Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

RacquetballGangsta

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Moyes needs to go, no? hire Martinez lolol
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

Req

Post by Req »

nah, he still gets this season and end of next. They may force his hand at bringing in new staff though.

the playing style is absolutely atrocious. I swear it was like watching United play in Europe during the mid-90s when they had no clue what European football was.
F.U. MOOLAH

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Honestly, it's kinda sad watching them. They were completely uninspired from the jump. I am however, enjoying the complete and utter demise of Rio Ferdinand. What a sack of shit.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

If I'm Moyes I make a clearout in the summer and declare a 3 year plan. The press will support him over that because they're running with the 'inherited bad group of players' narrative. The fans will support him because it'll look like progress and he'll still have Fergies backing.

What he absolutely cannot do is stand still and be reactive to the market. Realistically, this is what he has to build on:

De Gea

Rafael
Jones
Smalling
Evans

Fletcher
Cleverley
Carrick
Fellaini

Nani
Januzaj
Mata
Kagawa
Rooney

Chicharito
Welbeck

I left RVP off because there's no point in keeping a player who doesn't want to be part of a rebuild. If you can get 20m+ from a non-EPL club, bite their hand off. Given the list, he needs at least 3 new defenders, 3 new midfielders and a striker. And they won't come cheap. Even still, the problem at United isn't just with the players. Even Fergie knew he needed a Quieroz/Meulensteen.
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

But how many of those players should be starting for a club like United, really?

De Gea, maybe Rafael, maybe Carrick, maybe Januzaj, Mata, Rooney.

The entire defense and midfield needs an overhaul.

But Mata should be playing n10 anyway with Rooney up front. RvP prob doesn't want to leave England and few clubs will give him the same wages he is on now, could be an ugly situation. Fergie bought him to get short-term goals and run his body down (nh) for a year before leaving Moyes to deal with the shit. That, and the Zaha-deal, looks a bit suspect in hindsight.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Best part - United will still finish ahead of Spurs.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

They just don't look like they have a plan or identity at all. I'm in the camp that they basically need an entirely new team. I haven't really understood any of the moves they've made from Moyes to Fellaini to not playing Zaha to Mata to Rooney, etc etc etc. It's been beaten to death already, the team just sucks and has been totally mismanaged tactically.

They're certainly not making Top 4 and they're probably going to flame out against Olympiakos in a couple of weeks. I wonder how different this team will really be come next year. Who's going to want to go to United with Moyes there and without CL football? There's at least 4 better alternatives in England already.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Fans have seen more success than any other team in my generation. Got to take the rough with the smooth. Agree with a clearout in the summer and a 3 year plan.

Comedy Quaddafi

Players would still love to come to United, the biggest team in England regardless of this season and their ape in command. They don't even have to throw the same cash around as their neighbors or a club like PSG.

Get a new defense and a centermid, that would be enough IMO.

Not sure RVP will be leaving. He has little resale-value at his age given his wages, injuries and shitty attitude. Real, Barca or Bayern won't go for it and I doubt Juve or PSG would either, so whatever he did would be a step sideways anyway (and most likely a paycut), if he wants to win trophies. There's Chelsea and Arsenal who both need a striker of course. Think Chelsea have better targets in mind though.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

RacquetballGangsta

adebayor was beasting last night..thought it was gonna be a boring game, spurs would be a laughing stock.but they actually pulled it off n saved face
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

Req

Post by Req »

spend 100m on Kroos and Vidal and give them 250k a week and be done with it.

and see if Eric Cantona still wants to play.
F.U. MOOLAH

RacquetballGangsta

I have to say Im really impressed and happy with Sterling's progress..he runs like Aaron Lennon (read: a girl) sometimes but he is a baller...thought he'd be one of these young guys that just comes in and burns out early, no substance to his game or ability to improve, but he's great and on a way better trajectory than say Walcott ever was...
Would love to see Lallana in a Liverpool jersey next season.
missed the Pardew thing..sounds hilarious though
WTF @ arsenal.
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Sterling has been amazing all year, especially considering his age. Everybody knows about his pace, but what I have been most impressed by is his strength on the ball, and willingness to track back and battle when defending.

The outside of the foot assist to Sturridge the other week was very Gerrard-esque.

If he ever works out his finishing...watch out.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Not convincing as Cardiff are shit. But three points + bobby soldado finally bagging a goal is basically like winning 5-0.

Comedy Quaddafi

Been following Milan since Seedorf took over. They have so many players I really like now, Balotelli, Kaka, Honda, Montolivo, Essien. Then there's guys like Taarabt, El Sharaawy and Robinho.

Today they lost to a Juve who are just too good. Milan played better, but Juve was in total control.
- MB

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Been following Milan since Seedorf took over. They have so many players I really like now, Balotelli, Kaka, Honda, Montolivo, Essien. Then there's guys like Taarabt, El Sharaawy and Robinho.

Today they lost to a Juve who are just too good. Milan played better, but Juve was in total control.
I've always loved Montolivo.

Roma tho >

Shitty game v Inter yesterday. But fuck Pjanic is a god... sometimes.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Both Jozy and Dempsey haven't looked this bad in years.

centerback? whats a center?back? is that like somebody...who defends...the center of the field???

Req

Post by Req »

England beat Denmark and Wilshere gets injured.

worst wednesday evar for Comedy Quadaffi
F.U. MOOLAH

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Vertonghen had like the worst game I've ever seen.

Awful all around, but Vertonghen really fucking sucked.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I caught the first half and they looked like they were gonna put up a fight. Then I see the score is 4-0? WTF.

Chelsea's title to lose?

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Positive A wrote:Vertonghen had like the worst game I've ever seen.

I think he hates playing left back. Plus he's looking a bit frustrated and I don't blame him. Fuck VanGall. I want Frank DeBoer. It's not like we have 2 of the better Ajax players all ready.

Comedy Quaddafi

Only Wigan and Hull/Sheffield stand between Arsenal and a trophy. Would gladly take FA and fourth.

Not winning it would be devastating for the club, at this stage.
- MB

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

Positive A wrote:Vertonghen had like the worst game I've ever seen.

Honestly, I'd rather lose like that than 4-0 with a full squad. It's easy to view that as an aberrant game with the Vertongen fuck up and subsequent red card (still think that was offsides, but whatever). It was game over after that. Spurs aren't as good as Chelsea, but Chelsea isn't four goals better than them either.

Wigan are playing unbelievably well. To dispatch City twice in two years in that competition is fairly amazing. If they win the FA Cup two years in a row, one of the times while in the Championship with a different manager, it will be one of the best sporting accomplishments I've ever seen.

Arsenal next. Guess who I'm rooting for?
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

jamrage wrote:Wigan are playing unbelievably well. To dispatch City twice in two years in that competition is fairly amazing. If they win the FA Cup two years in a row, one of the times while in the Championship with a different manager, it will be one of the best sporting accomplishments I've ever seen.
Yeah, form side in the Championship! Still outside the play-off spots though. Personally, I think Wigan fans would prefer a trip to Wembley for that than an FA Cup final.

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Only Wigan and Hull/Sheffield stand between Arsenal and a trophy. Would gladly take FA and fourth.

Not winning it would be devastating for the club, at this stage.
Yeah, doesn't bear thinking about. Nailed on, surely.

Mind you, do you know who the last team outside the first division to win the FA Cup was? And who they beat?

Best hope Hull get through!

Comedy Quaddafi

More scared of Wigan who are always good for an upset.

In Ox We Trust
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Can't stand Barcelona.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Pretty much, despite playing some stylish football they are one of the most unlikable clubs in the world.

Comedy Quaddafi

Bayern are just as bad IMO, if not worse. Gotta hate esp how Barcelona constantly bully the ref. If it was me I would hand out yellows every time those creeps got near me.

On another note I really respect Tim Sherwood, hes really raging at his players, basically telling them they're spoiled little babies with no heart. Gotta love his attitude - and hes absolutely right. I would be fuming if I was a Spurs-fan (God forbid) to see a bunch of mercenaries playing while thinking about their girlfriends, Twitter and luxury cars. They're a shell of a club at this point.
- MB