***NFC North Thread***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

i'm not even posting this to mock AP or the Viks (or Kel, who is in full TWolves season form anyway), it's just a funny picture...

@an-also (no ric)
the Giants are healthy and play the type of game that can beat the Pack. I think they'll kill Atlanta. Hope we get some swirling winds at Lambeau to disgruntle Eli or something.

I suppose the Lions have a shot against the Saints, but then again any team in the playoffs has a shot to win. I can't see them getting it done in the Superdome. Brees is going to shred.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Urlacher has no major ACL damage.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Matt Flynn just made himself a lot of money

Before I get to Flynn, a few words on Detroit quarterback Matthew Stafford.

Jets, Eagles are NFL's most disappointing teams
Source: SI

SI.com's Andrew Perloff explains why the New York Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles are the most disappointing teams of the 2011 NFL season.

Stafford was brilliant Sunday at Lambeau Field. What he should do with that game is take every offensive snap, put them on a DVD, and put it in a drawer. When he's 45 and his kids are old enough to understand football greatness, put the DVD on and show them what a special player their father is. Not just for throwing for 520 yards, but for hanging in and dueling the Packers (he can't play defense) on a foul-weather New Year's Day on which he became the fourth quarterback ever to throw for 5,000 yards in a season. It's going to be fun to watch Stafford, Aaron Rodgers and maybe Jay Cutler duel over the next eight or 10 years.

Okay. Now onto Flynn. Imagine the value of a 26-year-old unrestricted free agent quarterback in a market with four quarterback-needy teams (Indianapolis, Miami, Washington, Seattle and maybe Cleveland) who won't all be able to move up to get one of the two quarterbacks expected to go very high in the draft -- Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. That brings us to Flynn. He'll either be a free agent and get to choose whatever team he wants, or have the franchise tag put on him by the Packers and be traded in March or April to the team that likes him the most. My early money's on Washington or Seattle. The Redskins have to have a quarterback if Mike Shanahan is going to have any chance to win, and Seattle GM John Schneider worked for the Pack when Flynn was drafted by Green Bay. But we'll see.

"That's an easy trap to fall into, to be thinking about that right now, but I can't let my mind wander to that, because I love this team too much, and this team has been too good to me,'' Flynn told me after his masterpiece against the Lions. He threw for more yards (480) and touchdowns (six) than any passer in the storied history of the franchise. "I have to be focused on doing whatever I can to help this team win now. So I won't let myself get caught in that.''

Flynn called it "humbling, unbelievable,'' to have played the game he did. "It just got to be a shootout,'' he said of the 45-41 Packer win. "During the week, I had a feeling I might play, and [coach] Mike McCarthy just said to me, 'We're going for it.' We were going to do whatever it took to win with the players who were playing. Aaron [Rodgers] really helped me. The history of developing quarterbacks really helped me, because I've learned to prepare like a starter, and I've learned to physically mimic him as much as possible because he does everything so well.''

Flynn now has started two games in the last two seasons, and you can bet sometime soon (maybe this week) Shanahan and his peers in Miami and Seattle and Cleveland will be putting on the tape of these games:
Opponent Completions-Attempts Completion % Yards TD-Int Rating
New England, 12/19/10 24-37 64.7 251 3-1 100.2
Detroit, 1/1/12 31-44 70.5 480 6-1 136.4
Total 55-81 67.9 731 9-2 123.0

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1iLVcFnvw

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:i'm not even posting this to mock AP or the Viks (or Kel, who is in full TWolves season form anyway), it's just a funny picture...

@an-also (no ric)
the Giants are healthy and play the type of game that can beat the Pack. I think they'll kill Atlanta. Hope we get some swirling winds at Lambeau to disgruntle Eli or something.

I suppose the Lions have a shot against the Saints, but then again any team in the playoffs has a shot to win. I can't see them getting it done in the Superdome. Brees is going to shred.
:naswtf:

im a comedic goon and even my photos aren't that :angoon:

smh
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

alright alright, what if you couldn't see that he's in a hospital bed and could only see the New Years digs? would it be more appropriate then?

i have a serious question: who do you want the Viks to take at #3? Cause Justin Blackmon looks like a stud but they gotta draft for the O-Line, right?
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

an-also

Post by an-also »

Bears fire Jerry Angelo.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Roy Johnson wrote:Angelo better be packing his bags after this season.
FIRED

Now he can get back into his element as a special teams scout. That's his true area of expertise.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote: who do you want the Viks to take at #3? Cause Justin Blackmon looks like a stud but they gotta draft for the O-Line, right?
i won't set up my board for a while. but when you have as many needs as the vikings the one pick is virtually meaningless in terms of sustained, winning football programs like the green bay football packers.

Off the cuff i say trade ponder, trade peterson, sign dewayne bowe, matt flynn and vincent jackson, grab a new secondary, two linebacks, coaching staff, stadium and somewhere to play next year

an-also

Post by an-also »

Ponder Assured Vikings Won't Draft Quarterback
4th January, 2012 - 4:38 pm
NFL.com - Vikings rookie quarterback Christian Ponder said he has been assured by the team that it won't select a quarterback in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Minnesota has the third overall pick in April's NFL Draft.

"I have been," Ponder told "The Dan Patrick Show" when asked if he had been informed a quarterback won't be drafted.

"I talked to our GM (Rick Spielman) yesterday."

Spielman, who was promoted from vice president of player personnel to general manager on Tuesday, gave Ponder a vote of confidence.

"(Coach) Leslie (Frazier) will make the decision on who is starting quarterback. But I have the utmost faith in Christian Ponder," Spielman said.

"The quarterback positions, there's a lot of growing pains involved. I have the utmost confidence Christian Ponder will be our franchise quarterback."

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... z1iaoRwRr3

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

^seems right, can't give up on a first round QB already especially given how bad his O-Line was and with no real #1 target.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

lot's of irrefutable logic being tossed on the table. it's printed right there in black and white so I won't conclude anything but a 10 year stretch of moar terrible vikings football. maybe they should go to LA

get a fresh start

in which case ponder will win 3 championships

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

if i were a Bear fan i'd be yelling to for someone to take control and fire Lovie and hire Jeff Fisher right now before one of these other teams (STL or Miami) jump in.

Roy?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:if i were a Bear fan i'd be yelling to for someone to take control and fire Lovie and hire Jeff Fisher right now before one of these other teams (STL or Miami) jump in.

Roy?
Eh, it's hopeless. Lovie ain't going anywhere.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

an-also

Post by an-also »

Mike Tice offensive coordinator in chicago? :naswtf:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Why is Fisher considered such a good coach?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

He walks that fine line of being hardass and a players coach at the same time. He's always had good coordinators and has no problem delegating. He's a supreme motivator and is professional as they come. (He also teaches his defense all kinds of dirty tricks).

He's not the Hoodie, but who's available that you'd love to have? I think Mike Zimmer's a pretty damn good candidate.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Not sure, but I always felt like Fisher was overrated.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

an-also wrote:Mike Tice offensive coordinator in chicago? :naswtf:
yeah, really confused by this.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Fuck. Sad News from the packer family.
Son of Packers' Philbin reported missing

By Kevin Seifert
Let's all hope for a positive ending to this story from the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

The son of Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin was reported missing Sunday night. Police in Oshkosh, Wis., are seeking information on the whereabouts of Michael T. Philbin, 21, who was last heard from early Sunday morning.

Joe Philbin has been a Packers assistant coach since 2003 and their offensive coordinator since 2007. He has been named as a candidate for multiple NFL head coaching jobs recently, and interviewed for openings last week with the Kansas City Chiefs and on Saturday with the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins job remains unfilled. It's also possible that Philbin could be a candidate for the Oakland Raiders' job if incumbent Hue Jackson is fired by new general manager Reggie McKenzie, a longtime former Packers executive. The Packers will reconvene Monday at Lambeau Field to begin preparations for Sunday's divisional playoff game against the New York Giants.

This is a private issue that will play out partly in public due to police involvement. We'll do our best to respect both sides of that.
Brandt

Talked with Packer employees and friends of Philbins. Body found in river was Michael Philbin's. So terribly sad.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

an-also wrote:Fuck. Sad News from the packer family.

nds of Philbins. Body found in river was Michael Philbin's. So terribly sad.
This kid was a rapist http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/40400607.html

Still a sad story, just another kid who slipped through the cracks. At least he was able to get his dick wet one last time.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:

Still a sad story, just another kid who slipped through the cracks. At least he was able to get his dick wet one last time.
OH YOU! :angoon:
Matthews: Packers dedicating game to Philbins wrote:Green Bay -- This space on JS Online has been typically devoted to analyzing and breaking things down all season. Today -- regarding a horrific tragedy -- there are no words. Offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's 21-year-old son, Michael, has been identified. Oshkosh police confirmed that the body found in the Fox River is indeed his.

It's the worst kind of tragedy imaginable. A nightmare. And in five days, the Green Bay Packers play a football game.

There is no media availability today but linebacker Clay Matthews did appear on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. He says the team will dedicate this divisional round game to the Philbins. Somehow, this team built within a family atmosphere will try to rally together.

"It's a terrible tragedy," Matthews said. "Being that the Packers organization is truly a family-first environment, we feel for the Philbin family. It goes without saying this game and how we approach it and how we play it will be dedicated to him. Hopefully we do it the right way."

On Monday, Mike McCarthy said there is a plan in place if Philbin is unable to coach this weekend. I'd be very surprised if we saw Philbin at the Packers' game this weekend.

Michael Philbin was the second of six children for Joe and Diane Philbin.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:

the packers have been harboring rapists for decades. mark chumura was renowned for his sexual assaults on children for years before he was actually called on it.

the stories i've heard from people inside the organization would shock you as it pertains to accepted levels of homosexual perverseness on children

instead, they release the stories of running backs breaking into the home's of women to defecate in their closet. not as alarming as sexual assault on children but still disturbing

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:
an-also wrote:Mike Tice offensive coordinator in chicago? :naswtf:
yeah, really confused by this.
shouldn't confuse you kids that much. tice has done more with less than most of the big names you hear tossed around. he took a horrid bears line and turned them into a formidable group.

when tice was a head coach, which was basically a cash flow decision to ride out the red mccombs era, he defeated the packers in green bay IN THE PLAYOFFS whilst being a 13 point dog.

underrated coach

an-also

Post by an-also »

Randy Ratio >>>>

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

capable_keL wrote:
the packers have been harboring rapists for decades. mark chumura was renowned for his sexual assaults on children for years before he was actually called on it.

the stories i've heard from people inside the organization would shock you as it pertains to accepted levels of homosexual perverseness on children

instead, they release the stories of running backs breaking into the home's of women to defecate in their closet. not as alarming as sexual assault on children but still disturbing
How are the acts of a coach's family member related to the team?
"We have been aware of the situation involving coach Joe Philbin's family for some time," it said. "We consider this to be a family matter and will continue to respect the privacy of the Philbin gamily."
i love all your "inside information" from your "sources". you're a trolling extraordinaire.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

but i like the mention of Najeh Davenport

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

hey, it's a slow week. cut me some slack. you can't find hate this good anywhere

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

I want to know if he got consent before penetrating the ice.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Rapping Coffin wrote:I want to know if he got consent before penetrating the ice.
in wisconsin, underage kids and dead deer all fall under the implied consent law.

or

if you are in a bright orange snow suit you have the right way. most carry a cheese hat in their car in case of police getting in the way

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

naturalborn103 wrote:Not sure, but I always felt like Fisher was overrated.
You might be the dumbest motherfucker to ever post in this forum. Fisher was/is one of the best game-planners to ever do it. He never had an abundance of talent, but his in-game strategy is unfuckwittable.