MLB Offseason Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Gregg Popabitch

Re: MLB Offseason Thread

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Jayou Ayen wrote:Any of you budding GMs have the ability to hit one over the fence?

You don't want to see me in the batting cages. It's a sad sight.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

A ru was quite good at baseball in my HS days, CIF Southern Section HR leader niggas
UBM CD COMING SOON

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:Any of you budding GMs have the ability to hit one over the fence?

You don't want to see me in the batting cages. It's a sad sight.
I hit 4 homers in softball last year
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Depending on how many swing I'm allowed I could probably do it.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:Depending on how many swing I'm allowed I could probably do it.
The competition is two pitches off a pitching machine and one swing

PEACE

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

In that case, I change my answer to no. I'd over swing and hit a weak ground ball to short.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

I could play a little back in the day and got to play in the big o in Montreal. Today? It'd probably be a sad sight. Haven't taken a cut in years.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

My greatest baseball achievement is hitting an inside the park home run in little league on a swinging bunt because the other team made 2 throwing errors on the same play.

That should give you my answer.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Joe Pesci wrote:My greatest baseball achievement is hitting an inside the park home run in little league on a swinging bunt because the other team made 2 throwing errors on the same play.

That should give you my answer.
so officially, we would have scored it as a fielder's choice with 3 throwing errors.

:cas:

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

i think i could. and i'd love the opportunity to try, but my better days are rapidly fading behind me so hopefully i get that chance sooner rather than later.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Murph Dog going HAM on the Phillies, they'll probably deny him clubhouse access soon

http://articles.philly.com/2014-02-27/s ... -agreement

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Seems like the Phillies have one of the most contentious relationships with local beat guys than any other club in the league. Like Gelb and Murphy are constantly airing out the team, especially the front office. And granted, recently, they've been given more material to work with, so its not been hard to write these columns. But I dont know another team in the league that constantly takes shots from local guys like the Phillies do. Certainly doesn't happen for either team in the Bay Area.

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

nice to have spring training games start up

it's a brand new beginning

this is where it all starts

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

But J-Roll is looking rejuvenated as fuck. He hit a monster shot today.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Sano out for year with tommy john surgery.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Sabathia out there lookin like black Barry Zito, with nothin left but fast balls toppin out in the 80s and super slow breaking pitches

PEACE

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

peanut butter wrote:Seems like the Phillies have one of the most contentious relationships with local beat guys than any other club in the league. Like Gelb and Murphy are constantly airing out the team, especially the front office. And granted, recently, they've been given more material to work with, so its not been hard to write these columns. But I dont know another team in the league that constantly takes shots from local guys like the Phillies do. Certainly doesn't happen for either team in the Bay Area.

PEACE

Hasn't always been this way but I'm glad for the change. Used to be all rose colored glasses and shit. Amaro is notoriously smug and disingenuous, it was only a matter of time that people started to push back. A lot of people aren't happy with the way the team is being run, its nice that the beat reporters are speaking up for the fans.

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

alpha wrote:Sano out for year with tommy john surgery.
definitely a bummer but it needs to be done. he had issues with it in winter ball . by what i've read even if he would of been called up, it wouldn't of been until late in the year. it saves a year on his contract, gets rid of a potential nagging injury and gets him completely healthy to mash dingers and win ROY in 15'...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/248026421.html

The recovery period for position players is shorter than it is for pitchers undergoing Tommy John surgery.

The Twins expect Sano to resume hitting in about four months, and he should return to playing the field in eight months.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Mike Trout has the same career WARP as Paul Konerko

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

Homer Simpson wrote:
definitely a bummer but it needs to be done. he had issues with it in winter ball . by what i've read even if he would of been called up, it wouldn't of been until late in the year. it saves a year on his contract, gets rid of a potential nagging injury and gets him completely healthy to mash dingers and win ROY in 15'...

The recovery period for position players is shorter than it is for pitchers undergoing Tommy John surgery.

The Twins expect Sano to resume hitting in about four months, and he should return to playing the field in eight months.
It's a shame.

I was just telling Rzn the other day how I felt he was the best power hitting prospect in baseball.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Johan signed by B-More

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

"There was no remorse from the Rangers," Kinsler says of the trade. "They did not care." He obviously still does. "The team had changed," he says. "It was not the same personalities, not the same players, not the same chemistry. To be traded, it was refreshing to start new."

"It was well-known throughout the game that there was a power struggle going on between [Nolan] Ryan and [Jon] Daniels, who had acquired the title of president of baseball operations last March in a front office restructuring that ultimately led to Ryan's departure after the season. Kinsler squarely blames the man who traded him. "Daniels is a sleazeball," he says. "He got in good with the owners and straight pushed Ryan out. He thought all the things he should get credit for, Ryan got credit for. It's just ego. Once we went to the World Series, everybody's ego got huge, except for Nolan's."

"Now, the drama behind him, Kinsler has a chance to step back. "I'll miss all my teammates," he says. "I'll miss Elvis and Beltre, Mitch [Moreland], Matt Harrison and [Ron] Washington." But the frustration -- with his play, with the team, with the organization -- is still so raw. "To be honest with you, I hope they go 0-162. I got friends, and I love my friends, but I hope they lose their ass."
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10544 ... n-magazine

PEACE

Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Homer Simpson wrote:

It's a shame.

I was just telling Rzn the other day how I felt he was the best power hitting prospect in baseball.

if there is better you really don't hear about them like you do Sano, or at least i don't..Gallo,Meyers...maybe?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Homer Simpson wrote:
Gregg Poppabitch wrote:I was just telling Rzn the other day how I felt he was the best power hitting prospect in baseball.
if there is better you really don't hear about them like you do Sano, or at least i don't..Gallo,Meyers...maybe?
Kris Bryant too.

PEACE

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

I'm so fucking frustrated with Twins fans going off the handle because the Twins didn't make Sano get TJ last December. Like it makes a fuck of a difference if it's done 2 months later. He'd miss 2014 either fucking way. Stop yelling at my blog.
I <3 Employee.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

awe honey, i forgot you had a blog. but it sounds like another example of the twins messing up an injury with incompetence/ misdiagnosis - a pattern that is getting a little tiresome

you should write about kirby's roid use

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

capable_keL wrote:awe honey, i forgot you had a blog. but it sounds like another example of the twins messing up an injury with incompetence/ misdiagnosis - a pattern that is getting a little tiresome

you should write about kirby's roid use
ELGJRWNGLNWEGLINWEGLKMEWRGWEGKRWGRW

*chugs a bottle of E&J*
I <3 Employee.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I'd never trust a writer who drinks brandy

PEACE

Myjah

Post by Myjah »

Point is: Miguel Sano did not have a lot to lose by trying to rest and rehab and play in 2014. That's what all the doctors recommended in Nov/Dec. He would have missed the entire season by doing it then, why not wait and see? Nothing to lose.

But fucking people...
I <3 Employee.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Hold up....you went from talking gibberish about being related to the guys who made E&J and Brian Dozier and then you edited to post about Sano again? You're creepy, lady

PEACE