2013 NBA Playoffs

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs First Round

Post by peanut butter »

binary wrote:
peanut butter wrote:I'm not even allowed to hate on a game when my team is down 20+ in the third Q on the road? The fuck tho

PEACE

those refs though
I'm sayin tho.

PEACE

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

So are warrior fans as pussy as curry and thier coach?

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Orale Holmes wrote:So are warrior fans as pussy as curry and thier coach?
Looks like someone snatched the playoff appearance title from Trademark.

Peebee, you said the fans wasted their money watching a blowout.(at the time)
I am saying that I'll take a playoff win any way I can, and I'm sure the Denver fans would agree.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
Orale Holmes wrote:So are warrior fans as pussy as curry and thier coach?
Looks like someone snatched the playoff appearance title from Trademark.

Peebee, you said the fans wasted their money watching a blowout.(at the time)
I am saying that I'll take a playoff win any way I can, and I'm sure the Denver fans would agree.

Ill mark you down for a "yes".

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

that was some real crybaby shit from mark jackson after the game. curry has fucking scorched denver this entire series so of course they're going to get physical with him. denver's only mistake was waiting until they were down 3-1 to do it. giving someone an elbow and/or a bump as they're going through the lane is a common practice in the playoffs, especially if it's someone who has single-handedly destroyed your team for four straight games. it obviously affected curry and while this is his first time dealing with something like this, i'm disappointed that his coach was "aww poor baby" instead of "get used to it, man up and overcome it". like shaq said after the game, there was nothing dirty about any of that shit. if anything, bogut's shot at faried's neck was the dirtiest thing of the game and even that was relatively tame. emerging stars like curry should be encouraged to play above that shit and continue to do what they do, not whine and complain to refs each time they get bumped a little bit.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I miss the days of 90s basketball when hard fouls were actually hard fouls. Thanks Stern.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Javale McGee wrote:If we're dirty, they're unsanitary.
George Karl wrote:Did Green play basketball or football at MSU?

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Mark Jackson is the worst. Fouling Houston so they didn't get the 3pt record was pretty bad. Saying he would pray for Collins family while a gay guy signs his check was bad. Crying about people being too rough on Curry? Fuck him... All his big men throw cheap shots.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

That Fareed bump on Curry was really not that bad though. They kept showing the replay like it was the bynum/barea foul. I've bumped into people harder walking out of a Whole foods.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

shopping at whole foods like a baller, DAYLIGHT MONEY SON
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

also let's be real, draymond green would make a monster tight end
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

also i understand pb's frustration. for example that faried bump to curry when steph was just deliberately cutting through the lane while the play was just setting up and he didn't even have the ball or his eyes on the ball was so obvious. and though jax has this conservative douchey side to him i don't think he's a conspiracy theorist (regarding his comments that the nuggz were sending hitmen at curry and that some of the nuggz players told him they had nothing to do with it)
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

perabigail wrote:if anything, bogut's shot at faried's neck was the dirtiest thing of the game and even that was relatively tame.

This is true. And as a coach, once you instruct a player to act like a goon, or see one of your guys commit a similarly dirty foul, the right to bitch about the other team's "hit men" goes out the window. All your points about Steph needing to learn to play through contact are accurate too. And the reality is that so long as teams know that they can get Steph off his game by being physical with him, that's exactly what they are gonna do. So it becomes the responsibility of Jax to channel his energy into coaching his team past adversity, rather than getting caught up in the emotion of the moment.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

My comment about the game being trash was a joke yo. My team was being blown out. I made the joke from the perspective of a disgusted Warriors fan. Obviously any Denver fan who paid $3 to see their team win a playoff game is gonna feel differently.

Anyway, my issue with the refs this series is how tightly the games have been called. It's playoff basketball. Let the players play like big boys. Racking up fouls on the big men for off the ball fouls for boxing or setting hard screens is bullshit. These are two teams that play an uptempo style and thrive off of momentum. It's felt all series long like the refs have prevented that from building, on either side, by calling too many ticky-tack fouls.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I pray for Mark Jackson family.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

The continued adventures of Mark JackAss
UBM CD COMING SOON

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

naturalborn103 wrote:Mark Jackson is the worst. Fouling Houston so they didn't get the 3pt record was pretty bad. Saying he would pray for Collins family while a gay guy signs his check was bad. Crying about people being too rough on Curry? Fuck him... All his big men throw cheap shots.
:fail: No one wants to be known as the team someone got a record against. You're really stupid.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Hayzoos wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Mark Jackson is the worst. Fouling Houston so they didn't get the 3pt record was pretty bad. Saying he would pray for Collins family while a gay guy signs his check was bad. Crying about people being too rough on Curry? Fuck him... All his big men throw cheap shots.
:fail: No one wants to be known as the team someone got a record against. You're really stupid.
Then play some goddamn defense.
UBM CD COMING SOON

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
:cheers:. If you give up 23 3's, 140 total point, and lose by 31 the last thing you should be worried about is what the record is.

alpha

Post by alpha »

But we're beating Denver tho........

For now.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
:cheers:. If you give up 23 3's, 140 total point, and lose by 31 the last thing you should be worried about is what the record is.
So you're saying they should've just said "fuck it, you guys earned it so go ahead and get that record against us"?Fuck that
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

binary

Post by binary »

My problem last night was more with the refs than the "cheap shots", which I really didn't see much of. I just wish it would've been called the same on both ends, and not softbatch.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Hayzoos wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
Tweak Da Leak wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:
So you're saying they should've just said "fuck it, you guys earned it so go ahead and get that record against us"?Fuck that
Who said they should just let them get the record? Try to play defense if you don't want to give up records.

binary

Post by binary »

Ok, actually, the one where Faried tried so trip Steph on his bum ankle was pretty freaking dirty, push him a bit, bump him, whatever...but going after an injury like that is some BS.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Really Mark? Really? GTFOH

alpha

Post by alpha »

Guess he did learn while he was in the booth. He's deflected all the attention away from the loss and to the physical play of the Nugs. Pretty smart if you ask me.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Felton great at running PnR and really forcing KG to choose between giving him layup or ally to Chandler. Melo has really impressed me this series with his 1-1 D. His footwork has been great and staying in front of everyone he is covering. I have always wondered (not really, I know its effort) why he couldn't do this his whole career when his footwork on offense is so great.

I completely forgot Courtney Lee was on the team. What a disapointment. Bradley also completely lost confidence and even his D has been off. He is more understandable though since he is being forced to play out of position.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

omg i stopped watching at 11-0 and proceeded to play ball with pop and another friend who is a diehard knicks fan and i told them i couldnt come chill after cuz i couldnt justify ignoring my family to go watcg a shitty knicks blowout.

they are gonna be piiiissed
Nets 2022

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

alpha wrote:Guess he did learn while he was in the booth. He's deflected all the attention away from the loss and to the physical play of the Nugs. Pretty smart if you ask me.
i agree. i thought he did what coaches should do in press conferences without getting fined
Nets 2022