NFL Off Season 2012

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Okay so the redskins have 40 mil in cap space this year and the Cowboys have 5 mil.

Apparently the skins lose 36 million in cap space because of some retarded penalty for the way they did contracts (all of which need to be approved by the NFL before being signed) in the uncapped year and the Cowboys are being penalized 10 million.

WTF WTF WTF FUCK FUCK FUCK you Goodell, or should I say FAGdell

DLG

Post by DLG »

wouldn't mind the giants getting mike tolbert

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

HomeSkillet wrote:Okay so the redskins have 40 mil in cap space this year and the Cowboys have 5 mil.

Apparently the skins lose 36 million in cap space because of some retarded penalty for the way they did contracts (all of which need to be approved by the NFL before being signed) in the uncapped year and the Cowboys are being penalized 10 million.

NFC EAST = Cheaters, stripped, humiliated by league
League strips Cowboys, Redskins of millions in cap space
Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Daniel+Snyder+Jerry+Jones+Dallas+Cowboys+v+AZ_0G6iCwUGl Getty Images

Well, it wasnג€™t just a rumor.

We explained an hour ago that there has been talk of the NFL taking action against teams that deliberately dumped salaries into the uncapped year of 2010.

The two violators primary violators were the Cowboys and Redskins, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Per Schefter, the league will punish the teams by removing millions in cap dollars.

How many millions? Schefter reports that the Cowboys will lose more than $10 million ג€” and that the Redskins will lose $36 million. (And now we know why the Redskins got the Griffin deal done last week; the Rams likely would have wanted even more for the second overall pick now.)

The teams can divide the cap losses between 2012 and 2013 in any portion they want. As of Sunday, the Redskins more than $30 million in cap space in 2012. The Cowboys had less than $5 million.

The money will be reallocated to the other teams, with every franchise except the Saints and Raiders picking up $1.6 million in extra cap space.

The Saints and Raiders presumably donג€™t get the extra money as their own punishment for engaging in similar tactics in 2010.

So, for the second time in 10 days, the NFL has acknowledged cheating. Though this isnג€™t as serious as the Saintsג€™ bounty system, itג€™s still cheating. And the consequence demonstrates what the league thinks of it.
no vincent jackson for you
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

capable_keL wrote:
HomeSkillet wrote:Okay so the redskins have 40 mil in cap space this year and the Cowboys have 5 mil.

NFC EAST = Cheaters, stripped, humiliated by league
League strips Cowboys, Redskins of millions in cap space
Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Daniel+Snyder+Jerry+Jones+Dallas+Cowboys+v+AZ_0G6iCwUGl Getty Images

Well, it wasnג€™t just a rumor.

We explained an hour ago that there has been talk of the NFL taking action against teams that deliberately dumped salaries into the uncapped year of 2010.

The two violators primary violators were the Cowboys and Redskins, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. Per Schefter, the league will punish the teams by removing millions in cap dollars.

How many millions? Schefter reports that the Cowboys will lose more than $10 million ג€” and that the Redskins will lose $36 million. (And now we know why the Redskins got the Griffin deal done last week; the Rams likely would have wanted even more for the second overall pick now.)

The teams can divide the cap losses between 2012 and 2013 in any portion they want. As of Sunday, the Redskins more than $30 million in cap space in 2012. The Cowboys had less than $5 million.

The money will be reallocated to the other teams, with every franchise except the Saints and Raiders picking up $1.6 million in extra cap space.

The Saints and Raiders presumably donג€™t get the extra money as their own punishment for engaging in similar tactics in 2010.

So, for the second time in 10 days, the NFL has acknowledged cheating. Though this isnג€™t as serious as the Saintsג€™ bounty system, itג€™s still cheating. And the consequence demonstrates what the league thinks of it.
no vincent jackson for you
Hope the Players Union sues this fuck head over this unless they increase the rest of the leagues cap by the 40 million taken away.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

But it wasn't cheating. We didn't break ANY rule in the previous CBA not to mention that each and EVERY contract signed by any NFL team has to be approved by the NFL before being signed.

This isn't exactly Timberwolves briefcase of cash to Joe Smith territory.

ThaJim2

B

Post by ThaJim2 »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Honestly, I didn't even think of of it like that which is pretty ignorant.

However, if he turns out to be a franchise QB, i find it hard to believe the Redskins will regret the decision considering it is so difficult to find one.
I don't disagree that if he turns out to be a franchise level QB they won't look at as a failure but that is why this is such a huge mistake. Well run franchises are process oriented not result oriented and when you need a player to be an all time great to break even well you are fucked long term.

This move might have made sense for a team that is a QB a way but the Redskins are not that team. They are old 4th oldest offense and 8th oldest defense and need these picks to rebuild over the next few years.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

^^ I respectfully disagree, but I think we needed a QB more than ANYTHING.

I guess it depends on the value you place on QBs. Saying a team is "only a QB away" is much different than saying they are just a RB away or a good TE away, its just not even close now with the new rule changes.

Also Rex Grossman dude. 2 years of Rex Grossman.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

HomeSkillet wrote:^^ I respectfully disagree, but I think we needed a QB more than ANYTHING.

I guess it depends on the value you place on QBs. Saying a team is "only a QB away" is much different than saying they are just a RB away or a good TE away, its just not even close now with the new rule changes.

Also Rex Grossman dude. 2 years of Rex Grossman.
I agree with your later points no question there. But, the Redskins are more then a QB away. Currently they are old and average if they where old and good sure this deal makes some sense or if they where young and average maybe this deal makes sense. They need to get young and good fast and with the current rookie cap the only real way to do that is with the draft.

This move just made them older overall and they will be that way for the next few years.

While I like RGIII and think he is a good prospect he is not the once a decade type prospect like Luck is. He is the type of prospect you take when you have the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft not you mortgage the future hoping the guy is Tom Brady. Like I said the can't miss QB prosepcts are rare maybe 4 in history and 1 still ended up with a career altering knee injury. RGIII played in the Big 12 not exactly known for their defense. Takes a lot of sacks.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Not that I'm mister sports number geek but there has to be some merit to this that stands against your downplaying of RG's talent coming into the draft:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-dr ... ecast-2012
Lewin Career Forecast 2012

by Aaron Schatz

Six years ago, Football Outsiders unveiled the college quarterback projection
system known as the Lewin Career Forecast. Originally, the LCF projected the
success of first- and second-round quarterbacks using just college games started
and college completion percentage. Going back -- including when looking at
quarterbacks from the years before the data set used to create it -- it had a
strong record. After 2006, the record was not so strong. So last year, we
debuted an updated version of the forecast, LCF
v2.0.

The new version of the Lewin Career Forecast is built to apply only to
quarterbacks chosen in the first three rounds of the draft. After that,
quarterback success and failure becomes too difficult to predict. Part of the
concept of the system is that scouts will do a good enough job identifying
"system quarterbacks" so that those quarterbacks whose college stats are much
better than their pro potential will naturally fall to the third day of the
draft.

Griffin and Luck are basically LCF's dream candidates. They're both longtime
starters with tons of college experience. Both have strong completion rates.
Both get good yardage when scrambling. The biggest difference between the two
according to LCF is what happened in their senior year. Luck, who was stellar as
a junior, saw his passer rating stay constant. Griffin, on the other hand,
improved significantly. The 45.3-point rise in his passer rating as a senior is
largest senior improvement in our database (surpassing Jason
Campbell, who rose 40.3 points) and the second-largest senior change in our
database (behind only Rex Grossman, whose passer rating as a senior dropped 49.3
points). Statistically, Griffin's senior year was better than Luck's, his junior
year not as good. This could indicate that Griffin is still improving, still
learning, and still getting better, with more room to grow in the pros. Of
course, it also could indicate that Griffin's 2011 season was a little fluky,
and one of the arguments I've read against Griffin as a can't-miss prospect is
that most scouts didn't have him as a first-round pick before his senior season.
With all due respect to those scouts, it was pretty obvious within the first two
or three games of the year that they were wrong. And even if Griffin's passer
rating as a senior had stayed the same as his passer rating as a junior, Griffin
would still have this year's highest LCF projection at 1,994.
He's either an incredibly impressive statistical anomally or you're at least a little off here.

Then again I have a feeling you've seen tons more baylor games than I did over the last 3 years so I'm posting this with a grain of salt.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

also

This is the official statement of Redskins general manager Bruce Allen on recent media reports of an adjusted salary cap for the 2012 season:
ג€œThe Washington Redskins have received no written documentation from the NFL concerning adjustments to the team salary cap in 2012 as reported in various media outlets. Every contract entered into by the club during the applicable periods complied with the 2010 and 2011 collective bargaining agreements and, in fact, were approved by the NFL commissionerג€™s office. We look forward to free agency, the draft and the coming football season.ג€
:copy:

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^ I am not sold on LCF and for that matter a lot of what FO does at this point. Don't get me wrong its better then most of the crap out there.

With Griffin as a prospect like I said before I am in no way dogging him except to say he is not a can't miss once a decade prospect. He is the type of QB that comes out towards the top every year where he can be anything from a bust to great. Its what you are giving up to get him that I don't like more then anything else.

My question marks around him. He played in a spread (run and shoot branch) system and of all of the spread system the QB out of this system historically have not had their skill sets transfor the most. He is just 6 2 the shortest I like to see in a prospect. The one elite defense he played he had a great stat line but by far his weakest efficency stats. And most importantly he takes a lot of sacks.

Give me Tom Bradys running ability every day over Vicks by this I mean Tom Brady might be sloooooow but he knows how to move in the pocket while Vick has happy feet. Giffin is much further along then Vick but still not all that impressed by his pocket footwork.

I really am not dogging him at all. I think he has a good chance of being a very good QB. If Washington had the 2nd pick in the draft by dint of their record I would not say shit about drafting him at all.

My problem is just what they gave to get him. They basically traded Blackmon*, someone like Branch, Brown, Barron or Reyes this year. Next year might get lucky and land 1 of the 3 current top QB prospects like Barkley, Bray or Jones if not them a player like Jenkins, Rhodes. And 2013 a player like Jernigan or Clowny though they are probably the first two off at this point.

*WR is a position of need for you guys with both starters old and Blackmon one of the best prospects in years.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

HomeSkillet wrote:Not that I'm mister sports number geek but there has to be some merit to this that stands against your downplaying of RG's talent coming into the draft:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-dr ... ecast-2012
Lewin Career Forecast 2012

by Aaron Schatz

Six years ago, Football Outsiders unveiled the college quarterback projection
system known as the Lewin Career Forecast. Originally, the LCF projected the
success of first- and second-round quarterbacks using just college games started
and college completion percentage. Going back -- including when looking at
quarterbacks from the years before the data set used to create it -- it had a
strong record. After 2006, the record was not so strong. So last year, we
debuted an updated version of the forecast, LCF
v2.0.

The new version of the Lewin Career Forecast is built to apply only to
quarterbacks chosen in the first three rounds of the draft. After that,
quarterback success and failure becomes too difficult to predict. Part of the
concept of the system is that scouts will do a good enough job identifying
"system quarterbacks" so that those quarterbacks whose college stats are much
better than their pro potential will naturally fall to the third day of the
draft.

Griffin and Luck are basically LCF's dream candidates. They're both longtime
starters with tons of college experience. Both have strong completion rates.
Both get good yardage when scrambling. The biggest difference between the two
according to LCF is what happened in their senior year. Luck, who was stellar as
a junior, saw his passer rating stay constant. Griffin, on the other hand,
improved significantly. The 45.3-point rise in his passer rating as a senior is
largest senior improvement in our database (surpassing Jason
Campbell, who rose 40.3 points) and the second-largest senior change in our
database (behind only Rex Grossman, whose passer rating as a senior dropped 49.3
points). Statistically, Griffin's senior year was better than Luck's, his junior
year not as good. This could indicate that Griffin is still improving, still
learning, and still getting better, with more room to grow in the pros. Of
course, it also could indicate that Griffin's 2011 season was a little fluky,
and one of the arguments I've read against Griffin as a can't-miss prospect is
that most scouts didn't have him as a first-round pick before his senior season.
With all due respect to those scouts, it was pretty obvious within the first two
or three games of the year that they were wrong. And even if Griffin's passer
rating as a senior had stayed the same as his passer rating as a junior, Griffin
would still have this year's highest LCF projection at 1,994.
He's either an incredibly impressive statistical anomally or you're at least a little off here.

Then again I have a feeling you've seen tons more baylor games than I did over the last 3 years so I'm posting this with a grain of salt.
let me sum it up for you:

RG3 is a taller joe webb with a weaker arm. the bad side is washington is where rookie quarterbacks go to die

ThaJim2 wrote: *WR is a position of need for you guys with both starters old and Blackmon one of the best prospects in years.
this is the right answer.

1. luck, 2. RG3, vikes take blackmon :jiz:

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Mandy Ross signs with the Niners.
A marriage made in faggotry heaven.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

cant wait for the alex smith love/hate relationship to begin

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I DONT SHINE SHOES, I DONT TAPE ANKLES, I DONT CUT CHECKS, STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE!!!!

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

As it relates to the Moss move, I'm gonna have to check the game tape

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EB5-yJM3vJc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EB5-yJM3vJc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PEACE

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I love it. One year deal. He is 6'4, and still clocking 4.4 speed, and will be very complimentary to VD in the passing game. It also probably means the Niners aren't going to throw crazy money at any of the FA WRs, which I am totally ok with. Bring in a rookie.

Sure, he is going to half ass it some plays, this is Moss after all, but if he really becomes a problem - u cut him, wash your hands of the situation. But there is potential for a huge return on very little risk.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

VideoKilledThe wrote: Sure, he is going to half ass it some plays, this is Moss after all, but if he really becomes a problem - u cut him, wash your hands of the situation. But there is potential for a huge return on very little risk.
True, but being unprepared for that happening a second year in a row (after Braylon) could be painful as fuck.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

oh man if mike tolbert signs with the giants.....

:boobeyes:

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Mike Silver says he's unsure the minimal risk associated with the length/cost of contract sweetens the deal enough to justify the damage that could be done by Randyyyyyyy poisoning the good vibes in the locker room

#equilibrium

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Moss was in the vikings locker room for a few weeks and the cancer spread to numerous players. not that i think the 49ers are naive enough to believe it wont happen to them but ignorance is bliss and the grass is always greener

he'll either be off the team by week 3 or be isolated until he turns the locker room into chaos as the team struggles to go .500

- colston resigns with saints

CAP SPACE
Arizona: -$13.7 million (theyג€™re over)
Atlanta: $7M
Baltimore: $13M
Buffalo: $23M
Carolina: $1.3M
Chicago: $23.5M
Cincinnati: $39M
Cleveland: $15M
Dallas: -$2.7M (theyג€™re over)
Denver: $42.3M
Detroit: -$7.3M (theyג€™re over)
Green Bay: $5.6M
Houston: $615,000
Indinapolis: $13.1M
Jacksonville: $34.5M
Kansas City: $22.3M
Miami: $9.8M
Minnesota: $24M
New England: $15.5M
New Orleans: $6M
New York Giants: $1.6M
New York Jets: $13M
Oakland: $640,000
Philadelphia: $13.9M
Pittsburgh: $1.8M
San Diego: $16.3M
Seattle: $27.7M
San Francisco: $20.7M
St. Louis: $9.8M
Tampa Bay: $44.9M
Tennessee: $25.1M
Washington: $16.4M

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

To that end, I'm not sure how smart is it to place Moss next to Crabtree

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Giants resigned Terrell Thomas.

I'm happy with it.

Loving the idea of a corner trio of Thomas, Webster, and Prince.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Brandon Marshall to the Bears for two third round picks. Motherfucking highway robbery.

Now go get Mario Williams.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

alpha

Post by alpha »

peanut butter wrote:To that end, I'm not sure how smart is it to place Moss next to Crabtree

PEACE
it's a great idea :lol:

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Bears acquired WR Brandon Marshall from the Dolphins in exchange for two third-round draft picks.
Rookie Bears GM Phil Emery's first major move on the job was a doozy. The third-round picks will be in 2012 and 2013. The Dolphins are left with Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Clyde Gates as their top three wide receivers, and are hardly assured so much as a defensive or offensive starter via either of the picks. The Bears have a true No. 1 receiver for the first time since the 1960s, give or take a Willie Gault, or a Marcus Robinson. We like the fit for Marshall from a fantasy perspective. Jay Cutler showed no fear in targeting him relentlessly with the Broncos. Whether Marshall keeps his head on straight enough to make the trade worthwhile remains to be seen.
Marshall is the best WR in the 92 years history of the Bears franchise. :lol:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

ric

Post by ric »

re: redskins/rg3
1. snyder :lol: WOW. the cba is only one part of this. when you cheat on your accounting, its a big problem. not surprised jerry jones is in this, wouldnt be surprised if the league gave him a really sweet deal ie not penalizing him enough so he wouldnt be forced to cut players
2. football outsiders is wack
3. rg3 said in a combine interview, i think, that last year was the first year baylor actually had a playbook since the coaching change

re: bears and bmarshall

:ohsh::ohsh::ohsh::ohsh::ohsh::ohsh:

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Roy Johnson wrote:
Bears acquired WR Brandon Marshall from the Dolphins in exchange for two third-round draft picks.
Rookie Bears GM Phil Emery's first major move on the job was a doozy. The third-round picks will be in 2012 and 2013. The Dolphins are left with Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Clyde Gates as their top three wide receivers, and are hardly assured so much as a defensive or offensive starter via either of the picks. The Bears have a true No. 1 receiver for the first time since the 1960s, give or take a Willie Gault, or a Marcus Robinson. We like the fit for Marshall from a fantasy perspective. Jay Cutler showed no fear in targeting him relentlessly with the Broncos. Whether Marshall keeps his head on straight enough to make the trade worthwhile remains to be seen.
Marshall is the best WR in the 92 years history of the Bears franchise. :lol:
Willie Gault rollin' 'round in his grave.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Sam Hurd rollin 'round in his truck lookin to unload a couple kilos to the federales

PEACE

an-also

Post by an-also »

god damn. NFC Norf >>>>>