2013-14 NBA PLAYOFFS

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who's winning finals

Spurs
72%
Heat
28%

Total votes: 36

Big Breeze

Re: 2013-14 NBA PLAYOFFS

Post by Big Breeze »

Atlanta in 6?

Indiana and their market is so bad, they're relegated to NBA TV status. Not number one seed material. They'll be playing golf by the weekend.
Last edited by Big Breeze on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
Ramen wrote:No offense to you but this a professional league. If you're getting paid 80 million to be good at basketball then you should work on it off the court also with conditioning and so forth.
So even professional basketball players also don't have varying levels of endurance?

Don't you think this is the reason Manu Ginobilli only played 30 mpg only twice in his career?
I only brought up conditioning cause you did. I agree not everyone is built the same but I also believe that someone who has access to the highest level of training should never be so tired that they can't move, suspiciously only while on defense.
I think Hardens faults are a matter of effort honestly.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Lance :lol:

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Can I please see this lineup next game Vogel?

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Vince tho. From half man/half amazin, to half a foot in the grave but still gettin it

PEACE

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

I love the Spurs but I can't help but root for this Mavs team. Might be my favorite Mavs team yet.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

an-also

Post by an-also »

Blair. What an idiotic ejection. Might cost the mavs the game.

Req

Post by Req »

some of the worst shots in the history of western civilization.
F.U. MOOLAH

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Monta Ellis have it all

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

peanut butter wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

PEACE
"All" is a funny word, when you think about it. Perhaps an "overwhelming majority" would instead be more fitting?

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10855 ... versations

Came out why Darren Erman got fired.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

naturalborn103 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10855 ... versations

Came out why Darren Erman got fired.

Sources said Erman, who was coach Mark Jackson's second assistant, would record coaches' meetings, meetings between the coaches and players, and informal discussions among coaches that took place in the team's coaches room -- all without the participants' knowledge.

"He was taping everything," one source said. "Taping pregame speeches wouldn't have been that bad, but he was taping guys just sitting around talking in the coaches' office."

Sometimes Erman would be present during the tapings. Other times, he would leave the room and leave his phone behind to record conversations the other coaches were having.

It is unclear what Erman did with the recordings. The sources weren't sure whether he shared them with the club's owners or front-office executives.

"Was he taping it for himself or was he taping it for management? That's not known," a source said. "But he had a lot of communication with members of the front office."
Meanwhile, Erman has landed on his feet in Boston, where he will be the Celtics' NBA director of scouting, general manager Danny Ainge told Yahoo! Sports.

:naswtf:
Nets 2022

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I woulda fired him too...unless I put him up to it

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:I woulda fired him too...unless I put him up to it

PEACE
Wouldn't be surprised if they put him up to it and then they had to fire him when Jackson found out. Celtics have already hired him.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Andrew Ungvari
‏@DrewUnga
Didn't Steve Kerr tell Simmons way back that if he got another NBA job he would hire Zach Lowe?
That would suck. Lowe already lives in NY too.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

And now this, the ole rob-a-player-while-he's-playing- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2045 ... g-burglary

Couple thoughts on this Pacers series-

1. As poorly as the team (Vogel) has adjusted to ATL's style of play, PG has quietly been killing shit. Averaging 22.6 points on 47% shooting, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, .8 blocks, and 2.8 steals all while leading the league in playoff 3's made at a 51% clip and taking on the Jeff Teague assignment full time. ATL's D isn't great, but he's picking his spots better than he has all year and letting the game come to him. He'll never be a true scoring force like Bron or Durant, but when he lets the game come to him, his all around game is hard to match.

2. While Scola has been an effective player for much of the year, the team's loyalty to him is baffling when it seems that everytime Copeland plays w/ the starters (only a handful of times) the offense actually doesn't look horrible. Against a team with a big 4 and 5 Copeland's not a good matchup because he gets abused in the post, but his ability to stretch the floor and create driving lanes gives everyone on offense more room to operate and he's also shown a nice ability to create off the dribble and get into the paint if he's crowded. Scola's mid J can be wet, but it doesn't put near the pressure on the defense that a 3 marksman like Cope does. Last night though against ATL's spread O it was Copeland's D that really stood out and makes me feel like the 'cers can still win the series. ATL couldn't score the whole 4th and his ability to rotate on the perimiter and get to shooters is SO much better that Scola, West, Hibbert, and Mahimi. The 4th quarter of last night's game was EASILY the best ball the 'cers have played this series and Copeland was the key, even after missing his first 5 shots his prescense on both ends of the court was a game changer.

3. I've been a Vogel apologist and insist he should be back next year even if they lose next game, but if he doesn't play Copeland major minutes in game 6 I will lose a lot of respect for him. He's been in a tough spot this series as a one seed that has to adjust his team's whole philosophy/rotation to beat an eight. I doubt many one seeds have had to make those kinds of adjustments just to compete in a first round series, but it obviously has to be done and it's a sign of how the NBA is changing. He wasn't able to tinker with rotations the way many teams do throughout the season because the team was so obsessed with the #1 seed and couldn't afford to take chances. Hopefully he's learned from all this and it will make a very good coach a great one. While he hasn't benched Hibbert, he's all but taken him out of the rotation the last couple games. While that helped, playing Mahimi in his place doesn't change much. Up until the last few months, everything Vogel did worked out, his philosphies were simple but effective. He's been slow to make adjustments, but it's pretty clear to me (and most Pacers fans) what he needs to do after watching the end of game 5. If he does end up getting fired, whoever gets him next year will get a lot better coach than the already good version the Pacers have had.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:
Andrew Ungvari
‏@DrewUnga
Didn't Steve Kerr tell Simmons way back that if he got another NBA job he would hire Zach Lowe?
That would suck. Lowe already lives in NY too.
I dont know that Lowe is as good of an analyst as we give him credit for. He's smart for a media guy, and capable of breaking down relatively complex basketball ideas to the layman. But I dont know that he's a cutting edge basketball mind, or above average intelligence for an NBA lifer (IE the type of guy who would get hired into an organization). Beyond that, with Phil already in place and having a lot of influence, I'm not sure NY would be the place for Lowe.

PEACE

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

Even though Swaggy P is erratic and doesn't play defense, he would be a great addition to the Bulls in the off-season. The Bulls need someone who can flat out score. They really have nobody on the current roster that can get you 20 in a hurry. Maybe Carmelo goes there too...

Chicago is going fishing tonight by the way y'all.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

And then of course Taj rolls his ankle. :fail:

Wouldn't be a Bulls post season run without a nasty injury. Goddamnit just put the Bulls out of their misery

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Lol at boozer giving up 3 straight crucial offensive rebounds late in 4th.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Boozer can't wait to get this summer vacation started

75-69 :rofl:

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Poor Bulls were just too damn exhausted Togo anymore. Wizards were the better team tho. Glad to see Wall make it to the next level. Chicago has a lot of work to do with that roster.

PEACE

Req

Post by Req »

fucking hell the Heat are going to be fresh and relaxed by the time they hit the finals.
F.U. MOOLAH

Big Breeze

Post by Big Breeze »

How are the Grizzlies giving to it the Thunder in OKC? We could seriously have both number one seeds out the playoffs this year. Unbelievable.
Last edited by Big Breeze on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Okc is the 2

hustler

Post by hustler »

fuck why is reggie miller still allowed to announce?
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Westbrook tho

PEACE

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

One of the worst regular seasons ever has turned into one of the best playoffs ever. This is awesome.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I am jealous of everyone on the west coast. I have been sleep walking at work since playoffs started.

TA should prob give it up on 2-1 fast break with him and Conley.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:I am jealous of everyone on the west coast.
It's truly the best. The sonofabich who put this Grizz-Thunder game on against the Dubs-Clips gotta be kilt tho

PEACE