If you were Andrew Luck...

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

PopeyeJones

If you were Andrew Luck...

Post by PopeyeJones »

Just a hypothetical because I'm bored:

If you were Andrew Luck and you realized that you could force a trade because you can basically do whatever the fuck you want, what would you do?

1) Would you not force a trade because it could deplete (players or picks) whatever team you were traded to?

2) If you would force trade, WHERE would you want to be traded to, and WHY.

TWO RULES:

1) You can't say the 9ers because that would be obvious and kind of boring.

2) Make it reasonable, don't say the Packers or something like that.

I say Seattle, they have a nice defense in place, an offensive minded coach, and the team isn't on the verge of being moved a la Buffalo (which could be a plus I guess?). Would Baltimore give up on Flacco and would Luck want to be there? Would he want to play for Ryan and the dysfunctional Jets (it is the biggest of markets)? What says you?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Jets.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Detriot. Stafford hasn't progressed and has had trouble staying healthy. I would feel like I could beat him out. The Ravens and Jets would also be good choices.

Pete Carroll would make Seattle a no-go for me.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Arizona Cards. Throwing to Fitz sounds pretty enticing.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Forcing a trade before you step foot in the league is faggot shit.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

ric

Post by ric »

ive heard rumblings here that carroll is waiting for barkeley. hes clearly got a lot of loyalty to him, i wouldnt put it past him. as a long term strategy, if you believe in the ability of coaches to teach players, and considering what he had to work with, i dont think carrol has done all that badly (sans the whitehurst incident which was just :wtf:)

if i was luck and couldnt hope for the 9ers, of all the teams mentioned i would hope for baltimore. a real run game. an oline that is finally coming together pretty well. young torrey smith and young promising tes. good d. and itd be pretty tough to be more scabby than joe flacco. whose biggest career highlight so far is the drive where he was able to identify and exploit the presence of willie gay.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

If I absolutely couldn't force a trade to the 49ers than I'd pick the Texans. Andre Johnson to throw to, a very good offensive line, couple of capable RBs, an emerging d with a couple stars on it.

Raiders would be interesting too with all the athletes they have on offense.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

My guess of teams that will be bad enough were they can actually package a deal together that will try to go after him and where he would want to be are in order of likelyhood. Washington, Eagles, and Miami.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Ramen wrote:Jets.
Fool. Where haven't we been yet?

PEACE

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

Denver. The Luck's and the Elway's are friends.

"A former Stanford football coach once sized up Andrew Luck and decided, "He might be a player."

He was 3 years old at the time.

Luck is the son of a former NFL quarterback, so maybe the coach figured it was in his genes to follow in dad's cleats.

The coach was the late Jack Elway, who had guided Stanford in the mid-'80s. A quarterback himself at Washington State, he had passed on his QB genes to a future Stanford passer, John, who became a Pro Football Hall of Famer.

The senior Elway had been hired to coach the Frankfurt Galaxy of the World League of American Football. The man who hired him was Oliver Luck, Andrew's dad and a former Houston Oilers quarterback. " -Tom FitzGerald, Chronicle Staff Writer

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

ric wrote:i dont think carrol has done all that badly (sans the whitehurst incident which was just.
What was this? Please explain.

I don't know what Carrol is doing with Tarvaris right now. Frankly the ravens game on Sunday was the only game I've watched him play that he didnt flat out embarrass himself during. No one I know who is a fan of the Seahawks wants to keep him.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

do the mike dikta type trade and get him in san fran

triple peat

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Orale Holmes wrote:Denver. The Luck's and the Elway's are friends.

"A former Stanford football coach once sized up Andrew Luck and decided, "He might be a player."

He was 3 years old at the time.

Luck is the son of a former NFL quarterback, so maybe the coach figured it was in his genes to follow in dad's cleats.

The coach was the late Jack Elway, who had guided Stanford in the mid-'80s. A quarterback himself at Washington State, he had passed on his QB genes to a future Stanford passer, John, who became a Pro Football Hall of Famer.

The senior Elway had been hired to coach the Frankfurt Galaxy of the World League of American Football. The man who hired him was Oliver Luck, Andrew's dad and a former Houston Oilers quarterback. " -Tom FitzGerald, Chronicle Staff Writer
John Elway's dad molested Andrew Luck.

ric

Post by ric »

odium-LSC wrote:
ric wrote:i dont think carrol has done all that badly (sans the whitehurst incident which was just.

I don't know what Carrol is doing with Tarvaris right now. Frankly the ravens game on Sunday was the only game I've watched him play that he didnt flat out embarrass himself during. No one I know who is a fan of the Seahawks wants to keep him.
considering the off season and the lockout, and the short term contract tarvaris is signed to (correct me if im wrong on that), i really dont think carroll is focused on or committed to him. they drafted oline this offseason because they had crazy injuries last year. tarvaris is in here in no small part because our new o coordinator used to work with him at the vikings. i think this next upcoming season or the one after that will be the true test for carroll. correct me if im wrong, he has a 5 year deal. so, while i find that i am more patient than the average sports fan, thats why im not worried right now. to rebuild you must lay foundation. but in the meantime, while the whitehurst thing was retarded, he inherited so many problems that its basically ok to fuck around until the market for qbs opens up (especially considering carrolls possible plans for barkeley). remember, we had the 25th fucking draft pick in a year where qbs were thought to be a bit slim and our needs were great.

downtown jewelry bryan

Post by downtown jewelry bryan »

ric wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:

considering the off season and the lockout, and the short term contract tarvaris is signed to (correct me if im wrong on that), i really dont think carroll is focused on or committed to him. they drafted oline this offseason because they had crazy injuries last year. tarvaris is in here in no small part because our new o coordinator used to work with him at the vikings. i think this next upcoming season or the one after that will be the true test for carroll. correct me if im wrong, he has a 5 year deal. so, while i find that i am more patient than the average sports fan, thats why im not worried right now. to rebuild you must lay foundation. but in the meantime, while the whitehurst thing was retarded, he inherited so many problems that its basically ok to fuck around until the market for qbs opens up (especially considering carrolls possible plans for barkeley). remember, we had the 25th fucking draft pick in a year where qbs were thought to be a bit slim and our needs were great.

moffitt out for the season.

more good news: carpenter out for the season.

pc and schneider better work some magic in this next draft.