Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Discuss all sports including fantasy and online gambling.

Moderator: Gregg Popabitch

Positive A

Re: Official European Football 2014-15 Regular Season Thread

Post by Positive A »

Yeah, Arsenal were really bad, but give Monaco some props. They controlled the game and Kondogbia/Moutinho fucking owned the field. Wherever and whenever they wanted. Save for a few highlights, i've barely watched Ligue 1 this season, but Monaco look to be an exciting, pacey squad with some brilliant midfielders.

Ospina is a fucking horrible keeper.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Too true, they were the complete opposite of Arsenal. Even more embarrassing/remarkable was that team they fielded was practically makeshift. They were missing a number of their regular starting 11. Some of those guys barely started any games at all for Monaco let alone in their whole career.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

With Man City and Arsenal being thoroughly outplayed and outclassed in their first legs, this is more telling of how ahead of the game football is on the continent compared to England.

I fully expect Fiorentina to outplay and outsmart Spurs in Europa League this afternoon. Pochettino was outcoached the minute Soldado scored that goal in the first leg. We didn't have a response.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

To be fair City played one of the best sides in the world, doubt many people thought before the game they were on even level.

zombie

Post by zombie »

la liga is way higher level than epl

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

whoa. berahino. brilliant.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Gabriel is already Arsenal's best defender.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... eal-madrid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Finally the gloves have come off. United are being slaughtered in the press for playing like a lowerleague team, not having a midfielder who can control the ball, flushing billions of pound down the toilet and diving whenever they get inside the box. Fellaini @ #10 :lol:
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Januzaj has more bookings for diving than he does goals.

Despite them shitting the bed, they're still in the thick of it for a Champions League spot which is kinda sad to see actually. How could a team this shitty still have a good chance to get in? It's a little embarrassing. Fortunately they won't get it but as bad as they are, that's still sort of an accomplishment, right? Maybe if they win the Europa League next year they can finally get back into the CL?

mud

Post by mud »

zombie wrote:la liga is way higher level than epl
So is Ligue Un.

:ohhh:
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Awful from Spurs. Season basically over. Walker was absolutely abysmal. United was glorious in that first half. Blind/Young terrorized.

Comedy Quaddafi

Arsenal back in for the title.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Arsenal back in for the title.
No.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

I laughed.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

:sad:

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Positive A wrote:Awful from Spurs. Season basically over. Walker was absolutely abysmal. United was glorious in that first half. Blind/Young terrorized.
They should give Yedlin some minutes. He's at least as good as Walker IMO, plus he's got way more pace.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

odium-LSC wrote:
Positive A wrote:Awful from Spurs. Season basically over. Walker was absolutely abysmal. United was glorious in that first half. Blind/Young terrorized.
They should give Yedlin some minutes. He's at least as good as Walker IMO, plus he's got way more pace.
Walker has been pretty great this season, but maybe he was gassed. At this point, I agree with you. Time to start giving Yidlin some looks on the right.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Jan Vertonghen is terrible.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Wow, what the fuck Stevie G.

Comedy Quaddafi

Liverpool go to the Emirates next. That's make or break for their top 4 hopes. I hoped they would finish ahead of United but we're going to have to bury them now.
- MB

zombie

Post by zombie »

stupidregister wrote:Wow, what the fuck Stevie G.
hes a huge cunt

shame on him

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I love Stevie G, but really??!?? really??? If anyone would understand the intensity of the derby, you'd think it'd be him. That shit today was just foul, dirty, completely uncalled for. Not even on the field a whole MINUTE!

For years he has gotten away with this sort of behavior because of his boy-ish face, if Suarez or Balotelli had done this the media would be burning them on a cross.

The truth is "the slip" cost the club the league last year, and "the stamp" in all likelyhood cost the club a champions league spot this year. Still one of the all-time greats @Liverpool, but his career will definitely be marred by these two events.

Comedy Quaddafi

There's still the unwritten last chapter of his Liverpool-career: The potential FA Cup final against Arsenal. Could send him away on a high or make it much worse.
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

IF Liverpool even make it there, but they don't have anything else to play for.

For all the talk about Liverpool being the "in form" team for this calendar year, the last 3 games they have been dreadful, the goalless draw @anfield in the FA Cup, a 1-0 win where the goal was a deflected clearance that ricocheted off Henderson's leg (hooray tho 3 goals in 3 games!), and today's debacle at the hands of United.

On a less bitchy note, Di Maria catching that ball while still on the field was hilarious.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

VideoKilledThe wrote:On a less bitchy note, Di Maria catching that ball while still on the field was hilarious.
Haha, how did he get away with that?

A few things on Liverpool:
-I bought in on their form, I thought they were going to finish above United. It's still possible but it's going to be tough. All the big boys still have to go up against one another so it's still all to play for.
-Ibe being out has been the difference. He was a menace when he was out there and it opened everything up. His absence has been a major factor.
-I hate Jordan Henderson. I hate his face, I hate his attitude, I hate his game. If he's Liverpool's and/or England's future, they're fucked.

Comedy Quaddafi

How does it feel to get Bendtner'd?
- MB

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Eeehhh...competitively you never want to see your national team drop a game like that, but it was a friendly and those aren't our first choice cbs. It's about the 4 year process.

Jozy tho.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Seriously man, giving up 1 to the Lord is bad enough...3?? Has he ever scored 3 playing as himself in FIFA?