2012 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

naturalborn103

2012 NBA Playoffs

Post by naturalborn103 »

East
1) Chicago
8) Philly
Chicago in 6

4) Boston
5) Atlanta
Boston in 6 (Atl has homecourt)

3) Indy
6) Magic
Indy in 5

2) Miami
7) NY
Miami in 5

West
1) SA
8) Utah
SA in 5

4) Memphis
5) LA Clippers
Memphis in 6

3) LA Lakers
6) Denver Nuggets
Lakers in 5

2) OKC
7) Dallas
OKC in 7

Memphis or SA coming out the West and Miami or Boston coming out the East.
Last edited by naturalborn103 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

kinda dig what you said, but go easy on the green kool aide.

it will be a typical boring spurs run void of excitement...just technical, proficient jew hoops with perhaps a kiss off the glass

i'm excited to see

-how the heat fail to get their perceived championship despite breaking the code of men (if you're gonna break the code..at least get a title out of it..right?)

-kobe missing the scoring title and missing an appearance in the finals..

-watching average East teams act like a playoff squad
Last edited by capable_keL on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I think Chicago is going to beat Boston in 2nd round, but I also think Boston has a chance of beating Miami in ECF and Chicago does not.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

In the building!!

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

LUCKY!!!

epic duckets bro, have fun

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Req

Post by Req »

it's not a 'true bracket' tho right?

i.e. if Philly beat Chi, they'd play Miami if they beat the Knicks?
F.U. MOOLAH

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

No, it is 'true bracket'. That is for football where matchups depend on seeding.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i'm kinda insulted that 'untrue' brackets are in circulation. remember when people took pride in their brackets?
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Yo the path for the Thunder to win the title is ridiculous. They have to beat the defending champs. Then the Lakers, amidst all the MWP-Harden hype. Then they get the #1 seeded Spurs (or the Grizz, which no team wants to face). THEN they have to beat the Heat?

Jesus.

PEACE

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I have no predictions on who will win it all, but I can't see OKC winning it. Not tough enough/mature yet. Plus Brooks/Westbrook is a bad combo. As confident as I am in the 'cers 1st round, I don't think they'll take more than 1 against Miami. I like the Lakers as a sleeper.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I had the Thunder making the finals as my preseason pick so I'll stick to it, but that path is brutal. I didn't predict them to win it though and I still don't think they will. Just not their time yet. This postseason will be a good litmus test for them though.

PEACE

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Is there any way they can Brooks if they flame out early?

Req

Post by Req »

NBA social playoffs: http://thesco.re/IhAUXL
F.U. MOOLAH

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

unclebengi wrote:Is there any way they can Brooks if they flame out early?
I assume you meant fire him. I hope so.

I have said since last year in playoffs OKC can not with him at coach. Their execution in late game situations is horrible. 1-1 with long contested jumpers by Durant and Westbrook every possession wont win.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:Yo the path for the Thunder to win the title is ridiculous. They have to beat the defending champs. Then the Lakers, amidst all the MWP-Harden hype. Then they get the #1 seeded Spurs (or the Grizz, which no team wants to face). THEN they have to beat the Heat?

Jesus.

PEACE
Eh.. Dallas has been very unimpressive most the year.

And besides that 1st round matchup, which I don't think is that hard, anyone else from the West going to have to go through just as hard matchups from round 2 to finals.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

naturalborn103 wrote:

I have said since last year in playoffs OKC can not with him at coach. Their execution in late game situations is horrible. 1-1 with long contested jumpers by Durant and Westbrook every possession wont win.
Totally agree. I don't know if Westbrook doesn't listen to him or Brooks doesn't know how to coach the position. Probably a bit of both, but either way he doesn't seem to have control of the team. 2 of the best teams (OKC and Miami) have 2 of the worst coaches.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

naturalborn103 wrote:

it's not just their late game possessions. It is their entire offense. They are last in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio and they are last in the NBA in assist% (i'm not completely sure on the last stat though). What that tells me is that they heavily rely on isolation plays. Teams like that usually do not survive to win an NBA Championship.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

philly will give chicago a run to the point they'll be exhausted by the time they play miami (and eventually lose).

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I loved Philly early in the year, but they ain't the same team. I'd be very surprised to see them take more than 1.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

they may not win any games but i bet their def will really put some wear and tear on them.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I think Miami will come out too, but they won't have any easy road either with NY and Indiana.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

What happens in first round not really going to affect what happens in ECF too much at all.

I also think Miami will be able to handle NY easily and that Pacers might win a game or two, but won't do too much damage. I did think Pacers had a very legit shot at beating Bulls though if they matched up.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

it's not just their late game possessions. It is their entire offense. They are last in the NBA in assist to turnover ratio and they are last in the NBA in assist% (i'm not completely sure on the last stat though). What that tells me is that they heavily rely on isolation plays. Teams like that usually do not survive to win an NBA Championship.
Yea, your right. Their half court offense sucks.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

the knicks beat the heat.

PUT YA NAME ON IT

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

naturalborn103 wrote:What happens in first round not really going to affect what happens in ECF too much at all.

I also think Miami will be able to handle NY easily and that Pacers might win a game or two, but won't do too much damage. I did think Pacers had a very legit shot at beating Bulls though if they matched up.
I'm through trying to predict how Miami will play, but I do think NY is a bad matchup for them. Probably more so than the Pacers. When the Heat really try, they throttle the Pacers. Granger and George get bitched by Wade and Bron. The only thing about the 'cers though is that teams haven't played them with George Hill starting at point. If he plays great, they'll be a tough out.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I like Memphis coming out of the West.

I like Miami coming out of the East.

Now I that I got that out of the way, I can't wait for both of them to lose in the first round.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

If Randolph was himself, I'd like the Grizz more, but they're not sneaking up on anyone this year and he was by far their most effective offensive player during their run last year.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:

Yea, your right. Their half court offense sucks.
i think we're going a little overboard with the brooks hate. it's not all on brooks. he has players that he is playing to their strengths. when your "point guard" has a high usage rate and plays a bunch of minutes and your 6th man is pretty much the exact same type of player (doesn't look pass-first, is aggressive to get his shot off when he has the ball in his hands) and also plays a bunch of minutes and then your freakin superstar rightfully also looks to score with the ball in his hands but of the three has the biggest penchant for passing (especially on drives) you're naturally going to have a team with low ast:to ratio and poor ast%. also maynor has been out and they literally have no "i make plays for other people first" players on their team (sefolosha? ibaka? feel me? smell me?) they go hand-in-hand and you can't just quote stats to out brooks as a awful coach. he's a decent coach with a squad that would skew those numbers regardless.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

don't overrate memphis. they won't even make it out of the first round

:icedit: if they beat the clippers though, i agree they are a legitimate upset contender in the 2nd round b/c z-bo might play himself into shape

and frankly i'm convinced at this point that marc gasol holds the crown at the moment for most underrated player in the nba
Nets 2022