The Official NCAA Basketball Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Kid That's Lifeless

Re: The Official NCAA Basketball Thread

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

That quote really isn't malicious. Self was probably laughing or smiling when he said that. He doesn't seem like the type to get angry over that kind of stuff.

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
Reason wrote:USF will be competing for conference championships in 2-3, maybe 4 years is my prediction

antigua was so crucial to kentucky
I greatly anticipate that #rzntoldyall. From your lips to Allah's ears.
At the very least with the new staff that has been assembled we will target NYC aggressively. I like what I've seen from COA so far and the potential to play a more exciting brand of basketball. I just hope in the end he can coach as he won't get elite level talent like he did at UK.

Also, I like the recent direction of the athletic department with the Hires of Taggart, Harlan, and Antigua. I like the trend of young, enthusiastic, and aggressive when it comes to taking athletics in a different direction after Holtz, Woolard, and Heath. Hopefully the trend continues and we move the baseball program in a different direction by not reupping Prado as he's in the final year of his deal.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Time to interrupt this USF pow wow. Gotta show some love for family friend Cuonzo Martin accepting thr head coachi. job at Cal. Tennessee was not appreciative. Too much talent has been leaving the Bay Area/Northern Cali region like Josiah Turner, Brandon Ashley, Dominic Artis, Aaron Gordon, Jabari Brown, and Marcus Lee among other. Perhaps he can keep them home.

Ivan Rabb is among the best prospects in the country. It might be too late to get him, but if Cuonzo does, lookout

Hopefully he can be the clean version of Todd Bozeman. After the Bruins, the Bears are gonna be among the teams I'll support on the low.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Did anyone see that Rashad McCants story? WTF
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Sources: John Calipari plans combine
Updated: September 9, 2014, 12:44 PM ET
By C.L. Brown | ESPN.com
141110COMMENTS21EMAILPRINT
Kentucky coach John Calipari is putting the finishing touches on a two-day scouting combine for NBA teams, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday.

The event will allow the Wildcats to showcase their players and eliminate the distraction of NBA scouts visiting throughout the season, and it will inevitably be a recruiting tool for Calipari for future classes.

[+] EnlargeKarl Towns Jr
Sam Forencich/Getty Images
Incoming freshman Karl-Anthony Towns will be part of a deep and talented frontcourt at Kentucky.
One NBA executive told ESPN.com that the event, to be held Oct. 10-11, is a "great idea" because scouts can make their observations in one weekend and it "limits the parade of NBA guys in practice."

The Wildcats have nine McDonald's All-Americans on their roster this season -- only Duke has as many -- and could match the 2011-12 team, which had six players taken in the NBA draft including top overall pick Anthony Davis.

ESPN Insider Chad Ford ranks Karl-Anthony Towns, a 7-foot freshman center, as the No. 3 prospect for next year's draft and said he could make a play for the No. 1 spot.

Senior Willie Cauley-Stein returns, and sophomore Dakari Johnson, sophomore guards Andrew Harrison and Aaron Harrison, and junior power forward Alex Poythress could end up declaring at the end of the season. Cauley-Stein and Johnson are both 7-foot centers.

The players will go through combine-style drills and measurements and also play full-court 5-on-5 games with officiating, according to a source.

Throughout the season, scouts generally arrange to visit practices and attend games but are barred from interacting with players. Because of the amount of NBA prospects on its team, Kentucky would receive more inquires than most programs this season.

Yahoo! Sports, which first reported the story, has also reported that Calipari would block scouts indefinitely from visiting practices during the season.

calipari is a G
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

so sick, coach cal just got two 5 star guys who didn't even consider or barely considered kentucky when they first started getting closer to making decisions

these quotes lead me to believe the rich will always get richer for kentucky as long as they got cal:

"I watched Coach Cal on TV, watched his team on TV with Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noel. That's one of the reasons I worked so hard with my academics; I wanted to have the chance to play there. My freshman year, I was hoping Coach Cal was going to offer. My sophomore year, first game, he came and offered me."

and

"Coach Calipari has a machine going on with getting point guards to the NBA. John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Derrick Rose. I can see myself in that mold."

The two guys in question:

i comp Skal to channing frye with interior defensive presence

what more can you say about a cross between mark jackson and tyreke evans in a smaller body than jax? can't help but root for this khalid el amin with superior handle and passing

neither of these guys are as good as the main guys in this recruiting class though...well briscoe might be, especially in ncaa
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Season starts tonight!

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Yo, the story of Skal is crazy. In short, after the tsunami hit Haiti, he came to America to live with a guy who realized he was a pro prospect, then began openly shopping him to college coaches in return for "donations to his charity." Dude even rigged up his own bullshit traveling school team full of non-prospects, under the umbrella of the charity, to go around the country showcase Skal in front of the nations' top schools.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... m-prospect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

Kentucky lookin terrible

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Jahlil is obscene

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Kentucky looking pretty dope
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

Good lord^

Okafor was worth the ticket price alone. Duke is gonna be hard to beat

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

yea okafor is made for the college game
Nets 2022

wheels

Post by wheels »

I'm not sure anybody will know the answer to this, but google has failed me so here goes:

I'm trying to decide on seats for the CBS sports classic, a double header at the United Center. Ohio State/UNC and Kentucky/UCLA. My options are-

Lower level, near center court

Harris club, behind the basket between the 200 & 300 levels.

The Harris club is free food & drink, which makes up for the inferior location. The money isn't the issue, the access to booze is. I'm taking my pops, and he likes to drink. I can't figure out if they're going to sell beer to the rest of the arena. I was in Indy on Tuesday, and they were selling beer up until 10 minutes remaining in the second game, but I can't verify whether or not the same will hold true at the UC, and I can't remember if beer was available for the all-american game. If there was alcohol available at a high school game, I'm assuming the same would apply to an NCAA game.

Does anybody know the policy on this? As far as I know none of the schools involved have alcohol sales at their respective venues, but schools like Marquette do, and I'm told it's because they play at a pro arena.

Help me out here. Watching 7 hours of ball without beer might be more than my old man can stomach.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I think beers are cool, because the United Center is an independent facility that isn't governed by the NCAA. I'd even go so far to imagine that the UC would require being able to sell alcohol at the game, because they are gonna be able to keep those profits, and thats gonna make them way more money than the fee they'd charge the NCAA or the schools or whatever organizations for renting the arena. So I'm not 100% sure, but you should be good.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Found this, from the Champions Classic last year at the UC:

http://www.unitedcenter.com/events/2013 ... s-classic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PEACE

wheels

Post by wheels »

All I needed to see.

Thanks bro

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

horns looking strong. can barnes get texas back to the final four?

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

djjeffresh wrote:horns looking strong. can barnes get texas back to the final four?
Definitely playing like a "team" early.. good call by ole dick

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Myles Turner is an animal

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

djjeffresh wrote:horns looking strong. can barnes get texas back to the final four?
Rick Barnes once coached a team starring the second-best player in the NBA right now, a lottery pick, and a collegiate 15-10 guy out of the second round. So prolly not.

Bulls 3-0!

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

peanut butter wrote:Myles Turner is an animal

PEACE
#rznto...forget it :-p
Nets 2022

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

Holmes going for the win when he had riddle under the basket for the easy tie..

Oh man what a finish..

wheels

Post by wheels »

Michigan and Syracuse turned into a great game.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

This tournament is a beaut. As is Spike. Juiced for Wisky/Duke tomorrow.

PEACE

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

^^
Wisconsin with the "upset" and Okafor will have a nondescript game
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I got Wisconsin too. They aren't losing at home.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Justise Winslow a bad motherfucker, b

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

peanut butter wrote:Tyus Jones a bad motherfucker, b

PEACE

djjeffresh