Official College Football Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Official College Football Season Thread

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Probably needs a thread.

Two ranked teams are in action tonight (Wisconsin and Mississippi State). Meaningful football is back. Fuck yeah.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

fuck yes! great matchup tonight, this weekend is gonna rule

:jiz:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

fuck yes indeed. will watch wisc/unlv tonight solely to rejoice that college football is back
moved by duck muscles

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Rumors of Mizzou to the SEC? If that happens who drives home the final nail to the BIG12 Texas or OU?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Prophecy wrote:FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Must see games of the week

The Wisconsin game tonight mostly because its the only team I even remotely care about playing tonight.

NW v BC noon Sat
FSU v Louisana Monroe 330 Sat
Oregon v LSU 8 Sat
Miami v Maryland Mon

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Ramen wrote:Rumors of Mizzou to the SEC? If that happens who drives home the final nail to the BIG12 Texas or OU?
OU is the only school that really matters for the future of the B12. Mizzou can leave and its a big whoop to the networks they are paying for 2 teams in that conference.

The Mizzou rumor I am seeing on some the more connected SEC sites does not have all that much too it. They where basically very briefly discussed as the 14.

If I had to make a guess on who will be 14 it would go WVU, Louisville, Mizzou and Pitt. I am getting the feeling more and more that TAM is not going to end up with the SEC invite when all is said and done.

FSU and Oklahoma are the only 2 teams that will move the needle ratings wise for the networks. OU seems unlikely to go to the SEC with their first 2 choices being the Pac 12 and B1G as well as staying put. FSU might be blocked as part of the gentlemens agreement (which I am now starting to believe has to do with ACC doomsday type sceniros as much as the athletic side) but even if not Slive might not want to raid the ACC and FSU on the academic side is more than happy in the ACC.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

ThaJim2 wrote:

The Wisconsin game tonight mostly because its the only team I even remotely care about playing tonight.

NW v BC noon Sat
Oregon v LSU 8 Sat
Miami v Maryland Mon
USF v ND? Come on buddy, Noles are gonna be up by 49 at half time.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^That is completely my fault. I knew they played on Sat but when I looked at the scedule I just missed the game so I thought it was possible that the game was week 2 but will still only be looking on during commericals or the second tv.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ThaJim2 wrote:

NW v BC noon Sat
Oregon v LSU 8 Sat
Miami v Maryland Mon
agreed

but... i think you forgot

golden gophers @ USC

:megaman:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

what the shit. anyone care to tell me what the good word is on streaming sites these days? atdhe was my go to but their espn isn't working atm
moved by duck muscles

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Besides Oregon/LSU, I'm looking forward to the Bruins playing Houston at the Rose Bowl this Saturday. Casey Keenum is in his 8th year at the school at QB. Can't wait to see if we can hurt him again like last year.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Big Breeze wrote:Besides Oregon/LSU, I'm looking forward to the Bruins playing Houston at the Rose Bowl this Saturday. Casey Keenum is in his 8th year at the school at QB. Can't wait to see if we can hurt him again like last year.
im pretty sure houston will win that one and it wont be close. sorry breeze.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

alpha wrote:
Big Breeze wrote:Besides Oregon/LSU, I'm looking forward to the Bruins playing Houston at the Rose Bowl this Saturday. Casey Keenum is in his 8th year at the school at QB. Can't wait to see if we can hurt him again like last year.
I made a mistake in saying that game is at the Rose Bowl, but Houston won't know what to prepare for. We have new coaches on both sides of the ball and that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Our skill position players are nice. It's just a question on who will get them the ball because Slick Rick is being a trick on which QB is going to start.

Houston doesn't have the type of talent to fuck with us. We served them last year and we will do so again. If we don't then the first :copy: of the year is on me.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Dear Field goal Jesus,

Fuck you

Sincerely,
The USF Bulls
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

little help up in here up in here?
trying to catch this tcu tonight
moved by duck muscles

alpha

Post by alpha »

Big Breeze wrote:
alpha wrote:
I made a mistake in saying that game is at the Rose Bowl, but Houston won't know what to prepare for. We have new coaches on both sides of the ball and that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Our skill position players are nice. It's just a question on who will get them the ball because Slick Rick is being a trick on which QB is going to start.

Houston doesn't have the type of talent to fuck with us. We served them last year and we will do so again. If we don't then the first :copy: of the year is on me.
case keenum gonna run n shoot all over the place.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

LilLeftBrain wrote:little help up in here up in here?
trying to catch this tcu tonight
Dunno if you access to ESPN 3 but it will be on there.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

yeah, checked that out earlier but since I just have internet w/ time warner i don't qualify. was one click away from saying fuck it and subscribing to cable just for college football season. still thinking about it
moved by duck muscles

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ref just called this penalty in the TCU Baylor game:

"False start everyone but the center 5yd penalty"

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

this justin.tv site doing the deed for now

"false start. everyone but the center."
lulz

e: too slooow
moved by duck muscles

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Griiffin is looking really sharp tonight. TCU is really showing how hard it is to replace a kid like Daulton

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

well it was well worth skipping opening night and breaking in the season with this game. so much fun so far
moved by duck muscles

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

game is amazing.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

TCU's defense is getting shredded

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

:ohsh: at Kendall White :ohsh:

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

OMG RG3

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Ramen wrote:OMG RG3
!!!
moved by duck muscles

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Yeah, Griff is killin it right now. He's most definitely in the zone.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Heeeerrrrreee come the frogs!