Keeperstown (2014)

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

jamrage

Re: Keeperstown (2014)

Post by jamrage »

I'm taking offers on Wainwright. I need a big time bat in return.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

jamrage wrote:I'm taking offers on Wainwright. I need a big time bat in return.

fielder not big enough then?

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

jredd109 wrote:

Not for Wainwright. Never been a fan of Fielder's.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

jamrage wrote:
jredd109 wrote:

Not for Wainwright. Never been a fan of Fielder's.
apparently no one is. i'll probably end up trading him to nick for trevor plouffe.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i've made several offers. the problem is the same people bitch but never make counters. you don't like an offer or feel insulted? you end up crying. instead, say a witty retort and counter. same folks, same cellar dwellers year in, year out.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

I'm commin for you jay Slim

Hey, by the way who's Curt?

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Philaflava wrote:i've made several offers. the problem is the same people bitch but never make counters. you don't like an offer or feel insulted? you end up crying. instead, say a witty retort and counter. same folks, same cellar dwellers year in, year out.
dude, i've sent offers to pretty much every manager in the league and almost never get counter offers. i've sent offers to people who put guys on the trade block that are respectable offers and get no counter offers back. i accepted the stras offer you sent me. the problem with the offer for fielder you sent was you wanted verlander in the deal for ubaldo vagina, who is going to get absolutely raped in the al east.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

not talking directly at you, but in general. i think the big prob is people just don't put fourth the effort in really engaging in discussions. they have to start somewhere. everybody gets so bent out of shape with an offer they recoil. 9/10 times those people are yearly donations and nothing more.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

ahhh, sorry. thought you were shooting that one at me.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Hey Dwight, Yahoo didn't process the Fielder/Moore trade between me and jredd cause I didn't have the roster space.
Can you put it through manually? Just drop AJ Ramos from my roster.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

rape

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

i know right. if moore is even half the pitcher after tj i totally stuck it in his bum.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Both have a lot of risk. Fielder looks pretty awful right now but hopefully he can keep it together for a couple more seasons. Lets not forget that his dad completely fell off a cliff when he was 32.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Hey Dwight, Yahoo didn't process the Fielder/Moore trade between me and jredd cause I didn't have the roster space.
Done

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

trading just to trade or is there actual strategy behind this? as an elite team, I demand an explanation

all stars for waiver wire items

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

capable_keL wrote:trading just to trade or is there actual strategy behind this? as an elite team, I demand an explanation

all stars for waiver wire items

if you're asking me, fielder is next to useless at the moment. i have three other 1b eligible players on my roster, all playing better than fatso. you can never have too many good pitchers, even if he's not going to be able to pitch till next year.

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

i would have given you more than that, but good luck. hopefully fatso falls off a cliff

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

i thought it was common knowledge that i was looking to trade him?

gloss made me one proposal that i didn't accept, obviously, and i probably sent out 5-6 other offers.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

not sure my offer but i'm sure you could have gotten more thank you did. there is a reason yahoo ranks these dudes the way they do (given an entire year of projections).

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Hey Dwight, Yahoo didn't process the Fielder/Moore trade between me and jredd cause I didn't have the roster space.
Done
Thanks bud

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Philaflava wrote:not sure my offer but i'm sure you could have gotten more thank you did. there is a reason yahoo ranks these dudes the way they do (given an entire year of projections).

you're offer was davis and jiminez for fielder and verlander. wasn't going to give up verlander for jiminez, even to make up the difference between davis and fielder.

maybe i could have gotten more, but like i said, i've made several offers, none of which were accepted or countered. everyone wants to trade, but no one wants to give up anything. fatso was wasting away on my roster, if i don't pull off a trade and he doesn't get any better i get nothing for him in the end.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

be surprised if people would agree with you not taking chris davis over prince. thats why i was asking for more in return from a SP.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Philaflava wrote:be surprised if people would agree with you not taking chris davis over prince. thats why i was asking for more in return from a SP.

i dont disagree that davis is a better option than prince at this point. but no one in their right mind would say that jiminez is even close to verlander, even if verlander has regressed a bit. jiminez has his moments, but i think he's going to get torn up in the al east.

of course prince is 2-2 with 2 runs and 2 rbi today. he'll probably turn it around right now, haha.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

that is actually one of the more fair trade offers gloss has made.

it's like i'm in bizzarro Keeperstown.

Gregg Popabitch

I dodged a bullet with Matt Wieters not needing Tommy John.

I would have certainly felt the pressure to be a seller if that was the case.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

A seller of what exactly? Most disappointing hitting prospect since Delmon Young, and at 28 is at the point that he isn't a valuable keeper.

And don't give me shit about his hot start, its all backed by an abnormally high BABIP, he's striking out about the same and walking even less than normal.

Gregg Popabitch

Tommy Bunz wrote:A seller of what exactly? Most disappointing hitting prospect since Delmon Young, and at 28 is at the point that he isn't a valuable keeper.

And don't give me shit about his hot start, its all backed by an abnormally high BABIP, he's striking out about the same and walking even less than normal.
You think I was going to try to sell a guy that would have been out for the year if he had surgery?

I meant moving pieces to try to get younger for the future.

Man, you must be biding time until you get out of work or something. You're starting to lose it.

EDIT: I was a big believer in Wieters in all my leagues this year (I was able to draft him in two leagues and missed out on him in one) using batted ball numbers from previous years. I'm willing to make a side bet with you on his numbers at the end of the season if you're down. To be fair, he's striking out as less as he's walking less this year so you seem to be just in a pissy mood for some weird reason.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

:lol: I was just talking shit. I looked at his stats, his strikeout rate was only down like 1% but his walk rate was down like 4% over the past two years or something like that. Either way, his health shouldn't be a deciding factor for your fantasy team, he's hardly the lynchpin he was supposed to be, which was basically my point.
Its like if I said in Keeper Jr that since Jedd Gyorko is having a shitty year I'm going to decide to be a seller.

Gregg Popabitch

Well, I kinda felt like wieters would play like a top 5 catcher this year when he was ranked on the lower end of the top 10. I was probably being overly dramatic but I was hoping for some good production from him which I'll def get now that he's DHing until his elbow feels better.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

anyone else in favour of a transaction limit? keep it .300 has 61 transactions already! there's gotta be some kind of cap to that shit.