Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Re: Official European Football 2012 Regular Season Thread

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Former Manchester United manager David Moyes done for assault!?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Twitter wrote:“Hi Paul Dummett. I hope some day you come here [Uruguay] to have a nice time with friends. We have things for you, like a bullet in the head.”

Another tweeted: “Hey, Paul Dummett. If Suárez doesn’t play against England, you’ll never play again.”
good times on twitter, keeping it classy as always.

Req

Post by Req »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:Former Manchester United manager David Moyes done for assault!?
most attacking he's done all year.
F.U. MOOLAH

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

That's dirty Req lol

No Lando in the WC GTFO

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Req wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:Former Manchester United manager David Moyes done for assault!?
most attacking he's done all year.
Haha - very good.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Happy for Ramos and Di Maria.

Real deserves this too. It was fun to see Atletico win the league though.

LOL @ Bale being a Madrid-legend now. A monkey-looking kid from fucking Wales. Who would have thought?

Don't talk shit to Simeone btw.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

How could anyone be rooting for Real?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Comedy Quaddafi

They were the better team and played attacking football.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I was cheering for Real too. Seeing Bale deliver a second cup trophy in his first year was special/historic.

Ronaldo's celebration to his completely meaningless goal was hilarious.

Req

Post by Req »

wud be cool if we could buy sum playerz
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

I'm not excited by the rumors about Morata.

To be fair I know nothing about him. Does anyone here rate him?

Can't think of too many great strikers on the market. Possibly Costa, Cavani and Falcao. Balotelli too. Then there's the second tier with Mandzukic, Lukaku, Dzeko, etc. Suarez will probably stay if Real don't come after him now that Lvpool are in the CL.
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I'm not that excited either but I'm more concerned about his obsession with Benzema who is probably the most overpriced and overrated forward in the game. If he wants the break the bank, he should rescue Cavani who's wasting away on the wing in Paris. He's not the best fit for a slow build up team like Arsenal but he's big, tracks back, works hard and can finish with the best of them. They said they won't sell him and I'm sure he'd be interested in going somewhere else but if I can't get Z, he's who I'd chase next.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I think I might be the only Pool fan in the world that is happy Rickie Lambert is joining the side.

4m is nothing in today's market for an experienced proven goal scorer.

He is not a world beater, but as a 3rd forward I really like the move.

He has a physical presence, good in the air, good on fk, good on pks, and is from Liverpool, played at the academy as a youth, from the area, is going to play his heart out. Improvement over Asapas, who cost more.

Hopefully the Lallana deal gets wrapped pre wc.

Req

Post by Req »

VideoKilledThe wrote:I think I might be the only Pool fan in the world that is happy Rickie Lambert is joining the side.
nah, most sensible ones I've spoken to are loving the idea of him coming off the bench.

they've got Europe next year to worry about, so he'll be getting plenty of lower half league & cup starts.
F.U. MOOLAH

Comedy Quaddafi

stupidregister wrote:I'm not that excited either but I'm more concerned about his obsession with Benzema who is probably the most overpriced and overrated forward in the game. If he wants the break the bank, he should rescue Cavani who's wasting away on the wing in Paris. He's not the best fit for a slow build up team like Arsenal but he's big, tracks back, works hard and can finish with the best of them. They said they won't sell him and I'm sure he'd be interested in going somewhere else but if I can't get Z, he's who I'd chase next.
Benzema isn't even someone I like that much but I'm convinced he would score 30+ goals in all competitions for Arsenal and he would probably bag as many assists as Giroud too. We need someone who can make space for Ramsey, Walcott and Ozil and position himself in the box for tap-ins and cutbacks. Not that different from his role at Real. People talk about him being overrated so much that I'm starting to think hes actually underrated. To be fair I'd rather have Di Maria though, with Khedira on the market too I would be surprised if we don't nick at least one Real player this summer.

Would prefer Cavani as well though. We would be unstoppable with Hercules up top.

Great to see Wenger extend, bet it will be his last contract and I think he will finish with one more major trophy on his resume. We finally have the money too. Sagna looks like the only significant departure so I'm almost sure we're much stronger next year - esp if we find an rb who can defend and cross the ball.
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Frank Lampard and David Villa are signing for NYCFC.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Emre Can the second Pool signing of the summer, has size pace 20 y/o, can play LB or holding mid, at a decent price.

I dig it.

Reports out of Spain are saying a deal for Alberto Moreno has been struck, but no official word yet.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Cesc to Chelsea. Why was he surplus @Barca? Has he fallen off that much? Financial problems? I thought he was the heir to Xavi, who is clearly not at the same level as he was during the Pep years.

Diego Costa, Cesc, Hazard, Oscar tho.

Comedy Quaddafi

They want Rakitic or Koke instead, as I understand it. And then there's FFP.

Cesc isn't popular with the fans either and he wanted to move back to London where his girl and kid lives.

Definitely a Roman-signing, not someone I imagine Mourinho fancies at all and I have a hard time seeing him being a great succes there, the little bastard.
- MB