The Official NCAA Basketball Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Re: The Official NCAA Basketball Thread

Post by Reason »

:cheers: wheels

re: longhorns

fuck texas
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

alpha wrote:The Chinese league is some batshit league??
The stats that come out of that league are super inflated. That's all I meant

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

findlay vs montverde on espn 2

great game

ben simmons is super impressive. really polished and high bball iq
Nets 2022

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

yeah, hell yeah
moved by duck muscles

wheels

Post by wheels »

Could say a lot about how that game went down, but it will all come across as sore loser hatred so-

On Wisconsin. I think 38-1 is pretty fucking good. It was fun, can't wait for next season

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

either outcome the losing team could have plenty to say
shit was sloppy a lot on the court, sloppier on the refs
with no stakes involved but pulling for wisc, that was #fun as hell
moved by duck muscles

wheels

Post by wheels »

Yeah for sure. Calls went both ways, both teams got away with shit they shouldn't have, but that's basketball. It comes down to missed opportunities for UK, and Wisco doing just enough to get by. But a win is a win, they got it, so now let's all join together in mutual hatred. Fuck Duke, right? Where Breeze at?

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Leave it to Wisconsin to turn the game into a snore fest
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

wheels

Post by wheels »

This is the rare case of a Calipari team playing its worst basketball at the end of the season. He usually gets them to do it the other way around.

Last year's team shouldn't have made it as far as they did, but they turned it up in March and overachieved. The Brandon Knight team that lost to Uconn didn't "belong" in the final four, not without Kanter, but there they were.

In his first year at UK, the Wall/Boogie/Bledsoe team were the favorites to win. They slacked off and lost to WVU in the sweet sixteen because, well at least one of those guys is an idiot. The other two weren't enough. Not naming names. That team was trending downwards, and they were embarrassed in the tournament.

The team that won in 2012 was not as good as this team. They had one individual player who was better than anybody we had this year, and one guy that had an entire team's worth of intangibles. That got them there. What put them over the top was kicking it up a notch when the tournament started, and about 7 guys you will probably never see in the NBA.

This team did not do that. They played some of their worst ball of the season in the tournament, saved only by seed and raw talent/athleticism, they limped into the final 4 and were beaten by an inferior team. An inferior team that played better, maybe got a call or two, and outworked both Kentucky platoons. We had the guys, but nobody stepped up. And we're talking about 8 NBA players, maybe 9. Playing a squad full of overseas-bound whiteboys who will probably just finish their degrees and go into consulting or whatever. And good for them.

UK and Cal should have been able to compensate for even the worst officiating. This is a team that should have shut Wisconsin down, because they are maybe the only team in the country who could do it. But, they didn't. And I agree with Drew Harrison re: Frank the Tank. But I also wish he was one of us.

When you front-load the schedule like that, then snooze your way through a weak conference schedule & tournament, you're going to regress. Blowing out WVU was not an accomplishment. Almost losing to ND should have been a wake up call, which was obviously ignored. The team that destroyed Kansas and UCLA earlier in the year would have cruised to the chip. This was not that team.

Good year, can't be too mad, but can't let Duke get number 5. Those fuckers are catching up! On Wisconsin.

Congrats to Cal on the hall of fame, well deserved.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

:cheers: times infinity, bro, feel for ya

i was rooting for the ulis-cats

i will never ever forgive cal for benching the harrisons to start the 2nd half though
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

Didn't have the highest opinion of kaminsky, but dude will not suck at the next level.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Ugliest motherfucker ever tho, Jesus Christ. Change your fucking face, guy.

alpha

Post by alpha »

he's not Kanter ugly tho. NH

T Rav

Post by T Rav »

I picked Wisconsin to win the whole thing. Why haven't I learned my lesson to not pick a team that leans on a big white?
Buy my mixtape.

wheels

Post by wheels »

What up, dead ass NCAA thread!

Who's excited about Skal? Just me? That's cool.

Right around the corner, can't wait.

DredScott

Post by DredScott »

wheels wrote:What up, dead ass NCAA thread!

Who's excited about Skal? Just me? That's cool.

Right around the corner, can't wait.

i'm kinda surprised that skal is eligible but i'm glad he is, I hate when the NCAA penalizes kids for shit that is borderline but lets other programs (i'm looking at you, UNC fake ass afro-american major motherfuckers) gets away with murder.

and on that note, is UNC the weakest #1 in years or what? they added literally nobody outside of some mid-major transfer and return a team that had double digit losses yet they are the pre-season favorites...nope they ain't winning shit. mark it down.

wheels

Post by wheels »

UNC ensured they were adjusted to their proper rank pretty quickly, so thanks for that.

I'm going to assume this Kentucky team loses a couple of games during the regular season, and the Duke win doesn't mean nearly as much as it would in two months, but they look good right now.

LSU losing to Marquette was kind of a head scratcher, but Simmons can't do it all himself. That said, he shouldn't have made the extra pass at the end there, that's his shot to take.

I'm probably only going to get to one UK game this year, so I made sure it was the champions classic here in Chicago. That was a great ticket. $120 for decent seats to one dull game and one phenomenal game. I hope that thing stays around for a long time

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

T Rav wrote:I picked Wisconsin to win the whole thing. Why haven't I learned my lesson to not pick a team that leans on a big white?
see: Christian Laettner

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Hawaii tho.