***NFC North Thread***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

an-also

Post by an-also »

Roy Johnson wrote: Henry Burris
:bow: This dude tore up the cfl

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

:lol: @ cfl

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Roy Johnson wrote:
an-also wrote:Where does Caleb rank among the worst bears qbs ever?
I'm not sure about all-time, but since the Jim Harbaugh era (gay at the time, glorious in retrospect), he'd probably come close to cracking a Top 10 list.

Cade McNown
Henry Burris
Kordell Stewart
Todd Collins
Jeff Blake
Chad Hutchinson
Craig Krenzel
Jonathan Quinn
Chris Chandler
Steve Stenstrom
Moses Moreno
Rick Mirer

Lots of competition for the crown. I should clarify that Kordell Stewart was pretty dreadful by the time he signed with the Bears.

Can't believe we had Jim Harbaugh :bow:
i remember denny green saying he would trade for rick mirer and 'give him the keys'.. this was pre the first brad johnson era before culpepper was drafted

i still have visions of jim miller coming in for an injured cade and throwing 370 yards in the second half

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Rodgers named AP Male Athlete of the Year
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- When Aaron Rodgers needs to rekindle the feelings that drove his rise from a junior college quarterback to Super Bowl MVP, he doesn't have to look too far.

Rodgers held on to the many rejection letters he received from marquee college programs as he was coming out of high school. Even today, he leaves a few of them sitting out at his house.

"I chose the couple that I thought were most demeaning to display in a space in my house that really nobody is able to see but myself," Rodgers said. "It's something that I think is important to keep fresh on your mind. Maybe not every day, but once a week your eyes might pan across it and you have a little laugh about the journey you've been on -- at the same time, remembering that there still are people out there that you can prove something to."

Rodgers is the 2011 Male Athlete of the Year, chosen by members of The Associated Press, after he turned in an MVP performance in the Green Bay Packers' Super Bowl victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in February and then went on to lead his team on a long unbeaten run this season.

Rodgers received 112 votes out of the 212 ballots submitted from U.S. news organizations that make up the AP's membership. Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander finished second with 50 votes, followed by tennis standout Novak Djokovic (21), Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Cam Newton (6) and NASCAR champion Tony Stewart (5).

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

did anyone catch arod PTI???????????????

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:did anyone catch arod PTI???????????????
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7377567
The rodg with a little jab to Kornheiser at the end there.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Life at Butte College

oh, gay-rodge.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Fat Ass Wisconsin Republican Idiot Makes Fun of Michelle Obama's Butte wrote: We know we're in a nasty political climate but partisanship has gone way, way too far when a Republican Congressman attacks the First Lady for having a 'large posterior.'

Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner you are a rude dude. You recently were heard complaining loudly at the Delta Crown lounge at Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C., that Michelle Obama should practice what she preaches with her "Let's Move" campaign, promoting healthy eating and exercise habits.
"She lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself," he complained on the phone.

In other words, Congressman Sensenbrenner -- you had the nerve to say that the nation's First Lady has a big butt! In fact, the same Congressman was heard at a church bazaar earlier that week complaining again about Michelle Obama's exercise campaign and referencing her "big butt"!

Congressman, your behavior is wrong on so many levels, I am completely horrified.

#1) It is rude for ANY man to comment on what he perceives as ANY woman's figure flaws.

#2) It is hellacious behavior to do this to our First Lady, who deserves your respect. Her husband was elected by the American people and she graciously works to represent our country internationally and to help as many Americans as she can, in her unpaid position.

#3) Michelle Obama is NOT a political figure. She is not out there attacking you or any other Republicans and should not be the subject of personal attack. Her efforts to reduce obesity especially childhood obesity are HUGELY commendable because we have a HUGE problem in this country. Over 33.8 percent of U.S. adults are obese ,as are 17 percent of children and teens.

#4) Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You sir, ARE FAT! Apparently, one of your favorite foods is cheetos and it shows! If you were smart, you would get with Michelle Obama's program and get moving!

#5) The disrespect you showed for the First Lady is actually disrespect for our institution of the Presidency itself. Is that what you wanted to show? Would you show equal disrespect for a Republican First Lady and how would you feel if a Democrat attacked a Republican First Lady? Actually how would you feel if someone said this about YOUR wife? You'd probably be the first to scream about it.

when kel takes his jabs at Wisconsin whiteys...i understand. sometimes i wanna move south :owens:

to keep this football related...
Packers' Finley keeps focus on field, not fans wrote:Green Bay - There isn't a bigger target than Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley.

Not on the field or off it.

At 6-5, 247 pounds, Finley continually attracts the eye of quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who last week against Kansas City directed 10 passes in his direction, twice as many as he did any other receiving option.

Flamboyant and

an-also

Post by an-also »

an-also

Post by an-also »

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

an-also wrote:Image
thanks for posting this.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

it's kind of funny in slow motion because you can see how he stumbles flat on his face, but it's just the fact that it's Urlacher and Briggs running into each other that makes it great.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

an-also

Post by an-also »

So AP tore his ACL and MCL. He might not be ready for the start of next year.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

PEACE

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

hahaha

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:So AP tore his ACL and MCL. He might not be ready for the start of next year.
if he is, he won't be what he was. packer nation is overcome with glee

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

oh dont give me that, that injury is a terrible thing for a great player. the consensus in the room full of obese pasteoid country music radio pro-scott walker faggots i watched the Pack/Bear game with was that seeing AP go down like that wasn't toby keith (cool).

in general i think cheering when players you dislike go down is serious faggotry.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

yeah, but you're an elite, refined pasteoid whom has actually seen green bay and understands the world. you're an outstanding football connoisseur first, and a packer fan second

an-also

Post by an-also »

NFC Norf bout to stay the best division in football for the foreseeable future.

[quote] Our list of the 30 best players in the NFC North under 30

BY SEAN JENSEN sjensen@suntimes.com December 28, 2011 9:06PM

The Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers clinched the NFC North nearly a month ago and they secured the NFCג€™s No. 1 seed by defeating the Bears at Lambeau Field on Sunday.

But as they prepare for another championship run, the Packersג€™ dominance of the division doesnג€™t appear fleeting, based on their bountiful roster, ripe with young talent.

With insights from 10 NFL scouts, personnel executives and assistant coaches, the Sun-Times has ranked the best 30 players in the NFC North under the age of 30. Eliminated were players who turn 30 before next training camp ג€“ like Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen ג€“ and rookies who havenג€™t played in at least 10 games.

Hereג€™s how the players stacked up:

1) Aaron Rodgers ג€“ Packers, QB, 27, D1-05 ג€“ He limits his turnovers, he carries his offense, and he represents his franchise with distinction. Whatג€™s not to like?

2) Calvin Johnson ג€“ Lions, WR, 26, D1-07 ג€“ Heג€™s a specimen (6 foot 5, 236 pounds, and he runs the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds), but heג€™s also highly productive, leading the NFC in receiving yards and scoring 14 touchdowns.

3) Adrian Peterson ג€“ Vikings, RB, 26, D1-07 ג€“ While most athletes may need a year to recover from an MCL and ACL tear, the Vikings insist they are targeting a full return by the regular season. Who is going to doubt one of the NFLג€™s most feared runners?

4) Jay Cutler ג€“ Bears, QB, 28, T-09 (from Denver) ג€“ With the divisionג€™s weakest receiver corps and arguably the weakest offensive line, heג€™s reinforced his importance to his teamג€™s offense in his absence because of a broken right thumb. Several scouts said he has the physical tools to be one of the NFLג€™s best quarterbacks, although he hasnג€™t shown the consistency.

5) Matthew Stafford ג€“ Lions, QB, 23, D1-09 ג€“ After playing through injuries, heג€™s been dominant the last three games, with no interceptions and nine touchdowns, including a game-winner in Oakland to Johnson.

6) Greg Jennings ג€“ Packers, WR, 28, D2-06 ג€“ The numbers donג€™t do him justice, as scouts and coaches insist that he is one of the toughest receivers in the NFL to defend, because of his hands, his smarts and his bursts of speed.

7) Ndamukong Suh ג€“ Lions, DT, 24, D1-10 ג€“ His production and play have significantly tailed off from his rookie season, but he is still one of the most feared defenders in the game because of his size and speed.

8) Clay Matthews ג€“ Packers, LB, 25, D1-09 ג€“ Heג€™s mostly likely going to fall short of double-digits sacks for a third consecutive season. But heג€™s still a terror, tied for second in the league in quarterback knockdowns and hurries, according to STATS.

9) Matt Forte ג€“ Bears, RB, 26, D2-08 ג€“ His season was cut short by four games, just three rushing yards short of 1,000. But he showcased his versatility and importance to the Bears during a 7-3 start.

10) Jordy Nelson ג€“ Packers, WR, 26, D2-08 ג€“ An ideal complement to Jennings, he had his breakout performance in Super Bowl XLV (9 catches, 140 yards and one touchdown), and he hasnג€™t slowed down since with 1,101 yards and 12 touchdowns.

11) Cliff Avril ג€“ Lions, DE, 25, D3-08 ג€“ Heג€™s already got a career-high 11 sacks, but heג€™s also forced six fumbles, and his interception for a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers Sunday showcased his athleticism.

12) Percy Harvin ג€“ Vikings, WR, 23, D1-09 ג€“ Despite sketchy quarterback play the last two seasons ג€“ as well as migraines that have limited him in practice and even in games ג€“ he is still one of the NFLג€™s most versatile playmakers.

13) Devin Hester ג€“ Bears, WR, 29, D2-06 ג€“ He hasnג€™t been able to make a breakthrough as a receiver, but heג€™s still the leagueג€™s most feared return man, capable of turning a game or at least changing the field position.

14) Chad Greenway ג€“ Vikings, LB, 28, D1-06 ג€“ After signing a lucrative contract, he hasnג€™t been nearly the playmaker he was the last couple seasons. But, scouts and coaches insist heג€™s still a cornerstone defender because of his athleticism and football IQ.

15) Henry Melton ג€“ Bears, DT, 25, D4-09 ג€“ Coach Lovie Smith predicted his emergence, and he hasnג€™t disappointed with seven sacks. Scouts say heג€™ll only get better, but he needs to become more consistent and well rounded.

16) B.J. Raji ג€“ Packers, DT, 25, D1-09 ג€“ His impact canג€™t be measured in sacks, since heג€™s the anchor of his teamג€™s 3-4 defense. But he had 6

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Top 5 should of been:

1) Rodgers
2) AP (If you believe he can reach pre-injury form)
3) Calvin Johnson
4) Suh
5) Forte

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Evan Dietrich-Smith has no hard feelings wrote:GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith said Ndamukong Suh called him to apologize a few days after the Lions defensive lineman's infamous Thanksgiving Day stomp.

As far as Dietrich-Smith is concerned, that was the end of a widely publicized incident that got Suh suspended for two games -- and briefly made Dietrich-Smith famous for all the wrong reasons.

"He's cool, he apologized, and there's no hard feelings and that's pretty much it," Dietrich-Smith said.

With the Lions coming to Lambeau Field for Sunday's regular-season finale, Dietrich-Smith doesn't expect anything out of the ordinary to happen between him and Suh if they're on the field together.

"I think we've all moved past it," Dietrich-Smith said. "It's a big learning experience for everybody. I think everyone in the league can take note of everything that happened and I think every player is going to take a step forward to move past that kind of stuff."

Even in the heat of the moment, Dietrich-Smith said he wasn't tempted to snap back at Suh.

"Stuff happens," Dietrich-Smith said. "It's football. It's an emotional game. Sometimes you get carried away and you learn from those kinds of things, and that's about it."

Dietrich-Smith is a backup for the Packers and was playing on Thanksgiving after an injury to right guard Josh Sitton. He has started four straight games since then because of injuries, three at right guard and one at left guard.

Now Dietrich-Smith hopes he'll be better known for his play instead of as the guy who was stomped by Suh.

"It's always better when it's about football," Dietrich-Smith said. "That's how we're always looking forward. Our performances on the field are always going to speak more than the words we (say) in the locker room."

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said he doesn't expect any retribution toward Suh from the Packers.

"Ndamukong didn't plan on doing that," Schwartz said in a conference call with members of the media in Green Bay. "He lost his composure in the heat of the moment. I'd be very, very surprised if any team -- Green Bay Packers included -- was to plan something like that. It's a very physical game, it's tough, sometimes people make decisions on the field, but I'd be very surprised if anything like that's premeditated."

:omggay:

an-also

Post by an-also »

naturalborn103 wrote:Top 5 should of been:

1) Rodgers
3) Calvin Johnson
4) Suh
5) Forte
If im starting a team, I'm going

Rodgers
Stafford
Cutler
Megatron
Suh

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Calvin Johnson makes Stafford. Without Johnson I think Stafford is just a strong armed, bad accuracy, mediocre QB. I think it is crazy to put Stafford over Johnson.

Also, I am not so high on Cutler, but that is debateble.

ric

Post by ric »

@analso
i dont get it. if youre starting a team you would get 3 qbs in the first 3 picks?

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

an-also wrote:

1) Rodgers
3) Calvin Johnson
4) Suh
5) Forte

Rodgers
Stafford
Cutler
Megatron
Suh
i'd rather start a team with Cutler than Stafford at QB.

an-also

Post by an-also »

ric wrote:@analso
i dont get it. if youre starting a team you would get 3 qbs in the first 3 picks?
That's the order of who I would pick first overall if I were starting a team from scratch. If rodgers wasn't on the board, I'd take staff etc.

an-also

Post by an-also »

naturalborn103 wrote:Calvin Johnson makes Stafford. Without Johnson I think Stafford is just a strong armed, bad accuracy, mediocre QB. I think it is crazy to put Stafford over Johnson.
Dude, the kid is 23 years old. Its his first season fully starting and he's killing it. He's only going to get better. I doubt he becomes shit without CJ. Did Shawn Hill put up these type of numbers playing with CJ the last couple of years?

And I value qb's over receivers anyways.
Last edited by an-also on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:
an-also wrote:

1) Rodgers
3) Calvin Johnson
4) Suh
5) Forte

Rodgers
Stafford
Cutler
Megatron
Suh
i'd rather start a team with Cutler than Stafford at QB.
Debatable. Both are sort of similar. I'll take staff because he's 5 years younger and because Cutler more prone to head scratching throws.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

an-also wrote: Dude, the kid is 23 years old. Its his first season fully starting and he's killing it.
He is a starting NFL QB, I am not debating that, but I think he is an average one. It is a lot easier to put up #s when you have a WR who takes 2-3 defenders out of every single play... And you can still just throw it up to him in desperation and have %50 of him coming down with it.
an-also wrote: Did Shawn Hill put up these type of numbers playing with CJ the last couple of years?
Shaun Hill is a career back up at best, comparing them does nothing. If you put Cutler back there, or any other starting QB with a arm I bet they would do good too.
an-also wrote:And I value qb's over receivers anyways.
I do too, but I think Calvin Johnson makes Stafford. You could find another QB to throw it up to him, but you are not going to find a another Megatron.

an-also

Post by an-also »

1. Anyone think Lions have a shot @ New Orleans? They didn't fare too badly earlier this season up there but stupid penalties killed them. I think if they can hold serve for the first quarter, they might have a chance because their offense can certainly put up points vs the saints defense. Saints will most likely win though.

2. Packers will end up playing either the Giants, Falcons or lions. In order of who I'd like them to play I'd go : Falcons, Lions, Giants. Giants DLine scares me and they seem to have the swag about playing anywhere and thinking they can win.