College Football

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

ThaJim2

College Football

Post by ThaJim2 »

Odds for the 2012 season from the former bodog

USC 4/1
LSU 9/2
Alabama 11/2
Oklahoma 10/1
Oregon 10/1
Florida State 12/1
Georgia 14/1
Arkansas 15/1
Michigan 25/1
Notre Dame 25/1
Texas 28/1
Virginia Tech 28/1
Clemson 30/1
South Carolina 30/1
West Virginia 30/1
Nebraska 35/1
Wisconsin 40/1
Boise State 50/1
Florida 50/1
Kansas State 50/1
Michigan State 50/1
TCU 50/1
Auburn 60/1
Miami (Florida) 75/1
Mississippi State 75/1
Oklahoma State 75/1
Cincinnati 100/1
Iowa 100/1
Missouri 100/1
Penn State 100/1
Stanford 100/1
Washington 100/1
California 125/1
Pittsburgh 125/1
Arizona 150/1
BYU 150/1
Georgia Tech 150/1
Tennessee 150/1
Texas A&M 150/1
Boston College 200/1
Oregon State 200/1
South Florida 200/1
UCLA 200/1

alpha

Re: Spring Football (College Football Offseason)

Post by alpha »

ThaJim2 wrote:Odds for the 2012 season from the former bodog

USC 4/1
LSU 9/2
Alabama 11/2
Oklahoma 10/1
Oregon 10/1
Florida State 12/1
Georgia 14/1
Arkansas 15/1
Michigan 25/1

Notre Dame 25/1
Texas 28/1
Virginia Tech 28/1
Clemson 30/1
South Carolina 30/1
West Virginia 30/1
Nebraska 35/1
Wisconsin 40/1
Boise State 50/1
Florida 50/1
Kansas State 50/1
Michigan State 50/1
TCU 50/1
Auburn 60/1
Miami (Florida) 75/1
Mississippi State 75/1
Oklahoma State 75/1
Cincinnati 100/1
Iowa 100/1
Missouri 100/1
Penn State 100/1
Stanford 100/1
Washington 100/1
California 125/1
Pittsburgh 125/1
Arizona 150/1
BYU 150/1
Georgia Tech 150/1
Tennessee 150/1
Texas A&M 150/1
Boston College 200/1
Oregon State 200/1
South Florida 200/1
UCLA 200/1
these teams will be amongst the best and fun teams to watch, imo. Really looking forward to what Chad Morris and Chip got up their sleeves.. WVU in their 2nd season under Holgorsen should be lethal. THe bowl game vs Clemson was like a sneak preview.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Thinking about making the trip out to the coliseum to watch Kiffin put it on Chow.

fyck my sports life.

ric

Post by ric »

uw bitch. the coming future of the pac 12 is shaping up to be insane. i dont really see myself removing myself from the screen during weekends. wsu games will be watchable for the first time in 10+ years.

wvu is gonna roll.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Ramen wrote:Thinking about making the trip out to the coliseum to watch Kiffin put it on Chow.

fyck my sports life.
i'll be there.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

also USC just snagged an early verbal from Max Browne. Thats huge.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I love FSU chances this year. A great schedule with the VaTech game coming after a bye. Only 3 games out of the state of Florida. The game in Miami is at this point is more of a home game for FSU and the same should be true in Tampahassee. 1 Thursday night game but after a bye week. For the team. Might be one of if not the most talented DL in the game with sick amounts of depth. Great depth and quility at WR. QB looks to have some nice depth. The guards seem to be coming together in Spring practice the biggest question mark area.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

ThaJim2 wrote:I love FSU chances this year. A great schedule with the VaTech game coming after a bye. Only 3 games out of the state of Florida. The game in Miami is at this point is more of a home game for FSU and the same should be true in Tampahassee. 1 Thursday night game but after a bye week. For the team. Might be one of if not the most talented DL in the game with sick amounts of depth. Great depth and quility at WR. QB looks to have some nice depth. The guards seem to be coming together in Spring practice the biggest question mark area.
:owens:

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
ThaJim2 wrote:I love FSU chances this year. A great schedule with the VaTech game coming after a bye. Only 3 games out of the state of Florida. The game in Miami is at this point is more of a home game for FSU and the same should be true in Tampahassee. 1 Thursday night game but after a bye week. For the team. Might be one of if not the most talented DL in the game with sick amounts of depth. Great depth and quility at WR. QB looks to have some nice depth. The guards seem to be coming together in Spring practice the biggest question mark area.
:owens:
USF traditionally gets up for big OOC games but there will be a ton of noles in Tampa. Hopefully we make it a long car ride home for most of them....

Word around the camp fire is Dunkley is LEGIT and looking more like the kid he was supposed to be coming out of high school than the injury prone let down he was at UF. This team has a ton of potential to put up points on offense with Dunk, Griff, T-rex, and Andre "Freakshow" Davis at WR. I'm really interested to see what the new DC has in store for us as this defense will be athletic as all get out and upperclassmen laden. The defensive play calling cost us big time in several games last year as we would just got into a soft zone or prevent late in games and stop bringing pressure when it was working all game long. This team is more athletic and has more potential to be explosive on both sides of the ball than any USF team before it. Hopefully the coaches do a better job of putting players in a position to make plays and and mixing up the play calling and not tipping their hands with their personnel groups.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I love the Petrino letter. Razorback nation? Do they have a single fan well anyone at all that thinks about them at all outside of Arkansas or Dallas?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

There's a razorback themed donk rolling around out here in Hawaii. Other than that probably not.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

LMAO @ BOBBY PETRINO

damn he's smashing this ex volleyball playing broad half his age

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... rino-crash

Jessica Dorrell Ruined Her Wedding for Old Bobby Petrino & His Bike

Posted by Cynthia Dermody on April 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Comments (19)| Likes (8)
Google the name Jessica Dorrell today and you get stories about the 25-year-old woman's alleged affair with Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino -- and also her wedding registry at Bed, Bath & Beyond . Or what you would suppose is her wedding registry, because how many Jessica Dorrells are engaged to Josh Morgans? It's possible that the All-Clad 4-piece multi-cooker for $150 and the Waterford "Carrina Essence" stemware at $80 each are the stuff of dreams of some other engaged couple of the same names. But it doesn't diminish the fact that this Dorrell is also engaged and also very much the subject of the latest sports scandal by allegedly having a relationship with a much older and prominent University of Arkansas sports figure that is married with four children. The whole thing is blowing up as we speak and couldn't get any messier, except for one thing ...

Dorrell and Morgan's engagement photos have also hit the web. If the registry is in fact theirs, their wedding was planned for June 9, just two months away. How sorry do you feel for Morgan right now? What a way to find out that his relationship wasn't what he thought it was. One site has even photo-shopped the face of Petrino over the face of Morgan to bill them as "the Dorrell-Petrino engagement photos ." Internet trolls have also attacked Dorrell's online wedding page , forcing her to take it down.

Petrino has already admitted to the "previous inappropriate relationship" with Dorrell, who happened to be on the back of his motorcycle when he crashed it Sunday night. Dorrell, a former student, volleyball player, and employee at the university, was recently hired by Petrino to work directly under him in his football program.

Her fiance Josh Morgan also works at the university, as director of swimming and diving operations for the Razorbacks. Classy.

More on Bobby Petrino Scandal: Bobby Petrino's Lust for Sexy 25-Year-Old May End His Career

No one has heard a peep from Dorrell or Morgan. I am sure they are pretty much in relationship hell right now. Petrino is pretty banged up, no one has seen Dorrell yet, so lord knows what kind of physical shape she is in. Can't imagine she left the scene unscathed judging from Petrino's mangled face and neck. She had to sustain some type of injury and how the heck would she explain that away to her fiance?

But perhaps the bigger question here is how Dorrell could find herself in this situation in the first place. It's easy to understand Petrino's motive for entering into the relationship -- Petrino is, well, a guy, and Dorrell is young, blonde, and gorgeous, as well as an athlete.

But Dorrell seemed to have such a bright future ahead. She's so young, engaged to a hunky swimmer, has a great job, er, well. You would have thought she was all grown up now and would use that college-educated brain of hers. But relationships and attraction are a befuddling thing. But not more befuddling than the thought that Dorrell might have invited her boss to her wedding (ya think?).

That's probably not on Dorrell's "problem" list anymore because when everything shakes itself out and Dorrell is done "explaining things," I can't imagine that Morgan is going to be sticking around for that that long. Lucky for him he found out when he did, I guess. Can't say the same for Petrino's wife, unfortunately.

her fiance lmao
Nets 2022

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^This story is going to end up awesome. Its my belief that Arky is the current dirtiest program in the nation and with yahoo sure to look into this bye bye program.

ric

Post by ric »

there was an academic conference here in seattle recently, and my old school friends attended, and we met up. one is a grad student at lsu. he tutors student athletes. he has tutored numerous tiger football players. he tutored the honeybadger, but he says he is smart and gets good grades so he doesnt show up all the time. but i :bow: 'd and asked him if mathieu swaggs around off the field just like he does on the field. he confirmed that he has seen some massive off field swagger, especially when dealing with women on campus.

end story. geaux tigers.

Kid That's Lifeless

ThaJim2 wrote:^This story is going to end up awesome. Its my belief that Arky is the current dirtiest program in the nation and with yahoo sure to look into this bye bye program.
Looks like he's getting fired.

alpha

Post by alpha »

and he just did.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-foo ... 25-coaches

Kind of well a really retarded list. I don't understand the love affair everyone seems to be having with Al Golden not saying he is a bad coach but so far nothing screams the love he is getting. Also the write up is funny Miami is going to be very bad this year and not much better next year they don't have much talent outside the incoming class.

Les Miles at 21 is a joke. He might be a roller coaster of wtf decisions and well kind of insane but he produces.

I would not have Mark Richt that high and I like the dude.

I don't understand how Lane Kiffin is the 11th best coach but Jimbo Fisher is not in the top 30. Tenn was a mess before Kiffin and a mess after. At USC he had more talent to work with coming in then Fisher at FSU. Fisher has out recrutited everyone save Saben since being named head coach so its not this aspect. Fisher has a better winning percentage. I am not saying Fisher should be high on this list but he is better then a lot of guys on this list with Kiffin being on one of them.

Brady Hoke is the real deal and the right hire for Michigan.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Jimbo isn't in the top 30 because so far he's pretty much been Ron Zook. He can recruit his ass off but when it comes to coaching and maximizing his talent on game day he falls flat. FSU has had exactly 1 non top 10 recruiting class since 2005 (I would go back further but Rivals appears to be glitchy pre 2005) so he has had talent coming in as well as while he has been at FSU. FSU has been "reloading" for a while now and always falls on their face when it comes to the annual "FSU is back" chatter before every season. This is the put up or shut up season for Jimbo IMO. This team has top 5 talent and if he doesn't lead them to that kind of season the FSU brass may have to start asking if he's really the answer.....
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^I agree this is the season that will tell the story anything short of a BCS bid and I will be calling for his head. But for the talent pre Fisher while they where ranked in the top 10 in the services on signing day much of the talent did not actually step foot on campus or was quicking moved to N Alabama for breaking into cars.

The easiest place to show this is on the D Line before he was head coach not 1 player was 300 pounds now 6 will be on the roster this fall including 1 that is a DE. The average weight is up about 30 pounds at DT and 20 pounds at DE. Or more simply no DL men where drafted by the NFL in the last couple of years and there is at least 5 that will be first 3 rounders.

But the point I was really making is Fisher already has a resume as good if not better then several names on the list Kiffin being the most obvious comparison. That and what are people seeing with Golden and Miami? They are at best a 500 team the next 2 years. They where not that good last year.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

So, apparently it's looking really good that USF will get 5 star DE transfer Aaron Lynch from Notre Dame. He's home sick (mostly because of his GF that attends Florida Gulf Coast) and wants to come back to FL. He was a top 3 DE coming out of high school and just went through his FS year and had 5.5 sacks playing DE in a 3-4....

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Ramen wrote:Image
:rofl:

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Prophecy wrote:So, apparently it's looking really good that USF will get 5 star DE transfer Aaron Lynch from Notre Dame. He's home sick (mostly because of his GF that attends Florida Gulf Coast) and wants to come back to FL. He was a top 3 DE coming out of high school and just went through his FS year and had 5.5 sacks playing DE in a 3-4....
The kid is a beast, will be a top 15 pick in the 2014 draft.

edit-Forgot to mention though his mom slightly insane.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Lynch is visiting USF this weekend. Heard that it's all but a done deal and he just has to get his paperwork filed.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Lynch publicly stated he will enroll at USF. The rumor going around is his fiance is pregnant and that's why he wants to come home. If this is true it's great news because he will get a hardship waiver and won't have to sit out a season. I haven't been able to get confirmation of the pregnancy from my source close to the program though....

Kid That's Lifeless

Defensive line gonna be nasty.

ric

Post by ric »

did i read that right that fsu is going to be in the big 12 by the start of the season?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

ric wrote:did i read that right that fsu is going to be in the big 12 by the start of the season?
No it will be 2013. And now I am done with the Alma mater over this shit its so fucking embarrassing. Some asshole kid in WV starts this rumor and are fucking retarded BOT ass hole gets his news from message boards and blows this whole shit up. And yet this asshole was no where in the last 4 years while the state fucked FSU and UF over and over and over and over and over again with budget cut after budget cut. Fucking FSU and UF are not even allowed to raise their tution to try to hit their budget either and this asshole was no where in the fight.

But, this load mouth asshole got the ball moving and no matter what at this point its going to mean out of the ACC. But, then most of the retarded fanbase is well fucking retarded. They really think the ACC is out to get FSU and the ACC hates football ignoring every fucking move the ACC has made in the last 20 years has been about football. Like I dont know adding nothing but football first schools. Cuse and Pitt both football first schools traditionally.

But, yeah we get to throw away the Miami game (with 9 game conference scedules no way this game is played anymore with UF still on the table) and replace it with the fucking coach burners in WVU. No one else is going to leave the ACC so its going to be fucking Lousiville as are partner. And I hope to fucking what ever there is to hope to that FSU gets stuck in a division with Iowa St, KU, Ktate, TT, Lousiville and WVU. That way we have no fucking good game at all in 5 years because Dana will be at a better job by then probably UNC for the laughs. And get to play OU/UT at Doak every 3 or 4 years.

But, the Big 12 cares about football. Yeah with such awesome football schools like TT, Baylor, KU, and Iowa St. But what about Okie St yeah lets see what they do when they actually have to start a college age kid at QB. They are a 7 to 9 win program with no history aka will not fill Doak. K State is only good when a 120 year old coach is on the sidelines and no one gives a shit about them. TCU lets see what they do when they play big boy football I see them as a 7 to 9 win program at best but if and when Peterson leaves they will be nothing again like they where just about their whole history. U of Cinicy has won more outright Big East titles then WVU has.

And for this we get to make 3 to 4 million more a year money that can more then be made up by winning. Since you know its our own fucking fault the ACC contract sucks.

ric

Post by ric »

interesting.

just saw this article (with graph) about profitable football programs. i believe the red is not profitable, but that could just be a bottom-half-of-median indicator

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2012/5/15 ... -athletics

Here are my observations.

- Only 22 programs were profitable in 2010-11 net of subsidies. Nine of them were in the SEC, with only Auburn (loss of $822,383) and Ole Miss (loss of $1,589,324) taking hits. Seven were in the Big Ten, five were in the Big 12, and one (Oregon, thanks Phil Knight!) was in the Pac-10. Not a single ACC or Big East program was above water without subsidies.

-Texas was the revenue champ by far, bringing in roughly $18.5 million more than second place Ohio State. The Longhorns spent more than the Buckeyes brought in and still turned the second largest profit in the country. Texas was $3.1 million short of doubling the median revenue for the top 51 public schools. Keep in mind this is for 2010-11, so it's before ESPN guaranteed the school $15 million per year for the Longhorn Network (half of which goes to academics for the first five years).

-Kansas State was the most profitable program overall despite being below the top-51 median for revenue. LSU was most profitable in the SEC, Penn State in the Big Ten, and again, Oregon was the only Pac-10 school to turn a profit.

-Florida State was almost $16 million in the hole for that year. No wonder some at the school are thinking about switching conferences to make more money. If you look at true revenue, which is revenue minus subsidies, FSU is 26th among public schools ($71 million) near institutions such as Indiana, Minnesota, Kansas, and Illinois. It's far behind its main recruiting rivals Alabama ($119.2M), Florida ($119.1M), Auburn ($99.6M), and Georgia ($89.1M). Clemson, FSU's rumored traveling partner to the Big 12, is even more behind in 37th place with $56.1 million in true revenue.

-UNLV was the only non-BCS school to finish in the top 51 public schools for revenue, but it did so largely thanks to a $32.2 million subsidy. It was the least profitable program on the chart and, I'd bet, in the country.

-Boise State was down over $10,000,000 for that year, it's last of playing football in the WAC. Its move to the Mountain West was expected to boost revenue by less than $1 million per year. There's your reason why the school is chasing TV money with the Big East despite how little sense it makes for a team in Idaho to be in a conference with "East" in its name.

-Army was profitable before its subsidy of of $11.76 million, and Air Force was barely in the black before its $25.3 million subsidy. Your tax dollars at work, partially.

-Once you get past a certain point, roughly Iowa State's $48.6 million, the revenue figures start to become meaningless. The variations between schools largely are due to subsidies rather than organic athletic department revenue. For instance, Delaware has the highest revenue of I-AA schools at $36 million, but $28.5 million of that consisted of subsidies. The Blue Hens had only $7.5 million of true revenue. Fresno State is listed below Delaware on the list with $30.2 million in revenue, but $21.8 million of that was true revenue.

ric

Post by ric »

a cool little graphic of the full schedule for every team by conference
http://www.thefootballschedule.com/coll ... hedule.pdf