***NFC North Thread***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Re: NFC North Thread

Post by capable_keL »

hey, this is san fran's big shot. you really want to be a championship team? you want to prove last year was real and not a fluke? lay down a victory sunday evening against the packers and i'll finally pretend the 9ers are a legit force

welcome to life when your schedule isn't a joke
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Last year was really flukey. The defense is not flukey, tho they will take a big step back, love the front 7 not so crazy about the back 4. Am I supposed to trust that Carlos Rogers will play like that every year? Will the real Carlos Rogers please stand up? We start basically 2 SS with both guys better at hitting than covering. Having said that we face Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Eli.

but ultimately, and i hate to sound like a broken record here, it all comes down to Alex Smith.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Having said that we face Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Eli.
Bro, you left out Jay Cutler.

In an NFC North thread, of all places.

:jaz:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I'm more afraid of B Marshal, than Cutler. Just don't see the Bears being able to block the Niners upfront.

:lol: at the Bears first drive

edit: followed by a pick 6 :lol: :lol: :lol:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Matt Kalil blocks a kick, justin blackmon gets 24 yards.

adrian peterson is a golden god

an-also

Post by an-also »

Bear week

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

“They Won’t Magically Turn You Into A Lustful Cockmonster”: Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage To The Politician Who Is Offended By An NFL Player Supporting It

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-wont-m ... porting-it
Chris Kluwe wrote:Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo has spoken out in favor of a Maryland ballot initiative that would legalize gay marriage. Yahoo has published a letter that Maryland state delegate Emmett C. Burns Jr. wrote last week to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, urging him to "inhibit such expressions from your employee." This is Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe's response to Burns.

Dear Emmett C. Burns Jr.,

I find it inconceivable that you are an elected official of Maryland's state government. Your vitriolic hatred and bigotry make me ashamed and disgusted to think that you are in any way responsible for shaping policy at any level. The views you espouse neglect to consider several fundamental key points, which I will outline in great detail (you may want to hire an intern to help you with the longer words):

1. As I suspect you have not read the Constitution, I would like to remind you that the very first, the VERY FIRST Amendment in this founding document deals with the freedom of speech, particularly the abridgment of said freedom. By using your position as an elected official (when referring to your constituents so as to implicitly threaten the Ravens organization) to state that the Ravens should "inhibit such expressions from your employees," more specifically Brendon Ayanbadejo, not only are you clearly violating the First Amendment, you also come across as a narcissistic fromunda stain. What on earth would possess you to be so mind-boggingly stupid? It baffles me that a man such as yourself, a man who relies on that same First Amendment to pursue your own religious studies without fear of persecution from the state, could somehow justify stifling another person's right to speech. To call that hypocritical would be to do a disservice to the word. Mindfucking obscenely hypocritical starts to approach it a little bit.

2. "Many of your fans are opposed to such a view and feel it has no place in a sport that is strictly for pride, entertainment, and excitement." Holy fucking shitballs. Did you seriously just say that, as someone who's "deeply involved in government task forces on the legacy of slavery in Maryland"? Have you not heard of Kenny Washington? Jackie Robinson? As recently as 1962 the NFL still had segregation, which was only done away with by brave athletes and coaches daring to speak their mind and do the right thing, and you're going to say that political views have "no place in a sport"? I can't even begin to fathom the cognitive dissonance that must be coursing through your rapidly addled mind right now; the mental gymnastics your brain has to tortuously contort itself through to make such a preposterous statement are surely worthy of an Olympic gold medal (the Russian judge gives you a 10 for "beautiful oppressionism").

3. This is more a personal quibble of mine, but why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate the fact that other people want a chance to live their lives and be happy, even though they may believe in something different than you, or act different than you? How does gay marriage, in any way shape or form, affect your life? If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh shit. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" Will all of your friends suddenly turn gay and refuse to come to your Sunday Ticket grill-outs? (Unlikely, since gay people enjoy watching football too.)

I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won't even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery because all of a sudden they have the same legal rights as the other 90 percent of our population—rights like Social Security benefits, child care tax credits, Family and Medical Leave to take care of loved ones, and COBRA healthcare for spouses and children. You know what having these rights will make gays? Full-fledged American citizens just like everyone else, with the freedom to pursue happiness and all that entails. Do the civil-rights struggles of the past 200 years mean absolutely nothing to you?

In closing, I would like to say that I hope this letter, in some small way, causes you to reflect upon the magnitude of the colossal foot in mouth clusterfuck you so brazenly unleashed on a man whose only crime was speaking out for something he believed in. Best of luck in the next election; I'm fairly certain you might need it.

Sincerely,
Chris Kluwe

P.S. I've also been vocal as hell about the issue of gay marriage so you can take your "I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing" and shove it in your close-minded, totally lacking in empathy piehole and choke on it. Asshole.

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

how concerned are you about the defense? going against alex smith and crabtree is one thing but forte, jay cut, jeffries, and marshall are :ohsh:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

What a day. Cutler finally has some weapons at his disposal, and he was hitting the bullseye on frozen ropes pretty much all day long (save for the first several minutes of the game, which were brutal).

Thursday can't get here soon enough. If I were a betting man, I'd take the over in the Packers/Bears game.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i know people are scoffing at the lions, stafford had some bad throws. but that comeback and the testical fortitude of stafford was pretty fucking impressive

norf > east, west, south

an-also

Post by an-also »

capable_keL wrote:how concerned are you about the defense? going against alex smith and crabtree is one thing but forte, jay cut, jeffries, and marshall are :ohsh:
Pretty concerned. Run defense was garbage. Pass defense was ok but miscommunication led to a couple of big plays. Jennings and Nelson couldn't get any separation. Tex Cobb looks like he will have a pretty big role. Godgers was average at best. Can a week 2 game be a must win?

But if I've learnt anything over the last 5 year trend in the NFL, its that its all about which team is the hottest at the end of the season not in week 1.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Winfield plays days after brother's murder

Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield played Sunday’s game with a heavy heart, thinking of his brother that was murdered late Wednesday night. Winfield talked about football and teammates that helped offer a brief respite.

Much of the focus on Sunday’s 26-23 Vikings win was centered on the much-discussed return of Adrian Peterson to the Vikings lineup. But, behind the scenes, there was an even more emotional drama.

Last Wednesday, Antoine Winfield’s brother was shot in Akron, Ohio. According to police reports, the only murder in Akron that night was Anthony Travis, 30, who was shot by an unknown person while standing outside a vehicle. He was hit with multiple gunshots and was pronounced dead at 12:29 a.m. Nobody has been arrested and Akron police are investigating the homicide.

The team kept the story under wraps and few outside the organization were aware that Winfield was practicing late last week and playing Sunday with an extraordinarily heavy heart.

Winfield was excused from practice Thursday and, as such, had to be listed on the team’s injury report because he did not participate in practice. His absence was listed as non-injury related on the report, and head coach Leslie Frazier said he was dealing with a personal matter. Winfield was processing the death of his brother – having informed Frazier what had occurred.

It seemed unusual on Thursday when a reporter went to Winfield’s locker when he showed up in the final minutes of the weekly Thursday media access to the locker room. Almost without fail, if a reporter asks Winfield if he has a couple minutes to answer questions, he invariably obliges. Rare is the time when he says “no” and, when he does, it’s typically with an explanation – he has to get to a meeting, he’s running late, etc. On Thursday, he declined, which is understandable now. Asked if he had a minute, he said, “I’m not answering any questions today.” That was that. In hindsight, knowing what he was dealing with at the time, it was amazing he was at work at all.

It was that work ethic that prompted a response Sunday from Percy Harvin to a question about how gratifying it was, after having so many games exactly like Sunday’s game go against the Vikings last year, to come out on the winning end. Harvin said the game was a tribute to not only the return of Peterson in miraculous fashion, but his awe and respect for Winfield and his ability to play under such extreme adversity.

“We had a lot of great people we played for today – starting out with Antoine’s brother,” Harvin said. “For him to come out and still be able to play – he didn’t miss a day of work. To lose a brother, it was good for us to get a win for him. You all know A.P. and all the things he battled through. We feel like we completed the day and were able to send both of those of those guys out right.”

Winfield was hesitant to get into too much detail about the murder. However, in a low, sad monotone, Winfield did take the time to thank his brotherhood of teammates. The Vikings kept Winfield’s family tragedy in-house for a few days, but it became clear that his teammates supported him in recent days and that his personal loss was felt throughout the locker room.

Winfield said being with his teammates and being on the field Sunday was therapeutic in many ways. If nothing else, being on the football field – which is so natural for a veteran like Winfield – is a respite from the flood of emotions away from the game.

“Football for me is relaxing,” Winfield said. “When I’m on the field, I’m totally concentrating on that. It took my mind off it for a couple of hours, but it’s something I’ll have to deal with this week.”

Winfield made a point to contact Frazier and was overwhelmed by the support he received from his teammates when he showed up for work on Thursday. At one of the lowest times of his life, his Vikings family let him lean on them and he was more than appreciative.

“It was all love,” Winfield said. “I texted Coach (Frazier) that night (Wednesday). When we came back in for team meetings Thursday, Coach got up and said few words and said a prayer. Everybody came to me on the side to give me their condolences. It was a rough week. A real rough week.”

Winfield will be handling funeral arrangements early this week and his availability for the early part of preparation for the Indianapolis Colts will likely be in question. The pain of the tragedy last week is still fresh. But, the one place where he will be able to feel “normal” and not consumed with his personal grief is with his teammates.

In a sport of tough guys – Winfield being arguably the toughest pound for pound – the emotion they go through as an extended family was obvious when Winfield described the previous four days with his teammates. He could have internalized his pain, but he opted to share it with his teammates and let them know what emotions he was going through. He lost a brother, but has a lot of love and prayers going out for him from his brothers in the Vikings family.

“With these guys, some of them I’ve been around for a very long time, I shared it all with them,” Winfield said. “I let them know how I was feeling. They knew the situation and they were all love. Guys came up and said, ‘I’m sorry about your brother’ or ‘We’re playing for you.’ That was a great thing. I love every man in this locker room. It’s good to have a locker room like ours.”

an-also

Post by an-also »

Winfield is one of my fav players. Terrible news.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

forreal

i didn't even hear about this until today, the NFL is hard enough. i don't know how he played

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Bears Grades
Bears' Webb grows up in opener
Left tackle more than holds his own as offensive line key to win over Colts

The wide receivers took the bows and the cornerbacks got the high-fives, but the Bears won their opener Sunday because they beat the Colts in the trenches.

The play of the Bears offensive line was particularly eye-opening. And no one played better on that line than the previously beleaguered J'Marcus Webb.

The left tackle didn't even require all the help that new offensive boss Mike Tice promised he would give, if necessary.

Tice was cautious initially, giving Webb some sort of help on five of the first dozen passing plays. But once Colts premier pass rusher Dwight Freeney went out with an ankle injury and it became apparent Mr. Webb had his wits about him, Tice let Webb cross the busy street by himself.

Webb had double-team help on only four the Bears' last 29 dropbacks (including penalties). And he kept his quarterback clean all day.

Going against Jerry Hughes and the Colts without Freeney was an assignment a good left tackle should win. But Webb still is trying to prove he is a good left tackle.

He got help and needed it on one play — the 42-yard touchdown pass to Alshon Jeffery. The pass came off play action and Jay Cutler dropped deep. Colts lineman Fili Moala leaked through with an inside move, but Matt Forte was there to clean him up.

Without a fine effort from Webb, the Cutler-to-Forte 31-yard catch doesn't happen. First, Webb held off Hughes to his left, then he got his leg out to impede Moala, allowing Cutler to get the pass off.

Here is what else a review of the tape showed:

Grading key: Grades are between 0 and 10 with 0 being complete failure and 10 being perfect.

Offensive line

Grade: 8

Webb wasn't the only outstanding blocker. So was the tackle on the other side, Gabe Carimi. He had the bigger challenge, lining up against Robert Mathis for much of the day. Carimi also was critical in the run game, and running backs averaged 4.2 yards per carry.

Defensive line

The nice thing about the performance of the defensive line is there were significant contributions made by all seven active linemen.

Rod Marinelli mixed and matched his pass rushers like never before.

The key was Julius Peppers, who played 56 percent of his snaps at a position other than his customary right end. Peppers lined up at defensive tackle 10 times and was effective.

Peppers wasn't the only pass rusher playing more than one position. All together, Marinelli used 21 combinations of four players at different positions on the line.

Henry Melton had a pair of sacks in the final 5 1/2 minutes of the game, but his most impressive play may have been when he exploded off the line in the first quarter, shooting past guard Seth Olsen to tackle Donald Brown for a loss of 4 yards.

Linebackers

Grade: 6.5

Brian Urlacher did not have his usual pop, quickness and change of direction. No surprise there after he missed all of the preseason and most of camp.

Lance Briggs made some nice plays, including a fourth-quarter pressure off a blitz that led to one of Melton's sacks. But he also appeared to create a hole for Brown's second-quarter 18-yard touchdown run when he went to the ground while trying to change direction.

Safeties

Grade: 7.5

Chris Conte did not play like a guy with a separated shoulder. He filled the hole hard when needed and flew around the field. He even made plays on the ball — a rarity for Bears safeties.

Cornerbacks

The cornerbacks gave up a lot of completions on underneath passes, especially late in the game. But that wasn't a big deal.

What was a big deal is Tim Jennings played like a shutdown corner. Both of his interceptions were catches that some wide receivers couldn't have made. He had two tips in the end zone that prevented touchdowns, and the second tip gave Conte an interception.

Quarterback

Strange day for Cutler. He started out jittery, threw an inexplicable pick-six and completed only one of his first 10 passes. Then he completely turned it around.

Cutler had some absolutely incredible throws, throws that only a few quarterbacks in the league could have made. None was better than his strike to Jeffery for the fourth-quarter touchdown.

Not all of his contributions were glaring. He did an excellent job of bouncing around in the pocket to avoid pressure, and changed plays at the line very effectively.

Running backs

Grade: 8.5

I thought the Bears drafted Evan Rodriguez to catch passes and figured it was kind of a joke when they listed him at fullback on the depth chart.

But sure enough, he was a lead blocker in the running game Sunday. He made some nice contributions, including leading the way on Forte's 32-yard run and on his 15-yard run.

Forte's usual combination of elusiveness, power, athleticism and speed was difficult to stop. One play showed it all. He reached up to haul in a catch one-handed 3 yards past the line of scrimmage, then took it another 28 yards, outrunning a linebacker, running through the tackle attempt of a cornerback and avoiding a safety.

Michael Bush was the complement to Forte the Bears hoped Marion Barber could have been.

He broke a tackle in the backfield to turn what would have been a loss into a 7-yard gain. He lowered his shoulder and ran over safety Antoine Bethea. And Bush was effective in short yardage and finishing out the game.

Wide receivers

Grade: 8.5

Really nice group effort, led by Brandon Marshall.

Two things stood out about Marshall's game. He was courageous when he knew he was going to get popped, and his routes were absolutely sick for a man his size.

In the fourth quarter, he planted and cut in so hard with the ball on the way that he left cornerback Jerraud Powers flailing at the air. Marshall gained 22 yards on the play.

Tight ends

Grade: 3

So much for the revitalization of the tight ends under Tice. All three tight ends combined for one catch for 17 yards (by Kyle Adams).

Kellen Davis gave up a sack on the Bears' first play from scrimmage and later was penalized for holding.

Special teams

Grade: 7

The Bears missed some opportunities in the return game, but the coverage teams were sharp. J.T. Thomas' strip of kick returner LaVon Brazill set up Robbie Gould's second field goal.

Dan Pompei
http://www.chicagotribune.com

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

1-15 colts

i'll wait for the great gay bay grades bro

if the vikes lose to the colts i'll edit this

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Oh, there's no doubt that the Colts are trash. Still feels good, though.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Roy Johnson wrote:Oh, there's no doubt that the Colts are trash. Still feels good, though.
bro, after beating the vaunted blaine gabbert i felt like a relevant fan again. cant remember the last time the vikings won and the packers lost. i couldnt really enjoy iy cuz it was so different

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

When Cutler was asked about the Packers defensive backs getting physical with Bears receivers this week, he said, "Good luck."
:copy:
Bears passing can put Packers on defensive
With their improvement coupled with rival's troubles in secondary, Bears can pass muster

If the Bears have any hope to pass the Packers, pass is the operative word.

And there is no opportunity like right here, right now.

Three hundred yards in the air should be easy for Jay Cutler and company with this group of gifted receivers.

They hung 314 on the Colts, even though they backed off in the fourth quarter. If there is any doubt this is a different offense, consider the Bears didn't net 300 passing yards in a game once in 2011, and they averaged only 188 passing yards.

These Bears are going to light up some defenses, especially defenses with vulnerabilities.

The Packers, meanwhile, remain at least as susceptible to the pass as they were a year ago, maybe more so. Judging by how they played against the 49ers, Clay Matthews remains their only consistent pass rusher.

And then there is their defensive backfield.

"Their secondary definitely has fallen off," one pro scout who has evaluated the Packers said.

Nick Collins was a standout at free safety, but he was released in the offseason after suffering a neck injury. Charlie Peprah replaced him in the starting lineup but had knee issues and was let go as well.

So this year the Packers had to move Charles Woodson from cornerback to safety on base downs to pair with promising Morgan Burnett. On passing downs, Woodson moves back to corner.

M.D. Jennings played safety in nickel against the 49ers but was benched after blowing a coverage on a Randy Moss touchdown and missing a tackle on a Frank Gore run.

Jerron McMillian, who is more of a box safety than a coverage safety, replaced him.

At cornerback, there also is uncertainty. Tramon Williams, who had a very disappointing 2011, is the solid starter. Opposite him, second-year man Davon House probably is the best the Packers have, but he missed the opener with a shoulder injury.

That left them with Jarrett Bush, whom Sam Shields replaced in the nickel.

When Cutler was asked about the Packers defensive backs getting physical with Bears receivers this week, he said, "Good luck."

Against the likes of Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Devin Hester and Earl Bennett, they are going to need it.

Comprehend the trend: Cutler vs. Packers

One problem with the Bears' hopes of torching the Packers secondary: The Packers have had Cutler's number.

In seven career games against the Packers, including one in the postseason, Cutler has a 65.3 passer rating — his lowest against any team he has faced more than twice.

He has thrown more interceptions, 12, against the Packers than any other team. The next closest is seven against the Chargers.

And he has been at his worst in Lambeau Field. Cutler's rating in two games there is 40.1. He has been intercepted more times in Green Bay, six, than in any other city other than Denver and Chicago.

Conversely, Aaron Rodgers has a 98 passer rating against the Bears and has thrown five fewer interceptions than Cutler in two more games. Rodgers has had some off games against the Bears but last season threw for eight touchdowns and one interception against them in two games.

If the Bears are going to overtake the Packers, they must reverse this trend.

Numbers games: Old story

We know the Bears defense is starting to show some gray. The starters from opening day have an average age of nearly 29.

Five of them are on the wrong side of 30, and Matt Toeaina leaves his 20s on Oct. 9.

But the numbers say it isn't just the Bears defense that is old. It's the whole team.

The Bears have the seventh-oldest roster in the league, according to STATS. Their average age as of last week was 27 years, 67 days.

By comparison, the Packers have the sixth-youngest roster at 26 years, 73 days.

The oldest team in the league, interestingly enough, is the Lions, at 27 years, 326 days.

And here is a quirk: The Bears' offensive players (starters plus reserves) are older than their defensive players (starters plus reserves).

The offense averages 27 years, 200 days. That gives the Bears the third oldest in the league.

The defense averages 26 years, 300 days. That puts them at 11th oldest in the NFL.

Front-office chess: Tackle help

The Bears have been looking for an offensive tackle since early in the offseason. They landed one Monday when they signed Jonathan Scott.

With 28 starts and six years of NFL experience, Scott falls in line with the type of veteran backup Phil Emery likes (see Chilo Rachal, Geno Hayes and Kelvin Hayden).

Best case scenario: Scott becomes the quality swing player who backs up both left and right tackle, maybe even pushing a starter if the starter struggles.

If Scott comes on, it will enable Chris Williams to concentrate on guard, a position for which he likely is better suited.

Scott is 6-foot-6, 330 pounds with good length. He played well for the Steelers last year and was signed in the offseason by the Lions, who drafted him in the fifth round in 2006.

He injured his knee in camp, was placed on injured reserve and then cut. The knee does not appear to be a problem now.

Just to be sure, though, the Bears waited until after the first game to sign him, undoubtedly so they would not have to guarantee his salary for the entire year.

dpompei@tribune.com

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

The grudge report: Benson drops the ball again

Funny thing from Cedric Benson.

You remember him, right? Former Bears No. 1 draft pick, taken fourth overall in 2005. You’ll see him Thursday night. He’s the Packers’ new starting running back, and get this:

He told the Green Bay Press-Gazette he has no personal grudge against the Bears.

Well, of course not. Because it’s the other way around. I mean, just look:

Benson held out for 36 days as a rookie, left the sideline of an exhibition game because it was raining, claimed he was hit too hard in practice, seemed to force the parting of beloved teammate Thomas Jones, got arrested, failed to live up to his fourth-overall draft slot, got arrested again, and finally was cut.

Geez, what grudge could Benson hold against the Bears? That they didn’t write a contract clause for bail money?

It’s not surprising that Benson got the grudge thing wrong after he got almost everything else wrong when he was here.

Maybe the Bears don’t care. This far removed from Benson’s idiot ways, it would be understandable, especially with a new general manager and a whole bunch of new assistant coaches because Lovie Smith fires everybody as a way of keeping his job.

As for Benson’s few remaining former teammates still on the roster, I have to believe a few of them have some unpleasant memories.

I’m sure a lot of fans still care, too. Part of their job is to carry grudges, when they’re not making noise at the wrong times, that is.

Benson is supposed to make a difference for the Packers. He did not come close in the opener, gaining only 18 yards on nine carries in a home loss to San Francisco. And just wait’ll he starts fumbling the way we know he can. Part of me thinks you couldn’t have handpicked a better former Bear to become a Packer.

The Bears have faced Benson one other time. He was a Bengal and rushed for 189 yards, which seemed to be a season’s total when he played here. Brian Urlacher missed that game. So did defensive tackle Tommie Harris. The middle of Smith’s defense turned into a rolling tollway.

Harris is gone, but Urlacher is expected to start against the Packers. Urlacher is expected to start against Benson.

Raise your hand if you want to see Urlacher finish Benson.

Steve Rosenbloom
Chicago Tribune

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

like the Benson article...every time he was drafted in fantasy i snickered because the running game issues aren't RB's fault

i'll be wearing ashon jeffries jersey tonight

beat the yellow

go jay cut

GO MIKE TICE offensive line wizard, MN product

stay healthy urlacher and you can get another NFCC (appearance)

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Roy Johnson wrote:
VideoKilledThe wrote:Having said that we face Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Eli.
Bro, you left out Jay Cutler.

In an NFC North thread, of all places.

:jaz:
famous last words?

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Kicking dudes while they're down is more of an NFC East type of thing. We're supportive of one another in this particular thread.

Gregg Popabitch

Be supportive of each other in life.

But when it comes to sports, check that gay shit at the door.

Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch wrote:Be supportive of each other in life.

But when it comes to sports, check that gay shit at the door.
j/k

an-also

Post by an-also »

Vikings finna be leading the Norf after this weekend... :ohsh:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

That's great. Cutler throws 4 interceptions, and then Gregg comes in here and calls me a homo.

My morale is taking a severe hit, and it's only mid-September.

FUCK

Oh well, at least the Bears get to play the Rams next week.

Gregg Popabitch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i <3 greg

bears will be fine

vikings ARE IN FIRST

:angoon:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Criticism of Jay Cutler now coming from his own locker room
National Football PostBy Brad Biggs | National Football Post – 2 hours 43 minutes ago

First, former Chicago Bears captain Adewale Ogunleye stepped out and criticized Jay Cutler for his boorish behavior Thursday night in a 23-10 loss to the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

Cutler was sacked seven times, the second-highest total in his career, and threw four interceptions as the Bears were trampled by their NFC North rivals. NFL Network cameras captured Cutler yelling at teammates multiples times and at one point, as offensive players were leaving the field, Cutler bumped left tackle J’Marcus Webb.

Chicago's Jay Cutler walks off the field after being sacked during the second half against Green Bay. (AP)Now, cornerback D.J. Moore, who went to Vanderbilt like Cutler, is questioning the quarterback’s actions.

“Is it unfair to criticize Jay right now? Shoot, it's unfair for him to be like that toward J'Marcus," Moore said to Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune. "In every game in every sport, there's always somebody who has a tough day. For you to come off on the sideline, once you holler at him it makes it seem like (Webb) is the only reason.

"I don't talk to (Cutler),” Moore said. “But if I was J'Marcus, shoot ... it wouldn't have went down like that. You just can't ... then when (Cutler) shoved him stuff, man. I don't know.

"I don't feel for Cut. He knows what he was doing. I don't think you do that. I think if you have a problem with (Webb), maybe do that in the locker room or something. It's like bad-mouthing someone in the media. It's just weird.''

Ogunleye was critical of Cutler, pointing out that while the blocking was poor, Cutler played terribly himself.

“If you live in a glass house, you can’t throw any stones. So the way I am looking at the game, no one is yelling at Jay when he is throwing the ball three (four) times to their defenders,” Ogunleye said. “And you’ve got to have some sense of accountability. At the end of the day, you start losing the respect of your teammates, you start losing the respect of that offensive line when publicly you’re bumping people and yelling at them in their face. I don’t think it is the right thing to do.

“To go and bump another player, you know the only reason Jay Cutler can bump on offensive lineman and not get his butt beat is because he is the star quarterback of the Chicago Bears,” Ogunleye said. “If this is in the street, and you bump a man that is 300 pounds, Jay is in serious trouble.”

Ogunleye went as far to say all teammates saw was “pissed off Cutler” when he played with him in 2009.

“There is no good to Jay, there is no smiling. All we see is when he is pissed off, when he is angry and that reflects in the way people might view him in the locker room,” Ogunleye said. “But a guy like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, genuinely they are nice people and they overextend themselves. Tom Brady can be the biggest diva in the world – he has that right, he has won Super Bowls – but he is not that guy. I think that is why he is even more likeable.”

Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune