2013-14 NBA PLAYOFFS

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Who's winning finals

Spurs
72%
Heat
28%

Total votes: 36

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Re: 2013-14 NBA PLAYOFFS

Post by Reason »

the finals mvp for the spurs is clearly dwyane wade
Nets 2022

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Can't say enough about this team. So poised and despite being up big, still playing their asses off. Just go about their business not giving a fuck who gets what as long as they get the win.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

holy fuck this team is good. you know how good? So good that even if you'd have put James Harden back on the Thunder, the Spurs STILL would've beat them!

that good.
F.U. MOOLAH

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i dont even know if joey crawl could stop them
moved by duck muscles

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I'll be the first to say it, Miami needs to get rid of Wade

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Req wrote:holy fuck this team is good. you know how good? So good that even if you'd have put James Harden back on the Thunder, the Spurs STILL would've beat them!

that good.
:rofl:

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:I'll be the first to say it, Miami needs to get rid of Wade
You're not the first

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Not even Melo could help your bitch-asses at this point.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:I'll be the first to say it, Miami needs to get rid of Wade
You're not the first to say it.

Req

Post by Req »

F.U. MOOLAH

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

:rofl:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

God damn that's good.

Kid That's Lifeless

Pop is the Michael Jordan of press conferences.

Kid That's Lifeless

And Kawhi wants nothing to do with Stuart Scott.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

It's the postgame presser, which means its time for Bobby Ramos to shine

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

https://vine.co/v/MjQqmgY6i3z

Bill Simmons complaining he didn't get to speak. Lol. She looks pissed.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

stupidregister wrote:Not even Melo could help your bitch-asses at this point.
I just made this a few minutes ago lol

Req

Post by Req »

naturalborn103 wrote:https://vine.co/v/MjQqmgY6i3z

trill talk, why do you hate Bill Simmons so much? Draft Diary, BS Report, Grantland, 30 for 30....

Is it a Boston thing? Is it a bit like how Gloss hates every Jew involved in hip-hop?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
F.U. MOOLAH

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

sage is sexy as fuck

alpha

Post by alpha »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
alpha wrote:So poll is 70/30 spurs. is that because people think the spurs are that much better this year or that they still hate lebron?
Because the spurs are clearly better?

What is basketball?
Clearly pop invented basketball.

binary

Post by binary »

I love the Spurs.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Req wrote:

trill talk, why do you hate Bill Simmons so much? Draft Diary, BS Report, Grantland, 30 for 30....

Is it a Boston thing? Is it a bit like how Gloss hates every Jew involved in hip-hop?
He has some great ideas and has hired some very good puerile, but he really sucks when he is talking or writing. Don't know if he's just involved in too much, but he is way more interested in trying to come up with big theories, tmz type conspiracies, huge knee jerk reactions, or made up trades then just watching basketball and having something intelligent to say.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

That piece Deadspin just did on Simmons pretty much sums up how I feel about him. He is guy, like Reilly, who just got too big, too quick and has way too much involvement than he should. Not saying he doesn't make valid points but it rarely shows when he is on TV and he just seems out of his league most of the time. At best, he is a knowledgeable PF poster who somehow landed a gig writing for the biggest sports network in the world.

Gregg Popabitch

Philaflava wrote:That piece Deadspin just did on Simmons pretty much sums up how I feel about him. He is guy, like Reilly, who just got too big, too quick and has way too much involvement than he should. Not saying he doesn't make valid points but it rarely shows when he is on TV and he just seems out of his league most of the time. At best, he is a knowledgeable PF poster who somehow landed a gig writing for the biggest sports network in the world.
link?

Gregg Popabitch

unclebengi wrote:Oh so wrong obviously no matter what happens the rest of the series. Spurs offense has always been great but I slept on their team defense big time. Pretty shocking how well they've defended Wade and the paint in general. Even when the Heat get turnovers they can't get easy buckets because the Spurs transition D has been amazing as well. Wrong about Norris Cole, wrong about everything. I took a hard line on the Heat winning and look like a fool. I let my disappointment over the Pacers exit cloud my judgement a "little", but if you HONESTLY thought this is how the series would go to this point, props to you Pop, Stupidreg and company. You're smarter men than me.
Man, I just thought you let the Pacers series color your opinion on how the spurs/heat series was going to be. My statement then still stands and always will stand now that I was proven right. Just because a couple role players on the heat went cray in the pacers series definitely doesn't mean it will happen against the spurs. They have an all time coach, 3 all time players, one future star, a swiss army knife, and one of the best benches i've ever seen.

but yo, you said noris cole would be a big factor in this series. Some things you can never come back from.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Philaflava wrote:That piece Deadspin just did on Simmons pretty much sums up how I feel about him. He is guy, like Reilly, who just got too big, too quick and has way too much involvement than he should. Not saying he doesn't make valid points but it rarely shows when he is on TV and he just seems out of his league most of the time. At best, he is a knowledgeable PF poster who somehow landed a gig writing for the biggest sports network in the world.
true, his nerd arrogance is off putting as fuck too...basically, whenever I see him on my TV I instantly want to punch him in the face

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I can't understand how anyone would question people who dislike Simmons. Dude is just flat out annoying, a homer and has terrible opinions. Also, he has the speaking voice of every black comedians "white guy" voice so that's not helping either.

Gregg Popabitch

I don't dislike Bill Simmons but I really can't stand him on NBA broadcasts.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I respect Simmons. He's essentially the most powerful American sports media personality, and he started as a fuckin blogger. But he's also a total twat and has become a parody of himself. That Onion article about him breaking the space time continuing and going through the decades talking his usual shit is perfect satire, because its spot on. Ultimately though, I think the biggest beef I have with him is that he spawned a generation of wannabes who think 11,000 word articles with scattered pop culture references and grandiose concepts constitutes great sportswriting. But that's not really his fault, its just a testament to his popularity and influence

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Here is Simmons talking last year about Memphis playoff series.
I didn’t realize the effect [the MLK shooting] had on that city…I think from people we talk to and stuff we’ve read, the shooting kind of set the tone with how the city thinks about stuff. We were at Game 3. Great crowd, they fall behind, and the whole crowd got tense. It was like, 'Oh no, something bad's gonna happen.' And I think it starts from that shooting.
He gives nerds a bad name. He makes retarded theories just to say he made one up and the either cherry picks anything he can that will make it look good (Ewing Theory is ultimate example) or just gives nothing at all to back it up. It is very awkward when he has good people on his podcast because they have to politely say, "No, that will never happen Bill." about 25 times. Last one I heard Lowe had to politely tell him that Hibbert and Stephenson in sign and trade for Chandler and JR Smith would not happen.

Of 'respected' journalist he also has the biggest knee jerk reactions of anybody.