Should Mark Jackson have been fired?

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 23

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I know it has been talked about at length, but I figure worth a poll.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Re: Should Mark Jackson have been fired?

Post by Smithee »

Other than Kel, myself, and maybe Juan the voting will just go "Yes, yes, yes, yes!" over here it seems.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Yes, but only because the relationship between him and the owner was too fractured to salvage.

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

The people on this board who didn't like the move are kinda like the people who like bad movies like gigli, because J Lo is in it and she's hot.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

alpha wrote:The people on this board who didn't like the move are kinda like the people who like bad movies like gigli, because J Lo is in it and she's hot.
:naswtf:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

I admit I find his aggressive, overly-serious, boarder line always angry demeanor can be funny at times. But I didn't choose "No" simply because I find his exchanges in post-game interviews with the media to be entertaining, though. :meh:

Crap, I hate agreeing w/ hayzoos.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Hayzoos wrote:
alpha wrote:The people on this board who didn't like the move are kinda like the people who like bad movies like gigli, because J Lo is in it and she's hot.
:naswtf:
Maybe that's over your head...

Point is, people point at the wins and ignore the fact that this team underachieved and was running a shit offense.

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

What did Mark Jackass do that Vinny D hadn't done with teh Clippers? Was there outrage over Vinny D's firing(except from Stephen A and the Around the Horn jackasses)
UBM CD COMING SOON

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I'm surprised by the outrage as well.

He just seemed average at best. He lost in the first round, had bad strategy, mishandled assistants, didn't get along with upper management, and said some bonehead things that embarrassed the organization on several occasions.

This is a recipe to getting fired.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

AFter listening to the podcast between bucher and Bill Simmons, Bucher had some insights into Mark Jackson's coaching style and the inner workings of the Warriors front office and coaching staff.

Basing it primarily on what Bucher said and nothing else (I don't think I've watched the Warriors enough this year or read enough about the warriors to make a clear decision), it sounds like Jackson should have been given another shot. It also sounds like the Iguodala move was not as great of a move on the court as it looked like it'd be on paper.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

NBC Bay Area

CURRY ISSUES STATEMENT: Golden State Warriors All-Star point guard Stephen Curry was vocal in wanting Mark Jackson to return next season as the team's coach. Jackson was fired Tuesday afternoon.
Right, do something stupid like not appease your star player over ego's clashing behind the scenes.

And I hear Mike D'Antoni is on his new potential list of candidates. Great job so far this off season, Joe.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Ok if they dumped Jackson for Dantoni that is a hilariously bad decision by management.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

The "list of candidates" basically includes anyone whose ever coached before, or is a trendy name. So D'Antoni is on it, but he hasn't been contacted. Lionel Hollins and Stan Van Gundy are in the same boat. Kerr seems to be the leader in the clubhouse, and apparently can have the job if he wants it. Thibs is on the list, but the Bulls probably won't let him go. Vogel would probably be if he gets fired. Hoiberg and Ollie have been mentioned. You get the point though. Everyone is being considered, so I wouldn't put any stock in the D'Antoni rumors.

PEACE

alpha

Post by alpha »

Well the story I read said dantoni expressed interest, not the other way around.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

I'm just venting, guys. My bad. I'm a Mark Jackson guy. and Pheezy's probably right I read that on a friend's Fb post. :lol:

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

also, I personally wouldn't be mad at a decision of Kerr or Karl.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

As I stated in the season thread, I'd like to see some continuity in this franchise for once.
I am speaking as a casual fan, I'm not interested in hardcore GM talk.
I'd like to see SVG get another shot, but whoever gets the job needs to get to the conference finals to be seen as a good replacement.
Is that really realistic with the current roster?

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

I'm kinda skeptical of all the big names being thrown around. Looking around the league, some of the best recent hires have been either been unexpected (Hornacek, Stevens) or unknowns (Clifford, Budenholzer). I'd like the Dubs to plumb the depths of some of the better young, up and coming coaches in the game, rather than make a name hire for the sake of making a big splash. Unfortunately, I don't think that's what the ownership has in mind.

PEACE

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

peanut butter wrote:I'm kinda skeptical of all the big names being thrown around. Looking around the league, some of the best recent hires have been either been unexpected (Hornacek, Stevens) or unknowns (Clifford, Budenholzer). I'd like the Dubs to plumb the depths of some of the better young, up and coming coaches in the game, rather than make a name hire for the sake of making a big splash. Unfortunately, I don't think that's what the ownership has in mind.

PEACE
The problem is it is so much easier to make those kind of hires of first time head coaches when the team has low expectations. I read there is mutual interest between SVG and GS though. I still think he is a great coach and would be best hire of all the big names out there.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I agree with that. I still don't understand why SVG has been blackballed by the league.

Also, I wouldn't be so sure about Thibs not being moved by the Bulls. There was talk in the middle of the season about how Thibs and the front office have been clashing for awhile.

The Rapping Coffin

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Fuck Jackson as player, announcer, coach, a record company and mother fucking crew

seriously the worst thing about this would be him announcing him again

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Jackson N Reggie Miller calling a game

Steve Kerr coaching, every couch potatos nightmare.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

i said yes

but then again i am a diehard atheist and admittedly that has something to do with it
Nets 2022

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

There's only so much sideline in game speeches can do to save your job.