2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

capable_keL
phila HR Champ

2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Post by capable_keL »

Coaching changes, draft, FA signings, 2015 speculation goes here
Hey, by the way who's Curt?

peanut butter

Re: THE 2015 NBA OFF-SEASON THREAD

Post by peanut butter »

Posted in the other thread, but Steve Kerr is a top contender for the Knicks job. If he doesn't get it, and the Dubs let Jackson go, I'd like to see him get the Golden State job.

Also from the other thread, the Dubs have purchased a piece of land near the Giants stadium in San Francisco and are expected to build a new arena. If all goes well, they could move out of Oakland by 2018.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I was just telling someone earlier today I would love to see kerr on gs sideline.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

naturalborn103 wrote:I was just telling someone earlier today I would love to see kerr on gs sideline.
Yeah, he has an existing relationship with Rick Welts from his days in Phoenix too, so there's some familiarity. I dont know the nature of that relationship, but that's obviously gotta work in the Dubs favor if they're interested.

I also think its gonna be hard for Kerr to pass up a Knicks job, especially if he's handpicked by Phil Jackson.

PEACE

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

The Warriors bought the 12-acre site in San Francisco from Salesforce.com for an undisclosed amount in a deal that was inked Saturday night. The team plans to have the arena ready for the 2018-19 NBA season
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/W ... 418579.php
Peanut Butter wrote:Image
Jayou wrote:Image
Klay Thompson wrote:Image

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Also, Mark Jackson may be pissed but he's not losing his job. Not yet.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Smithee wrote:Also, Mark Jackson may be pissed but he's not losing his job. Not yet.
Barring trip to finals he's gone. Management hates him.

Hayzoos

Re: THE 2014-15 NBA OFF-SEASON THREAD

Post by Hayzoos »

Who is that dude?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

His boss

PEACE

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

But social media and the NBA loves him. Even the ppl in the media who ask him questions after games receiving angry responses secretly love him, I bet. He's great. His numbers in his short coaching career speak for themselves, especially in proper perspective realizing nobody had won in years for close to two decades (except Nellie at the end who only made the playoffs once) for us. Mark Jackson has a huge ego, sure, but he's not going anywhere yet.

naturalborn103 wrote:Image
See this image looks completely scripted to me. I know ppl legit have already lost their jobs but, man, the new school Warriors franchise is similar to the WWE these days it seems.

I swear, wouldn't be surprised if glass breaks Wednesday at ROARacle and a 100% healthy Andrew Bogut steps out to Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme music...

alpha

Post by alpha »

Jax has run his course, he's helped Curry become a super star. He's helped the team become a defensive team. But he's a terrible strategist outside of inbound plays.and let's not get started on his rotations. I'd give him one more year with all that said just because I don't think they find anyone better.

naturalborn103

Re: 2014-15 NBA Off-Season Thread

Post by naturalborn103 »

Serious question, how much of the team becoming a defensive team have to do with Jackson and how much has to do with getting iggy and a healthy bogut?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

i don't know I'm just waiting for PB's take on the greek Durant possibly playing alongside Wiggy.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Mark Jackson's M.O. since day one getting hired was to make the Warriors a defensive team where the past 9 or so coaches w/ the franchise failed to do.

I realize Bogut, Iggy, and Klay Klay are great defenders but at the end of the day the man succeeded in doing what he said he was gonna do.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

greek freak + wiggins?

imagine if larry sanders stopped smoking pot? wiggins - 3, gfreak - 4, sanders - 5

would other teams ever score?
Nets 2022

alpha

Post by alpha »

naturalborn103 wrote:Serious question, how much of the team becoming a defensive team have to do with Jackson and how much has to do with getting iggy and a healthy bogut?
I know what you're getting at and it's a fair question. The emergence of draymond has a lot to do with it, and you could argue that Klay is as good of a perimeter defender as iggy. Also iggy and Bogut have both missed time this season. With that said the message comes from Mark.
Now how much is the team buying in or playing for each other is a whole other question. At the end of the day they've reached their potential as far as Mark can take them. To make another jump you gotta bring in someone who knows tactics? I guess? Stan van Gundy maybe!!??

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Reason wrote:greek freak + wiggins?

imagine if larry sanders stopped smoking pot? wiggins - 3, gfreak - 4, sanders - 5

I'm sayin tho. And the fastbreak offense? Just a sprint to the rim and all the PG needs to do is run the middle of the floor and toss up the lob. Get a few shooters to space the floor for the halfcourt offense and let those guys work going toward the rim....shit. I can't remember the last time I gave a fuck about Bucks basketball, but this will pretty much change everything. Also, cant wait for Silver to carry on the legacy of Stern fixing the draft and reward the new Bucks ownership with the first pick for agreeing to keep the team in Milwaukee.

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Pop deservedly wins Coach of the Year

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

alpha wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:Serious question, how much of the team becoming a defensive team have to do with Jackson and how much has to do with getting iggy and a healthy bogut?
I know what you're getting at and it's a fair question. The emergence of draymond has a lot to do with it, and you could argue that Klay is as good of a perimeter defender as iggy. Also iggy and Bogut have both missed time this season. With that said the message comes from Mark.
Now how much is the team buying in or playing for each other is a whole other question. At the end of the day they've reached their potential as far as Mark can take them. To make another jump you gotta bring in someone who knows tactics? I guess? Stan van Gundy maybe!!??
You can say message comes from Jackson for players already on the team that stepped up their D, but Iggy has always been one of best perimeter defenders in the league and Bogut was prob the 2nd best defensive center behind Howard the last time he was fully healthy. I also am not buying that Thompson, who I DO think is a underrated defender, is close to Iggy on defense.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Here's an article giving some sharp critique of Jax's recent work:
Putting aside Xs and Os, if anything can inspire greater intensity and focus among the Warriors for Game 3, it will be this deeply embarrassing loss. But a bounce-back game won’t explain away why the team lacked those qualities in what they knew would be a tremendously hard-fought game by a desperate Clippers’ squad. Mark Jackson, even among his critics, is hailed as a master motivator who excels at unifying his team. In Game 1, they purportedly battled for a win on behalf of their leader. In Game 2, the Warriors remained unified — this time, in a state of listless disarray.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warriors/2 ... ppers-138/

PEACE

binary

Post by binary »

It's all roster. When Bogut and Iggy are not around, they suck defensively. The defensive improvement is not due to MJ's "system" or "mentality", it's talent.

Not only that, but MJ's offense is an abomination, I'm tired of him relying on Curry to bail his ass out every game. This roster has some great passers and great passing big men, yet he continues to go with isos and the high pick/nroll which Pop exposed last year...and doc exposed yesterday.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Draymond Green needs to be recognized as the third best defender on the Warriors. Klay is gettin respect, and he does a good enough job of defending his position, but struggles to stay out of foul trouble. While Draymond is more intelligent, versatile, hardworking and valuable to the team's defensive scheme than Klay.

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

peanut butter wrote:

I'm sayin tho. And the fastbreak offense? Just a sprint to the rim and all the PG needs to do is run the middle of the floor and toss up the lob. Get a few shooters to space the floor for the halfcourt offense and let those guys work going toward the rim....shit. I can't remember the last time I gave a fuck about Bucks basketball, but this will pretty much change everything. Also, cant wait for Silver to carry on the legacy of Stern fixing the draft and reward the new Bucks ownership with the first pick for agreeing to keep the team in Milwaukee.

PEACE
Greek Freak is not a 4 man. He could masquerade as a 4 depending on what kind of offense/defense the coach wants to run but he's not. There needs to be some serious nutrition and possible working on a jump shot (to be a stretch 4 possibly) for that to happen. But I do like a foundation of Greek Freak and Wiggins. Despite the peripheral numbers for Wiggins looking awful, I still like him as an NBA prospect.

Gregg Popabitch

Also, let's try to keep news about teams still in the playoffs out of this thread. There should be some sort of rhyme and reason in here. If you have to make the same exact post in both threads, there is something clearly wrong.

an-also

Post by an-also »

It feels good to not participate in this thread during the playoffs...

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

PEACE
Greek Freak is not a 4 man. He could masquerade as a 4 depending on what kind of offense/defense the coach wants to run but he's not. There needs to be some serious nutrition and possible working on a jump shot (to be a stretch 4 possibly) for that to happen. But I do like a foundation of Greek Freak and Wiggins. Despite the peripheral numbers for Wiggins looking awful, I still like him as an NBA prospect.
Couldnt they just go Wiggins @ 2 and Giannis @ 3?

PEACE

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Julius Randle declared for the draft

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

peanut butter wrote:
Gregg Popabitch wrote:
peanut butter wrote:

PEACE
Couldnt they just go Wiggins @ 2 and Giannis @ 3?

PEACE
Yeah, they could or vice versa if Giannis develops a more consistent jumper (they experimented with him at the 2 last year).

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Yea I was thinkin of them both as wings when talkin about them on the same team. Especially if the Bucks have Sanders and Henson and Ilyasova to share time at the 4/5 spots.

PEACE

Gregg Popabitch

I only jumped in because Rzn listed him as a 4.