NFL Off Season 2012

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ric

Post by ric »

FUCK YES DUDE WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING SWEET DUDES HOW DO YOU NON-LOVERS SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING YOUR DUDES ARENT AS FOCUSED ON THE PRIZE?

this could not have come at a better time. my playlist:
mgmt - kids
prince - cream
mj - rock with you
pharoahe - so good
punch drunk love - le petit chateau

washington post as of 1 hour ago.
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger restructures deal to help team deal with salary cap concerns

PITTSBURGH ג€” Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is doing his part to help the team get under the 2012 salary cap.

The Pro Bowler joined linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley and cornerback Ike Taylor in restructuring his contract to make sure the perennial AFC contenders get under the cap by March 13.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

ric

Post by ric »

i finally placed it....andrew luck sounds like quasimodo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

ric wrote:FUCK YES DUDE WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING SWEET DUDES HOW DO YOU NON-LOVERS SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING YOUR DUDES ARENT AS FOCUSED ON THE PRIZE?

this could not have come at a better time. my playlist:
mgmt - kids
prince - cream
mj - rock with you
pharoahe - so good
punch drunk love - le petit chateau

washington post as of 1 hour ago.
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger restructures deal to help team deal with salary cap concerns

PITTSBURGH ג€” Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is doing his part to help the team get under the 2012 salary cap.

The Pro Bowler joined linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley and cornerback Ike Taylor in restructuring his contract to make sure the perennial AFC contenders get under the cap by March 13.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html
and here is where naturalbornric elevates the yac lyfe by providing a proper soundtrack for offseason news intake

lets see that play again...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GVyQLWmgdQ?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GVyQLWmgdQ?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

PEACE

ric

Post by ric »

PEACE

ric

Post by ric »

combine was sick. would like to see weeden throw back shoulder to these big wrs here in seattle.

fresno state wr wylie was one of the few guys who made me :ohsh: during the 40. rainey was off the chain as expected though

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote: naturalbornric
Come on, man... Don't put me on that level.. I actually know what I am talking about (maybe minus that Marino thread).

ric

Post by ric »

what have either of you actually called though, that no one else saw coming, and you have the posts to back it up (or not)?

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

so what kinda package are the Rams going to get for the #2 pick?

Top 5-10(maybe two 1st?) pick this year, 2nd this year, 1st round next year, 1st round 2014, and a player?
UBM CD COMING SOON

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:so what kinda package are the Rams going to get for the #2 pick?

Top 5-10(maybe two 1st?) pick this year, 2nd this year, 1st round next year, 1st round 2014, and a player?
Whatever it is, the precise answer is "a fuckload." The decreased rookie contracts even draws it up into a "hecka fuckload."

As for how incredibly fuckload it is, it entirely comes down to if the Browns, Skins (and maybe Dolphins) all enter into the sweepstakes.

Regardless though, a fuckload.

ric

Post by ric »

whats all this rg3 speculation with the browns? is colt mccoy underperforming that much where hes getting replaced after his 2nd year? rg3 is eyepopping but it just doesnt compute for me. the browns have no wrs. do they really think qb is some sort of missing puzzle piece?

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

ric wrote:is colt mccoy underperforming that much where hes getting replaced after his 2nd year?
yes.

a lot of Browns peoples even think he regressed in his second year.

as for why III, because the Browns are a fucking mess who both need a savior and need to sell tix.

ric

Post by ric »

fair enough i guess. seems a bit suspicious but what a fucked franchise. must be hard when youre in such a balling division.
last year they had -3 million operating income but the highest total revenues probably ever for the team. strange.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/30/nfl ... 07074.html

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

McCoy to RGIII is a considerable upgrade
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I understand, and agree, with the value the Rams are going to get from trading the 2nd pick, but is Bradford better than RG3?

alpha

Post by alpha »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I understand, and agree, with the value the Rams are going to get from trading the 2nd pick, but is Bradford better than RG3?
right now, yes. RG3 could be cam 2.0. but it's too early for that obv. Bradford had an injury filled year 2. but I didn't see anything in his first two seasons that would make me question if he'll have a good career or not.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I understand, and agree, with the value the Rams are going to get from trading the 2nd pick, but is Bradford better than RG3?
Maybe not. It's too early to tell. But more than anything, the overall difficulty of moving Bradford is considerably greater than just trading the pick.

PEACE

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

ric wrote:fair enough i guess. seems a bit suspicious but what a fucked franchise. must be hard when youre in such a balling division.
last year they had -3 million operating income but the highest total revenues probably ever for the team. strange.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/30/nfl ... 07074.html
Oh shit. Nice link. Thanks. Def kinda strange.

Operable statement being this, though:

"The average ticket price last season was a league-low $55 and the team has struggled to fill the stadium's suites. Attendance is down 10% over the past two seasons."

It's really too bad. I'd love to have a great Browns team in the NFL.

EDIT: Same operating income story with the 9ers. I wonder what's going on/what's being misreported/what we're misreading.

ric

Post by ric »

PopeyeJones wrote:Operable statement being this, though:

"The average ticket price last season was a league-low $55 and the team has struggled to fill the stadium's suites. Attendance is down 10% over the past two seasons."

It's really too bad. I'd love to have a great Browns team in the NFL.

EDIT: Same operating income story with the 9ers. I wonder what's going on/what's being misreported/what we're misreading.
saw that too. doubly strange for the 9ers though.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

why would the pats want chad johnson back even if its for 50% less?

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Having seen the television series Friday Night Lights, I developed a liking towards Football. The only problem is, it's kind of hard to follow the NFL from the Netherlands, especially if you don't know shit about shit. I tried downloading torrents of the games, but that was quite a hassle and most of them didn't even appear on the major sites. I've seen some games, like the Superbowl and I want to expand.

So I was wondering, since I want to learn more about this game, what the best places would be to start. I'm talking about highlights, blogs, fora, whatever you can think of. Right now, I can only name some teams and players but nothing else. Shit, I don't even think I got a full grasp on the rules yet. But I'm working on it.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Philaflava wrote:why would the pats want chad johnson back even if its for 50% less?
I am hoping its for more then 50% less. They doing it cause they still saw talent and hope with full off season he can grasp the playbook, which is the real reason he was not on the field.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Steelers releasing Hines Ward

ric

Post by ric »

@dlg
:owens::owens::owens::owens:
it was time, though. dude was only playing every couple downs.
:cheers: to one of the sweetest wrs long tenure with the steel
Yohan wrote:So I was wondering, since I want to learn more about this game, what the best places would be to start. I'm talking about highlights, blogs, fora, whatever you can think of. Right now, I can only name some teams and players but nothing else. Shit, I don't even think I got a full grasp on the rules yet. But I'm working on it.
to get a sense of the rules, and the procedures, its really just better to watch the games. youll pick it up since its a repetitive and non-fluid game and they replay plays like 1000 times and the commentators, almost without exception, will go over 10 times why a ref threw a flag

smartfootball.com (no www) seems a great place to start, as it is fairly comprehensive, often written in a way that lends itself to an average fans understanding, and the archive is extensive.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I am SO excited that Dan Snyder is about to shoot his load all over the RGIII trade. :pause:

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Rex Grossman is a succubus.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

So they aren't gonna pull Peyton?

PEACE

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I think Peyton goes to Miami.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I could see Orakpo and landry both being tossed in.

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

Damn. Steelers cut Ward.

It makes nothing but sense. But still. Damn.