***NFC North Thread***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

Ponder with a TD in garbage time, 79 yards against the vaunted Saints defense.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:Ponder with a TD in garbage time, 79 yards against the vaunted Saints defense.
:copy:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

okay... here's the deal as it stands:

we got homefield
we know what needs to be fixed
we can now rest guys who are hurt
first round bye
no more perfection pressure
starks close to back
jennings will be fresh for playoffs
teams will have to go thru green bay to play in the bowl

this should benefit the pack more than anything

it's about back to back championships now...
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Tough break for the first round stud
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Green Bay Packers rookie Derek Sherrod has been taken off the field on a stretcher after Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali rolled into his left knee early in the fourth quarter Sunday.

Sherrod took over in the first half when starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga went down with what the team called a knee injury, though it wasn't clear which knee he hurt. Sherrod was the Packers' first-round draft pick out of Mississippi State.

Sherrod was blocking near the end of a pass play when Hali slammed into his left knee. It buckled at a gruesome angle and Sherrod remained down on the turf while trainers tended to him.

His left knee was eventually put in an air cast and he was taken off the field on a cart.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

The Pope Fumble

watching this back.. it was a touch back, no question. why wasn't this challenged?

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

capable_keL wrote:The Pope Fumble

watching this back.. it was a touch back, no question. why wasn't this challenged?
Mike was fumbling for his flag and couldn't get to it in time.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i guess everyone takes their ball and goes home after a few losses. bunch of fake NFC Norf faggots.

Tramon Williams: Losing is no relief
The Green Bay Packers hadnג€™t lost in nearly a calendar year. Itג€™s no surprise that they seemed a little stunned after losing to the woeful Chiefs on Sunday.

Just donג€™t try to tell the Packers that a loss was somehow a good thing.

ג€œYou always want to make history,ג€ cornerback Tramon Williams said via Pete Doughtery of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. ג€œWe didnג€™t get a chance to do that, itג€™s over. Iג€™d like to say itג€™s a relief, but itג€™s not. Itג€™s not a relief.ג€

Charles Woodson said he was ג€œa little disappointed. . . . Thatג€™s a special thing when you can do something like that and to have an opportunity to be that close to it. But itג€™s over. Now you have to refocus on winning the next game and moving on from this one.ג€

Aaron Rodgers tried to focus on the positive. And that doesnג€™t simply include the fact the team faces the slumping Bears next week.
Adrian Peterson says Saints went too far taking shots at his ankle
Adrian Peterson says he can accept the fact that when youג€™re an NFL running back and your name is listed on the injury report, teams are going to take shots at your injury. But even accepting that, Peterson thinks the Saints went too far on Sunday.

After the Vikingsג€™ loss to New Orleans, Peterson said Saints cornerback Jabari Greer twisted his ankle in a pile.

ג€œI came into the game kind of expecting that coming back from a high ankle sprain,ג€ Peterson said, via the Times-Picayune. ג€œGuys are going to try to take their shots when weג€™re on the pile and try to twist it up and things like that. I felt like it kind of got overboard. I got up and kind of got in his face. Thank God I was able to keep my composure.ג€

But Peterson says the Saints didnג€™t slow him down: On the play after the incident with Greer, Peterson broke off a 39-yard run.

Lovie Smith isnג€™t sure who will start at quarterback next week
The Bearsג€™ post-Cutler injury collapse hit its nadir Sunday during a 38-14 loss to the Seahawks.

Both Caleb Hanie and Josh McCown threw two interceptions each against Seattle, with two returned for touchdowns. After the game, Lovie Smith didnג€™t know who would start next week.

Smith said the quarterback position is open.

ג€œI mean, itג€™s right after the game and weג€™re disappointed in our performance today in the quarterback position. But I canג€™t tell you any more than that,ג€ Smith said via ESPNChicago.com.

There was a report that Jay Cutler had a shot to play in Week 16 against the Packers, but the Bears may not think itג€™s worth it.

For the Bears to make the playoffs, they would need to win out and get a ton of help. They havenג€™t won a single game since Jay Cutler left.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Ndamukong Suh finally put to bed the kicking incident on Thanksgiving after Sundayג€™s 28-27 victory over the Raiders.

Unprompted by the media after the game, Suh stepped up to the microphone and sincerely apologized for kicking Packers center Evan Dietrich-Smith two weeks ago.

ג€œI made a mistake,ג€ he said in his opening remarks. ג€œThe biggest thing for me is that Iג€™ve dealt with it and moved past it.

ג€œIג€™ve spoken to Dietrich-Smith. I feel that we are on very good terms. Heג€™s a great guy. I got a chance to speak with him on the phone and the biggest thing for me is that Iג€™m happy itג€™s over with.

ג€œI dealt with my suspension and now Iג€™m back on the football field to help my team win. From here on out, Iג€™d rather not speak about it, because itג€™s over and done and in the past.ג€

Suh refused to talk about the incident during his weekly media session last Wednesday, which was also his first practice since being suspended Nov. 29 and his first time in front of the media since the day of the game.

Of course, it was the only thing the media wanted to talk about at the time.

Ironically, the media was more interested in his play on the field Sunday, especially his block of the Raidersג€™ 65-yard field goal try to win on the gameג€™s final play.

ג€œIt probably means something a little bit extra for Ndamukong,ג€ Lions coach Jim Schwartz said after the game. ג€œIt was good to have him back and have him on the field. Anytime you are getting your hands on a field goal when it says zero-zero on the clock, I think itג€™s a difference-making play.ג€

Suh also chipped in two tackles.

ג€œIt was a great moment,ג€ Suh said of the block and the win.

ג€œUsually I donג€™t get that excited about things, but itג€™s what you play the game for. Itג€™s special because itג€™s an opportunity to help our team grow.ג€

Itג€™s also a good way to move on from the past and towards a possible playoff future.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

blastmaster wrote:
capable_keL wrote:The Pope Fumble

Mike was fumbling for his flag and couldn't get to it in time.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/12/18/ ... ope-fumble

i don't know if they would have would have overturned it and went against the call on the field, but to not even throw the red flag is a legit :fail:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Dunnnnleavy wrote: i don't know if they would have would have overturned it and went against the call on the field, but to not even throw the red flag is a legit :fail:
what it dew broleavy? Tough monday for all of us in the office but hey... i saw the film and it looked like it was just a delay in getting the nod from the guys upstairs. mike might want to tuck that red flag in his front and just wear sweatpants so he can get it out real quick.

my sources say bulaga should be fine in a week or two.

an-also

Post by an-also »

How TT ended up hiring McCarthy. This is a great piece of writing by Tom Silverstein

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 06398.html

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

This is some amazing journalism right here.

Packers no strangers to December defeats

GREEN BAY, Wis. ג€” Under coach Mike McCarthy, the Green Bay Packers have had December stinkers on the road before.

In 2007, the year they played the NFC Championship game at home, they were destroyed by the Chicago Bears, 35-7, in bitterly cold and windy conditions at Soldier Field in Week 16.

In 2009, the year the Packers qualified for the playoffs as a wildcard, the Pittsburgh Steelers made mincemeat of their defense in beating them, 37-36, at Heinz Field in Week 15.

And last season, the year Green Bay won it all, the Packers stumbled in Detroit, losing a 7-3 clunker at Ford Field in Week 14.

After each of those games the Packers took a big breath, shrugged the loss aside and took care of business. Some say the problem was not hiring Brad Childress. They followed up the next week with convincing victories, and only in the ג€™09 season did they fail to go on and win at least once in the post-season.

Bruised and battered after their 19-14 defeat to the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, the 13-1 Packers face another late-season crucible. A spot in the playoffs doesnג€™t rest on beating the Chicago Bears on Sunday night, but a change of course back to winning football does.

If they donג€™t respond the way they did in each of those other instances, they could go into the playoffs limping instead of sprinting.

"I feel very good about our football team," McCarthy said Monday. "Weג€™re 13-1, our team clearly understands the roller coaster ride that everybody likes to take you on. So itג€™s important to stay in touch with reality.

"We had a chance to look at the video, thereג€™s some things we didnג€™t do very well yesterday that we need to do better and thatג€™s what weג€™re focused on. Iג€™m not going to (over-)react to one game."

The Chiefs game was a gut check for a Packers team that had neither lost nor trailed in the fourth quarter since that loss to the Lions in ג€™10. Despite not having leading receiver Greg Jennings, running back James Starks, defensive end Ryan Pickett and linebacker Desmond Bishop, the Packers were heavy favorites against a slumping Chiefs team.

Overcoming injuries was something the Packers excelled at last season, but until Sunday they had not been tested nearly as harshly this season. When they lost starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga to a knee-cap sprain and his backup, Derek Sherrod, to a broken lower leg, the Packers were playing with three backups across the offensive line.

Still, they should have been able to deal with it better.

"I think anytime you have an experience in the past you can draw from it, whether itג€™s positive or negative," McCarthy said. "I think weג€™re prepared for this. Itג€™s something we talk about; itג€™s something we talked about in the team meeting five minutes ago.

"Weג€™re going to game-plan like we always do, weג€™re not going to restrict anything, and weג€™ll put together a good plan to beat the Chicago Bears."

Even with the injuries, it would seem unlikely McCarthy would hold anything back even if home-field advantage is clinched before Sunday (a 49ers loss Monday night against Pittsburgh or Saturday at Seattle would take care of that). He canג€™t afford to go into the playoffs on a sour note.

Improved health may be enough to revive the offense, which hadnג€™t scored fewer than 24 points in a game this season until Sunday.

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:
9-4 in december in the last 3 years. Nice article.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

an-also wrote:
capable_keL wrote:
9-4 in december in the last 3 years. Nice article.
If they had signed Brad Childress the Pack might not have the worst defense in the NFL?

Anyway.. I'm scared of the Bears, should be a great challenge... evenly matched game.

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

kel's wit remains so cutting edge

mad displays of intelolgence, brolol.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

an-also

Post by an-also »

keep trying

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

lol @ you guys getting mad. 1 loss and you completely lose it. what a shame

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

capable_keL wrote:lol @ you guys getting mad. 1 loss and you completely lose it. what a shame
you removed my extremely relevant article form the Week thread and kept your extremely relevant article.

you've been psychotic with your hate the entire year. before this past weekend the last time i even mentioned the vikings you threw a major :owens: and said it was unfair to pick on a bad team.

who's mad?

you posted an article with a stupid point, bold pointed some losses that weren't even from this year, got called on it being a stupid article. no one's mad, we're just calling your dumb shit, brolol.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

NFL related articles go in the NFL thread. high school basketball threads don't. I have love and affection for you packer fans. You guys take one loss and lose your ability to take a few jabs.

I am right there with you on every pack play, every packer snap. If my hate is too aggressive I'll lay off you. But please maintain the bromance and try to remember what it feels like to win 2 games all year all you prance around in your glass house

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

the article you posted was not only about a game played LAST week, but you know very well it had nothing to do with the actual game of football and was a thinly veiled attempt to repeat that GB fans are white trash. I countered by showing that despicable curmudgeons can be found anywhere, especially across the border in Minnesota. Both articles display that psychosis over sports is bad for the mental health. Both are not the subject of this weeks NFL Games.

Your exploitation of a child abuse story shows that you should follow your bff Tebow and find Jesus.

:iceburglettuce edit: i discovered that you removed it. you recognized the error of your ways. a man must be able to admit his mistakes, thank you capable_kel.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i love my NFC North family

it's christmas

:owens:

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

for now we must celebrate our mutual enjoyment of football and equal understanding of male-and-male cohabitation, for Tebow and Godgers know that blinded hatred was brought to Earth by Lucifer to spark evil online arguments and turn screen names into enemy names.

but on Sunday, you're a fucking asshole again. :cheers:

an-also

Post by an-also »

The gawd josh mccown to make the start vs the pack.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

The Bears might have been 11-3 heading into the Christmas game if Cutler hadn't gotten injured on that fluky bullshit.

Johnny Knox fell down on his route, which led to the interception, which led to the Cutler injury. I don't want to see Knox get broken in half, obviously, but I'm glad that he won't be around for the final two games. Fuck that guy - he falls down more than any WR in the league, and he won't even try to defend against interceptions on balls that aren't catchable. Fuck all Bears receivers besides Earl Bennett, actually.

Angelo better be packing his bags after this season.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

k. bell is nice tho.. reel nice

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135961673.html wrote:Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers thought enough of OT Herb Taylor's workout in front of their personnel staff two weeks ago to put a call into him Tuesday.

Taylor, a sixth-round draft choice of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2007, hasn't been on an active roster since the end of the 2009 season and hasn't played in a regular-season game since '08.

Nevertheless, the Packers brought him back to take a spot on the 53-man roster that opened when rookie OT Derek Sherrod was placed on injured reserve. Sherrod underwent surgery Sunday night to repair a fracture of his lower leg suffered in the fourth quarter of the Packers 19-14 loss to the Chiefs.

The 6-4, 305-pound Taylor was in Denver's training camp this past summer and in the New York Giants' camp in 2010, but in both instances he did not make the roster cut. He was on Denver's active roster at the end of the 2009 season.

The Packers are near crisis mode at tackle after RT Bryan Bulaga sprained his knee cap and Sherrod was lost for the season. They finished the Kansas City game with LG T.J. Lang at right tackle and probably will have to play that way Sunday against Chicago.

If Bulaga is out, Taylor will have to be active Sunday as a potential replacement for either LT Marshall Newhouse or Lang. In 18 games played, Taylor has started just one game.

Taylor worked out for the Packers on Dec. 5 along with offensive linemen Chris White and Jake Vermiglio. The Packers added Vermiglio to their practice squad the next day, then released him last week.

Another option the Packers had was to elevate Chris Campbell, who was on the practice squad last year, got injured in training camp and was re-signed to the practice squad on Nov. 8. However, they obviously felt Taylor was a better option.

The Packers are going to see if LT Chad Clifton can come back from back and hamstring injuries this week, probably with the hope of playing him the final week of the season to see if he would be an option for the playoffs.

The seriousness of Sherrod's injury was apparent after he was brought into surgery hours after breaking his lower leg. The last Packersplayer to suffer an injury of that magnitude was former center Mike Flanagan, who needed two years of rehab before being able to resume his career.

Flanagan had nerve complications, but was able to play 10 productive seasons.

Sherrod's leg injury is the second major one in three weeks. Tight end Andrew Quarless tore his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his knee and will need about 10 months of rehab before returning to the field.

the picture makes me :lol: and alittle bit of :owens: , crises mode on the O-Line.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

herb is better than 4/5 of the vikings offensive line and the critter got some dope frames. easy route to get a ring

an-also

Post by an-also »

Roy Johnson wrote:The Bears might have been 11-3 heading into the Christmas game if Cutler hadn't gotten injured on that fluky bullshit.

Johnny Knox fell down on his route, which led to the interception, which led to the Cutler injury. I don't want to see Knox get broken in half, obviously, but I'm glad that he won't be around for the final two games. Fuck that guy - he falls down more than any WR in the league, and he won't even try to defend against interceptions on balls that aren't catchable. Fuck all Bears receivers besides Earl Bennett, actually.

Where does Caleb rank among the worst bears qbs ever?

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

an-also wrote:
Roy Johnson wrote:The Bears might have been 11-3 heading into the Christmas game if Cutler hadn't gotten injured on that fluky bullshit.

Where does Caleb rank among the worst bears qbs ever?
if i can get a vote in, i think Cade McNown is the worst Bears QB since McMahon because they drafted him #12 overall and was thought to be a legit starter. played two years, finished with career 54.6 Cmp%, 3111 yards, 16 TDs, 19 INTs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... NoCa00.htm

i can remember him inspiring dread and fierce anger among my Bear fan friends watching him as a kid. fuckin lefty thrower, too...

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

an-also wrote:Where does Caleb rank among the worst bears qbs ever?
I'm not sure about all-time, but since the Jim Harbaugh era (gay at the time, glorious in retrospect), he'd probably come close to cracking a Top 10 list.

Cade McNown
Henry Burris
Kordell Stewart
Todd Collins
Jeff Blake
Chad Hutchinson
Craig Krenzel
Jonathan Quinn
Chris Chandler
Steve Stenstrom
Moses Moreno
Rick Mirer

Lots of competition for the crown. I should clarify that Kordell Stewart was pretty dreadful by the time he signed with the Bears.

Can't believe we had Jim Harbaugh :bow:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?