Hilarious/Horrifying LeBatard vs. John Wall Interview

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

B. Ware tha Siniq

Hilarious/Horrifying LeBatard vs. John Wall Interview

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

Don't know if this should have it's own thread, but it made my day so I thought I'd share:

http://www.theticketmiami.com/podcast_lebatard.aspx - the fun begins around 24:30 in.

I don't mean to spoil, but it's one of the worst interview implosions I've ever heard from an interviewer.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut butter

Re: Hilarious/Horrifying LeBatard vs. John Wall Interview

Post by peanut butter »

I dunno man, that wasn't THAT bad. He asked a stupid question, got his facts wrong, but Wall did a good job of handling it. But both seemed to recover well enough, they went from that and hit on the other sorta relevant topics, and ended it. I'm not excusing Le Batard, that was a pretty good gaffe on his part, especially the way he set it up. But I was expecting a serious meltdown from either party, and it never really happened.

PEACE

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

interesting... but not a whole lot of compelling content. just more footage of low-hanging-athletic hyperbole
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Cliff notes?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Ramen wrote:Cliff notes?
LeBatard asked Wall about his relationship with his dad. Wall said he didn't really know him, because he spent most of Wall's childhood in prison and then died soon after his release. LeBatard asked what impact this had on Wall's relationship with his own kids. Wall said he didn't have kids. LeBatard got embarrassed and apologized, Wall just laughed it off yet. The interview goes on for a few more minutes, and then ends.

PEACE

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

sounds like most lebatard interview if you ask me

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Philaflava wrote:sounds like most lebatard interview if you ask me

lol
Nets 2022

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

I think you're underselling it. It's pretty bad. Maybe the title was overselling, but the funnier parts to me is them basking in the awkwardness of it for the next 30 minutes after the interview. In terms of the actual gaffe it's more than he did 2-3 set-ups of the gaffe when the end game was completely off. Just came off like he was trying to paint a really stereotypical black narrative of absentee fatherism leading to some redemptive story of Wall's fatherhood, when Wall doesn't even have kids. And then he just can't recover. Wall handles it excellently obviously.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

B. Ware tha Siniq wrote:Maybe the title was overselling, but the funnier parts to me is them basking in the awkwardness of it for the next 30 minutes after the interview.
There's absolutely no fuckin way I was gonna spend 30 minutes listening to those morons talk, so with that, I guess I'll have to accept missing out on the comedy

PEACE