PGA - Phila golf heads thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

wheels

Re: 2014 PGA - Phila golf heads

Post by wheels »

I played that course the week before the Ryder cup. Still gives me nightmares

chump change
The Mayor

Re: 2014 PGA - Phila golf heads

Post by chump change »

not worth a new thread... maybe just rehash title...

but I had to watch the open via.. espn twitter feed...

jesus that seemed awfully entertaining...

and hard to get a read on just how bad the greens were since everyone is bitching.. and apparently gary player lost the contract to design the course and is blasting it..

wheels

Re: PGA - Phila golf heads thread

Post by wheels »

Golf thread, nice

I'm back to playing righty. Shot a 45 over, while cheating, and it felt great

How was everybody's season?

Edit: I guess this isn't that golf thread, but I'm not going to bump the other one

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

Post by capable_keL »

Wheels: you're ambidextrous? What made you go back to right? I had a decent season. My second time out I shot an 88; came back the next day thinking I had this golf stuff figured out: shot a 103.

This summer I'm in the mid 90s consistently. I have been mixing in my irons again, last few years I hit nothing but fairway woods. I'm finally working those 5, 7, and wedges into my game which has been a lot of fun. Putting is still my vice. Landing on the green in 2 shots and getting a 3 putt boogie is frustrating

golf=the most fun you can have with your clothes on
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

wheels

Post by wheels »

What happened was- I tore up my left shoulder a few years ago, had always been a righty golfer, and my surgeon told me my only hope was years of rehab or switching to lefty. Being me, I went lefty, it wasn't nearly the disaster I thought it would be, but I didn't feel like starting from scratch.

Almost 3 years later, I did all the rehab, had another surgery, and I can swing righty again. However, I used to swing really fast, and now I swing very very slow comparatively. It feels like I'm taking a chip shot swing with every club, but my friends who have been with me have assured me that I now just have a normal golf swing. I don't get past parallel, my swing speed is no longer supersonic, etc. It's better in the long run, you can't swing like a dickhead forever. (See: Tiger Woods)

This gave me the opportunity to re-outfit my golf bag, I hit a 10 degree driver now, and I traded in my 3&4 irons for some hybrid woods that are awesome. Highly recommend. So now I have Driver & standard 4 wood, 3 and 5 hybrid woods, 5-9 iron, PW, GW, LW. I like it. My irons were fairly new mizunos, but they're getting replaced for custom-fitted stuff soon. I'll probably drop the standard 4 for another wedge.

So I just played my 2nd round this year, after taking 2013 and 2014 off, and it feels great. Nothing hurts when I get off the course, I just have to figure out how far I hit all my irons now. I used to swing really fast and de-loft my clubs so I could hit a pitching wedge 165 which is completely unnecessary.