The Official Boxing Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

Ortiz V. Berto April 16th

Can't wait for that shit. Ortiz is going to power shot him until he either gets knocked out or viceversa.

atlantiswasreal

Post by atlantiswasreal »

Orale Holmes wrote:Ortiz V. Berto April 16th

Can't wait for that shit. Ortiz is going to power shot him until he either gets knocked out or viceversa.
berto might finally earn one of his paychecks.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Just caught the replay of Judah vs. Mabuza.
http://onepinoytv.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... eplay.html

Versive

Post by Versive »

New :ironmike: show Taking On Tyson premieres on Animal Planet tonight.

atlantiswasreal

Versive wrote:New :ironmike: show Taking On Tyson premieres on Animal Planet tonight.
word, i 'm not sure i want to watch it. if someone has seen it already and wants to comment on it, please do so.

Versive

Post by Versive »

It was pretty much standard reality show fare spliced with various Tyson anecdotes. For me it was on some so bad it's good shit, but I have that kind of sense of humor - slow motions shots of pidgeons flying overhead as Tyson stares off into the distance appeal to me.

The Aluminum Falcon

Post by The Aluminum Falcon »

KHAN BRADLEY A DONE DEAL FOR JULY 23rd(assuming Khan gets past McCloskey)

By Francisco Salazar

World title holders Timothy Bradley and Amir Khan have spent the last couple of weeks calling each other out. The back and forth jostling between the two top 140-pound fighters has been a broken record of sorts on the media and fight fans who want to see whom will reign supreme in this dream matchup. Now it appears as though both fighters can do away with their sales pitches through the media and on television. Both fighters are signed on to face each other on Saturday, July 23rd at a still to be determined location, promoter Gary Shaw told Fightnews.com.

ג€œItג€™s done,ג€ said Shaw late Monday night, clarifying a feature article on Amir Khan earlier this week. ג€œThere is an agreement between Richard Schaefer and myself that both Amir and Timothy will fight each other on July 23rd.ג€

The only person stepping in between this matchup is unbeaten Paul McCloskey, who will take on Khan (24-1, 17 KOג€™s) at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, England on April 16th.

ג€œObviously Khan has to win on April 16th for this fight to take place,ג€ said Shaw. ג€œWith regards to where the fight will take place, weג€™re open to Vegas or Los Angeles or anywhere.ג€

Recently, both Bradley and Khan appeared in different broadcasts of HBOג€™s ג€œBoxing After Dark.ג€ Bradley appeared on the February 19th telecast in Las Vegas where he called on Khan to make the fight happen.

This past Saturday in Anaheim, CA, Khan appeared and called on Bradley to make the fight happen.

Khanג€™s last fight was a hard-fought 12 round unanimous decision over hard-hitting and interim world titlist Marcos Maidana in December.

Bradley (27-0 1NC, 11 KOג€™s) defeated Devon Alexander by a 10 round technical decision in a battle between unbeaten 140 pound fighters in a unification bout six weeks ago at the Silverdome in Pontiac, MI.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/bradley ... date-77733

Versive

Post by Versive »

Should be a hell of a lot more exciting than Bradley v. Alexander.

The Aluminum Falcon

Versive wrote:Should be a hell of a lot more exciting than Bradley v. Alexander.
Hopefully so. We know Khan won't be throwing those "stay away from me" punches that Alexander has become famous for in his last two fights.Between this and Wlad Haye supposedly being a go Boxing is having a great 2011.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Yeah, there have already been some really enteretaining fights too, plus don't forget the Bantamweight Tournament Finals on 4/23.

atlantiswasreal

Versive wrote: slow motions shots of pidgeons flying overhead as Tyson stares off into the distance appeal to me.
haha, you really painted a picture with that one. grabbed the first ep last night, will get around to watching it as soon as i'm caught on up stargate universe.
:cheers:

Versive

Post by Versive »

atlantiswasreal wrote:
Versive wrote: slow motions shots of pidgeons flying overhead as Tyson stares off into the distance appeal to me.
haha, you really painted a picture with that one. grabbed the first ep last night, will get around to watching it as soon as i'm caught on up stargate universe.
:cheers:
Ha, you'll see, it happens like at least 10 times

dubs

Post by dubs »

Good look on the Zab link Versive. :cheers:

I guess he's a champ again, technically.

Saul is my young blood. I thought he should have been able to put Hatton away. Or does Hatton really have that solid of a chin?

I was really hyped on Berto like 2 years ago. I thought he would be amazing. Since then, i think he has showed he is above average, but not great. Maybe with this fight he can Show n Prove.
Employee wrote:dubs being the West Coast's ric, his thug is bonafide and justified.

The Aluminum Falcon

MARCH

Saturday March 12th on HBO

Sergio Martinez(46-2) vs. Sergiy Dzinziruk(37-0) plus Andy Lee vs. Craig McEwan

same day on SHO PPV

Miguel Cotto vs. Ricardo Mayorga plus Yuri Foreman vs. Pawel Wolak and Miguel Vazquez vs. Leonardo Zappavigna

Saturday, Mar. 19 -- at Cologne, Germany
WBC heavyweight title: Vitali Klitschko vs. Odlanier Solis

Saturday, Mar. 19 on SHO
IBF super middleweight title: Lucian Bute vs. Brian Magee

Saturday, Mar. 19 -- at Dublin, Ireland
Interim WBA super bantamweight title: Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Willie Casey

Saturday Mar. 26th on HBO Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Jorge Solis and Miguel Garcia vs. Matt Remillard

March 26th Dmitry Pirog vs. Javier Francisco Maciel

Hopefully I can find a link for the Pirog fight, I'd love to see him and Sergio go at it if Martinez gets past Dzinziruk, which he should but dude is a legitimate threat.

atlantiswasreal

few good fights coming up. can't wait to watch sergio martinez tomorrow. i'm not going to be at home so i'm going to a birthday party - i'm going to beg the host to put on that fight!

Versive

Post by Versive »

dubs wrote:Good look on the Zab link Versive. :cheers:

I guess he's a champ again, technically.

Saul is my young blood. I thought he should have been able to put Hatton away. Or does Hatton really have that solid of a chin?

I was really hyped on Berto like 2 years ago. I thought he would be amazing. Since then, i think he has showed he is above average, but not great. Maybe with this fight he can Show n Prove.
No problem.

I never saw the younger Hatton fight before this one, but he sort of strikes me as one of those batshit englishmen who enjoys taking punishment and you could see it in his demeanor a few times during the fight, like dude gets clocked, his face gets pushed to the back of his head and he smiles about it but not in that 'oh that didn't hurt way,' but in the 'yes that hurt, i liked it' way. Plus he did go down twice when the ref was breaking them up and warning Alvarez for a low blow or a rabid punch, just not knockdowns technically (I loved when the ref was screaming at him to get up the 2nd time though). Nevertheless you gotta give it up to him for hanging in there.

I'm definitely looking forward to that Berto fight.

Versive

Post by Versive »

I don't know much about Dzinziruk. Yall think Martinez is going to knock him out? Or should I be asking how quick is Martinez going to knock him out?

atlantiswasreal

Versive wrote:I don't know much about Dzinziruk. Yall think Martinez is going to knock him out? Or should I be asking how quick is Martinez going to knock him out?
i don't pretend to know shit about dzinziruk. i've never seen him fight before and i don't know anything about him really other than the fact that he's a belt holder. i do know, that even though he's european and has mainly just fought over there - not sure if he's actually fought overseas before - that he is supposed to be good. he might be like calzhage where you think he sucks because he hasn't faced stiffer US competition but turns out to be the shit. so who knows, it could be a competitive match. i'm pretty sure the guy is not a push over, though. so i'm looking forward to seeing what he's got and also how sergio martinez will fair against him. could be an early knockout, could go the distance.

The Aluminum Falcon

Cotto Vs Mayorga: http://roger-that.tk/

ADR

Post by ADR »

Anxious to get a look at where Andy Lee is at this point.

Foreman too, but I have lowered expectations after his knee catastrophe.

Req

Post by Req »

what tim'e's the main fight expected? 11pm?
F.U. MOOLAH

ADR

Post by ADR »

Lee/ McEwan is an action fight...who woulda thought

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Man, just switched over since basketball just finished. Nice KO.

ADR

Post by ADR »

Maravilla looking for that overhand left. He's not trying to outbox this man for another 6 rounds. He's getting tired.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Strategy worked.

The Aluminum Falcon

Great performance from Sergio.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Love watching Sergio . (nh)
They kept mentioning Kirkland as a possible future opponent, what do the experts on here think of him?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

atlantiswasreal

cotto fight for those that missed it. http://www.fileserve.com/file/uNwrjXT/s ... id-kyr.avi

The Aluminum Falcon

Sounds like Cotto Margarito 2 is up next.Really want to see Cotto get his revenge.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

holy shit at mayorga in that third round. I like that dumb little fucker. hahaha.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;