Keeper League Jr. 2011 edition

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

im sure many trades happened from an initial bad offer. that is how you stimulate some form of dialog over the internet.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Philaflava wrote:im sure many trades happened from an initial bad offer. that is how you stimulate some form of dialog over the internet.
Messages can be sent to other owners via yahoo, :phila: , facebook etc. Everyone has a different way of doing business and some owners, myself included, don't respond well to bad offers. I would honestly rather have someone send me a message before making a offer just to know who or what they are really looking at. When i get a offer for two very good keeper players for a bunch of replaceable non keepers that shit get's rejected and not countered because A: like i said earlier its insulting, B: I'm not sure who or what the owner is even after at that point, and from the looks of the offer its just an attempt to Dids my team, and C: I'm not the one who is looking to trade, I shouldn't have to be the one putting in effort to counter a shit offer.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

insulting is when somebody fucks your girlfriend. we're talking about a fantasy baseball and players we own in digital form. i don't think everyone here has facebook, twitter, yahoo email, google chat or any other methods you mentioned.

we all have one thing in common, we're in a yahoo fantasy league together. a league most of us check daily so sending a trade offer via that league is the most logical, not to mention least time consuming.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Philaflava wrote:insulting is when somebody fucks your girlfriend. we're talking about a fantasy baseball and players we own in digital form. i don't think everyone here has facebook, twitter, yahoo email, google chat or any other methods you mentioned.

we all have one thing in common, we're in a yahoo fantasy league together. a league most of us check daily so sending a trade offer via that league is the most logical, not to mention least time consuming.
You can send messages to owners through the league itself without a trade offer, that's what i was referring to. Also why not just send a decent offer to begin with if you're actually interested in making a trade?
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

yr gangsta conscience
Baseball America

Post by yr gangsta conscience »

Prophecy wrote: Also why not just send a decent offer to begin with if you're actually interested in making a trade?
yep.
when I get a stupid offer like

derek jeter, chris carpenter, josh hamilton, adam dunn and tim hudson
for
troy tulowitzki and felix hernandez

it actually makes me not want to trade with you.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

yr gangsta conscience wrote:
Prophecy wrote: Also why not just send a decent offer to begin with if you're actually interested in making a trade?
yep.

for

That's just silly. Just respond with not interested or not interested in trading ____ ______. It's just that simple. Nobody is trying to push buttons, if anything a few of us are trying to gauge what you may want. Surly Popabitch can't be one the only logical one who sees this.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Philaflava wrote:
yr gangsta conscience wrote:
yep.

for

That's just silly. Just respond with not interested or not interested in trading ____ ______. It's just that simple. Nobody is trying to push buttons, if anything a few of us are trying to gauge what you may want. Surly Popabitch can't be one the only logical one who sees this.
I just don't see the need to send the shitty offer to begin with. Send a decent one and it not only shows who you are really interested in it also gives the recipient a idea of how you value your players as well as the target/target players in the trade. What's so illogical about expecting the person soliciting the trade to actually put some kind of effort into a decent initial offer since it will only make the process run smoother?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I've made a trade every season thus far, probably a couple per season. I don't do anything different when sending offers. There is a starting point, sometimes what I send is good enough. Sometimes what somebody sends me isn't, but it has to start somewhere.

What you think is shitty may be different to somebody else. Everybody values people (esp. their own) differently. Just like everybody laughed at Ripweblo when he traded me Adam Dunn for James Shield & Aubrey Huff.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

LMAO at Avila & soria for busted ass posey

avila will be the next jon bench
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

JOEY VOTTO

...FOR TWO GOOD, PREFERABLY KEEP-ABLE (I.E. YOUNG) STARTING PITCHERS AND ONE REALLY GOOD (I.E. HAS A JOB ON LOCKDOWN WITHOUT BAD PERIPHERAL STATS) CLOSERS.

sp
sp
closer

for votto

here is an offer i made to rusty trumbo (that can't work cuz trumbo can't give up a closer, which i understand) that gives you an idea of what i am looking for

pineda
beachy
brian wilson

OOPS I FORGOT TO MENTION I'M PACKAGING VOTTO WITH JHOULYS CHACIN AND OFFERED HIM WITH VOTTO FOR THOSE 3 PLAYERS FROM RUSTY TRUMBO
Nets 2022

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I'm going into full-on sell mode starting now.
Have some good pieces that will help anyone trying to contend.
3 closers. Alex Gordon. Shaun Marcum.
Make me offers.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Justin you dick I wanted Trout.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Nice job :ironmike: Reason for Ricky Ro & Votto for Haren.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

horrible

EDIT: You mortgaged one of the best keepers in the league for a run. You did the same last year. They are both at the very least top 20 keepers. The only way you can salvage this is if you make a run at the top 2 somehow. If you trade Jose bautista too, I will call for your impeachment.

For your sake, I hope Freddie Freeman continues to hit and becomes a helluva player.

Gregg Popabitch

a barrage of trades yesterday...

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Philaflava wrote:Nice job :ironmike: Reason for Ricky Ro & Votto for Haren.
??? i'm definitely keeping haren AND marcum. marcum is a stud. i'm a believer in certain metrics and he qualifies. jhoulys' command issues put him behind marcum for me easily. i'm ecstatic i was able to deal ricky romero. he's talented as fuck BUT he pitches in the AL EAST where the boston red sox reside. fuck that.
Gregg Popabitch wrote:horrible

EDIT: You mortgaged one of the best keepers in the league for a run. You did the same last year. They are both at the very least top 20 keepers. The only way you can salvage this is if you make a run at the top 2 somehow. If you trade Jose bautista too, I will call for your impeachment.

For your sake, I hope Freddie Freeman continues to hit and becomes a helluva player.
you know i love freeman

and i agree with you. if i don't finish in the top 2, then i fucked this deal up. but i'm going for it. i don't have much to lose. i went for it last year with an inferior team.

one thing about votto is that he gets on base A TON, but that doesn't matter in this league. i WISH we counted ops or bb or on base, b/c then i'd be killing hitting even more. votto gets walked a ton, and he doesn't get as many opportunities to get fat pitches

and joey bats is mine until he declines
Last edited by Reason on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

LIRIANO FOR STEALS AND YOUNG PITCHING?

I would love to deal for stolen bases and a young pitcher. Obviously the pitcher doesn't have to be a super stud, as long as I'm getting a considerable number of steals in the deal. ONE of the players must be keeper-worthy. Liriano is the man available in this transaction.

I would be willing to throw in kevin gregg for closing duties as long as what i'm getting back is worth it.
Nets 2022

Gregg Popabitch

one thing i disagree with is the fact that OBP doesn't matter in our league.

i feel that it indirectly does because of the increased opportunity to score runs.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

even with marcum and haren as keepers you gave up votto who is arguably a top 2-3 1B in fantasy. ricky ro is a keeper too. oh and you got a closer now who is sharing duties with k-rod.

Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava wrote:even with marcum and haren as keepers you gave up votto who is arguably a top 2-3 1B in fantasy. ricky ro is a keeper too. oh and you got a closer now who is sharing duties with k-rod.
k-rod isn't sharing closing duties.

but i essentially agree with you.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Philaflava wrote:even with marcum and haren as keepers you gave up votto who is arguably a top 2-3 1B in fantasy. ricky ro is a keeper too. oh and you got a closer now who is sharing duties with k-rod.
k-rod isn't sharing closing duties.

but i essentially agree with you.
Source: Rotoworld.

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that Francisco Rodriguez and John Axford will share the closer's role.

Gregg Popabitch

lmao

Brewers are horrible.

and now that trade looks worse for Rzn.

EDIT: But we should reserve judgement till the end of the season.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

yea you're forgetting the part about how i'm 11 or better in every hitting cat except sb and like 6 or worse in every pitching cat

you're forgetting i'm doing this to make a run for a great finish

it's easy to look at just the names and keeper values in a vacuum and forget the bigger picture. i'm trying to win
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

jemile weeks could be an elite 2b someday and has been playing like a beast thus far with few signs of letting up

b/c of that elite keeper potential i think popabitch won this trade kinda easily. i like ian but he could easily have a 11-11 4.50 era type year, and mo is god but he's also bound to retire soon

and peralta has pop out of the ss spot this year
Nets 2022

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Reason wrote:jemile weeks could be an elite 2b someday and has been playing like a beast thus far with few signs of letting up

b/c of that elite keeper potential i think popabitch won this trade kinda easily. i like ian but he could easily have a 11-11 4.50 era type year, and mo is god but he's also bound to retire soon

and peralta has pop out of the ss spot this year
Uhh Poppa was the one that gave up Weeks and Peralta for Mo and Kennedy.....

Gregg Popabitch

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lmao i read the front page wrong

in that case just swap out poppa's name for the other dude's
Nets 2022

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Reason wrote:in that case just swap out poppa's name for the other dude's
there is an epic joke waiting here... but i am giving up comedy

Gregg Popabitch

I don't think I lost the trade at all. In fact, I got everything I wanted from that trade. If you look at it in a far-sighted way, then yes...I probably lost.

I realize that I potentially gave up 2 keepers. That was the point. I have too many guys I want to keep and even with giving these guys up, I still have guys I want to keep that I won't be able to. I was never going to keep Jemile or Peralta. I have better guys at their positions.

So I gave them up for people that can potentially help me this year. A solid starting pitcher in Ian Kennedy with pretty solid ratios and peripherals pitching in the NL West. Considering I have 4 damn good SPs and Bartolo Colon, acquiring Kennedy will help me bridge the 50 inning gap I have to make up in order to keep pace with my innings limit in a efficient way.

I also wanted The Sandman for 3 reasons:

1) I still have ground to gain in saves. Mo will get me their faster.

2) I saw how closers were flying off the market the day or two before my Rivera trade. I wanted to procure one as fast as possible in hopes of cornering the market to the best of my ability. Now if someone needs a closer, I will definitely be one of the few people they ask.

3) Closer is a fickle position but Mo is the only constant at the position. Two of my closers are rumored to be on the block (Cordero and Nunez) so I wanted to back myself up just in case one of them became set up guys.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i am posting here simply to express how much i hate liriano. bunz, did you predict this demise or did you just want the players you got in our offseason deal? or a little bit of both. i presume you'll choose the last option but godamn this is just awe-inspiring failure by him
Nets 2022