***NFL WEEK 7***

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

***NFL WEEK 7***

Post by capable_keL »

@San Francisco vs Seattle Thu 10/18 07:20pm
@Buffalo vs Tennessee
@Indianapolis vs Cleveland
Green Bay vs @St. Louis
@Minnesota vs Arizona
@New York (NYG) vs Washington
New Orleans vs @Tampa Bay
Dallas vs @Carolina
@Houston vs Baltimore
@Oakland vs Jacksonville
@New England vs New York (NYJ)
Pittsburgh vs @Cincinnati Sun 07:20pm -
@Chicago vs Detroit Mon

we have some nice momentum going. let's keep it elite, creative, and troll with some savvy. if you are merely a one trick pony, go fire off 'the cowboys are faggots' posts among your own kind. you'll be banned, deleted, and hit with malware.

we're not just the beautiful people, we are the best forum on the site. let's act like it, gentlemen

:cas:
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

naturalborn103

Re: ***NFL WEEK 7***

Post by naturalborn103 »

AP/Harvin/Rudolph. Who Has better rb/wr/te combo??

an-also

Post by an-also »

Falcons got a pretty good trio in Turner/White or Jones/Tony G

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Foster/Johnson/Daniels in Houston is formidable as well

PEaCe

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I'd prefer first one over both. Turner burned out. Call me crazy, but I think minn better at all three positions then Houston.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

naturalborn103 wrote:I'd prefer first one over both. Turner burned out. Call me crazy, but I think minn better at all three positions then Houston.
You're fucking crazy.

Foster > Peterson for sure.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

ehh...

i'll tell you this much, with my homer hat off:

kyle rudolph is virtually unstoppable and making ponder look good.

as far as peterson foster, shit, a few months back his leg was hanging by a thread. and he's still dictating what the defense does. foster is tailing off some... not that its entirely his fault. I wouldn't say he's chris johnson

but foster may be better than peterson right now but it's by a slight margin. i'd suggest he is the beneficiary of a better QB, WR core, O line, and coaching

defenses are designed to stop peterson first and foremost... and still cant

foster couldnt get going against a rancid pack run defense that peterson shreds twice every year

i love houston and foster btw

:cas:

an-also

Post by an-also »

Ap is the best back in the league.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

an-also wrote:Ap is the best back in the league.
Yea, I don't think its that close honestly. You give AP Houston D and Houston O line he would be going nuts. It is no way talking bad about Foster, but AP is just a on another level. Kel, for such a huge homer (nothing wrong with that), you sell AP short a lot.

I was more thinking people would argue about A Johnson and Harvin.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I think fantasy has clouded people judgements on RBs.

ric

Post by ric »

ap is the better back in all respects but foster is great for that system
49ers v seattle
i will probably miss the first qtr but that is the game
correct me if im wrong but baltimore d hasnt been able to stop people which is :naswtf: and houston will prolly run all over them.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

webb & ray lewis done for the year?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

ric wrote: 49ers v seattle

Someone alert Tagliabu. We gotta get the start time pushed back about 30 minutes.

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

naturalborn103 wrote: Kel, you sell AP short a lot
that's correct. peterson still needs to commit to his holes instead of making 3 jump-cuts before his blocking can develop. so what's the solution? make a great pure runner go against his instinct? run him out the I formation because he is amazing with a great FB.

the more i see him play, the more i am convinced he is up there with randy moss, and cris carter as the best players i've ever seen.

that being said, I'd draft foster over AP 80% of the time

however, like ric previously buttressed, foster is in the ideal system whereas AP is the featured guy everyone zeros in on

harvin over andre johnson? right now, it's not even a a conversation imho :cherrynut:

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

peanut butter wrote:

Someone alert Tagliabu. We gotta get the start time pushed back about 30 minutes.
Really worried about this game with the 9ers coming off a short week after getting their asses handed to them, and the Hawks coming off a big win. Much more so than usual. Oddly enough I felt better about the week 1 road game against GB (before we knew they'd struggle this year), which is fucking terrifying.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

capable_keL wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote: Kel, you sell AP short a lot
that's correct. peterson still needs to commit to his holes instead of making 3 jump-cuts before his blocking can develop. so what's the solution? make a great pure runner go against his instinct? run him out the I formation because he is amazing with a great FB.

the more i see him play, the more i am convinced he is up there with randy moss, and cris carter as the best players i've ever seen.

that being said, I'd draft foster over AP 80% of the time

however, like ric previously buttressed, foster is in the ideal system whereas AP is the featured guy everyone zeros in on

harvin over andre johnson? right now, it's not even a a conversation imho :cherrynut:
Why would you take Foster over AP?? Foster is a better receiver, but AP is a WAY better rusher on 1st and 2nd down.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

musgrave takes AP off the field too much on 3rd down and in the red zone. between you and i homie, the fantasy, vikings, and elite running is overstimulating, so i force myself to break my suspension of disbelief on the athletic prowess that is ADRIAN PETERSON

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

PopeyeJones wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

Really worried about this game with the 9ers coming off a short week after getting their asses handed to them, and the Hawks coming off a big win. Much more so than usual. Oddly enough I felt better about the week 1 road game against GB (before we knew they'd struggle this year), which is fucking terrifying.
i agree with all that. from the perspective of a niners fan, the only saving grace is that this game is at home.

PEACE

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

An NFL scout tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn he'd take Sam Bradford ahead of Matthew Stafford or Jay Cutler for both the "short and long term."
Bradford's star has dimmed since he won the AP's Offensive Rookie of the Year award in 2010, but he's been much improved on his moribund 2011 this season, equaling his 10-game touchdown total through only six contests. Shoddy line play, a lack of playmaking receivers and a revolving door at offensive coordinator have conspired to stall Bradford's development, but there's no doubt his arm talent remains elite. He remains a strong hold in dynasty leagues.

Rotoworld
Bob McGinn is like what's his face from The Wire Season 5. Making up the news as he goes, living in Wisconsin ass faggot.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

ric

Post by ric »

@roy
as much as i actually like bradford rotoworld is garbage on everything except injury reports and they even suck at those sometimes
PopeyeJones wrote:
peanut butter wrote:Someone alert Tagliabu. We gotta get the start time pushed back about 30 minutes.
:lol: @peanut butter
@popeye/peanut butter
im pretty cysed for this one. two different styles of defensive play that are only really similar in how tough and physical they play and that whole mindset of going out to dominate defensively and grind teams down. shit is like a head on collision

1 9er/seattle front 7 vs seattle/9er line and backs
2 the 9ers have to figure out if they are here to play for 60 minutes

last season, no doubt. but i am not sure that, for this season, the 9ers are ready to hang when the going gets tough. and i think you guys touched on it and that could end up being the bottom line in this one
-they whooped up on the packers who didnt quite have their shit together
-then they beat down the lions who are still figuring out how to live in 4 and 5 wide (and how to play defense)
-the vikings came hard and the 9ers disappeared
-jets and bills and lollipop lulz
-the giants handed them their ass
-and now its a team who also plays physical. who does come to play for the whole 60 minutes. who not only believes they can win at the end, they have won at the end against tough opponents and in tough situations. every single game the seahawks have had (except the cowboys) has been decided by 6 pts or less. their non cowboy win spreads have not eclipsed 4 pts. that is what a mentally tough team looks like. not a team that cant execute in the passing game when randy moss is one on one and theyre down by two scores. not a team that gets stuffed because they dont win at the point of attack on their bread and butter run plays and then they proceed to suck at everything else.

true character game for the 9ers. i hope they get it up. gonna be a great one.
:cheers:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

It's not rocket science, if the Niners can't run the ball, can't stop the run, they won't win. Win the LOS, win the game.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

ric wrote:@roy
as much as i actually like bradford rotoworld is garbage on everything except injury reports and they even suck at those sometimes
Rotoworld might be garbage, but McGinn actually wrote that shit. He made up an anonymous scout to diss NFC North rivals.

If someone put their name to that opinion, I'd have no problem with it whatsoever. Bradford could turn out to be great for all I know.
Tweak Da Leak wrote:My nigga Poppabitch fucks with the swine?

Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye

Post by Kobe Bryant's Lazy Eye »

picked up felix jones

have cj spiller and alfred morris.

which two should I start? Morris has been pretty consistant, spiller has talent, but is now doing 2-2 shares with jackson, and Felix jones is just potential

an-also

Post by an-also »

san fran rolls tonight

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

ric wrote: but i am not sure that, for this season, the 9ers are ready to hang when the going gets tough.
Fucking christ, this.

For me watching the defensive front seven basically throw in the towel for the fourth quarter of the Giants game was honestly more depressing than the silly pistol gimmick gameplan or even the whole loss overall. I was so fucking :owens: , jesus.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

no girl, no kids.. just got home. got the double IPA, some herbicals and randy maw on the 60 inch flat

let's get this money PB

9er nation

:ring:

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i slept on the sea chickens, this is the first time i've since the packer game. obama looks like brian blades out there

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Alllllllllllll the field goals and timeouts

NFC Norf >>>>> Norf Turner >>>>>> the brand of Aussie league football played on the left coast

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

stop fucking around and feed crabtree

keep feeding him and feeding him

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

capable_keL wrote:stop fucking around
Albert Smith knows not of what you mean, nor how one might go about doing what has been suggested above

PEACE