaller player on him he will demand the ball in the post), if it's the second night of a back to back because yeah, he's getting up there in years, Kobe's only averages 33 mins/a g this year, his least in 13 years, but at the end of the day he is still a 46% shooter which is not great, but not that bad either. it evens out.

In a dream world Gasol would have Kobe's heart/determination because a lot of times he has the bigger mismatch, and Kobe would have Gasol's unselfishness, because he really is a gifted passer.

Take tonight for example, a smart Kobe should see the match up and feed the post all night instead of getting caught up in any personal duels with Wade/Bron, but will that actually happen....

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Reason wrote:lakers fans,

what happens more often?

or

It's gotta be the latter.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

lol Chuck.

Fuck I love TNT.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Positive A wrote:lol Chuck.

Fuck I love TNT.
what he say?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

an-also wrote:
Positive A wrote:lol Chuck.

Fuck I love TNT.
what he say?
Nothing crazy really...just laying into the Heat and all their excuses recently. Told them to "stop bitching" and play ball.

an-also

Post by an-also »

You knew kobe was going to be gunning tonight

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

an-also wrote:You knew kobe was going to be gunning tonight
Killin' it right now.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lebron has disappointed me the past couple weeks

he just took kobe to the post and right into the paint but missed a semi-awkward baby hook badly clanking it off back rim

maybe he just doesn't have the touch...maybe his hands are just a few cm too big or sth
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Lol @ Bron making shots at the buzzer...of the first quarter.

Clutch.

PEACE

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Miami is killing the glass.

Stunna7516

Post by Stunna7516 »

how in the hell are there empty seats at this game? so pathetic.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Stunna7516 wrote:how in the hell are there empty seats at this game? so pathetic.
I wouldn't pay to see this shitty team either.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

peanut butter wrote:Lol @ Bron making shots at the buzzer...of the first quarter.

Clutch.

PEACE
:rofl:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

an-also

Post by an-also »

Artest is really killing Lebron on defense.

rhickey

Post by rhickey »

Stunna7516 wrote:how in the hell are there empty seats at this game? so pathetic.
speaking of seats, i swear i've seen birdman making small talk with the old white lady to his left a few times this game

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Please let Lebron miss another potential game winner.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lmao at bosh getting a 20 foot jumper blocked
Nets 2022

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Reason wrote:lmao at bosh's everything

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Reason wrote:lmao at bosh's everything

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

ron artest is still annoying, took a dumb 3 with 10 sec left in shot clock then misses a point blank lay up off the offensive rebound
Nets 2022

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Reason wrote:ron artest is still annoying, took a dumb 3 with 10 sec left in shot clock then misses a point blank lay up off the offensive rebound
Really, really dumb.

Meanwhile, DWade is killing shit.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

wow @ kobe and his ego blowing that game.

binary

Post by binary »

Bosh was a beast tonight, props to him.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

word to my nigga chalmers. layin off those trees have rly improved his game.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

eternalreflection
I'll Just STFU Now!

Post by eternalreflection »

binary wrote:Bosh was a beast tonight, props to him.
yeah, and the bench wasn't total aids either

pretty key win to getting back on track, LA was playing as well as anyone lately

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

yeah, that was an impressive win by Miami.

Mike Miller actually looked good for once.