Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

VideoKilledThe

Re: Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Valencia looks electric.

Love this West Ham side, and the way they press the ball.

Song and Collins were outstanding today.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Ummmm...so bottom half this season?

One win in seven. What a terrible, terrible team.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

VideoKilledThe wrote:Valencia looks electric.

Love this West Ham side, and the way they press the ball.

Song and Collins were outstanding today.
Yeah, he's been very good. As has Sakho. Really wasn't expecting anything after last season's performances against Citeh.

Song is great. Hopefully Barcelona don't want him back, and he wants to stick around after the end of the season. Best team we've had in ages so just enjoying it while it lasts.

Off to Goodison Park next month which I'm pretty hyped about.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

How is Jenkinson doing?
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:How is Jenkinson doing?
Pretty good. I think Cresswell does a much better job on the opposite side to him, and this is his first season in the Premier League. I actually missed the game yesterday, but by all accounts he was very good. I hadn't seen a lot of him at Arsenal, but I think he's a decent player. Capable of putting in some great crosses and also lightening quick compared to Guy Demel and Joey O'Brien. Defensively though, I think Demel is maybe a little more solid.

Would be more than happy if he stayed after his loan spell, but it's clear to all that hes a Harlow boy and loves the Arsenal. I think West Ham is more his level though tbh.

Comedy Quaddafi

Sounds good. He also puts in a real effort.

I think Wenger wants to sell him, he wouldn't have loaned him out otherwise imo.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Yeah, it reminds me of the situation with Henri Lansbury a bit. Wants to prove himself at Arsenal but just don't think Wenger wants him.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

That Spurs game today was ugly as hell. Glad we got the three points but that was retarded.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

odium-LSC wrote:That Spurs game today was ugly as hell. Glad we got the three points but that was retarded.
Got really fortunate. Didn't deserve anything from that game. Benteke red was a joke.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Co-signed to all that.

Comedy Quaddafi

The press is soft on LVG. Moyes was an easier target but he did spend 100m+ less.
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

True, but Di Maria doesn't join United if Moyes is still manager.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

I'm fairly certain that without Alexis, Arsenal would be fighting relegation.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Manchester Shitty.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I don't understand why they have struggled to find the same European form as they do in the domestic league.

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

"The EMPTihad LOL".

Find it quite hard to be interested in the Champions League tbh.

Req

Post by Req »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:"The EMPTihad LOL".

Find it quite hard to be interested in the Champions League tbh.
its mostly bollocks until the KO round anyway.

am enjoying the prospect of both City and Liverpool getting knocked out at the group stage though, esp after all their TOP BANTZ at Utd fans this year.

btw, Liverpool fans singing their shitty '5 times' song in the Bernebeu was hilarious.
F.U. MOOLAH

Y@k Bollocks

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Req wrote:am enjoying the prospect of both City and Liverpool getting knocked out at the group stage though, esp after all their TOP BANTZ at Utd fans this year.

btw, Liverpool fans singing their shitty '5 times' song in the Bernebeu was hilarious.
Oh yeah! I read about that. Cringeworthy.

Actually, speaking of cringeworthy, I met a guy (friend of a Scouse mate of mine) from Kent at the West Ham vs Liverpool game. He has a Liverpool season ticket and does a fair amount of away games. Seemed like a nice enough chap, but my mate informed me that he can affect a thick Scouse accent, and that he'll use whenever he's at a game.

:bunk:

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Honestly the most disappointing thing about this year as a Liverpool supporter is that the team hasn't taken on BR's personality as a pressing, possession, penetration team. There was always going to be a drop off after losing Suarez, but the team have been down right dull and boring on multiple occasions. They clearly can't defend, I liked it better when BR played a 3-5-2, and bombed everyone forward with wreckless abandon. I like Moreno, and Manquillo. I think Coutinho is brutally under utilized. Basically the whole season is hinged on Sturridge and Balo gelling, and inspiring the side to look like a shadow of something from the last 2 years. Mmmm Europa league?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

The majority of these Tottenham players shouldn't even be playing football for a living. Who even encouraged them to play this sport? Who deemed it acceptable to pay these guys actual currency in exchange for these so-called services? Who is to blame for these shenanigans? Because these guys fucking suck. I hope that some of these pieces of shit have some sort of education to fall back on. A skill or some kind of trade...

Comedy Quaddafi

The league is brutal this year, to be fair. You're not doing worse than Liverpool and only slightly worse than United. "Lesser" teams aren't impressed by anyone right now.

I liked Pinocchio at Soton but they're not any worse off right now, far from it. Wonder if Spurs are giving up on sacking managers or if they'll have another go.
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Great cutback by Welbeck, to setup Sanchez for the easy tap in.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:The league is brutal this year, to be fair. You're not doing worse than Liverpool and only slightly worse than United. "Lesser" teams aren't impressed by anyone right now.

I liked Pinocchio at Soton but they're not any worse off right now, far from it. Wonder if Spurs are giving up on sacking managers or if they'll have another go.
I don't blame Poch one bit for what's going on this season. The players on the pitch - no matter who it is - just offer nothing. The defending has been horrendous. The mistakes from all of the midfield players have been glaring week in, week out. The attack has been...oh wait. What attack?

The problem is simple: These players just aren't that good.

If Levy does can Poch, it will be disastrous for the club.

Meanwhile, Sigurdsson continues to be a boss....for Swansea and not Spurs. Sigh.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

God, Arsenal suck. They just really suck. It was great having Alexis this year, he's absolute world class and the only person with any heart or desire at all. I'll try and enjoy it as much as I can seeing as how he'll be leaving soon given that he's far too good for this shit club.

Chambers was completely overmatched the entire game, why they left him to get burned time after time without doing anything is beyond me. It's so fucking simple. Then they tie 1-1 and instead of bringing on some positive subs to actually try and win, they wait until they're down 2-1, which of course wasn't much later because Chambers got blown right by yet again. Then the subs get in and Arsenal proceed to pass it around the backline like it's the first 2 minutes of the game.

The club hardly make any adjustments in-game or week-to-week and keep playing the same way over and over again with the same poor results. I don't want to hear about injuries or whatever the fuck else. The players suck, the gameplan sucks, and the management sucks.

It's time.
Last edited by stupidregister on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

That Siggy fk was fucking ill.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Hi guys. Does anyone know what will happen to Barca now that Catalonia is its own state? Will they really get kicked out of La Liga? Where exactly are they going to go if so?

Req

Post by Req »

zombie wrote:Hi guys. Does anyone know what will happen to Barca now that Catalonia is its own state?
Nothing because it's not. The Spanish govt doesn't recognize the independence vote, so they're still part of Spain unless they wanna scrap about it.

If it ever did happen, I'd imagine they'd remain part of La Liga, just like Monaco is part of the French Ligue 1 despite being a separate principality. Reason being, there aren't many other major leagues they could go to and get the same ridiculously lop-sided TV deal. Currently they make over twice what the top EPL team makes due to parity. It's one of the reasons I don't respect La Liga. How one team can make 140m a year yet another team in the same division can't even afford to pay their players is preposterous.

this graphic is for the 2012-13 year I believe.
F.U. MOOLAH

zombie

Post by zombie »

so you dont like capitalism?

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

That graphic is crazy. The difference between what Real made and Man U did is the amount they paid for CR7.

No wonder the Spanish giants can make so many big money signings.

Fuck capitalism.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

More shit play from a shit club.